User Reviews for Suprep

Learn more about Suprep.

Suprep Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep to treat Bowel Preparation

"Terrible reaction to this medicine. Severe bloating and cramps. At first I just figured it was a side effect and will feel better once it started working the cramps would go away. But it never worked and cramps got really intense after hour 5 hours after drinking Suprep I was considering going to the emergency room. I didn't have fever or feel like vomiting so I decided to stay. But 30 minutes later I felt weak, dizzy, nauseous, had dry month and my jaw was going numb. I went to the ER. After vomiting I felt better. But then had a bought of hiccups that caused further pain from the cramping. My body couldn't handle the medicine. I did fast, I did all that your supposed to do."

Allanm May 22, 2015

"I was instructed to take the doses at 2pm and 7pm on the day before my colonoscopy. I was able to drink the dose fairly quickly. This was followed by 32 additional ounces of water. Avoid breathing from your nose while drinking it because the salty black cherry flavor is not great. I had some bloating, nausea, and mild chills. It took about 2 hours for the medication to kick in. I stayed in the bathroom for a little over an hour, then the bowel movements slowed down. At 7pm, it was time for the second dose. It was definitely harder to drink and the last few sips were nauseating. This dose worked very quickly (15min) and within a few hours the bowel movements slowed down. By 10pm, I was pretty much cleaned out. Keep drinking fluids!"

Colonoscopy prep (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

"Do yourself a favor and skip down to Time2gonow - 4/27/2015 post. He/She nailed it for me. I read all of the negative reviews until I got to that one. The day of my prep I cut it out and pasted to my desktop. Read it 3 or 4 times before starting. Set a timer and drank the Suprep mix within 15 minutes, and the rest of the water within 30 minutes. I was going before the hour was up and was done in about 90 minutes. Got a good night's sleep before the next dose in the morning. Don't cheat on the liquid diet. I had broth for "meals", and jello when I felt hungry and needed to "eat" something. Otherwise sipped Gatorade all through the day and the entire process. Thanks Time2gonow for your post!"

FirstTimeScope (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2015

"I was very nervous about taking Sureprep after reading the side effects that could happen. I was on a liquid diet all day yesterday of broth, jello, juice and water. I was instructed to take the Sureprep at 3 and 6pm. I mixed and drank the first dose at 3pm. I immediately filled and drank 2 full cups of water per the instructions. The taste wasn't as bad as some of the reviews I read. It does have a salty metallic taste but it was not unbearable for me. My first urge to go to the bathroom came within 15 minutes. this round lasted about an hour to 1 hr 15 minutes. As I sat I continued to drink water because I didn't want to get dehydrated. I had no cramping nor any discomfort at all! My 6pm dose was the same. Great product just drink plenty!"

Mrs. Coco May 14, 2015

"I just have to write this because what people told me seems to be right. People only come on these sites to complain. So I'm here to give a positive review. I just finished my first dose of suprep and ran through the runs that go along with it. I did feel nausea about half way through the dose but it fades quickly once I started drinking slower. It kicked in in about an hour and lasted for about 2 hours. After the initial nausea passed I had no issues whatsoever. It did its job. It didn't give me cramps or headache. Also the taste really isn't terrible. I'd compare it to salty Gatorade. Just don't take huge swigs of it and you'll be fine. Overall I'm not too nervous about my second dose. Not a terrible experience at all."

Tjtieg (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015

"I took the Suprep as directed in two doses the evening before my Colonoscopy. Very nasty taste it took me close to an hour to finish, I felt like throwing up, but lucky for me I didn't. Well I waited and waited to no avail. Had a massive headache, so bad! Bloating and the noises in my intestines were so bad even my dog got scared and started to bark. I still had not gone to bathroom yet and took the other half at 2:00am in the morning, by this time I was feeling so bad from lack of sleep and the headache I lay up in bed not meaning to fall a sleep and when I woke I was covered in the brown stuff, I was 8 hours in before this stuff worked. My Colonoscopy had to be cancelled due to not being clear in time. It just didn't work for me."

It could only happen to me! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 8, 2015

"The taste is dreadful. I actually couldn't get the last swallow of the first dose down, but did get the 32 ounces of water down over a period of time. I am very thin, so drinking all of this took time. It took me 45 minutes to get the first dose down, seriously it made me want to hurl. Then it took the prep about 2 hours to start working.....as I type this it is still working and it's been close to an hour now. To borrow a line from the movie, "Bridesmaids", "it's pouring out of me like molten lava!" So yes, this definitely works. Not looking forward to the next dose and praying it doesn't take so long to work."

Molten Lava Queen (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

"Basically, all the preps taste bad unless you get the Miralax and mix with Gatorade. BUT this is very low volume. I have to use 3 different meds to prep with over 4 days as I have a VERY slow colon. This stuff tastes way better than the mag citrate I have to take tomorrow and for 2 days after that. Mag Citrate (IMO) is way more salty. Took first dose tonite and was going in 30 minutes. Have been going intermittently for about an hour and 10 minutes. Stopped long enough to go and get a banana popsicle and orange Gatorade. Think about it....this is nothing to deal with in comparison to the cancer treatment you might have to have.....the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives!"

GirlGo (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"I started to drink the first batch as directed by my doctor at 6 P.M. Unfortunately, I had not found this site yet. The taste is awful and it took me forty-five minutes to sip it down. The impact was immediate and I spent the next two hours in the bathroom. My next batch was at 7:00 this morning. I made sure to punch my nose, which helped me down the solution in about fifteen minutes. The prep isn't great, but it is effective. I just hope it is a long time before I have to go through it again. Next time I will use orange wedged between sips to see if that helps with the taste."

Flicky (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

"I drank liquids all day. Took my laxative at 2 pm then the suprep at 6 pm. Started going to the bathroom at 7pm & still going at 1:45am. Second round at 6am. Don't know how I'm going to get this second round down. The taste is awful to my tastebuds & made me very nauseous. No cramping, a little chilled at times. I had some of mothers depends and put them on because it just happens before you can get there a lot of the time! Will be so happy when all this is over!"

Tyre May 4, 2015

"Don't let the very negatives scare you. I used Suprep a week ago to prep for my second colonoscopy, and having used the "easy" prep they took off the market after the one I had ten years ago I was very leery. Now, I'm not going to say it was fun, but it was easier than some had led me to believe. I recommend: mixing the "cocktail" and refrigerating it well before drinking it and then plugging your nose when you drink. Also. I sliced a lemon and rubbed it on my tongue between swallows and it really cut the taste (just don't eat any of the lemon or pulp) The worst part in my opinion was that ishy full feeling drinking lots of water after, but that passed quickly. It worked well and fast! I ate lightly the day before."

Chug-A-Lug May 3, 2015

"I'm writing this 2hrs after round 2. The taste is disgusting, unless you enjoy salty fruity nastiness. I've had chills so bad that one might think I was having a seizure. I've also had cramps so bad that would have on a normal day sent me to the ER. I have been dealing with abdominal pain for 4 months, just really hoping to find the cause. Will opt for the Colyte for the next one, as that is what I had 5 years ago without the horrible side effects. Good luck to those who are reading this."

stuckontoilet April 30, 2015

"Well I'm 39 and have been having some unexplained weight loss. My doctors and I have been taking the steps to try to rule out what may be causing it. We have determined my gallbladder is bad, but the doc also wanted to do a Colonoscopy and an Upper Endoscopy to rule anything else out. Like some of the others I started my day with a liquid diet. It seems to help. The at 8pm was my first dose of Suprep. There is no comparison between taste and smell. It smells like cherries but has a very salty taste. About 30 minutes in it hit me for the first round. Not to bad. Once the initial dose and the 2-16oz bottles of water passed through, my trips seemed to slow down. My next dose was at 1am and again 2-16oz bottles of water. Be glad when I'm done!"

First Timer for me2 April 30, 2015

"My test is tomorrow at 3:00pm... kinda late!! I've been on clear liquids ALL day today, and will be all day tomorrow until after the test. The hunger so far is terrible! I prepared cup 1. I refrigerated the Suprep bottles, and water in fridge. I slugged it down in 3 good swigs, nose blocked. Not bad at all. No chills, no cramps. 10 min in, burping. 40 min in was squirt 1. Over 90 min, 4 trips to the john. Lots of gatorade, jello, broth. This was so EASY!! I feel "dry". I bet tomorrow's cup of Suprep will be just as easy since it will be just liquid. Kudos to the GI industry pharmaceuticals they finally got the picture that Golytely gallon was unbearable. My 3rd colonoscopy at 43. Prep was GOOD!!!"

Time2gonow (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

"Tasted better than what I took for the last one. Best tip I can give is to put a pitcher of water and ice in the fridge. When it comes time to mix the prep, mix it with the icy water from the fridge - put it in a 16 oz. glass and drink it right down through a straw. Then fill the same glass up immediately with water and take a quick drink to chase any taste away. After the first swallow, it's not so bad - but just keep swallowing. Had no desire to throw up, no chills, and after about 3 hours of off and on projectile watery diarrhea, got about 5 hours sleep until the next dose. But after that - was up for the rest of the night. Totally cleaned me out. Was told I would get the same prep next time (in 5 years)."

Rupert's Mom April 24, 2015

"I'm on the second dose, but it certainly hasn't been as bad as I was lead to believe. I was done after 3 hours after the first dose, it's been 2 and a half hours since the second dose and I'm making less frequent trips. The taste wasn't great, but not as salty as I expected. The second round seemed worse, maybe because I was pleasantly surprised with round one. No cramps so far, or nausea, the biggest drawback has been chills. It's subsided after the first 90 minutes after each dose, but during that time I couldn't get warm. I compare the taste to either old cough syrup or Ref Bull."

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee April 20, 2015

"This will be my fourth colonoscopy. History of colon cancer on one of my family and colon polyps on both. Have always used Colyte before and drinking it was the worst part of the whole procedure. This time for the first time, I was given Suprep. Someone earlier mentioned using Ginger Ale instead of water to mix with the Suprep. I thought of that also and called a pharmacist and asked. He told me to only use water as the Ginger Ale would upset the electrolytes in the solution making the laxative ineffective. So, I shall use my old tricks which getting it as cold as possible, and using a large straw and gulping down the 16 oz as quickly as possible. Then I have a glass of warm water to immediately rinse my mouth out right afterwards."

dime_adoz April 19, 2015

"The taste is awful! It is gentle and effective at the expense of tasting just like the stuff it eliminates"

Bill H April 17, 2015

"Suprep worked really well except the taste was terrible. Unless you like the taste of cherry flavor medicine, the taste won't be a pleasant experience. Drinking with a straw helped and cutting the taste with either ginger ale or Gatorade made it somewhat manageable. I started the liquid only diet a full 24 hours before I had to drink the first bottle. There was no cramping and it worked suprisingly quickly. I got the chills for a little but they subsided as I continued to drink water. Tips: low fiber diet 3 days before, liquid diet full 24 hours before first bottle drank, put in freezer for a bit, use a straw, take your time drinking it."

KZM April 16, 2015

"Took 1st dose 11pm last night - was so tired and nothing was happening, so went to sleep in bed - BIG mistake. Woke up to an awful mess, no warning - needless to stay, stayed up rest of night. Took 3 hrs. to start working, still working 8 hours later. Have 2nd dose tonight and 3rd in a.m. - I don't clean out well. Taste got worse as I drank more, but just held my nose. Lots of gurgling, no cramps, hoping I tolerate next doses as wel, but hope they work faster. This really works and like it better than that gallon I had to drink last time. Still hope I don't have to do this again for a very long time!"

StillGoing April 12, 2015

"Started yesterday at 4:30pm. Taste wasn't bad, I used a lemon wedge to suck on in between gulps. Almost immediately I knew it was working. 30 minutes in, soft stool then and hour in liquid stools. The sitting on the toilet part only really lasted an hour and a half. Then it slowed down. By 7pm I was exhausted and decided to sleep if I could before round two. Alarm was set for 1:30am. 30 minutes in major liquid stool... mostly water at this point. My procedure is at 7am, have to be there by 6am. Hasn't been a bad process, just dealing with stomach pains. I'd been eating small meals every two hours, so the preparation before the prep has been the most difficult. Trusting for a great report. This 50 plus stuff sucks!"

CCLou (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

"First off, Suprep cleans you out very effectively, which is appealing for GI docs as it makes their job possible. The downside (for the patient) is the taste, which is an absolutely appaling, cherry cough syrup, saltwater horror show. I'm honestly amazed I didn't vomit. Tips: keeping the stuff as cold as possible and sucking on a lemon between gulps is a help but leaving out the cherry flavoring would have been a big plus people."

Flyguy1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

"Female and small frame can not imagine everyone should have to take the same amount? It took me forever to drink it and am having chills, cramps and feel nauseated. I have been doing sprite and lemonade in between gulps super bloated and stomach sounds like a volcano."

Htims April 6, 2015

"This was my 2nd colonoscopy since 2009 and this prep was by far the worst because my first prep did not clean me out near as good as this one did. Did not know what to expect as far as taste, but it was yuck and all I could do to get it down. Nurse told me not to gulp it as it may come right back up so I drank it over about a 10 minute period. Not bad but the after taste is the killer. Started working in about 30 minutes and for the next 3 hours it was doing its job. Some advice, get some moist wipes, they are wonderful versus toilet paper. Second dose was about the same. Did have some bloating and chills from all the cold water, but no cramps, only a sore backside and legs from sitting on toilet for so long. Procedure was easy."

Tn3511 April 1, 2015

"I loved it. It tastes great like grapes. It worked within the hour. I'm 3hrs in and still going. Like a waterfall. My rim burns a tad but I ate spicy food last night. I've got the Vaseline within arms reach. And I haven't traveled further than about 20ft from the porcelain. This stuff is great."

AngryClown March 26, 2015

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Learn more about Bowel Preparation

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations