User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, AllerClear D-24 Hour, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour, Allergy Relief D12, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Loratadine-D 24 Hour

Learn more about Loratadine/pseudoephedrine.

Nasal Congestion 25 reviews 529 medications

7.7
Allergic Rhinitis 10 reviews 810 medications

6.2
Summary of Loratadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 35 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Definitely cleared up my nasal congestion but totally not worth it due to the side effects. I took it around 9 this morning. It is now past midnight and I'm still feeling it. All day I have been jittery, anxious, irritable, and had terrible dry mouth. I'm exhausted right now but I can't sleep. Wish I read these reviews before taking!!!"

Livsmum (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Claritin D 24 hour works well for sinus issues. However the side effects that I experienced supercedes the effectiveness of the drug; decreased urinary stream, cloudy urine, straining to push out urine from bladder, Insomnia, headache, increased heart rate. All symptoms lasted approx 24 hours. Inconvenient to purchase, have to show drivers license as I found out its the main ingredient is used to make crystal meth."

Mrole45 (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2016

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I started this medication 5 days ago due to post nasal drip, phlegm coughs, runny nose... My doctor told me to take 24 hour. As far as side effects: I experienced slight insomnia...a little longer to fall asleep, my head is not quite clear, I feel a little foggy, when I need to concentrate and a little fatigue. No major side effects. The medication has helped but has not completely "cured" me. So overall, it's worked but it's not a miracle."

CindyD123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Clears up allergies like a charm but side effects are no joke. Jittery, trouble sleeping, massive anxiety, I couldn't sit still went on a cleaning binge for hours on end though lol. Woke up next day drained still feeling some side effects. Scary drug."

J1p2o3 November 28, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Have terrible post nasal drip. Claritan is the only thing that works. No generics as good. Do find that the med works half the time it says it does;12 hr works for 6, 24 ? About 8. I take 12 hr twice a day in spring and fall. Deal with the hrs it's not working. Doesn't interfere with my sleep."

Tennismom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2015

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Benadryl is WAYYYYY better. Claritin does almost nothing for my allergies. Would strongly suggest not wasting your money on this product"

danny9492 September 4, 2015

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Sneezing, itchy eyes and runny nose, terrible allergy attack. Normally I take benadryl or one with dyphenhydramine in it but I didn't want to be tired all day so I took Claritin-D 12 hour. BIG MISTAKE! It took 5 hours before it even started easing my allergy symptoms and it still hasn't completely gotten rid of them but I am stuck not being able to take anything else for another 6 1/2 hours. I would never recommend this!"

Kat4 August 31, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I literally have tried every home remedy and allergy medicine out there. Until I tried Walgreens generic claritin-d for nasal congestion and allergies, way cheaper and you get the same results. I had nasal congestion, fever/ headaches, itchy throat, and earaches. After one dose I felt like a new person. I truly recommend this product to anyone suffering from the same symptoms I had... :-)"

AAAXOX3 July 27, 2015

Loratadine-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have a deviated septum and tried everything. .but I have found that generic claritan non drowsy formula with just nasal saline has done the trick for post nasal drip. Works great..pharmacist recommended for me."

zazzycat67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Very effective at eliminating allergies, but will keep you awake all night long. I took the 24 hour one in the early morning 7:30 am and laid in bed for 5 hours before I could fall asleep."

Anonymous April 19, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I find opening this medication very difficult. I have to use scissors to open every time. Allegra is in a bottle and easy to use."

Anonymous April 13, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Have had lifelong issues if Allergies and Sinus Congestion/Infections. This is the first thing that has worked. Only use the 12 hr formula taken early in the morning. 24 hr didn't allow me to sleep well. Noticed a higher heart rate/jittery feelings for abt the first two weeks, then my body got use to it. This med has improved my health and allowed me to stop taking multiple meds that could not provide the relief that taking one Claritin D has."

Thistleandabug February 28, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Works for congestion & allergy symptoms but gave me terrible insomnia and jitters. "

Reznik November 13, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This product worked well for my post nasal drip. But I felt extreme pressure in my sinuses, especially in my ears. I had terrible dry mouth which created a horrible sore throat. Not to mention I took it at night and I got terrible insomnia. I felt jittery and just absolutely horrible. I wish I read these reviews before taking it! No more Claritin D for me. Stick with the regular Claritin."

Adunne (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I use Claritin D for my seasonal allergies. I started again this May, after taking it for a week I have noticed my heartbeats faster than normal (100's now from 60's) and my blood pressure went up from 110's systolic and 70's diastolic to 140's/90's with headaches. So, I was thinking what's going on with me, I started salad and no salt diet for a week now (lost 5 pounds and feels good), increased my cardio to 45-60mins 4 times a week, cut sodium intake but my Blood Pressure stays high. I started reading about Claritin D and BOOM. This is what is causing my blood pressure to rise up! Today, I stopped using it. Sticking to the plain Zyrtec."

Kickz May 23, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "On its effectiveness, I rate it a 10, because it will completely eradicate all your allergy symptoms. However, the undesirable side effects lower the rating to a 3. It will keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. It also made me jittery and nervous, as if I'd drank a dozen cups of coffee. "

Jeff E September 29, 2013

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Claritin D did help my nasal congestion, but the side effects I experienced just weren't worth it. It made me nervous, jittery, and with extreme insomnia. I did notice that my nasal congestion improved, but I can't tolerate the side effects."

jtbiglin May 23, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: "My 13-yr old has seasonal allergies (Spring) which, of course, vary each year. This year is worse - more congestion, coughing and itchy throat. Normally Claritin does the trick but tried Claritin-D 24 hr. Helped with the additional symptoms but on the second day my child had trouble sleeping, complained that heart beat was faster, was anxious. After reading other reviews of loratadine/pseudoephedrine realized these are indeed side effects and will have go back to regular Claritin (without the pseudoephedrine)."

CM's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2013

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been taking this for my allergies for a few years now and LOVE IT. The single daily dosage is great - I have NO "downtime" between doses. However every year the supply runs out."

jmgWI December 30, 2012

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Great for treating allergy symptoms & nasal congestion that other medication did not helped. However had adverse reaction to the medication after a few days of taking it and was told to stop by my doctor; now back to having to suffer with allergies again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2012

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have a bad spring allergies which last me about 2months. I was sick and tired of blowing my nose millions times a day and couldn't breath through the nose. My classmate suggested that I take Claritin-D 24 hours. This pill works great but there is huge side effect which I hate it. Pros - cleared my nasal passage, stop sneezing, stop itchy eyes, stop running nose. Cons - Dry mouth, weak, Insomnia, dizzy, feeling high, and pain on my thigh and leg. But, otherwise this works great, such a life saver."

Anonymous April 28, 2012

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "During the winter I have a lot of trouble breathing because of the dry heaters. Blowing my nose is often not an option. Claritin D clears up the passages and allows me to breathe freely. I feel more alert and experience no side effects. I use the 12-hour pills no more than once a day."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "When I have a cold that blocks sinuses, ears, and chest - this is what I take. "

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "As an industrial insulation specialist I have spent the last 6 years of my life suffering from chronic sinusitis, constant fatigue, pressure in sinuses and behind my eyes, ear infections, sinus infections, colds in all seasons. After extensive doctor visits and lots and lots of medical bills I finally ran into an amazing doctor in the E.R. My sinuses had taken me on a turn for the worst, constant blurry vision, headaches, sinus pressure and pain, pain in ears, dry throat, disorientation, pain at the base of my skull, and constant fatigue. This doctor turned me on to Claritin D. I have felt like a brand new person ever since. I am loving life again, and living to the fullest. Thank you so much for changing my life Claritin D."

Anonymous November 13, 2011

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This medication helped with my congestion however it makes me anxious, gives me a rapid heart beat and insomnia. "

Anonymous September 20, 2011