Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Ativan

Learn more about Ativan.

Ativan review summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 133 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting.

Reviews for Ativan to treat Nausea/Vomiting

Review by Optiaine (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Ativan is the only drug that can stop my vomiting when I'm in the middle of a bad cycle (I have cyclical vomiting syndrome which is triggered by neurally mediated hypotension.) I've never had any nasty side effects. I just get pleasantly loopy and very sleepy which is usually a blessing after staying up all night. I don't have a prescription for it so I end up in the ER a few times a year which is when they give it to me. (By the time it's that bad, I need IV fluids anyway so...)

November 6, 2013 8:11 AM

Review by geo.:

I have Menieres Disease and taking Ativan helps settle my balance down so I can go to work and function.

May 14, 2012 12:02 PM

This is amazing! It helps so many things. But the 3 main ones are nausea, insomnia and panic disorder. I also have fibromyalgia. I do try to keep the dosage as low as I can. I am prescribed a 1 mg pill 4 times a day. I take 2 of those at bedtime with a muscle relaxer and I sleep all the way through the night. I try to keep it to only 3 pills a day. I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Combined with the Ativan it keeps me and my husband sane. I also do yoga 2 to 3 times a week and walk. Exercise is a must with fibromyalgia.

March 18, 2012 4:46 PM

Lorazepam is the only thing that touches my nausea after having chemotherapy and for break-through nausea from the chemo. I was not aware that this was a medicine used for nausea until my Dr. prescribed them for me and told me to dissolve them under my tongue for the nausea. It almost always helps immediately and doesn't make me too drowsy to function. I just use 1mg. dosage and only when needed for the nausea and that is improving so I am very thankful.

March 17, 2012 3:36 PM

Review by PlainJayne:

This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2010 1:44 PM

Review by lorina:

Ativan is a great medication..It doesn't have any side effects..It really works!

January 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Review by Randi442:

I was completely non-functional as a result of persistent nausea (which seemed to be somewhat stress-related). A combination of therapy with Ativan, Phenergan and Reglan has allowed me to resume somewhat of a normal life.

March 24, 2009 1:39 AM

Review by robbyyz:

Great for anxiety. Not great alone for nausea. Works well with other drugs like Zofran though. Helps take the "panic" out of being sick.

January 10, 2009 4:40 PM