User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 53 medications

7.6
ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 379 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Lorazepam

For Insomnia: "For when my mind won't shut off at night, no matter how tired I am, I have my lorazepam. I cut them in half so they last me longer. I tend to take them after 2-3 days of not sleeping and they work great. You don't feel anything, no sleepiness, grogginess, or tiredness. Just take it an hour before bedtime and you can continue to watch TV or do whatever, knowing that half an hour after you hit the pillow you'll be bored into sleep."

Henry_4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Effective but will make you drowsy in the beginning. You have to get used to it.Only used during short periods of time when anxiety seemed to be an issue in my life. Dr told me it doesn't work as well the longer you are on it."

LillianEster (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed the 0.5mg tabs for anxiety and panic attacks. I have only been taking them for a few days now but they definitely do calm me down. The only side effects I get are a little sleepiness and a slight headache. I don't think the 0.5mg tab would be enough for a full on panic attack, I think I would need to take 3 or 4 of them. My only problem with these pills is that sometimes it takes 2 or 3 hours for it to fully kick in."

grimreaper (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Excellent experience with Ativan. Have used it for flight anxiety and flew with a smile on my face. Also used it for general panic disorder. Right when I feel a panic attack coming on I take 0.5mg- very small amount. It kills the panic attack in 15-20 minutes and I feel incredibly relaxed for hours. Only side effect was slight drowsiness but it was not bad at all- even useful if I was trying to go to bed. Highly recommend."

bhamlaxy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2012

For Insomnia: "Great medicine to help you sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 22, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have Menieres Disease and taking Ativan helps settle my balance down so I can go to work and function."

geo. May 14, 2012

For Anxiety: "I take Lorazepam 1mg for social anxiety and Cerebral Palsy. It works really good for me. It really helps muscle spasm I have. It has really helped me a lot!"

vermaelen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "After serveral failed attemps of using SSRI's to help with my panic attacks, my Dr perscribed me 0.5mg of Ativan to use when needed to "break the cycle" of panic. Along with everyone else, I'm telling you to use with caution if you are taking Ativan, because it is very addicting. I'm 21 yr old female who has suffered from panic attacks since I was 15. Ativan is a great safety net when needed, no side effects except some small cloudiness. Use with caution and be knowledgeable. Learn what panic is, what sets you off, and how to use coping mechanisms before using medication. And always do research on what medications you are being prescribed and be the judge if this medicine, in the long term, will benefit you. Knowledge is the key to beating panic."

Anonymous May 2, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had horrible traumas happen when I was younger that still haunt me. I wake up shaking and can't sleep on my own. I've been on Seroquel, Buspar, and Vistaril. None helped. My doctor finally prescribed Ativan and it has worked wonders! I feel great, don't wake up shaking, can actually sleep, and feel calm. Love it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I've suffered from anxiety disorder for years and have tried several different medications like Xanax and Klonopin but they made me too drowsy. Ativan works well and has very little sedating effect."

Anonymous April 17, 2012

For Anxiety: "My psychiatrist has prescribed this medicine for my acute anxiety for years. Rarely did I ever need it while I was on Paxil. About 3 months after I had weaned myself of Paxil I started having anxiety attacks again, and rather than get back on it I resorted to taking 1mg lorazepam as needed for about a month. I got back on Paxil and found discontinuing lorazepam to be moderately difficult. I had some major sleep disturbances, along with elevated anxiety and paranoia. It took me about 3 days at 0.25mg for these to go away. I recommend this medicine as a supplement to an antidepressant, but not as a stand-alone remedy. "

allstressedout March 27, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This is amazing! It helps so many things. But the 3 main ones are nausea, insomnia and panic disorder. I also have fibromyalgia. I do try to keep the dosage as low as I can. I am prescribed a 1 mg pill 4 times a day. I take 2 of those at bedtime with a muscle relaxer and I sleep all the way through the night. I try to keep it to only 3 pills a day. I also take 60 mg of Cymbalta a day. Combined with the Ativan it keeps me and my husband sane. I also do yoga 2 to 3 times a week and walk. Exercise is a must with fibromyalgia."

Anonymous March 18, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Lorazepam is the only thing that touches my nausea after having chemotherapy and for break-through nausea from the chemo. I was not aware that this was a medicine used for nausea until my Dr. prescribed them for me and told me to dissolve them under my tongue for the nausea. It almost always helps immediately and doesn't make me too drowsy to function. I just use 1mg. dosage and only when needed for the nausea and that is improving so I am very thankful."

Anonymous March 17, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "It works well for my anxiety, but tends to last longer than I need it to. Also I get an odd effect when taken with my Ritalin. It causes me to remain focused but on many random tasks so its some times counter productive at work."

dan131 March 16, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced: "This medicine makes me feel, for lack of a better description "wavey" although it makes me sleepy and off balanced it does do well with decreasing nausea, although occasionally I still do get the urge to vomit but it's easily controllable."

Elyk bass March 16, 2012

For Anxiety: "I have had really bad anxiety and panic attacks because I'm a bad hypochondriac and am very afraid of vomiting. So I was prescribed it and I have 1/2 a pill whenever I need it, and it takes it away and I enjoy the rest of my day instead of freaking out. I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS."

Jakedanger59 March 4, 2012

For Insomnia: "I am a 75 year old male who has been diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. I have been taking 1mg of Lorazepam at bedtime for 7 yrs now and I am able to sleep."

LouPD February 27, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I take 0.5 and my doctor told me to cut the pill in half because I have a new born baby and take a whole one at night to help me sleep. The halves have been working great it relaxes me to the point if I want to go to sleep I can. I have generalized anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. I'm always worrying about me dying or my health or thinking something is wrong with me or death is coming. My mind would race bad. I also take Prozac thats a good pill. I also feel lightheaded feeling of passing out but when I take Ativan it stops me from thinking about the things that make me anxious. "

ra ra February 15, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: "This didn't help my insomnia at all. If anything, it makes my mind think even more. I have even more trouble sleeping than when I was on Elavil 25mg or Zopiclone 7.5mg. It's frustrating since I'm only 20 years old and I've been suffering from insomnia for 2 and a half years now."

Anonymous January 19, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan 0.5mg calms me down considerably within 30 minutes, but the side effects are so bad that I can't continue to take it. I experienced EXTREME, loss of energy, tiredness, laziness, apathy, and increase in appetite. This might be okay for someone who's at home trying to recover from panic attacks, but not for me. I work 5 days a week and this past week that I was only taking 1 x 0.5mg pill a day was the absolute worst week I've ever had at work, living in a fog and totally wiped out of energy. I hardly got ANYTHING done which is totally out of character for me. Also when this medicine wears off in a few hours it makes me very irritable and nervous. "

creater7 January 12, 2012

For Insomnia: "Lorazepam was an answer to my severe insomnia prayer. I've been taking it for a couple of years now and only had to stop when I was pregnant. It really works for insomnia. I take it about 45 minutes before bed and fall asleep and stay asleep. I do not feel groggy in the morning or sleepy during the day. Nothing else has worked for me. I have no side effects from it, that I know of. Talk to your doctor about it if your insomnia hasn't been helped by other medicines/therapies and you need relief."

ktracy26 January 11, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan always helps calm me down 0.5 mg dose, but when it wears off it makes me a little extra nervous but all in all a very effective medicine. Side effect is drowsiness and laziness haha. But I function so much better when my mind doesn't have the anxiety."

Lance 89 January 8, 2012

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for 19 years. It started with "status panicus" (continual panic), which was treated by a year of imipramine. When that was tapered off, I switched to concentrated EPA Omega-3 oil, which has controlled the panic for 18 years. But, it sometimes breaks through, especially when I am building up antibodies to an infection. That is when Tofranil (lorazepam) comes to my rescue. A 0.5 mg dose will quell the aura/breakthrough symptoms. A similar dose at bedtime will get me the crucial night of sound sleep that I need to get the disorder back into its cage. Sometimes one good night is all I need to get back on track - a life saver."

cloudokumo December 27, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Ativan about 4 months ago and I found it was very effective. It saved my life. I suffered really badly with depression, anxiety and panic attacks. This tablet stops the thoughts racing through my mind and calms me down straight away."

lauracrew December 20, 2011

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: "Ativan has been a life saver on several occasions in treating my ongoing anxiety; however, I hate that it's so 'short lived'. I take it only when I need it but have noticed that the more I need it, the stronger dose I need as well. I started out by breaking my 1mg tabs in half, now I find myself taking 1-2mg at a time in order to feel any relief from the anxiety."

ilovemydog December 11, 2011