User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 435 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Lorazepam

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I had a SEVERE panic/depression episode and was contemplating suicide (didn't tell Dr. about that part though) with uncontrollable crying "spells" and was prescribed 2mg Ativan and it was effective within just a few minutes. I calmed down and the racing thoughts, thoughts of suicide, and other feelings went on hold long enough to compose myself. I was on these for a few weeks and it saved my life. I was already on 2mg Xanax ER at the time but it didn't touch the episode I was having at the current time. However, the Xanax ER was very effective for what it was for, I just had an episode triggered by a bad event that override the power of the Xanax at the time."

zigzag333 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was in the E.R. for my usual anxiety waiting to be sent to a Mental health treatment facility. I lay there for seven hours. I tired but I could not sleep. It's like the voices around me were getting louder and louder. I eventually exploded. It took three security people and nurse stuck me in my thigh from a distance with Ativan, it was great. The Anxiety demons went away and I felt normal. I was later prescribed Ativan. I've tried many medicines in my twenty seven year battle with Depression and Social anxiety and anxiety and O.C.D. and P.D.S.D. Nothing works like Ativan."

eddiekilby (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been on lorazepam for anxiety for a few years now. I started 1mg three times a day, then increased to 2mg three times a day. After the years on it I decided to stop taking it and the other seventeen medicines I was taking. I didn't have any withdrawal per say. After a two month break from it I have started it again today due to rough times in life causing me anxiety. "

Bob1a1191 August 16, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "This medicine has given me a good few hours sleep for the past three nights. I had previously not been sleeping more than an hour or two for several weeks previous."

honeycomb (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My mother passed away and I was having a hard time dealing with it especially at night. This medicine really helps me stay calm and actually sleep again."

Shelly B (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "It does help to cure anxiety, for a while at any rate. No side effects, except sleep, but you don't wake up drowsy in the morning. Good!"

Katrina505 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2013

For Insomnia: "I started taking lorazepam 1mg. and took it a few months for insomnia. One night I tried taking half. When I woke up the next morning, I realized it worked. Now I've been on 0.5mg for about 4 months. For some people this may work. Try reducing the mgs gradually."

pfraga July 19, 2013

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been having anxiety since I was 7-8 years old! I used to take Paxil when I was about 18 years old and it helped except for the upset stomach part but then that went away (from Paxil) I was 1st prescribed lorazepam when I was I think 20, and have been taking it now for 12 years! Love it and only thing I find is I get a dry mouth every now and then but its not so horrible as some of the other ones I've taken. I'm just trying to find another medicine now that can stop the attacks."

Clyons (taken for 10 years or more) July 10, 2013

For Insomnia: "I have experienced frequent daytime crying spells since taking 1mg of lorazepam for insomnia, but I do sleep well."

teardropper (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "One of the first medications given to me to help with my social anxiety and panic attacks. Never failed me, and actually help me get past my anxiety during job interviews and applications, which normally had me throwing up and shaking before hand. I never took it often enough to get much tolerance, although with in a year, I admit, about 2 times when i had extra I took it recreationally."

Lisbeth Tree June 5, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Though I've rated this medication an 8 (when I first started taking it I would have rated it at 12!). I must caution ANY who use it to use it STRICTLY as directed by your (presumably responsible/knowledgeable psych/med doc)."

BWilmarth May 30, 2013

For Anxiety: "I have been on Lorazepam for about 2 years for severe anxiety due to job loss. I take 2mg daily and this medication really helps. Helps for sleeping at night, no side affects. Tried some other medicines in the same class, but only Lorazepam seems to do the job."

Randy126 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "While taking Ativan my memory was affected. I noticed that my short term memory was not good. I think I should be on this short term only."

Deb S. (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Great experience. Totally cured my anxiety but habit forming. Works wonders."

missnscott1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Dysautonomia: "Helps control awful nausea."

Wonderboom1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Ativan for the past 28 years! Initially it was 0.5mg 2/3 times a day for a few months. Later 0.5mg twice a day for about 2/3 years. Then once a day for 5/6 years. Since then I regularly take 0.75mg once a day in the morning during all these years. I have never exceeded the dosage and I am able to skip the tablet on many Sundays when I don't need to go out or do stressful things. I am sure I will be able to stop taking the medicine when I want but as the dosage is small I have made it a habit to pop 3/4th of 1mg pill daily before I start to office. Side effects - I am unable to distinguish as I am 61 yrs now and have formed some forgetfulness and some usual age related minor personal problems. Ativan is a great medicine!"

useless nick (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2013

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medicine is powerful. It does stop panic attacks, however it can leave you drowsy and with difficulty concentrating. It's still a tremendous help with my symptoms, but as I was a programming student in college, my ability to concentrate was still compromised. If you need quick relief from panic attacks this likely is your medication, but depending on what you do, you may want to look at SSRI's instead(though they take longer to take effect)."

Garron (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "After my losing my first child, I soon started having these feelings like I was having a heart attack, chest pains, hand cramps, and could not breath. After several trips to hospital, I was told it was a panic disorder. That was thirty two years ago. I was given Ativan to hold under my tongue, and I still use it until this day 3x 2mg daily as needed. I now have two grown sons, and two grandchildren but I do not think I could have made it without Ativan and great support group. I have no side effects just a calm, peaceful feeling."

doornail May 6, 2013

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Relaxes me, helps me sleep without any side effects! That's very rare for me, usually medicine like that makes me irritable and groggy the next day."

Tracy 1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For Anxiety: "Can be sedating, but gets the job done"

b snith April 29, 2013

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan will definitely help calm you down, but stick to the script! If you quit cold turkey you will have withdrawals for a week. You build a slight tolerance for it and want more. If you give in and take more you will run out before refill time and then come the withdrawals! But it does do its job on anxiety!"

Jasejordan April 25, 2013

For Anxiety: "I JUST took my first Lorazepam 2 days ago. I had them in my purse for 2 weeks trying to cope with my severe anxiety attacks. After leaving a 12 year abusive marriage and being diagnosed with an autoimmune Thyroid disease I have been a basket case. So thankful I finally took one. I only take 1/3rd of the 0.5 pill but it prevents the attacks. I still feel some anxiety so maybe I will try 1/2 a pill. I am just paranoid about pills. So thankful for these...would not be coping without them!"

CrazyLadyGA April 23, 2013

For Panic Disorder: "After not sleeping for three days went cold turkey from Ambien. Dont do this...and after watching the movie Munich, I had a full on Panic Attack. At first I thought I was having a stroke then a heart attack. I felt my life force living my body then I got really scared of dying. I had a distinct taste of metal in my mouth and slight pain in my upper torso with trouble catching my breath. Then I really thought I was having a heart attack. I called 911..they showed up an hour later. My blood and EKG tested fine. No drugs or booze. I used to think panic attacks were all in the head and a joke...I learned my lesson. I take 0.5x2 a day. It helps."

20122013 April 6, 2013

For Panic Disorder: "Be taking lorazepan for the last 15 years with no side effects. I take a 0.5mg, 2 times a day as needed. In all these years never took more than prescribed by the doctors."

HOSDAC April 1, 2013

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This works well and fast. The biggest problems are that the medicine doesn't last for a long amount of time, and if taken too much the effectiveness will decrease. However, for moderate to severe panic suffers I recommend this highly."

KAB88 March 28, 2013