User Reviews for Eskalith-CR

Learn more about Eskalith-CR.

Bipolar Disorder 3 reviews 48 medications

7.2
Mania 0 reviews 14 medications Not rated - Be the first
Schizoaffective Disorder 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Eskalith-CR reviews 3 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Eskalith-CR

Review by DeeEee: User Rating:

Eskalith-CR (lithium) for Bipolar Disorder: I have suffered from depression since I was 8 years old. I finally started going to therapy and taking antidepressants and various other psychotropic medications with no luck. Finally at 39 my internal medicine doctor suggested I try lithium CR 300mg once a day along with a SSRI antidepressant. I am going to be 45 next month and have only been in "the hole" five times. My doctor ups my SSRI during these episodes until I'm stabilized then I go back down when I feel it's safe. Lithium has been a life-saving medicine with minimal side-effects. Thirst and acne are worth it.

February 21, 2011 3:30 AM

Eskalith-CR (lithium) for Bipolar Disorder: I have be Bipolar Disorder for 25 years. I had my first episode out of college when I started by first job. I went into a total depression, many brushed it off as nothing, because I was young, etc. But I could hardly get out of bed, cried all the time. It did finally go away after a few months, then the fun came in the spring. I went into a mania, shopping, spending a lot of money. Once I got 3 speeding tickets in one hour. That's when I knew something was wrong and was luckily diagnosed as Manic Depressive (Bi Polar). I was put on Lithium and within 2 weeks felt much, much better. I've tried going off of it, but every time I get depressed or manic. So Lithium has worked for me! Stay on it! I have tried going off, doesn't work.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 28, 2010 11:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Eskalith-CR (lithium) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been using Eskalith for the last 5 years now and it has really help control the mania part of my bi-polar. If you want a good medication to help control your mania I highly suggest this one.

November 25, 2008 6:38 AM