User Reviews for Lorazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

Cervical Dystonia 4 reviews 6 medications

7.5
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 482 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Anxiety: "It makes me sleepy. I like to be alert."

Ms G. June 15, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have panic disorder and generalized anxiety. I take 1 to 2 mg sublingually when fighting anxiety or at the onset of a panic attack. I took one at the onset of an attack this morning, and within 5 minutes I could breathe again, my hands returned to normal temperature, and I was able to focus on getting the kids ready for school. I'm glad that 1mg is strong enough to prevent an attack, and that it doesn't dope me up - just calms me down and eases the physical issues."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "One day, while I was waiting for the train to take me home from gym, I started to feel my upper torso muscles progressively stiff. A few seconds after the train closed its doors, it became much more intense and I started to panic. My heart started to beat very fast for short periods of time and I could not breath properly. Also, my arms and face felt funny, I really thought I was going to have a heart attack and die in there. Thankfully, I made it home and I went to the city hospital in the afternoon. I had my heart checked with very positive results, and my doctor prescribed me these 1 mg pills. They've helped me abort a few panic attacks in the last weeks even taking half a pill, with no noticeable side effects"

Joe Panicky Bloggs (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Amazing it works so well."

Slimmmz June 11, 2014

For Anxiety: " Had a sort of nervous breakdown during a trip. Could not catch my breath and could not sleep for 4 days. Horrible feeling of anxiety. Dreaded the night. Started 1mg Ativan at night only. Was a God-send. Worked like a charm and gave me my life back. I went to therapy and continued the nightly 1 mg for 3 months. Became dependent as everyone does. I then "pill chopped" my way off from 1mg to less than 1/2 mg over the next 3 months. After 6 months I was off completely. Feel good and glad to be pill free for 5 weeks now. Properly used - this medicine can be a lifesaver. I still have them for peace of mind but find now I can live without it."

SinatraFan June 4, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I had my first panic attack last week. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack and dying. My heart was fine, and I was told it was panic attack. I had never had this before. At the ER, the doctor gave me Lorazepam. It seems to keep me calm. I read that once you have these attacks, you are more prone to them. I sure hope they don't happen often! Scary situation it was."

boomer68 June 4, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks that happen unexpectedly. I am also taking an SSRI with the Ativan but the Ativan is on an as needed basis and has helped tremendously the tightness in my chest is relieved and the irregular heartbeat slows down, anxiety and panic is a very scary thing to experience and Ativan has helped me get through those tough times, would absolutely recommend it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2014

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have really bad flight anxiety but wanted to travel to a family reunion so my Dr. prescribed Lorazepam. I only took 1/2 of a 1mg pill an hour before my flight and I was completely calm for the entire 4 hr flight. I thought it might make me sleepy but I was awake and alert and talked with my family member the entire flight. It was a life saver."

Delia Marie (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Lorazepam is the only one of the many medicines I've been given with my chemo that stops my stomach from feeling like someone is at it with a blow torch. I take it every night to help me sleep---1mg once or twice a day. I really need it the first 2 weeks after chemo."

Marie Theresa May 27, 2014

For Anxiety: "I just barely started having anxiety attacks, and I am 18. Almost 19. I went to the insta care and they gave me this prescription, at first I took a half of one it made me feel way weird, but I have been taking lower then a half. It's been Calming me down, been really tired though.. And been vomiting and going to the bathroom a lot. I don't know if that's good or not. It's harder for me to sleep at night."

MnAMccarty (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2014

For Anxiety: "Got it for flight phobia and even I hate medication but this is the best ever. I am so calm before and during the flight and all I take is a quarter. I even looked out of the window and found it pretty. Without this medication I would never do it."

ktowngirl May 19, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Loved it, love it still but no longer allowed prescriptions due to strength & dependency issues. Was taken as needed to treat anxiety and worked relatively quickly, generally would feel better within ten minutes. Took one almost everyday for 8 wks before going on antidepressants and then had to taper off them. Have kept a small amount on me for extremely bad days though."

Soundchain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2014

For Anxiety: "On medication for 20 years. Stopped abruptly. Proud I stopped but didn't know I needed to taper. Have been very fuzzy in my head since stopping approx 3 weeks ago. Dizzy, short tempered, noise sensitive. Good medication but people need education on discontinuing medication."

bodhibelle May 14, 2014

For Anxiety: "Lorazepam has saved me from anxiety many times. I personally believe this medicine is best used when needed rather than every day. When I take 0.5mg, I feel relaxed and my mind is clear, all my worries seem minuscule. It seems to slow down my cycle of constant worry. It does take about 45 minutes to really kick in, and peaks about 2 hours after taking it. The effects last 4-5 hours. If I take 1mg, the amount it lasts stays roughly the same, it's just a stronger feeling and does make me very tired. Taking it when needed is a life saver. However, I have taken 0.5mg every day for a week once and when I stopped, I felt a slight increase in anxiety and other symptoms such as insomnia and diarrhea that lasted 1-2 days. GREAT when anxiety is unbearable."

Sunshinesmb May 9, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Best anti-anxiety medicine."

Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ended years of misery, acid reflux, etc."

Phone cord April 19, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "My experience with Ativan (lorazepam) has been one I've come to love and set the bar high when it comes to sleep. I developed insomnia as a result of having to take opioid medication for my CRPS/RSD in addition of the fact that I'm slowly recovering from the death of my best friend who passed in 2010. I have been on every insomnia medicine there is. My current regimen of the normal opiate and muscle relaxants, one to 1.5 grams of Keppra, 555mg valerian root, 10mg of melatonin, 25mg of amitriptyline, and adding up to 4mg of Ativan, depending on the next day's tasks. Works like a charm every night. "

RickyRX (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2014

For Anxiety: "I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder and depression. It has worked wonders when I start to suffer. I take 1 mg in the morning and I feel like my old self again. However, I'm starting to wonder if it is causing some of my depression. Once the medicine wears off my mood crashes. I get very emotional, anxiety creeps up, agitated, and very depressed. I pop another one and my mood stabilizes. Another thing, it is very habit forming so don't stop taking it abruptly. Consult your doctor first for a plan."

ocd/anxiety girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2014

For Anxiety: "At first I hated it. Whenever I took it I calmed down from whatever anxiety attack I was having but it left me feeling like a zombie for the rest of the day. However, I started splitting up the pills (.5mg) into 1/8's and if I felt anxious I would take an 1/8th every so often until it calmed down and that seemed to help with the zombie feeling I got."

Mmk2017 March 19, 2014

Lorazepam Intensol (lorazepam) for Sedation: "Very calming to my anxiety"

Alk3whit March 13, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I am claustrophobic and required an MRI. The one tablet I took prescribed by my dr. Helped me get through this 1 hr 45 min process. I am grateful."

ANNMARIE F. March 11, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and take this nightly to sleep. This medication works wonderfully for relieving the physical symptoms of GAD which is what it was intended for. Yes this is addictive and has side effects that can affect memory however I don't think I could live without this medication. Anti-Depressants don't touch my anxiety where as this does."

Flykate1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had bad anxiety and would go 48 hours without sleeping so I was prescribed this to calm me down and help me slee, which it did worked great. I used it for 3 months till I got on Zoloft I would take 1mg pill 1 hour before bed. What a lifesaver."

600 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has made a tremendous difference in my life as my anxiety was out of control and panic attacks were frequent. I don't find that it makes me tired and I like how the effects are quickly felt. I used to take 1 mg but now only take 0.5mg once a day; twice if I need it. I can skip days the odd time if I am at home and things are peaceful. I was put on Valium and couldn't handle that at all - Ativan was a lifesaver for me!"

1975LRT February 21, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took Klonopin in the past and recently was put on Vistral which did next to nothing. I asked my Doc for Ativan and was prescribed 1.5 mg 3X per day and WOW! I slept like a baby last night (just started this medicine yesterday) and feel completely stress free! I rated it 8 as it does start to wear off a tiny bit about the 4-6 hour mark. VERY impressed though and no "hangover" feeling the next morning. Thanks for reading."

thatjames7 February 12, 2014