User Reviews for Meclizine

Also known as: Antivert, Antrizine, Bonine, D-Vert, Dramamine II, Dramamine Less Drowsy, Driminate II, Help I'm Nauseous, Meclicot, Medivert, Meni-D, Motion-Time, Ru-Vert-M, Sea-Calm, Travel-Ease, Verticalm

Learn more about Meclizine.

Meclizine review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Motion Sickness.

Reviews for Meclizine to treat Motion Sickness

Review by Itwasrough: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): On the advise of a friend my wife and I started taking Bonine 24 hrs before we departed on a small ship cruise in the Caribbean. It was the best advise we could have gotten because at night while traveling between the islands the weather was very very rough. Over half the people on the cruise were extremely sea sick and miserable. We felt fine and had no issues at all. I highly recommend this product.

September 18, 2013 10:15 PM
Review by Helenvb66: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): I didn't get motion sickness until AFTER we got off our 7 day cruise. I have been fighting nausea and dizziness for a week now (The doctor said it is normal to suffer this after a cruise), after reading these reviews, I went and bought Bonine. I took one pill and I feel great! Sure wish I had researched this a week ago!

June 18, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by Mrediam: User Rating:

meclizine: Used it for scuba diving from a boat. Before using meclizine, couldn't keep my stomach contents where they belonged. Ruined several dive trips. After taking 25mg, I got to watch the other divers handing over the boat feeding the fish with their breakfast. Heavy seas, no problem. Got it at Target.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 29, 2013 5:34 PM
Review by JVC0914: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): My husband and I went on a 3 night Bahamas cruise for a romantic getaway.. I get "sea sick" when traveling at times, but was thinking big ship = less motion? Wrong! I was sick by dinner @6pm and we boarded at 4pm. I was so upset :( crying, nauseous, disappointed. My husband & I went to the gift shop & found Bonine. I took 2 & got very drowsy but no more sea sickness. I decided the next dose I would take 1 pill & see if that went better..it did! So for the rest I'd the trip I took 1 pill every recommended dosing time, and I did not have sickness or drowsiness again. Bonine was amazing for me! Highly recommend it and it was worth every penny.

March 29, 2013 10:11 AM
Review by Jdk41: User Rating:

meclizine: I use to dread flights, elevators and fishing trips because of sickness. Took Bonine on a snorkeling trip and was actually able to eat on the boat! It really works for me and I am amazed because I have tried everything and doubted this medication would help. I highly recommend Meclizine!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2013 3:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Bonine is a miracle if you are bothered by motion sickness. I take a caffeine pill, with Bonine to combat drowsiness. The combination of the two, is a winner for me.

September 27, 2011 8:54 AM
Review by Janabob: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Bonine did not work at all for me and I really suffered during a 2-hour flight.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2011 1:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): I have to swallow two tablets an hour before I expect motion sickness to occur (getting on a plane, riding in a car, etc.) and it totally works. Doesn't work instantly for me though. I also took this for nausea due to pregnancy and it helped with that too. I highly recommend Bonine!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2011 3:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): I took it prior to leaving on a cruise and it worked very well. I took it every day that we were at sea. I highly recommend this medication.

June 16, 2011 2:59 PM
Review by Christine P.: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Hated the taste of the chewable Bonine and did not help with my motion sickness.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2011 5:28 AM
Review by Craig L: User Rating:

Dramamine Less Drowsy (meclizine): I've always had success taking this. I have noticed that I have never had a turbulent flight when I've taken this, which I think would be a good test.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 10, 2010 2:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

meclizine: We cruise 2 or 3 times a year and this medication has made it possible for me to enjoy it. The first 2 were several years apart because I got so sick on the first one. The second one I was sick only one day and the infirmary gave me some samples of meclizine. Within hours I felt great and now I start taking meclizine the day before we sail until the day after we get home. I have had very few issues, a little "queasy" when in VERY rough seas, but never sick. For those few times, ginger ale has settled me right down. I highly recommend this medication for anyone suffering from motion sickness.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2010 7:29 AM
Review by Free Fred: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Works great, makes me a little drowsy. I would not take it if I am driving.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 15, 2010 10:46 PM
Review by gold4261: User Rating:

meclizine: It does help me a lot, plus I have zero side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 9, 2009 9:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Both my son and I took this on a diving trip and it worked great. No side effects. I have high blood pressure and had no effects that I could tell. We took 1 the night before and 1 an hour before the boat left the dock.

July 14, 2009 8:08 PM
Review by melibrym: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): Took Bonine for a 3 hour flight and it worked great. I get motion sickness very easily and Bonine stopped the nausea and dizziness. I did have some drowsiness, but I will take that over the dizziness and nausea any day.

May 18, 2009 10:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): We are cruisers and have been on many since 1980. My doctor at the time told me to try Bonine, and it has gotten me through many a rough sea and I'm always able to enjoy myself. I have forgotten to take it twice and each time got motion sickness. So I always recommend it to family, friends and other new cruisers.

April 6, 2009 1:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): It worked immediately. I was on a cruise ship and as soon as I popped it into my mouth the vertigo and nausea disappeared for 24 hours. No drowsiness.

December 15, 2008 6:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Bonine (meclizine): I went on a 4 day, 3 night cruise with my identical twin. Both of us had previously taken Dramamine but neither of us liked it due to the sleepiness. She bought some Bonine while I had my doctor write me a prescription for the back-ear sticker. Both of us took our medicines 12 hours before getting on our plane. I got tired while she enjoyed poking me and making fun. The back ear patch didnt work, because I got sick with in minutes of being on the ship. My sister forced me to take the patch off and made me take the Bonine. We had a great trip. We swear by Bonine and our family and friends love it too.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 9, 2008 9:36 PM
Review by KClean: User Rating:

meclizine: I have taken regular Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) & now Dramamine II (meclizine). Both are great products. I have no side effects except for slight dry mouth/nostrils, but this is a condition I am prone to without taking meclizine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate