User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 142 reviews 262 medications

Summary of Losartan reviews 145 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "Not sure why there is so much drama here.... My first BP med worked for a year or so, then, I was back up to 165/90 or so. I have a few physical issues so am on some other meds. Since changing to Losartan 100mg, which was a little over a year ago, my BP stays around 130/62. As I said before, I do have other issues so I can not attribute any other problems with it. I give Losartan a thumbs up for doing what it is intended for."

Jumper599 May 1, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I took the pill@morning, low to standard pressure during day--high @ night. Sometimes chest pains, didn't sleep well due to anxiety--tire during the day."

GARYWHITE60 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Lower BP minimal side effects."

Jtpsr April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Very very fast heartbeat in the middle of the night. Thought I was going to die it was pumping out of my chest."

Lizarcrooks April 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm already on a BP med, but my PCP wanted to start me on losartan because of diet-controlled diabetes. I started at 25mg/day, but, after a week, she increased it to 100mg/day. The first two nights were wrecked with insanely severe back pain (I have a long history of degenerative arthritis in my spine, but this pain was insane!) and the 3rd culminated in a full blown 24-hour anxiety/panic attack the likes of which I have never dealt with (I also take meds for depression/anxiety). I also have a long history of IBS and have had 3 days of watery stools. I refuse to live like this... There has to be a better way. I cannot wait out the "week or so" for the side effects when I already had these issues to begin with..."

TwinofJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had trouble getting to sleep, stuffy runny noise I am 43 years old I was on norvasc but my new doctor recommended this I stopped taking it maybe he can lower the dose"

NYCWarriorMom April 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started Losartan 25mg about a week ago due to high blood pressure I'm 35 male, BP at its highest 170/115 but averaging about 155/98 heart rate of 49-54 beats per min, I'm about a stone over weight but overall not in bad shape. Diet is not the best to be honest, these tablets have knocked me for 6, so tired and lethargic, like somebody's has taken the spark out of me, today under instruction from the doctors have gone up to 50mg daily, well I haven't really got out of bed all day apart for a little food and some apple juice. I have another week of this yet I'm not looking forward to this. Any advise on increasing energy levels would be greatfull"

Englishman Kirby March 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Losartan 25mg for about 3 months now for slightly high bp, 155/93 or thereabouts. I am a 62 yo female who was working full time. The drug works fine for me, no dizziness or nausea. However, I have began to notice some joint pain in my right elbow and left wrist which may or may not be related to the drug. It's just that I didn't have it before. I did have a but with left side back ache for 3 days that I thought was kidney, but there were no other symptoms of kidney issues so just hit water bottled it and it went away. No issues other than the sore joints. Not taking any other meds so no interactions."

Safety Geek (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Took my first 50 mg tablet yesterday 6 hour's later it was like I had been spiked, really dizzy ,fell over twice serious head pain , then the worst part I had a fit of uncontrollable laughter it was like some sort of fit, I don't remember much of it only what I've been told apparently lasted bout 15 minutes followed by vomiting, any one else had similar side effects"

davej1066 March 2, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Took Losartan 50 mg for three days. I'm experiencing insomnia, diarrhea and stomach pain. I have heart palpitations, my face is flushed, I'm tremendously thirsty, and I feel "out of it." Plus, my blood pressure actually went up! Talked to my sister, who is sensitive to medications, too, and found out she's been on this drug for several years. Guess what? She's been experiencing some of the same "mysterious" symptoms, but her doctors haven't put two and two together. I'm discontinuing immediately."

MSSensitive (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "On 100mg. My BP was around 147/95 for several years. The odd thing is I'm fairly fit. I got off big cardio a few years back and just lifted weights 5-6 days a week. Yeah I got big, but I knew things were not right, BP was HIGH. Got onto Losartan, first few days on 100mg...I almost passed out, sweated profusely, was dizzy, and really shouldn't have been driving. I've switched it up to 50mg morn, and 50mg night. Now my BP is back up high, and I'm just not seeing results (I'm back on 30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights daily, sometimes double that. First month this Losartan really messed me up...couldn't concentrate, personality kind of disappeared for a while. Back level now...but if I get even a little bit dehydrated, I feel faint"

Patricio G February 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 23 year old with a blood pressure of 150/95. My doctor but me on this medication as my first ever blood pressure medication. Since taking it I have had awful shooting back pain to the point where I can't sit down for a long period of time! After reading the side effects related to this medication I am putting the back pain down to this medication and will definitely be stopping it!"

Lissie2017 February 16, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken Lozartan 50 mgs for about 2 years. I had to stop . I am with left leg and back pain for 2 month. It is a side effect. Doctor prescribe me another one yesterday. All I can say is that lozartan has too many side effects."

rubia linda February 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Switched to this since Lisinopril made me cough like a barking seal. It keeps the bp in check, however, after taking this medication for several months I have developed serious side effects, including weight gain --up 20 pounds since started taking, high blood potassium, moderate dehydration, numbness, orthostatic hypotension (probably from the dehydration). No one told me about the potassium issue, wasn't warned by the pharmacist, the doctor, had to look this up on the internet. My vitamin C supplement contains electrolytes and this is a contributing factor. REALLY, REALLY think this potassium issue should be on the label of each bottle. Along with CAUSES weight gain. Very important for those of use with specific health issues."

Fat and unhappy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "49 years old - I have been taking losartan krka 50mg for 3 weeks so far with no side effects at all and blood pressure from 140/90 is now between 114/78 - 118/79, I check daily 4 times, I eat chicken meat with no skin 3 times a week , walking 30-40 minutes minimum 5 days a week, no salt, no sweets no alcohol and no coffee or tea, I eat oatmeal with skim milk and sunflower seeds for breakfast, brown rice with boiled vegetables, various beans, peas, walnuts, oranges, apples, avocados, beetroots, potatoes and drinking 8-10 glasses water daily and avoiding stress, hopefully my next visit to the doctor will lower my dose to 25mg and see if I can have a coffee once a day and maybe a glass of red wine 1-2 times a week..so far so good..!!"

george18cy January 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking losartan on Saturday January 23rd, 2016. After my 3rd daily dose of 50 milligram, I developed a dry cough that lasted approximately 6 hours, and I was coughing about every 3 minutes. I coughed so hard that eventually had blood spotting in my spit. I developed a massive headache and I was vomiting. Over the night I developed a high temperature of approximately 102.2 degrees. I went to Urgent Care for some medical attention and told of all the side effects I was having which were as follows; heart rate was increased from approximately 78 beats per minute - 114 beats per minute. Had increased blood pressure of 160 / 104. Had pain in jaw and right bicep. I was urinating approximately every 20 minutes. And more horror!"

mr. sick (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "It's difficult to determine if its losartan or atorvastin. I have right knee pain/ leg pain esp when going up the stairs."

annetta200aol.com January 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Works well with minimal side effects for the most part however I had to switch pharmacies and manufacturer of Losartan to eliminate the back cramps which are the most common side effect. BP stays at 115/70 now on 25mg. On lowest dosage as diet change had a huge impact."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Incredible results. Blood pressure was 177/85. After my second pill, It fell to 144/65. That was a month ago. Today it was 141/65. I am taking 25mg."

Alarman January 5, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had begged my doctor to switch me from Amlodopine and Lisinopril which caused me to retain a lot of water to Verapamil which I had taken in the past. However the Verapamil was useless this time and caused swelling and pain in both legs so my doctor switched me to Cozaar/Losartan which I have been taking for only a couple of days and my bp already dropped from 140/105 to 130/82. Swelling in legs and excruciating pain in my tendons have subsided. Overall I'm not feeling perfect or even near but way better than I was and hopefully on my way to better ways."

Ludew December 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Getting two blood pressure readings of 180/90 a year apart worried me so I asked a physician to prescribe something. This is what I got (50 mg.) I forget to take it about twice a week. My last reading was 150/90, but I had skipped my dose that morning. I occasionally have hip, knee, and ankle pains, diarrhea, and disturbed sleep with vivid dreams, but no more than I did before starting Losartan. Improvements I noticed: I have more energy, for sure. My arms don't feel "tight" inside on days when I remember to take it. The only negative thing that is different is I sometimes get the feeling I'm losing my mind, in a way I never felt before taking this. I can get the feelings under control in a short time, though."

Southernhiker December 6, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on 100mg once a day for about 5 years, has worked well with no side effects. BP is great at home, BP not good at the doctors office...white coat syndrome.I keep a log of my readings at home and are great."

Camel One November 23, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 63 years old and have been taking 100mg Losartan for about 14 years and it has worked great for me. I chew tobacco and that keeps my blood pressure a bit high but when I do not chew....my blood pressure is around 118/76. When I went on Losartan my blood pressure was hitting around 175/92 all the time. So sorry for those who have not had a good experience with Losartan."

Bob Jr. November 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Everyone's physiology reacts uniquely. Calcium channel blockers cause my ankles to swell. One beta blocker didn't work; another worked for 10 years before stopping. Alpha blockers gave me orthostatic hypotension. The perfect combination seemed to be an ace inhibitor and a diuretic, but the diuretic gives me dangerously high uric acid. It lowers fluid volume and decreases the kidney's ability to excrete uric acid. Losartan is the only BP medication that lowers uric acid, so I was switched to losartan with a small dose of HCTZ. Working well so far."

MJ196 November 15, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "This was the fourth BP medication I tried. I've been on Lotrel, Lisinopril, Atenonol and last Losartan, I've tolerted Losartan the best. Started at 25 mgs and immediately noticed pain in feet, difficulty sleeping, inconsistent sleeping, head pressure and dizziness. Cut the pill in half and requested a decrease from my Doctor. Started on half a pill 12.5 mg of Losartan and 15 mg of HCL. Foot pain dissipated but insomnia remained. Started taking sleep aids, so another pill to counter the effects, Also noticed headache was persistent and so was dizziness. Will look to try something else."

Fustrated Engineer November 9, 2015