User Reviews for Loratadine / pseudoephedrine

Also known as: Alavert D-12 Hour Allergy and Sinus, AllerClear D-24 Hour, Allergy & Congestion Relief, Allergy Relief D 24 Hour, Allergy Relief D12, Claritin-D, Claritin-D 12 Hour, Claritin-D 24 Hour, Clear-Atadine-D, Leader Allergy Relief D-24, Loratadine-D 24 Hour

Learn more about Loratadine/pseudoephedrine.

Nasal Congestion 20 reviews 522 medications

8.2
Hay Fever 8 reviews 795 medications

6.6
Summary of Loratadine/pseudoephedrine reviews 28 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Loratadine/pseudoephedrine

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I literally have tried every home remedy and allergy medicine out there. Until I tried Walgreens generic claritin-d for nasal congestion and allergies, way cheaper and you get the same results. I had nasal congestion, fever/ headaches, itchy throat, and earaches. After one dose I felt like a new person. I truly recommend this product to anyone suffering from the same symptoms I had... :-)"

AAAXOX3 July 27, 2015

Loratadine-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have a deviated septum and tried everything. .but I have found that generic claritan non drowsy formula with just nasal saline has done the trick for post nasal drip. Works great..pharmacist recommended for me."

zazzycat67 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "Very effective at eliminating allergies, but will keep you awake all night long. I took the 24 hour one in the early morning 7:30 am and laid in bed for 5 hours before I could fall asleep."

Anonymous April 19, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I find opening this medication very difficult. I have to use scissors to open every time. Allegra is in a bottle and easy to use."

Anonymous April 13, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Have had lifelong issues if Allergies and Sinus Congestion/Infections. This is the first thing that has worked. Only use the 12 hr formula taken early in the morning. 24 hr didn't allow me to sleep well. Noticed a higher heart rate/jittery feelings for abt the first two weeks, then my body got use to it. This med has improved my health and allowed me to stop taking multiple meds that could not provide the relief that taking one Claritin D has."

Thistleandabug February 28, 2015

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Works for congestion & allergy symptoms but gave me terrible insomnia and jitters. "

Reznik November 13, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This product worked well for my post nasal drip. But I felt extreme pressure in my sinuses, especially in my ears. I had terrible dry mouth which created a horrible sore throat. Not to mention I took it at night and I got terrible insomnia. I felt jittery and just absolutely horrible. I wish I read these reviews before taking it! No more Claritin D for me. Stick with the regular Claritin."

Adunne (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I use Claritin D for my seasonal allergies. I started again this May, after taking it for a week I have noticed my heartbeats faster than normal (100's now from 60's) and my blood pressure went up from 110's systolic and 70's diastolic to 140's/90's with headaches. So, I was thinking what's going on with me, I started salad and no salt diet for a week now (lost 5 pounds and feels good), increased my cardio to 45-60mins 4 times a week, cut sodium intake but my Blood Pressure stays high. I started reading about Claritin D and BOOM. This is what is causing my blood pressure to rise up! Today, I stopped using it. Sticking to the plain Zyrtec."

Kickz May 23, 2014

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "On its effectiveness, I rate it a 10, because it will completely eradicate all your allergy symptoms. However, the undesirable side effects lower the rating to a 3. It will keep you up ALL NIGHT LONG. It also made me jittery and nervous, as if I'd drank a dozen cups of coffee. "

Jeff E September 29, 2013

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Claritin D did help my nasal congestion, but the side effects I experienced just weren't worth it. It made me nervous, jittery, and with extreme insomnia. I did notice that my nasal congestion improved, but I can't tolerate the side effects."

jtbiglin May 23, 2013

For Hay Fever: "My 13-yr old has seasonal allergies (Spring) which, of course, vary each year. This year is worse - more congestion, coughing and itchy throat. Normally Claritin does the trick but tried Claritin-D 24 hr. Helped with the additional symptoms but on the second day my child had trouble sleeping, complained that heart beat was faster, was anxious. After reading other reviews of loratadine/pseudoephedrine realized these are indeed side effects and will have go back to regular Claritin (without the pseudoephedrine)."

CM's Mom (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2013

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "I have been taking this for my allergies for a few years now and LOVE IT. The single daily dosage is great - I have NO "downtime" between doses. However every year the supply runs out."

jmgWI December 30, 2012

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Great for treating allergy symptoms & nasal congestion that other medication did not helped. However had adverse reaction to the medication after a few days of taking it and was told to stop by my doctor; now back to having to suffer with allergies again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2012

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have a bad spring allergies which last me about 2months. I was sick and tired of blowing my nose millions times a day and couldn't breath through the nose. My classmate suggested that I take Claritin-D 24 hours. This pill works great but there is huge side effect which I hate it. Pros - cleared my nasal passage, stop sneezing, stop itchy eyes, stop running nose. Cons - Dry mouth, weak, Insomnia, dizzy, feeling high, and pain on my thigh and leg. But, otherwise this works great, such a life saver."

Anonymous April 28, 2012

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "During the winter I have a lot of trouble breathing because of the dry heaters. Blowing my nose is often not an option. Claritin D clears up the passages and allows me to breathe freely. I feel more alert and experience no side effects. I use the 12-hour pills no more than once a day."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "When I have a cold that blocks sinuses, ears, and chest - this is what I take. "

Anonymous December 2, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "As an industrial insulation specialist I have spent the last 6 years of my life suffering from chronic sinusitis, constant fatigue, pressure in sinuses and behind my eyes, ear infections, sinus infections, colds in all seasons. After extensive doctor visits and lots and lots of medical bills I finally ran into an amazing doctor in the E.R. My sinuses had taken me on a turn for the worst, constant blurry vision, headaches, sinus pressure and pain, pain in ears, dry throat, disorientation, pain at the base of my skull, and constant fatigue. This doctor turned me on to Claritin D. I have felt like a brand new person ever since. I am loving life again, and living to the fullest. Thank you so much for changing my life Claritin D."

Anonymous November 13, 2011

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This medication helped with my congestion however it makes me anxious, gives me a rapid heart beat and insomnia. "

Anonymous September 20, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Doctors gave this medicine to me thinking I had allergy. I thought it was cold. I didnot have any runny nose, itchy eyes or anything as mentioned on the label of the box. I took Claritin-D 12 hrs when I felt I got congestion in nasal passage and felt like mucus was passing through the passage between nose and throat all the time and got different side effects all the time. This time I had severe side effects like started feeling feverish, heart was pounding faster, felt extremely weak; then I read about the side effects on this website."

nchatt July 22, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "This medicine is great. I was diagnosed with sinusitis and could not breath at all through my nose. After taking Claritin D what a difference. I could breath again and finally could get a good nights sleep. It does give me dry mouth so I just drink more water."

Anonymous May 16, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "I have suffered from sinus, allergies for at least five years. Just recently fluid behind my ear drumt made me dizzy. After five days of taking this no sinus no allergies and no dizziness. Been to ENT, been to allergist and used their high dollar medicines, none really helped. This on the 5th day is the best day I have had in a long long long time. Great medicine just hope it keeps on working. So far no side effects."

Texas19612520 March 19, 2011

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "I have used Claritin-D 24 for 5 years. I used to get sinusitis all the time. It was so bad, I usually missed 2-3 weeks of work per year. I was tested for allergies, but was allergic to nothing they tested for. I used to take it only seasonally, but as soon as I stopped, I would get sick again. Now I take it everyday and am very nervous if the pharmacy runs out. I do experience a few side effects, but have learned to manage them. For instance, I do not take it if I can't take it before 10 a.m. otherwise it causes insomnia. I also have dry-mouth, but have increased my water intake to 8 glasses per day (good for me). I have experienced joint pain in the last few years, but determined it was due to plantar's facitis. It's changed my life."

labrat1851 November 8, 2009

Claritin-D 24 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "Works great most of the time. The problem is the price is going up and up. The other problem is the restriction on the amount that can be purchased at one time. I take one everyday but I can only buy 15 at a time and only 30 in a month. It's hard to believe that the sale of the medicine has to be controlled. On the last day of the month I have to wait until the next day to buy the med - so stupid. Especially when traveling and I can't purchase some in advance. It should be prescription again so I can receive 30 at one time."

Patc0001 September 14, 2009

Claritin-D (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Hay Fever: "I took this at 7 am to try and fix itchy eyes. So far, 4 hours later, there is still slight itchiness and wateriness. Worse is the side-effects. I feel slightly jittery, yet mentally it feels like I've taken a tranquillizer. I don't feel I'm safe to drive. Basically if you are a first time user of the 24 hour version, don't try it on a day you have to use a car."

First time user. September 1, 2009

Claritin-D 12 Hour (loratadine / pseudoephedrine) for Nasal Congestion: "Best decongestant I have ever taken. As effective as any sinus rinse but a lot less annoying to take a pill! One slight side effect: minor headaches. Do not take Claritin D-24 on a daily basis - it is too strong and caused dizziness."

congestion sufferer August 11, 2009