User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 317 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by aprylshowers:

For Anxiety: I was prescribed 1mg lorazepam about 3 months ago. This medicine is really not helping me that much. I have severe anxiety and depression and was taking Xanax for 6 years. But doctors want to put you on something less addictive. With the lorazepam I take 3 1mg pills a day, my anxiety goes down 1/4 of the way.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2011 11:10 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Good medicine, use daily up to 3 mg/day. On it for 15 years. Have ADD and DID, so take also to calm down with all that's going in my head. Keeps me sane so why not and I need it to make my days okay.

February 7, 2011 8:42 PM

Review by sunshine310:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Hello, I'm a 38 year old female that had a seizure for the first time 3 weeks ago. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days. EEG did not show anything. I noticed that when I would think about my ill father, and upcoming responsibilities that I'm going to have to deal with, my foot starts cramping up, then leads up my leg until it makes my whole body do weird movements, and my hands and feet feel like they are spiraling and crushing in my skin (hallucinating feeling). I breath deep, fast, panicky. sometimes I pass out at the end and become incoherent, and sometimes the cramping just releases in an instant and I remember everything. Ativan is the only thing that prevents this from happening.

January 29, 2011 10:59 AM

Review by rbwf:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Cant make it through a day without it.

January 28, 2011 6:52 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was given Ativan during a small procedure and it worked okay. I didn't feel anything ...just a had a bit of a hangover after the procedure.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2011 6:32 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have anxiety disorder. Ativan 1 mg. does nothing for me. No side effects either.

January 5, 2011 12:52 AM

For Anxiety: Ativan saved my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: Just not strong enough, Klonopin or Xanax or really any other benzodiazepines, works better.

December 21, 2010 4:42 AM

Review by Joel A T:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Going through a heart breaking split with the love of my life after seven years. Hows does this happen? Well, when a man (me) is 20 years older than his love, it's inevitable. She is 31, beautiful and feels her clock ticking. I have already raised my kids. You get the picture. The gut wrenching part is that we love each other. That said, you can imagine the wild ride I've been on emotionally. This medicine saved me. I'm sleeping, eating some what and my head doesn't race so much with the thoughts of her someday in a new family. I can function, and the tears for the most part have stopped. 0.5 mg 3 x a day as needed. Right now I take it 2 to 3 times a day but feel I can probably get down to just twice daily. This medicine has saved me.

December 20, 2010 6:11 PM

Review by rotten_sandwich:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: 1mg during a panic attack is good with minor dopiness felt. 0.5mg if panic is on-setting and to keep it at bay.

December 20, 2010 12:25 AM

Review by Lushuz:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: I been having these episodes of panic since 19; after a breakup with my baby's father, I woke up 1 day couldn't breath and went to hospital. Thought I was dying or having a heart attack. They didn't know what was wrong with me after all kinds of test I've was going back and forth 5 x a day finally they figured I had Anxiety disorder/panic attacks! I have taken Bio-feedback, relaxation techniques, therapy and medications until I found out that Ativan 3 x 1mg/day or I will be a regular in the E.R. Xanax works but not as long or as Well.

December 14, 2010 12:43 AM

Review by oxyaaron:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: Not as effective as Xanax or Klonopin.

November 22, 2010 3:14 PM

Review by Soulcrusher:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan has been great for me and my anxiety. I have been using it for over 10 years but don't take it everyday just when needed. I may go a month and not need it. I really don't know what I would have done without it.

November 19, 2010 10:21 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Love it. My doctor just tried to switch me to Buspar, but I just read all the reviews and found not one good thing. I don't even plan to try it. I have been taking 1 mg of Ativan as needed for panic attacks for a year and will stick with it.

October 27, 2010 6:58 PM

Review by PlainJayne:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated.

October 26, 2010 1:44 PM

Review by benzodiazepine:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: Ativan is a great medicine and glad my psychiatrist prescribed me 1 mg 2 times a day. Though I use that as well as Klonopin but Ativan gets me to sleep sometimes and Klonopin keeps me asleep. Overall I believe its a God send.

October 19, 2010 3:33 AM

Review by PhillyB:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I've been taking Ativan for over a year and a half. It's a wonderful quick cure for anxiety. I recently have been going through some rough times and my anxiety has been through the roof. But thanks to my wonderful doctoring staff, I have been handling it very well.

September 21, 2010 12:51 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I developed anxiety very fast and didn't know what it was until one day when my heart was beating out of my chest and I started worrying about my life changes. Went to ER twice in a month thought I was going to have a heart attack. I am 25 and I never knew anxiety can be this bad. I started taking Ativan and it's been 4 months now. I started with 2 a day and now I'm taking one a day. It's a great pill not many side effects, a bit disoriented sometimes but I can sleep better and eat more. I am planning on staying on it until my life gets back on track and once everything settles down I will get off of it. Anxiety is a hard thing to deal with on your own. Only if you have it you understand.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2010 3:32 AM

Review by BAGSUS 1:

For Anxiety: Quite simply the most effective anti anxiety medicine available

August 21, 2010 11:05 AM

Review by can't breathe:

For Anxiety: I thought I was having a heart attack in 2004, went to the ER and learned it was a panic attack. My life is stressful 24/7, but I could not believe I had this! The Doctor gave me a Valium and sent me home. I went to my Doctor and told him what was up, he immediately put me on Xanax. I was cured! It also helped greatly with my depression and short temper I had had for years. I was fine for 4 years, then I moved to being okay.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2010 3:35 AM

Review by lrodzjr:

For Anxiety: I took 1mg of Lorazepam for about a year to help me with anxiety. I also take Cymbalta for depression/anxiety. My doctor directed me to take two 1mg lorazepams twice a day. The medication did help slightly but quickly wore off and I found my self taking three pills between 8 am to 5 pm just to make it through my work day. My doctor increased the dosage to 2mg twice a day and I still did not feel any better. He then switched me to 2mg of Klonopin (clonazepam) twice a day. My life has changed dramatically. I am one of the most social people at work and off now. Side effects; I have little to no libido, trouble maintaining an erection, and extremely delayed ejaculation. But I value the quality of my renewed life over my sex life.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2010 3:58 PM

Review by KARMACARMELION:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It is giving me diarrhea.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2010 2:01 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I never thought this would be prescribed to me. I thought I had heart problems because of my family history. Due to tremendous stress in my life each day I would experience these shortness of breath and tightness on my chest. Until I started to take it right after getting it from the pharmacy. It really works for me, I only take it as needed.

August 11, 2010 2:33 AM

Review by welshcorgie:

For Anxiety: This medicine is wonderful! I have severe anxiety problems that have been leaving me literally sleepless. I finally went back to my doctor after getting only 8 hours of sleep in 3 days. I was on Lunesta sleep aid and he kept me on it, but added lorazepam and said to take it with my sleeping pills each night. Now I'm out like a baby without a care in the world. I can still feel the effects the next day, as I'm much more relaxed about things. I would definitely recommend this to someone who has similar problems to mine.

July 25, 2010 9:18 AM

Review by Celebrian:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: I took this medication because I was having panic attacks. I had no drowsiness, and no side effects. This medication didn't make me apathetic or sedated; it simply took the panic away so I could think and get my work done. It saved me. After the panic attacks stopped, I was still suffering from anxiety (a new condition for me), and the Ativan didn't help that, so my doctor switched me to Klonopin, which worked great for day-long anxiety, while I also tapered up on Zoloft. Still waiting to figure out if the Zoloft works.

June 26, 2010 12:44 AM