User Reviews for Suprep

Learn more about Suprep.

Suprep review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 90 medications used in the treatment of Bowel Preparation.

Reviews for Suprep to treat Bowel Preparation

Review by Brumom:

I really dreaded this stuff. I am a wimp when it comes to eating and drinking. This stuff wasn't bad at all. I chilled it for a couple days then iced the water first. I extracted the ice and added the Suprep. It didn't even taste that bad. Kinda like a salty Koolaid. Just imagine your five year old made it, and drink it down. No problem. Started to work in about 30 minutes. No cramping, no nausea, not even uncomfortable. The worst part so far is the day without real food. Hoping tomorrow goes as well!

February 23, 2015 5:55 PM

Review by Sixtyseven:

This was much better than 12 years ago. Suprep seemed to work almost immediately for me, and I just parked on the toilet with my iPad! The taste wasn't that bad and the benefits outweigh this prep thing!

February 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Review by It's done:

Certainly easier than the prep I used 10 years ago. I started prep at 4:00 pm and was still "responding" at midnight. Second dose taken at 5:45 am and was much easier than night before. Elimination was clear by 8:00 am. No nausea, cramping,?just chills.

January 27, 2015 4:36 PM

Like previous posters, I had focused on negative reviews and was terrified as this was my first prep. At 3pm I took my first dose. I mixed my prep with cold water and refrigerated before taking. I had read the lemon slice trick a few times, so had some on hand. I took it down in three large gulps and didn't have any problems. I drank the next 32 ounces of water with ease. About 30 minutes later was my first movement. That dose had me in and out of the bathroom for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The second dose I repeated at 11pm, same exact thing. I was able to sleep from 1:30am until leaving the house at 6:30am. I worried for nothing. All finished and results were just fine!

January 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Review by Peteo (taken for less than 1 month):

Cannot emphasize this enough, I am a hypochondriac and love to worry so naturally I only focused on the less than favorable reviews. Well let me tell you, don't worry. Tastes a LOT like BC powder chased by a cherry coke. Yucky but over quick and at least to me no where near as bad as some described. Actually the worst part was drinking so much water. Made me burp a bunch and feel bloated somewhat. Since I was hungry from only drinking liquids this was not completely unwelcome. Felt chilled for a little bit but I think this was more from being so nervous. Took an hour to kick in and since then has been doing its job. No cramping, just lots of "I gotta go". If this is the worst then this will be about the easiest procedure ever.

January 22, 2015 6:42 PM

This is the easiest by far. Do not worry, easy tasting (comparatively), worked just like everyone said it would, no worries, no cramps, no nausea. And I am the biggest chicken.I will never fear colon prep again.

January 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Crm4785543222222WTF:

Doesn't taste great but it's not that bad - trust me, compared to Golytely this stuff is like fine wine. Good part is that there isn't much of it. Other preps make you drink like a gallon of horrid stuff.

January 19, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by scbelts (taken for less than 1 month):

3 colonoscopy -this prep was actually a very good experience. The only reason I did not give it a 10 was that the prep is nasty-tasting, but not horrific.First dose worked in less than 30 min and after about 4 trips to toilet I was done. Chills but no cramps. That cleaned me out so second dose at 5 am was easier. Hydrated (gatorade) and low fiber diet the week before helped,

January 19, 2015 2:02 PM

Review by Calilee28:

It's not as bad as the reviews I had read. I was really nervous and didn't know what to expect, so I came on here to get an idea if what I was getting into. I have chronic severe food allergies. This product began to work smoothly within the hour. I used Oragel on my lips and drank completely down using two straws. Did not taste bad at all. I promptly drank two 16 ounces of water. I did get a little queasy a couple times and just chewed on ginger candy and was fine. I'm a wuss about everything, but I have to tell you this was smooth compared to what I suffer with a food allergy bout of diaherra. This did not cause any cramping or bad stomach pains.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 5:45 PM

Review by constance paited:

I thought it was going to work immediately but took a good hour. Hour mild cramping and diarrhea for 45min. Thought I was done and could go watch the bachelor. I got 5 min into the show and almost didn't make it back to the bathroom. 15 min waiting for diarrhea to stop. Finally I can go watch the bachelor. 20 min into show and it hits again. 10 more minutes of diarrhea and finally done. It was not as bad as everyone was saying. Now for my morning prep

January 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Review by Anxietypron (taken for less than 1 month):

Not bad at all considering all the bad things I'd heard about the prep I'm more nervous about the colonoscopy. The mud butt last about 4 hours only thing I really noticed was a loud stomach

December 31, 2014 11:06 AM

Review by Danniele (taken for less than 1 month):

Tomorrow will be my 3rd colonoscopy in a 2 year period. I have never done a liquid prep before. I took 2 Dulcolax, then about 2 and 1/2 hours later, I went into the bathroom with the Suprep mix. To me, the taste was dreadful. I had to gulp it down and chase it with some clear juice. I had it all gone on less than a minute. It worked very quick. Within 5-10 minutes of taking it. No pain at all. But I have a feeling I may be on the toilet all night. My bottom is very sore as well, but that is to be expected. I have been going roughly every 10 minutes for the last 7 hours. All in all, this does its job pretty effectively!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by ricky dicicco (taken for less than 1 month):

I drank the prep down in 4 gulps followed immediately by 2 16oz glasses of water. The water helped clear the taste away. The taste is sickly sweet with a strong bitter after taste - but not even close to making me gag or anything. It took 1.5 hours before my first trip to the bathroom. After that I went about 4-5 more times. Next morning I took the second dose. This time it kicked in quicker - about 45 mins. Colonoscopy itself was no big deal because you're anethestized and don't remember or feel anything when it's done. My colon was clean. I had the colonoscopy because I turned 50 and last year a good friend was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer - he's in remission but took a real beating with the surgery & chemo.

December 29, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by GOTTA GO (taken for less than 1 month):

IF YOU WANT TO AVOID NAUSEA, HAVE YOUR DOCTOR TO PRESCRIBE A TABLET THAT YOU WILL TAKE 20 MINS PRIOR TO STARTING THE SUPREP%u2026IT WORKS WONDERS.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 6:52 PM

Review by Cancer fighter (taken for less than 1 month):

Took my first dose of the salty cherry flavored liquid. Cool water, thick smoothie straw, less than 2minutes! Did a 20oz of water each half hour after for an hour and a half.....it hit me 10 minutes in, no cramps or rush to the potty. Just needed to go like normal, first ten minutes and fluid was coming out more clear. The key to the taste, get it down quick and don't think about it (lemon wedges are a saving grace). Trick to easing potty pain, eat light three days before, liquids ONLY the day before and easy as 1,2 and done!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by Bobbi'sreview:

I had an upset stomach the whole day, so I suspect by the time I drank my first dose I was already cleaned out. The stuff did not taste all that bad.. At least the first bottle. I found it hard to drink so much water. It took about 30 minutes to work... And as I expected there wasn't anything in me to clean, so after using the toilet for about 2 hours, all I passed was clear fluids. when it came time for the second... this time, I couldn't even get the stuff down. I took two gulps and gagged so much I threw it down the sink. Maybe it was harder because I thought I really didn't need the second dose. So hopefully, the one dose was enough.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 8:54 PM

Review by OMGITSOVER (taken for less than 1 month):

First time using this prep and it does work much better than others. It is the most disgusting, fowl tasting thing I've ever had. If I have to use it again I may try some of the tips I've seen here like the lemons. After getting 1st dose down it took about 45 mins to start. The second dose was the hardest to get down. I guess because I knew how bad it was going to be. Almost didn't keep it down. Drinking this and the 32 oz of water in an hour makes you bloated for sure. I did get a headache but that may have come from being dehydrated which I was by the time I got to my appointment.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by DaveSellsHouses:

One of the nastiest things I've ever tasted! Very "caustic" and a little salty. I drank both "steps" in a single swig, then immediately brushed my teeth because of the awful after-taste. The prep worked well, causing relentless diarrhea. I could not even count the bowel movements I had, lasting for about 4 hours after each dose. I'm sure I was VERY cleaned out. Worst part of the whole experience was the severe anal burning.

December 5, 2014 4:15 AM

Review by happyitsover (taken for less than 1 month):

Dreaded starting after reading some of reviews. This was VERY easy - taste was not as bad as some said. Didn't need to chase it with anything, drank tepid water after (cold would have caused me to cramp). Worse part was lack of sleep due to second dose. Will use product again......in 5 years!

December 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Review by KiwiF:

This is my first colonoscopy and I was nervous about the bowel prep. But was pleasantly surprised. I just forced down the drink as fast as possible (4pm yesterday), just mixed it with water, I think mixing it with any other flavor would have made it worse. I quickly chased it down with two big glasses of water over the next hour. Had to be close to the toilet for sure, but no pain, and was finished about 2 hours after the first dose. Have my second dose at 6am, it is 8.14am and I feel fine! Have had to go to the bathroom quite a few time but clear. I did fast for two days prior which I think really helps, so had broth and jello for two days (plus coffee and water and some apple juice). Wish me luck.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 10:17 AM

Review by Joey Dadio:

My poor 9 year old son has had 4 colonoscopy's already and he didn't even complain like this at the age of 2! Anyway, this was my first time and I have to disagree with the majority of reviews. The taste is really not that bad! I mean it's not something I would consume as a drink next to my dinner plate, but my goodness people. I was able to chug it in seconds. I then downed two bottles of water as instructed. I had a horrible full bloated feeling for about three hours until the bomb exploded. I'm in here as I type. Not a pleasant experience... But compared to what I've seen my poor son go through, this easily deserves a 10! It does what it needs to do and the taste is bearable.

December 2, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by Llabaniale:

Do not be freaked out by the other reviews (like I was.) The prep is drinkable, I sliced lemons and sucked on them after each drink-that worked beautifully. Mild cramping as it worked, but it worked quickly. Prep H kept stinging in check. Don't let these reviews deter you, it's way easier than a stomach bug.

November 26, 2014 5:50 AM

Review by Scott D (taken for less than 1 month):

Piece of cake. I stopped eating meat, poultry, and fish 2 days prior. Ate low fiber foods day before prep, and only liquids day of. Placed Suprep and water in freezer one hour before drinking. Mixed it as per instructions, and drank it all through a straw in 10 minutes flat. In between drinks, I'd swish some Powerade around to kill the after taste. Drank my 32 ounces of water in another 15 minutes, and waited. Didn't have to wait long! 45 minutes after the first gulp, it had arrived at the other end. Off and on the toilet and it was over 90 minutes later. The 3am feeding produced the same results, but this time it only took 15 minutes to arrive. 1 hour later, it too had finished. No chills, nausea, or headache. Taste not that bad.

November 24, 2014 11:53 AM

Review by 2nd Time:

2nd screening colonoscopy. Last one 11 years ago and the prep then was pretty stressful. This time, it went great. Sipped the 1st dose at 6:00PM, thought it was not working then bam! At 3:00AM the 2nd dose was downed in one tip of the cup. I did notice adding additional water cups with the 1st dose, kept me going for two hours. 2nd dose I stuck to the plan. No side affects others are seeing. No headache, no bloating, no cramping. Just a successful prep with an all clear at procedure time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2014 7:19 AM

Review by Silver144:

This was the foulest tasting prep I've ever tried. I didn't experience the cough syrup taste; to me it was very bitter. I chilled it & used a straw. Mixed the first dose with apple juice which didn't help at all. I didn't know about the lemon wedges, but chasing each sip with diet Mountain Dew helped a great deal. Not very good results after the first dose but did with the second. Have had queasiness & mild headache & some cramping, but not any worse side effects.

November 23, 2014 11:38 PM

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Learn more about Bowel Preparation

More about Suprep (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)

Other formulations