User Reviews for Lithium

Also known as: Eskalith, Eskalith-CR, Lithium Carbonate ER, Lithobid, Lithonate, Lithotabs

Learn more about Lithium.

Lithium Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Mania.

Reviews for Lithium to treat Mania

"I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 with extreme highs and lows. I started taking lithium 3 days ago and I am so thankful. My life has completely changed I now feel level for the first time. I think it is a great medicine to talk to your Doctor about."

CarrieC. (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2014

"For some, lithium is the most effective choice for bipolar mania. Unfortunately for me, it's not. My body rebelled against it immediately and without pause for its entire 60-day 'trial'. My bowels were never solid the entire time. I'm amazed now that I never recognized any dehydration symptoms over that time. It worked for my dear departed mother, but not for me, but I gave it a shot."

CrackerMan21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2013

"Aside from some of the crummy side effects, bipolar disorder would not and could not be tolerable without lithium. I used to take Depakote alone, now I take lithium and Depakote and can honestly say that keep me even...most of the time."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2012

"Have been suffering for 14 years with various levels of Mania. I was finally prescribed 300mg Lithium Carbonate for Bi-Polar. Skeptical of yet another wrong diagnosis, I tried 150 mg for 2 weeks. I saw an improvement after the first night. I was able to fall straight asleep and woke up without tremors or intense crazy dreams. YAY! After about the first week, my life started slowing down and I could get nothing done. I stopped taking it and the mania stayed away for about 2 weeks. The Mania has just started coming back."

John at the Falls March 15, 2012

"I've only been on this medicine for one week but the side effects are awful. I can't see straight, I stumbled when I walk, I have horrible tremors and no appetite. I'm only on 300 mg twice a day but I feel so oriented. When will I feel the positive effects?"

B Donn November 6, 2011

"Good medicine for bipolar and getting your life back."

Anonymous April 25, 2011

"I found out I was bi polar a year and a half ago. I've been on antidepressants and antpsychotic meds for that long and still felt lost & like the world was lost to me. A month ago my new Doctor started me on lithium. I no longer think of suicide and love to be with my family now. Its been my savior. Have had no side effects, except thirst. I recommend it to anyone who is bi polar. Life can be good after all."

Anonymous June 18, 2010

"I have been on Lithium for 5 years now. I have tried all other anti-psychotic drugs. For me, Lithium works well and doesn't break the bank when I have to refill my medicines. It controls my mood swings and I still feel like myself just not manic."

MJBCLR January 26, 2009

"I was just diagnosed with Mania and perscribed this medication 300mg twice a day. I was afraid to take it as I know others who have. I'm thankful for this medicine. I can now get on with my life."

grannyj October 12, 2008

"I have suffered with bipolar disorder for 3 years. Lithium seems to be the one that is going to help me more than the others."

Anonymous March 13, 2008