User Reviews for Lorazepam

Also known as: Ativan, Lorazepam Intensol

Learn more about Lorazepam.

Dysautonomia 1 reviews 54 medications

ICU Agitation 1 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 292 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lorazepam

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I been on Ativan for 3 years now. It totally cures my panic attacks! I don't leave home without it. My doctor just switched me to Klonopin and I'm scared it won't work as well. I have not tried it yet.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 14, 2010 2:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I've been on Ativan for almost a month and at times I feel like my anxiety has diminished and other times it sticks around. Initially it worked great, however I had to increase my dose so now I'm not certain if I will be able to continue taking this medicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2010 7:32 PM
Review by Optional: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I had panic attacks for years. I started using Celexa at 10mg per day and the panic attacks stopped. I still get nervous when I am in situations where there is focused attention on me (social phobia). That is where the Ativan plays it's role. Before a social situation, I take a 5mg Ativan. It is fast acting and wears off quickly. It allows me to relax into a situation and become comfortable with the new environment. I only take it a few times a month, so there is no danger of becoming addicted. Just knowing I have one pill with me helps me face situations better. It's a 'crutch', I know. But, when dealing with anxiety, we all know that we do what ever we can to cope!

June 2, 2010 9:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I have been on Ativan 0.5mg up to 3 times a day for 8 days now. It has reduced my major anxiety to a minimum and I feel I will be on this medicine for good. I'm okay with that as I had to learn the hard way that I need medication to battle my illness. I've been on several antidepressants and this medicine has helped me as much as any that I took in the past. My concern now is, is the Prozac/Zyprexa cocktail working for me or is it all the Ativan that is doing the job. Will talk with my psychiatrist later today and find out what our next plan is.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 21, 2010 11:46 AM
Review by Webelikeohhhhohhh: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I was prescribed this today and took it tonight as a "trial" run as the doctor advised. For years but especially after my second psychiatric hospitalization I started having panic attacks. First I was prescribed Vistaril which did nothing. So far the generic lorazepam I'm taking has worked well. I'm not anxious at all, though slightly drowsy.

May 20, 2010 11:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I received a shot last week of this at the hospital. It was great at first and was working great for my severe panic attacks, then about 45 minutes later, I started seeing Mickey mouse bumper boats and pink pigs standing in cake. The hospital didn't do anything for me and this is considered a severe side effect. They sent me home and then I slept for 36 hours and had a Migraine for 2 days after. I image it works for others but not me, way to many side effects, when I have 2 kids I have to take care of.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 18, 2010 9:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lorazepam for Sedation: I have (had) a severe needle phobia. I got really sick and was often given high doses of Ativan while in the hospital, that exposure to needles did help a little bit. Now I need to get my blood tested often. I used to take three or four 0.5mg pills before getting my blood taken and with family member support was able to have blood taken with little drama. I would usually fall asleep for several hours after. I have been able to work my way down to one 0.5mg pill when I get blood taken and after a half hour nap I am fine. I would not take this day to day for anxiety because of the drowsiness, I also don't feel it is necessary for me. Ativan has been wonderful helping me get over my phobia.

May 7, 2010 2:31 PM
Review by OLIVI: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I am a 79 year old woman. I was prescribed 1MG of Ativan years ago for sleep as I am a naturally anxious person...worrier etc. Last November I went through a traumatizing surgery on my back and came up with GAD. I was put on Cymbalta, which made me very sick. I was left with this jittery, crying daily problem and I finally asked if I could break up a 1MG Ativan pill and take some of it when I felt these awful jitters coming on. He agreed it was O.K. I resisted it for a week or two after reading some of the posts but I now think I am old and I need to stop being anxiety ridden. My family deserves for me to be normal. If taking Ativan accomplishes this. O.K.

May 6, 2010 9:52 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was on Ativan for Generalized Anxiety Disorder with Panic Disorder. It worked okay, however once I started seeing a specialist, I changed to Klonopin. I find that Klonopin is much more consistent, meaning I don't feel it kick in and wear off like I did the Ativan, this apparently is due to its longer half-life. I did find out the hard way, that these are abused by some people, so don't leave them accessible in any way. I had mine stolen once, bad experience!

April 25, 2010 5:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I couldn't think straight, get a full breath, became very disorientated and nothing made sense. For a long time I thought I was going crazy! I started the drug and only had to use 1mg once a month due to an attack. After a bad break up and change in life I experienced anxiety everyday and the only thing that will stop that is this pill. It works great but don't like how I have to take once a day now. I believe once I get to a better place in my life I will need less doses. I will not go anywhere without my bottle. I am trying to get off this pill now and trying it with the Lexapro.

April 7, 2010 3:53 PM
Review by asdfpsy: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I just recently discovered I had really bad GAD. More bad than I thought. I always knew I had it and a few bars of Xanax always worked wonders in those harsh times. But unfortunately I can no longer get Xanax so decided to just finally go to Doctor. My doctor put me first on Paxil which works....just not good enough for me. Then he prescribed me 0.5mg Ativan every 8 hours. This is a great medicine for Anxiety. It's working great for me, just like the Xanax was. I'm content with these medicine.

April 1, 2010 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I started having anxiety attacks after divorce and bankruptcy/foreclosure loss of business and having to take jobs I really wasn't suited for. I went to see a therapist and was prescribed Lorazepam 0.5mg twice a day. That helped a little bit but within the first month I was taking 1mg 3 times a day to control it. Now, over a year later I take up to 5, 1mg tabs a day and some days don't need any. It has been a life saver and it even helped with chronic muscle spasms I have in my back.

March 26, 2010 12:48 PM
Review by blottobox: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: If Xanax is not available, then Ativan is my second choice. I have Chronic anxiety and Panic attacks associated with PTSD.

March 20, 2010 1:07 AM
Review by johnnycinco: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: I was a major addict (meaning like 5 blunts a day), and was having trouble quitting. Every time I would stop smoking I would have major anxiety attacks. I would get super angry over small things, snap quickly, yell at my girlfriend, and crave smoking like crazy because I knew the anxiety came from not smoking. As soon as I started smoking again I would feel fine. So I quit again, but this time I started an Ativan regimen and am now smoke free. The side effects of feeling tired or a little lazy, doesn't compare to the side effects of smoking, being a bum and having no motivation. I wonder if this would work for cigarette smokers?

March 1, 2010 10:16 PM
Review by lorina: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: Ativan is a great medication..It doesn't have any side effects..It really works!

January 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: Very good

January 24, 2010 2:41 PM

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: Very good

January 24, 2010 7:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: It seems to calm me but I am also an avid yoga participant so not always sure which is helping more.

January 19, 2010 1:55 PM
Review by dudeman55: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: This drug works very well for anxiety, and I find it works better than Klonopin without causing the unbearable drowsiness from Xanax. I would give it a 10 because of how much it helped me control some irrational thinking and anger problems, along with frequent panic attacks. Yes, I am physically addicted to this drug but it has made a great difference in my life for the better.

January 10, 2010 7:28 AM
Review by sabsteak: User Rating:

lorazepam for Light Anesthesia: My dentist doesn't use sedation so he prescribed 2mg lorazepam the night before, 1 in the morning and 1 an hour before my tooth extractions!! It worked wonders. I'm terrified of dentists by the way. I also was prescribed this same dosing for a closed machine MRI, it was very effective. I also use 1 mg for anxiety (panic attacks). It is a bit less effective - I'd give it a 7 out of 10 for that use.

January 1, 2010 2:45 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: With proper dosing, i.e.,enough mgs, Ativan works very well in controlling my irritability and anxiety. The only temporary, mild side-effects that occurred were a slight lack of motivation, slight feelings of disorientation, which these dissipated quickly.

December 24, 2009 10:58 AM
Review by bugmann0218: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I have been using Ativan for over 1 year and I am extremely pleased with its actions. I have been a chronic back pain sufferer for over a decade. My pain, medications, and change of lifestyle cause much anxiety, and my quality of life has greatly been improved since beginning use of Ativan. I was started on 1 mg 3X a day (when required) and still find it effective, at same dosage, but have noticed I don't get as tired after taking a dose as I once did, which is a good thing.

December 23, 2009 3:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

lorazepam for Anxiety: I've been taking Bupropion for depression about 5 years and my doctor added Lorazapam about 6 months ago for anxiety. I take 1 mg usually once a day although sometimes the day may call for a second dose. I try to wait until late in the day to take it, since I also take Rozerum for sleeplessness. Lorazapam usually works in about 20 minutes to calm things down but probably half the time I may not realize any change. Rozerum alone at bedtime gives me 3-4 hours sleep but by taking Lorazapam a few hours sooner I get 5-6 hours sleep. No noticeable side effects.

December 13, 2009 8:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: Ativan was prescribed to me for severe anxiety. I took 2mg one to two times daily. I took the medication for two months. I however, DID NOT follow the advise of my doctor and quit cold turkey. It was five days of hell for me. I did not sleep AT ALL, I had panic attacks, trouble breathing, and severe sweating for two more weeks when I did start sleeping again. The medication was very helpful but when I quit the side effects were just about unbearable. My advice is use this medication with caution and follow doctor instructions to the latter.

December 5, 2009 11:04 PM
Review by jroxx: User Rating:

Ativan (lorazepam) for Insomnia: I have taken just about every drug known to man and found that Ativan works best. Calms me right down and actually lets me sleep ALL NIGHT !

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2009 10:58 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here