User Reviews for Milk of Magnesia

Learn more about Milk of Magnesia.

Milk of Magnesia Review Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 216 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for Milk of Magnesia to treat Constipation

"for a couple days I wasn't eating very well and I noticed I wasn't using the restroom regularly. I went and got fruit and stuff with high fiber and I was still stopped up except for occasional little stools. After not being able to go fully for a couple days I started getting very bad abdominal cramps and I started vomiting. I went to CVS and bought milk of magnesia took three tablespoons of it and 30 minutes later I got diarrhea. I feel better my stomach doesn't hurt anymore and I'm not vomiting. I would recommend this to anyone with constipation problems but be prepared for multiple toilet trips"

BonnieBonnie May 12, 2015

"I have motility issues (i.e., idiopathic constipation) and Milk of Magnesia works, but causes severe bloating, for me. For anyone with this issue, Dulcolax is enterically-coated, so no bloating. But, the urge to 'go' comes on very, very suddenly."

Z108556 February 1, 2015

"After giving birth, lay up in a hospital bed and taking all kinds of medicines. Milk of Magnesia is the best way to get the well needed relief. For me, it doesn't cause any of that rumbling you get with laxatives. Thanks."

Shonney (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2013

"If you take the recommended dose it will work gently and effectively in about 6 hours. I use it whenever needed, pleasant taste and no cramps. I have found this to be the best laxative. A word of caution, don't take much more than directed; the first time I ever used this I wasn't wearing my glasses and didn't notice the markings on the side of the dosage cup. I mistakenly thought it said 4 cups rather than 4 tablespoons on the label. That meant I took 4 times more than recommended. That wasn't all- I also didn't notice it was the concentrated stuff-twice as strong. therefore it amounted to 8 times the regular dose. It started working 2 hours later and I spent most of the day and the next day in the bathroom."

happy customer August 7, 2013

"Very good. I solved my problem. I take it once every 3 days without any issues."

Rami2U November 29, 2009