Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 350 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by Killer Whales:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: With Ativan I still felt like myself and it made me happy. I didn't have to feel all shitty and boring. Ativan saved me! It releases faster in my opinion or it reacts nicer.

November 4, 2011 12:14 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: This medication worked for my anxiety but made me a complete zombie. I would forget things I was doing and just had a drowsy I don't care attitude. It got rid of my anxiety but interrupted my daily work routine because I couldn't think to function. I would only recommend if you are having extreme jump out of your skin anxiety, otherwise try to do things naturally. I started taking vitamins and working out regularly and my anxiety has gone down at least 60%.

October 24, 2011 10:17 AM

Review by CrystalC:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I take 0.5 mg of Ativan as needed and it works wonders. Anytime I get "wound up" and tense and can't catch my breath I will place one under my tongue and it does the trick! I don't seem to get sleepy from them either. Fortunately, I don't need it very often but when I do it calms me down quick.

October 21, 2011 2:10 PM

Review by XmyXoneXandXonlyX:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I am on 1mg of it 2x a day as needed for panic attacks, and it takes the edge off, but it does not fully calm down everything, it also helps me sleep well.

October 11, 2011 10:53 PM

Review by InnerSpirit:

For Anxiety: My doctor prescribed lorazepam 0.5mg for anxiety brought on by health issues. I found this medicine to be very effective and helped me sleep and feel refreshed in the morning. I only take it if absolutely necessary.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2011 3:46 PM

Review by klg53:

For Anxiety: I take it mainly for flying. Take it about 30 minutes before take-off and by the time we're taxiing I'm relaxed and not scared.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2011 11:40 AM

Review by marcieof3:

For Sedation: Lorazepam 1mg was very effective before I had my gall bladder out. The anxiety and panic was gone. I do take it before my kids get home from school too. It helps me tremendously with my stress, panic, and anxiety.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2011 5:26 PM

Review by kky:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It worked well at first. I was on 1 mg as needed after being diagnosed with M.S. I built a tolerance very quickly even though I was only taking 1 pill 2-3 days a week. Soon I needed 2 at a time, then 3 at a time just to slightly calm my anxiety and panic attack, not fully taking it away (at this time I had been on them approximately a year and a half). Even the first day that I started taking Ativan took 20-30 minutes to feel the effect. Anyone who has severe anxiety or panic attacks knows that is an unbearable amount of time to feel relief. I am now on 1 mg Xanax, which is a God send.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 2:19 AM

Review by MaksimBloc:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I rarely take it but it has saved me from a few panic attacks. Makes me a bit sleepy but overall the side Effects are tolerable. I actually find 0.5mg effective.

September 19, 2011 11:13 AM

Review by ethelsid:

For Anxiety: I have taken this drug for many years. HAVE HAD SEVERE ILLNESSES ETC. AND WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP GOING WITHOUT IT. Best medication I have ever taken

September 17, 2011 3:03 PM

Review by doz:

For Anxiety: I have been a broken wreck for the last 6 months. My doctor put me on a combination of Celexa (citalopram) and 2 x 0.5 mg lorazepam daily. Been doing that for last 6 months and I'm happy again and actually now getting married. All I know is you live once and this medicine helps me.

September 13, 2011 7:50 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was on 1mg of Ativan at night as needed. It worked pretty well. Once the side effects went away (a little sleepy and off-balance) I started taking half a pill in the daytime whenever I felt stressed and it seemed to last most of the day. It also helps whenever I feel angry at work. If not for Ativan, I would probably have quit my job or knocked someone out.

September 11, 2011 12:53 PM

Review by helpneededplz:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed Lorazepam 1mg up to 3x a day, but they don't seem to be touching me. I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety, etc., and I just permanently feel wired, my legs are going 100mph all the time. I get bad thoughts of doom from nowhere. If I'm not focused on something 100%, I end up letting little thoughts of what if I pass out, etc. I've tried lots of SSRI's as well.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2011 10:02 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It all started with the death of my fiancee and the father of my kids back in 1999. I started with mild anxiety, poster traumatic stress disorder and panic. It got a little better and I was off medicines from 2000 to 2006. Then in October 2006 I woke up and I thought I was going to die and was in the ER A LOT, for like 3 weeks finally went to psych doctor and they started giving me Ativan. I am very medicine-phobic and have only taken Ativan for the last 5 yrs, 3 mgs a day. Some days it feels the Ativan doesn't work at all and other days I get good relief fast. I have been prescribed numerous SSRIs and am always scared to take them because of all the side effects Ativan gives me no side effects. Recently I was told my blood pressure may be high as a result of the severe anxiety/panic. I'm scared.

August 28, 2011 8:19 PM

Review by Vedabug:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: This medicine has given me my life back. I went to the ER three times last week alone, and was finding myself in the ER twice a week on a regular basis. Finally the doctor there prescribed me this medicine. It works wonders, and puts my anxiety to a minimum. It helps with the chest and throat tightness. I feel great. The only downside is after about 4 hours my symptoms come back. So I take another and am once again feeling better! I'd recommend it to anyone suffering severe anxiety.

August 17, 2011 7:09 PM

Review by Bellanna6:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have had anxiety and panic attacks all my life, stopping me from doing things I love like going to six flags or riding an airplane..or even going out to watch a movie or shop and most importantly work. I just got prescribed Ativan and buspirone, and I've only taken the Ativan last night which helps but took a while to kick in approximately 30 -45 mins.

August 13, 2011 3:54 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: Potent medication. What makes this medicine so useful for panic/bad anxiety is that you can dissolve it under your tongue in case you need to get the anti-anxiety/panic effect quickly. It tastes "sugary". A tip my doctor told me about. Same for Klonopin. Very effective medicine.

June 6, 2011 8:02 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Initially, I was prescribed Ativan for anxiety related to menopause. I took 0.25 mg every few days for that. Then, after a death in my immediate family, I began taking 0.25 to 0.5 mg almost every afternoon. My prescription reads "1 mg up to 3 x daily as needed". I have never needed more than 0.5 mg a day. I have not felt the need to increase beyond that dose. Ativan helps me think clearly and removes the stress that is pretty prevalent in my life at the moment. It also allows me to rest at night.

June 3, 2011 3:35 PM

Review by MCBBBs:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I started taking Ativan about 3 months ago for extreme anxiety. I couldn't sleep, eat, or get anything done. I was seeing a CBT therapist but even my therapy wasn't helping. My doctor prescribed Ativan and my dad, who is a psychologist, agreed. It's for the worst moments when I feel like I'm either going to go to the hospital or just completely go crazy. For that purpose it works very well. I feel relaxed in about a half hour and can function again. I don't take it every day or every week but I can't imagine being addicted to something if it makes you feel normal. I don't feel high or anything. I'm so glad I was prescribed this and decided to take it.

May 31, 2011 7:00 PM

Review by pippylongstockin:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was battling depression along with panic attacks. They first had me on Xanax. After a while wanted to get off that but was still having panic attacks. Not 1 since I started Ativan. Also I find it much easier to focus and get things done now.

May 26, 2011 9:36 PM

Review by dependant4:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on Ativan for probably the better part of 15 years. These last 7 years everyday. I am a recovering alcoholic (6 years and 27 days without a drink) I was self medicating and I sometimes have horrible panic attacks, and I often have high anxiety. This calms me down. I also have back problems and am in pain management, and taken with my pain medicines they kick each other in stronger.

May 18, 2011 10:23 PM

Review by dependant4:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: I use this more for anxiety but it does calm me down to be able to sleep.

May 18, 2011 10:15 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: This has helped me A LOT!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2011 1:35 AM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Ativan does not help my constant state of anxiety. I always have tight feeling in chest and jittery body movements.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2011 3:08 PM

Review by AnxAng:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I feel like Ativan saved my life! Before getting it prescribed, I was sure I was going to have a heart attack. My chest was tight on a daily basis and I found for most of the day I could barely breathe without consciously thinking about it. I don't take Ativan daily, only when I start to feel these symptoms. And within 10-15 minutes I forget that I was uncomfortable at all. No side effects, either. I would recommend it to anyone rather than a daily anti- depressant which is often prescribed for anxiety.

April 20, 2011 8:45 PM