User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 2 reviews 8 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 366 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "It works well for my anxiety, but tends to last longer than I need it to. Also I get an odd effect when taken with my Ritalin. It causes me to remain focused but on many random tasks so its some times counter productive at work."

dan131 March 16, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "This medicine makes me feel, for lack of a better description "wavey" although it makes me sleepy and off balanced it does do well with decreasing nausea, although occasionally I still do get the urge to vomit but it's easily controllable."

Elyk bass March 16, 2012

For Anxiety: "I have had really bad anxiety and panic attacks because I'm a bad hypochondriac and am very afraid of vomiting. So I was prescribed it and I have 1/2 a pill whenever I need it, and it takes it away and I enjoy the rest of my day instead of freaking out. I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS."

Jakedanger59 March 4, 2012

For Insomnia: "I am a 75 year old male who has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I have been taking 1mg of Lorazepam at bedtime for 7 yrs now and I am able to sleep."

LouPD February 27, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5 and my doctor told me to cut the pill in half because I have a new born baby and take a whole one at night to help me sleep. The halves have been working great it relaxes me to the point if I want to go to sleep I can. I have generalized anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. I'm always worrying about me dying or my health or thinking something is wrong with me or death is coming. My mind would race bad. I also take Prozac thats a good pill. I also feel lightheaded feeling of passing out but when I take Ativan it stops me from thinking about the things that make me anxious. "

ra ra February 15, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "This didn't help my insomnia at all. If anything, it makes my mind think even more. I have even more trouble sleeping than when I was on Elavil 25mg or Zopiclone 7.5mg. It's frustrating since I'm only 20 years old and I've been suffering from insomnia for 2 and a half years now."

Anonymous January 19, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan 0.5mg calms me down considerably within 30 minutes, but the side effects are so bad that I can't continue to take it. I experienced EXTREME, loss of energy, tiredness, laziness, apathy, and increase in appetite. This might be okay for someone who's at home trying to recover from panic attacks, but not for me. I work 5 days a week and this past week that I was only taking 1 x 0.5mg pill a day was the absolute worst week I've ever had at work, living in a fog and totally wiped out of energy. I hardly got ANYTHING done which is totally out of character for me. Also when this medicine wears off in a few hours it makes me very irritable and nervous. "

creater7 January 12, 2012

For Insomnia: "Lorazepam was an answer to my severe insomnia prayer. I've been taking it for a couple of years now and only had to stop when I was pregnant. It really works for insomnia. I take it about 45 minutes before bed and fall asleep and stay asleep. I do not feel groggy in the morning or sleepy during the day. Nothing else has worked for me. I have no side effects from it, that I know of. Talk to your doctor about it if your insomnia hasn't been helped by other medicines/therapies and you need relief."

ktracy26 January 11, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan always helps calm me down 0.5 mg dose, but when it wears off it makes me a little extra nervous but all in all a very effective medicine. Side effect is drowsiness and laziness haha. But I function so much better when my mind doesn't have the anxiety."

Lance 89 January 8, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for 19 years. It started with "status panicus" (continual panic), which was treated by a year of imipramine. When that was tapered off, I switched to concentrated EPA Omega-3 oil, which has controlled the panic for 18 years. But, it sometimes breaks through, especially when I am building up antibodies to an infection. That is when Tofranil (lorazepam) comes to my rescue. A 0.5 mg dose will quell the aura/breakthrough symptoms. A similar dose at bedtime will get me the crucial night of sound sleep that I need to get the disorder back into its cage. Sometimes one good night is all I need to get back on track - a life saver."

cloudokumo December 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Ativan about 4 months ago and I found it was very effective. It saved my life. I suffered really badly with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. This tablet stops the thoughts racing through my mind and calms me down straight away."

lauracrew December 20, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has been a life saver on several occasions in treating my ongoing anxiety; however, I hate that it's so 'short lived'. I take it only when I need it but have noticed that the more I need it, the stronger dose I need as well. I started out by breaking my 1mg tabs in half, now I find myself taking 1-2mg at a time in order to feel any relief from the anxiety."

ilovemydog December 11, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had very little side effects with this medicine and it quickly takes the edge off of a panic attack."

Anonymous December 6, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have just taken Ativan 1mg this morning. I feel just like I felt before all of this anxiety took over my life. I am happy to be me again, hopeful for it to be this easy for future attacks. I am so tired of the doctors in the ER knowing me by face and first name basis because of this condition. I started to lose my mind and had my entire family worried about me. But now after just 1mg of Ativan just today, I feel like I can get through this. If you experienced a panic attack and you are not stressed out you too will think that you are being mis-diagnosed just like me all 17 times in 2 months in the ER, but after taking Ativan I believe the doctors now and I thank them!"

believer now November 30, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Ativan since January 2011, started out with 0.5mg then went to 1mg and have felt better. I used them not only for my anxiety but also to sleep because I have a hard time sleeping at night. I now feel that I can stop taking the medicines for the anxiety, have not had an attack for months but take the medicines to sleep at night. I tried to stop taking Ativan and the withdrawals were so bad I had to start taking them again and now going to see my doctor to help me come off them. "

Anonymous November 15, 2011

For Insomnia: "Great help with anxiety and insomnia. Had no side effects."

ethelsid November 8, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "With Ativan I still felt like myself and it made me happy. I didn't have to feel all shitty and boring. Ativan saved me! It releases faster in my opinion or it reacts nicer."

Killer Whales November 4, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "This medication worked for my anxiety but made me a complete zombie. I would forget things I was doing and just had a drowsy I don't care attitude. It got rid of my anxiety but interrupted my daily work routine because I couldn't think to function. I would only recommend if you are having extreme jump out of your skin anxiety, otherwise try to do things naturally. I started taking vitamins and working out regularly and my anxiety has gone down at least 60%."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5 mg of Ativan as needed and it works wonders. Anytime I get "wound up" and tense and can't catch my breath I will place one under my tongue and it does the trick! I don't seem to get sleepy from them either. Fortunately, I don't need it very often but when I do it calms me down quick."

CrystalC October 21, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am on 1mg of it 2x a day as needed for panic attacks, and it takes the edge off, but it does not fully calm down everything, it also helps me sleep well."

XmyXoneXandXonlyX October 11, 2011

For Anxiety: "My doctor prescribed lorazepam 0.5mg for anxiety brought on by health issues. I found this medicine to be very effective and helped me sleep and feel refreshed in the morning. I only take it if absolutely necessary. "

InnerSpirit October 7, 2011

For Anxiety: "I take it mainly for flying. Take it about 30 minutes before take-off and by the time we're taxiing I'm relaxed and not scared."

klg53 September 30, 2011

For Sedation: "Lorazepam 1mg was very effective before I had my gall bladder out. The anxiety and panic was gone. I do take it before my kids get home from school too. It helps me tremendously with my stress, panic, and anxiety. "

marcieof3 September 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "It worked well at first. I was on 1 mg as needed after being diagnosed with M.S. I built a tolerance very quickly even though I was only taking 1 pill 2-3 days a week. Soon I needed 2 at a time, then 3 at a time just to slightly calm my anxiety and panic attack, not fully taking it away (at this time I had been on them approximately a year and a half). Even the first day that I started taking Ativan took 20-30 minutes to feel the effect. Anyone who has severe anxiety or panic attacks knows that is an unbearable amount of time to feel relief. I am now on 1 mg Xanax, which is a God send."

kky September 21, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I rarely take it but it has saved me from a few panic attacks. Makes me a bit sleepy but overall the side Effects are tolerable. I actually find 0.5mg effective."

MaksimBloc September 19, 2011