User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, Travel Sickness, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Meclizine.

Meclizine Review Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Vertigo.

Reviews for Meclizine to treat Vertigo

"I was prescribed the 25mg pill when I experienced light headedness and dizzy spells for a couple of days. The Dr. told me that I had fluid behind my ear canal causing vertigo and that the med would help. I've taken it twice since last night. Its helping a lot. But, makes me withdrawn and very tired."

TRISH77 June 7, 2015

Dramamine II (meclizine): "It works just as good as the others. Took up to two a day when really bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2015

"Over the weekend I went to the ER for intense spinning sensation lasting for 3 days and getting worse. I was diagnosed with vertigo accompanied by nystagmus. I feel like a bobble head. I was given meclizine. I spent the entire day sleeping however the spinning and bobbing has greatly decreased. I'm taking 25 mg 3 times daily and I must say I am getting better and I'm no longer experiencing the sleepy side effect with it. Eagerly waiting to feel 100% again. This is my first time experiencing vertigo and I must say it really scared me. But this medication is really helping thankfully."

AJ40 March 16, 2015

"12.5 mg helps with sensations of dizziness, spinning, balance problems, but makes me unable to function for 24hr. Very drowsy. I am 5.5, 106lbs."

Sam_FM February 27, 2015

"This medicine was great for my Gastroenteritis Vertigo , the only bad thing I came across was having very strange to very disturbing dreams. At the time of my visit to the ER I was under extreme amount of stress which, could be the reason why I had these crazy dreams. But, I remembered my dreams in full detail, unlike the dreams before taking this medication. The other side effect was sleeping all the time(which,I'm sure I needed at the time due to stress). I did in fact had a good nights sleep which, I never do. I never sleep well do to chronic back pain.Also, had to take nausea pills with this medication."

missyross February 16, 2015

"I've been taking meclizine 25 mg for 3 months. I do cut my in half can't function on a whole. I've been trying to come off them slowly. Im in Neuro vestibular rehab to help retrain my brain so I don't have to live on these pills and can try and live a normal life. Dr thinks I have Ménière's my balance is a big issue. Hope is all we have for this out of control vertigo."

Klraynes (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2015

"I have been suffering with vertigo for the past three months, spinning every night and still dizzy and nausea during the day. This was causing major stress for me, the doctor put me on antibiotics and steroid and still nothing makes better. Went to another doc and was given meclizine and got my first night sleep with no spinning when turning over and not getting up feeling sick. This was a great feeling but I cannot take during the day or I would fall asleep at my desk. But I will take sleepy over my world spinning any day!"

chris s December 14, 2014

"I was diagnosed with Benign Positional Vertigo in early 90's. It started at a very stressful time in my life. Dizzy, feeling faint, nausea, headache, anxiety, off-balance, can't sit up or lie down without the room spinning, fuzzy feeling in head. Prescribed first by my doctor as Antivert. It made me very sleepy and calm. Good for anxiety as well. It did help stop the spinning and helped me feel much better. I had a wonderful respite from this BPV for years and now today bending down to get seltzerr in supermarket my head started swimming. VERTIGO! I purchased LESS DROWSY form of Meclizine and it is helping and it does make you less drowsy. Good luck to all of us this Vertigo is no joke."

DizzyChick September 2, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Bonine (meclizine): "I have had vertigo for 4 years now and Bonine is the only thing that helps me, I have these on hand wherever I go and could not function right without them. The heaviness in head and the dizziness, I feel it coming on and take two and I'm fine about 20 minutes later. I highly recommend Bonine for vertigo symptoms."

hark33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 30, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Antivert (meclizine): "Really effective albeit sedating. I have Menieres with horrible vertigo, and have tried several meds, including Ativan and Lamictal, but Antivert seems most effective verses costs and side effects. Definite "hangover" of grogginess from the Antivert, but I can muddle through if I don't take it too late at night."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 30, 2014

"I've been taking meclizine for the past year on and off due to BPPV. When I feel "off" and know it's coming I take a 25mg pill 3 times a day for a day or so. If I ignore the feeling (sometimes I'm in denial...) and the world begins to spin I take a pill and the world rights itself within an hour. "

DanaLu (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2014

"I have taken this for years, as I've had vertigo problems ever since a head injury years ago. For the person who can't find it, go to your CVS, Walgreens, etc and ask them to order it in bulk."

Dana J February 11, 2014

"I have vertigo a few times a year. Diagnosis is inconclusive but possibly Meniere's. Meclizine helps a lot. I have almost no side effects, but it sometimes only mitigates, doesn't eliminate, the vertigo. I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds and wonder if the dosage instructions are sensitive to body weight."

AlaskaGuy December 16, 2013

"I just had my second case of vertigo and tried 25mg of Meclizine and like many others it worked very well but I could not stay awake. My doctor changed my med to the 12.5 mg and I like that much better. Still stay a little tired but at least I am not sleeping all day."

Ray, From South Carolina (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2013

"I have had positional vertigo off and on since 1983. When vertigo rears its head I turn to meclizine. I take 25 milligrams a day. It is the best medicine I have found for vertigo."

joelatuna99 July 25, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm a 71 year old woman. Have vertigo and nausea that lasts for months. The Transderm-Scop patch helped off and on, but it is supposed to be worn on the neck and it would itch and leave a rash. So, I tried meclizine. No dizziness, but I can't get out of bed. Tiredness over comes me. Not sure what to try next."

andi n (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

"I could not lift my head off the pillow for two days. I was so nauseous and lightheaded. I finally went the doctor and he diagnosed my with BPPV and central vertigo. He gave me this medication and the next day I felt way better. I have had to take one every morning since. But it didn't make me really tired. Just a little sleepy. Hope this helps."

queen of hearts June 14, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had 2 episodes of vertigo that were 9 months apart. The 2nd was worse than the first, in that it had vomiting accompanied with the vertigo. I must say though that in both times, meclizine helped to relieve my symptoms. I hope this is the last time I experience vertigo. I do not find that it makes me unable to function."

BUN BUN (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2013

"This helps my vertigo quite quickly but, leaves me very sleepy after a short while. I can only take half of a 25 mg tablet at a time."

NicAlbrecht (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 15, 2013

"It worked but the first day of taking after my vertigo issue I slept all day & all night. Took second day and all I did was sleep, I can't take it and function and definitely go to work and take it. I walk around in a fog even if try to keep busy while taking during the day."

bigbird 63 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2013

"I use meclizine for chronic vertigo related to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome and FMS. It is the only thing I've found to stop the spin, or at least make it less extreme."

Joshua I. G. (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2013

"My Dr prescribed 25MG tablets of meclizine a couple of years ago. I take it on an "as needed" basis and it has taken care of the times I have symptoms of lightheadedness or dizziness, maybe once or twice a month. I have had no side effects and sleep well with or without the tablet and can drive with no problem."

Al Peters March 17, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"The vertigo seem to go away. I only experience it now when I lay down and only for a few seconds. But I noticed something different and I don't know if it is the effect of the medicine. My senses seemed heightened, especially my sense of smell. And my awareness seem to be on the edge too. A sudden sound or even a suspenseful scene in a movie cranks my adrenaline. My son dropped his bottle of milk and I thought I would have a heart attack! My heart jumped at the sudden noise."

Mix March 9, 2013

"This really helped me with the nausea and dizziness of Vertigo. It does make one VERY sleepy. I could only take a HALF of a 25mg pill. It's been 2 days and I am still sleepy, but it helps so much"

Sammijo1122 January 19, 2013

"I have Meniere's disease. When it hits I am on the floor in the bathroom nauseous for hours. I take meclizine at any indication that the Meniere's is acting up. It is a miracle for me. I have zero side effects. Not sleepy or groggy, and not dizzy or sick."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next