User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

Cervical Dystonia 2 reviews 8 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 327 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan does not help my constant state of anxiety. I always have tight feeling in chest and jittery body movements.

April 26, 2011 3:08 PM

Review by AnxAng:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I feel like Ativan saved my life! Before getting it prescribed, I was sure I was going to have a heart attack. My chest was tight on a daily basis and I found for most of the day I could barely breathe without consciously thinking about it. I don't take Ativan daily, only when I start to feel these symptoms. And within 10-15 minutes I forget that I was uncomfortable at all. No side effects, either. I would recommend it to anyone rather than a daily anti- depressant which is often prescribed for anxiety.

April 20, 2011 8:45 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: Today I had some very severe back pain and after trying some other medications that did not work well at all, they gave me i.v. Ativan and the spasms stopped almost immediately.

April 14, 2011 12:47 AM

Review by Lily ofthe Valley:

For Anxiety: Lorazepam 2mgs helps me live.

March 24, 2011 2:11 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Periodontist prescribed before dental surgery - 2 x 1MG tabs 1 1/2 hrs before my appointment. It was great! I do not remember anything about the surgery and obviously felt no anxiety - yet was awake the whole time. Great for this purpose.

March 23, 2011 2:15 PM

For Anxiety: Relieves major case of anxiety at 2 mg for 4 to 6 hrs.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2011 12:12 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I've been taking a year. Works well for me to decrease the nausea and remove the intensity. No side effects while on it. However, there was one day I went without it and drank alcohol. I experienced a very severe panic attack and the effects lasted for 4 hours. So I would imagine coming off this later will be a process. I do not plan on stopping for at least another year. Worth noting I do not drink anymore, so if alcohol is a part of your life, you have to take that into consideration as to how much you can drink (if any) and how you will feel as a result.

March 13, 2011 11:47 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Extremely effective for relief of severe anxiety and it has given me back functioning after years of truly disabling suffering. It should always be used on an as-needed or short term basis to avoid tolerance and addiction.

March 10, 2011 3:54 PM

Review by Jb113:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I developed anxiety attacks, as many do after a Total Thyroidectomy. I suffered for a year with inadequate thyroid treatment and all the awful things that come with it. Then developed panic/anxiety attacks. They would last 6 or 7 hours at a time. I would barely feel better and then I got another. Ativan helped in 15 minutes. I've been taking it for two months and it has given me back the small part left of my post-thyroid life. Thanks to my thyroidectomy, I will never be well again. But at least I don't have panic attacks.

February 16, 2011 2:42 PM

For Anxiety: I have been in many situations but once my company went bankrupt and the bills started piling up I began to have such severe anxiety attacks that I have lost my vision. Had numbing in my lips and trouble sleeping. I take 0.5 mg when I notice my anxiety coming on. Take 1 mg before I go to bed, helps me relax enough to sleep naturally without being tired the next day. I started taking some supplements and exercising and noticed that I need less and less throughout the day.

February 15, 2011 12:57 AM

Review by aprylshowers:

For Anxiety: I was prescribed 1mg lorazepam about 3 months ago. This medicine is really not helping me that much. I have severe anxiety and depression and was taking Xanax for 6 years. But doctors want to put you on something less addictive. With the lorazepam I take 3 1mg pills a day, my anxiety goes down 1/4 of the way.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2011 11:10 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Good medicine, use daily up to 3 mg/day. On it for 15 years. Have ADD and DID, so take also to calm down with all that's going in my head. Keeps me sane so why not and I need it to make my days okay.

February 7, 2011 8:42 PM

Review by sunshine310:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Hello, I'm a 38 year old female that had a seizure for the first time 3 weeks ago. I ended up in the hospital for 10 days. EEG did not show anything. I noticed that when I would think about my ill father, and upcoming responsibilities that I'm going to have to deal with, my foot starts cramping up, then leads up my leg until it makes my whole body do weird movements, and my hands and feet feel like they are spiraling and crushing in my skin (hallucinating feeling). I breath deep, fast, panicky. sometimes I pass out at the end and become incoherent, and sometimes the cramping just releases in an instant and I remember everything. Ativan is the only thing that prevents this from happening.

January 29, 2011 10:59 AM

Review by rbwf:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Cant make it through a day without it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2011 6:52 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Light Anesthesia: I was given Ativan during a small procedure and it worked okay. I didn't feel anything ...just a had a bit of a hangover after the procedure.

January 15, 2011 6:32 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have anxiety disorder. Ativan 1 mg. does nothing for me. No side effects either.

January 5, 2011 12:52 AM

For Anxiety: Ativan saved my life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: Just not strong enough, Klonopin or Xanax or really any other benzodiazepines, works better.

December 21, 2010 4:42 AM

Review by Joel A T:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Going through a heart breaking split with the love of my life after seven years. Hows does this happen? Well, when a man (me) is 20 years older than his love, it's inevitable. She is 31, beautiful and feels her clock ticking. I have already raised my kids. You get the picture. The gut wrenching part is that we love each other. That said, you can imagine the wild ride I've been on emotionally. This medicine saved me. I'm sleeping, eating some what and my head doesn't race so much with the thoughts of her someday in a new family. I can function, and the tears for the most part have stopped. 0.5 mg 3 x a day as needed. Right now I take it 2 to 3 times a day but feel I can probably get down to just twice daily. This medicine has saved me.

December 20, 2010 6:11 PM

Review by rotten_sandwich:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: 1mg during a panic attack is good with minor dopiness felt. 0.5mg if panic is on-setting and to keep it at bay.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2010 12:25 AM

Review by Lushuz:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: I been having these episodes of panic since 19; after a breakup with my baby's father, I woke up 1 day couldn't breath and went to hospital. Thought I was dying or having a heart attack. They didn't know what was wrong with me after all kinds of test I've was going back and forth 5 x a day finally they figured I had Anxiety disorder/panic attacks! I have taken Bio-feedback, relaxation techniques, therapy and medications until I found out that Ativan 3 x 1mg/day or I will be a regular in the E.R. Xanax works but not as long or as Well.

December 14, 2010 12:43 AM

Review by oxyaaron:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: Not as effective as Xanax or Klonopin.

November 22, 2010 3:14 PM

Review by Soulcrusher:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan has been great for me and my anxiety. I have been using it for over 10 years but don't take it everyday just when needed. I may go a month and not need it. I really don't know what I would have done without it.

November 19, 2010 10:21 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Love it. My doctor just tried to switch me to Buspar, but I just read all the reviews and found not one good thing. I don't even plan to try it. I have been taking 1 mg of Ativan as needed for panic attacks for a year and will stick with it.

October 27, 2010 6:58 PM

Review by PlainJayne:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: This medication did not work at all to control my nausea. It made me intensely sleepy, but I was still nauseated.

October 26, 2010 1:44 PM