User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

Cervical Dystonia 2 reviews 8 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 359 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Insomnia: "Lorazepam was an answer to my severe insomnia prayer. I've been taking it for a couple of years now and only had to stop when I was pregnant. It really works for insomnia. I take it about 45 minutes before bed and fall asleep and stay asleep. I do not feel groggy in the morning or sleepy during the day. Nothing else has worked for me. I have no side effects from it, that I know of. Talk to your doctor about it if your insomnia hasn't been helped by other medicines/therapies and you need relief."

ktracy26 January 11, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan always helps calm me down 0.5 mg dose, but when it wears off it makes me a little extra nervous but all in all a very effective medicine. Side effect is drowsiness and laziness haha. But I function so much better when my mind doesn't have the anxiety."

Lance 89 January 8, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for 19 years. It started with "status panicus" (continual panic), which was treated by a year of imipramine. When that was tapered off, I switched to concentrated EPA Omega-3 oil, which has controlled the panic for 18 years. But, it sometimes breaks through, especially when I am building up antibodies to an infection. That is when Tofranil (lorazepam) comes to my rescue. A 0.5 mg dose will quell the aura/breakthrough symptoms. A similar dose at bedtime will get me the crucial night of sound sleep that I need to get the disorder back into its cage. Sometimes one good night is all I need to get back on track - a life saver."

cloudokumo December 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Ativan about 4 months ago and I found it was very effective. It saved my life. I suffered really badly with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. This tablet stops the thoughts racing through my mind and calms me down straight away."

lauracrew December 20, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has been a life saver on several occasions in treating my ongoing anxiety; however, I hate that it's so 'short lived'. I take it only when I need it but have noticed that the more I need it, the stronger dose I need as well. I started out by breaking my 1mg tabs in half, now I find myself taking 1-2mg at a time in order to feel any relief from the anxiety."

ilovemydog December 11, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had very little side effects with this medicine and it quickly takes the edge off of a panic attack."

Anonymous December 6, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have just taken Ativan 1mg this morning. I feel just like I felt before all of this anxiety took over my life. I am happy to be me again, hopeful for it to be this easy for future attacks. I am so tired of the doctors in the ER knowing me by face and first name basis because of this condition. I started to lose my mind and had my entire family worried about me. But now after just 1mg of Ativan just today, I feel like I can get through this. If you experienced a panic attack and you are not stressed out you too will think that you are being mis-diagnosed just like me all 17 times in 2 months in the ER, but after taking Ativan I believe the doctors now and I thank them!"

believer now November 30, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Ativan since January 2011, started out with 0.5mg then went to 1mg and have felt better. I used them not only for my anxiety but also to sleep because I have a hard time sleeping at night. I now feel that I can stop taking the medicines for the anxiety, have not had an attack for months but take the medicines to sleep at night. I tried to stop taking Ativan and the withdrawals were so bad I had to start taking them again and now going to see my doctor to help me come off them. "

Anonymous November 15, 2011

For Insomnia: "Great help with anxiety and insomnia. Had no side effects."

ethelsid November 8, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "With Ativan I still felt like myself and it made me happy. I didn't have to feel all shitty and boring. Ativan saved me! It releases faster in my opinion or it reacts nicer."

Killer Whales November 4, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This medication worked for my anxiety but made me a complete zombie. I would forget things I was doing and just had a drowsy I don't care attitude. It got rid of my anxiety but interrupted my daily work routine because I couldn't think to function. I would only recommend if you are having extreme jump out of your skin anxiety, otherwise try to do things naturally. I started taking vitamins and working out regularly and my anxiety has gone down at least 60%."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5 mg of Ativan as needed and it works wonders. Anytime I get "wound up" and tense and can't catch my breath I will place one under my tongue and it does the trick! I don't seem to get sleepy from them either. Fortunately, I don't need it very often but when I do it calms me down quick."

CrystalC October 21, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am on 1mg of it 2x a day as needed for panic attacks, and it takes the edge off, but it does not fully calm down everything, it also helps me sleep well."

XmyXoneXandXonlyX October 11, 2011

For Anxiety: "My doctor prescribed lorazepam 0.5mg for anxiety brought on by health issues. I found this medicine to be very effective and helped me sleep and feel refreshed in the morning. I only take it if absolutely necessary. "

InnerSpirit October 7, 2011

For Anxiety: "I take it mainly for flying. Take it about 30 minutes before take-off and by the time we're taxiing I'm relaxed and not scared."

klg53 September 30, 2011

For Sedation: "Lorazepam 1mg was very effective before I had my gall bladder out. The anxiety and panic was gone. I do take it before my kids get home from school too. It helps me tremendously with my stress, panic, and anxiety. "

marcieof3 September 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "It worked well at first. I was on 1 mg as needed after being diagnosed with M.S. I built a tolerance very quickly even though I was only taking 1 pill 2-3 days a week. Soon I needed 2 at a time, then 3 at a time just to slightly calm my anxiety and panic attack, not fully taking it away (at this time I had been on them approximately a year and a half). Even the first day that I started taking Ativan took 20-30 minutes to feel the effect. Anyone who has severe anxiety or panic attacks knows that is an unbearable amount of time to feel relief. I am now on 1 mg Xanax, which is a God send."

kky September 21, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I rarely take it but it has saved me from a few panic attacks. Makes me a bit sleepy but overall the side Effects are tolerable. I actually find 0.5mg effective."

MaksimBloc September 19, 2011

For Anxiety: "I have taken this drug for many years. HAVE HAD SEVERE ILLNESSES ETC. AND WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP GOING WITHOUT IT. Best medication I have ever taken"

ethelsid September 17, 2011

For Anxiety: "I have been a broken wreck for the last 6 months. My doctor put me on a combination of Celexa (citalopram) and 2 x 0.5 mg lorazepam daily. Been doing that for last 6 months and I'm happy again and actually now getting married. All I know is you live once and this medicine helps me. "

doz September 13, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was on 1mg of Ativan at night as needed. It worked pretty well. Once the side effects went away (a little sleepy and off-balance) I started taking half a pill in the daytime whenever I felt stressed and it seemed to last most of the day. It also helps whenever I feel angry at work. If not for Ativan, I would probably have quit my job or knocked someone out."

Anonymous September 11, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Lorazepam 1mg up to 3x a day, but they don't seem to be touching me. I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety, etc., and I just permanently feel wired, my legs are going 100mph all the time. I get bad thoughts of doom from nowhere. If I'm not focused on something 100%, I end up letting little thoughts of what if I pass out, etc. I've tried lots of SSRI's as well. "

helpneededplz September 3, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "It all started with the death of my fiancee and the father of my kids back in 1999. I started with mild anxiety, poster traumatic stress disorder and panic. It got a little better and I was off medicines from 2000 to 2006. Then in October 2006 I woke up and I thought I was going to die and was in the ER A LOT, for like 3 weeks finally went to psych doctor and they started giving me Ativan. I am very medicine-phobic and have only taken Ativan for the last 5 yrs, 3 mgs a day. Some days it feels the Ativan doesn't work at all and other days I get good relief fast. I have been prescribed numerous SSRIs and am always scared to take them because of all the side effects Ativan gives me no side effects. Recently I was told my blood pressure may be high as a result of the severe anxiety/panic. I'm scared. "

Anonymous August 28, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This medicine has given me my life back. I went to the ER three times last week alone, and was finding myself in the ER twice a week on a regular basis. Finally the doctor there prescribed me this medicine. It works wonders, and puts my anxiety to a minimum. It helps with the chest and throat tightness. I feel great. The only downside is after about 4 hours my symptoms come back. So I take another and am once again feeling better! I'd recommend it to anyone suffering severe anxiety."

Vedabug August 17, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have had anxiety and panic attacks all my life, stopping me from doing things I love like going to six flags or riding an airplane..or even going out to watch a movie or shop and most importantly work. I just got prescribed Ativan and buspirone, and I've only taken the Ativan last night which helps but took a while to kick in approximately 30 -45 mins."

Bellanna6 August 13, 2011