User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Lorazepam Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Lorazepam to treat Anxiety

Ativan (lorazepam): "Thank God for Ativan. Even though when the stressful situation came up, instead of having a panic attack I was able to stop it with the calm. I do wish it could erase those trigger moments but I'm so glad I can stop them and manage them better with Ativan. I also really like that I can take it on a work day with no side effects or that fuzzy high feeling. It has not affected my sleep or anything else. It's a lifesaver for me. I'm back!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"The doctors put my dad who is 95 on Lorazepam because of anxiety but it takes a long time to get in the system, he takes 2 a day and has been for about 8 months and it does not help, if given right at the start of an anxiety attack it takes over an hour to work and then it hardly works at all, and as he has 2 a day you would think it would keep him from having anxiety or at least make it more mild."

Winter2 May 20, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "Lifesaver for adrenaline rush feelings. The smallest dose cut in half makes me feel calm, slows my racing heart and heart palpitations, and puts me to sleep. I couldn't have survived lyme disease without it. The only bad things are it will make you tired and after being on it for 2 weeks straight, you're likely to have rebound anxiety. If you have long term anxiety SSRIs are the best choice."

rainbowz May 14, 2015

"I have GAD and panic attacks. I use celexa 20 MG as my first line and ativan 0.5 twice daily if I need it. I occasionally take it at night when my mind races and won't shut down. Celexa has my anxiety under good control but ativan is my just in case med."

nanamarie May 8, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "Very effective for calmness."

vgj (taken for 10 years or more) May 3, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, and panic attacks. I previously took Xanax, but it was too short acting for me. I needed a benzodiazepine that was longer acting, since my anxiety goes on for a long time. I like that Ativan lasts 6-8 hours, in which I need for times of long time anxiousness. However I have realized that smoking cigarettes lessens the effectiveness of benzodiazepines, so I will have to work around that. Anyway, Ativan is great for people like me who have anxiety and panic attacks."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

"Taken the 0.5 mg tab only when needed for anxiety over a 9 year period. The last 4 years was prescribed the 1 mg. tab to help with my insomnia. Sometimes am able to use half the tab in order to fall asleep. I'm in my 70th year and see my doctor on a regular basis. It has made a positive effect in my life."

marekae (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 11, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "I take 6mg Ativan a day and will do for life, it saved my life there is nothing else to touch a benzodiazepine if your anxiety is off the scale. Yes you get tolerant but what else is there out there NOTHING that works in 20 minutes like Ativan. I am 67 and not going to worry myself with addiction and withdrawal. What would I withdraw to there is nothing out the. I have taken Ativan for 40 years and I am alive, I don't think I would be without it. "

dyslexic (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2015

"I was on 9mg/day by a very experienced psychiatrist. Sure it affects memories a bit but if you're anxious it works. Choose!"

Dr. Steph Smart (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "Works well with anxiety, panic"

jooe473 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "I take 0.5mg everyday before I head out to work. I had my panic at work, and this keeps me calm and able to get through the day. Some days are more stressful than others and I may have to take another 0.5mg, but I never go over the dose I was prescribed. I am so glad my doctor gave me this!"

RaeRae53 March 26, 2015

"Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder folowing several health issue including Cancer, pre-cancerous duodenal cyst removal, gallbladder removal, kidney surgery to remove stones. I have tried several SSRI's, several SNRI's, mood stabilizers (antipsychotic) and Remeron. All ineffective for my condition as a matter of fact made it worse. Once lorazepm was prescribe it all changed for the better. No side effects, no forgetfulness, no instability (falling). Without lorazepam I would not make it through the past 4 years. I also tried therapy with 4 diff. Therapists and did get some benefits from CBT. But lorazepm keeps me on an even keel. The only problem I have is all the negativity regarding its use. It works for me in small dosage (1 - 1.5 mg)."

John Shag (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 14, 2015

Ativan (lorazepam): "I loved it, when I lost awareness in the Hospital: I was given Ativan. It brought me back to normal. I wish I had some now."

Aracab24 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2015

"I suffer from social anxiety- it's situational. I can go out to the grocery stores and other things but it usually happens in class. I tried 1mg today and it worked great.. It felt so good to feel calm around people and give good eye contact without my heart racing. It makes me sleepy hours later but I'm fine with that."

Raay_09 December 15, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I found this medicine very helpful in my anxiety."

PCMACLINUX (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 7, 2014

"I have bad anxiety about medicines. The only reason I began to trust this one was because I was in the ER with really high blood pressure and a headache that had me concurring to shoot my brains out. The nurse gently asked if she could give me something to "bring down my blood pressure" I said yes because I was desperate. I later found out was an anxiety need and it really did the trick. Calmed my butt right down and I felt normal. Finally! I only use when anxiety is getting outta hand. I'm not into relying on pills daily for this type of thing but it makes me feel more safe knowing I have the "antidote" in my bag should I need it. It works for me even when I don't take it knowing it's in my bag."

missriss December 3, 2014

"It's amazing how well this actually works. I thought I would be stuck with anxiety forever and wondered how I would ever be able to finish uni and find a job. This completely got rid of my social anxiety as well as all the physical symptoms that came with it. I can talk with people normally and for once have some hope that my life could actually turn out well. No more random panic attacks or worrying about minor things either. No side effects of any sort. I wish I had taken this back in high school when I was first prescribed it but I was too anxious to try any medicine."

gregs374 December 2, 2014

"I was diagnosed as bipolar in Nov 2014. I'm currently on 1 mg of Ativan (lorazepan) and 150 mg Seroquel (quetiapine). In the beginning I was very tired and slept a lot. Now that a few weeks have gone by I can think clearly, the depression has decreased and I can function in crowds now. I may not want to spend the rest of my life on them but I am grateful for them."

meep45678 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

"I have epileptic seizures & there are times my mind thinks non stop even in my sleep. And I would wake up tired and sore with a headache. I could literally see my thoughts racing in my mind about things I had to do the next day, I got to the point I was only sleeping 2-3 hours a night, my neurologist prescribed me lorazepam & it helps. I fall asleep faster; however, I still wake up before the alarm but I'm well rested."

Peach45 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2014

"I had been very stressed, depressed and suffered from very high anxiety and panic. I was hesistant at first to take the medication because of all of the scary reviews online, but I have to say, whenever I felt like I was losing control and on the verge or having an attack or loss of control I took this medication and within 30 minutes I felt very calm and relaxed. "

OnlyAMemory November 24, 2014

"Take it for "shutting my brain down" at night so I can sleep. Excellent medicine in that it's subtle and effective. I notice that an hour after dosing I'm much more relaxed and slowing down but in a very good way. Also in the morning I feel very calm again."

TGK21 November 14, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam): "Given that I've had issues with addiction, my previous psychiatrist would not prescribe me any benzos and instead prescribed me Vistaril, which I found pretty useless. For someone with acute panic and anxiety issues, benzos really should be the first and last word on the topic. Ativan is great. Because of my addiction history, I am very careful with it and never take it more than prescribed. It is enough to make me feel "evened out" during the day without making me loopy, euphoric or sleepy. And at night, it puts me out without giving me a "hangover" the following day like Valium does."

AnxietyDude (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam): "Long story short, I am terrified of medication , the first time I took Ativan I had already got myself all worked up about having to take it that when I did I went into full blown panic attack. It was not because of this med , it was my own doing. The second and third time I took it, it worked well . Allowed me to get through the entire day like myself again. Even took the depression away that I have caused from anxiety . I have only taken it 3 times in the last month since was prescribed it . Since I've read how addicting this can be I have been very careful about taking it only when I really need it."

lenalena (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam): "I Have only taken my Ativan 3 times in the past month that I have had it. I really try to take it only on the times I can't control my anxiety and can not work because of it. I am so against taking medication including this one but the second and third time I took it I was happy I did. It allows me to function and get through the day feeling good. It really does take the edge off and also calms my heart rate, As it usually is always beating faster throughout the day just from being anxious. Even though I still get paranoid about having to Take this medication when I really need it , I end up being glad I did. It works! I personally have no side effects either from this med."

lena1990 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam): "I have been taking Ativan for a few days while I wait for Lexapro to kick in. It has been a life saver. It has allowed me to eat and sleep, which has been huge in this fight against anxiety. It really helps mellow me out and take the edge off."

23, Male (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next