User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

4.5
Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 259 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I have not had any of the side effects that I've been seeing others report. I do find that I have to take a Benadryl at night but then I do have allergies anyway. I am currently trying to seek out information on which one of my 5 blood pressure medicines are now causing extreme leg cramps. I don't think it is this one."

Riggys July 15, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been feeling nauseous and have headaches all the time. I also have a cough which is annoying. I have been on the medication for three months and thought I had a gastrointestinal disease until I read all the comments on side effects. I feel better knowing where these symptoms are coming from. "

Anonymous July 6, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking lisinopril in the 20mg dosage once a day. My blood pressure started around 160-170/90-100. After 30 days and not much change in my blood pressure, my doctor recommended taking two pills a day. Since I started that, my headaches have been unbearable. I am going to stop taking lisinopril."

Anonymous July 6, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "Been on lisinopril/hydrochlorthiazide 20/25 for several weeks. Cough and throat tickle. Stomach cramps, lots of nausea. It did bring blood pressure down."

wirt434 July 4, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I was given this medication after being prescribed several beta blockers and not tolerating them very well- I have PVCs and heart block which made it difficult to find a medication that helped my hypertension and did not aggravate my arrhythmia. My hypertension was severe (generally 180/130 average) and I started with a dose of 10mg plus 20 mg of hydrochlorothiazide (diuretic). That did not lower my blood pressure enough so I was bumped to 20 mg of lisinopril without the hydrochlorothiazide. My blood pressure now averages 120/85 unless I am in a stressful situation. I have the occasional dry cough but am tolerating this medication very well and it has not had any effect on my PVCs and heart block. I am happy with this medication."

Emilywtf May 26, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Lisinopril 20g tab for about a year now. I have real bad cough for about a month and wheezing I had to take two weeks of steroids to heal. My throat is hoarse. I seem to have swelling in my throat, I get real sleepy, yawning a lot and I have not been alert with my mind. I am going to talk to my doctor. I even told my son about this drug for his blood pressure. I will probably change medication or take a lower dose and see how I do."

pebbles777 May 22, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril is very effective for essential hypertension, even in low doses. I have had good experience with it."

Anonymous May 14, 2010

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "Got lip angioedema and anaphylaxis because of this mediation. Symptoms still exist."

vtech10 May 9, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "This helped my grandma a lot. "

Ramandeep April 12, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure has come down after about 2 weeks of taking this medicine. I have had no side effects at all. I have been taking this medicine for about 4 months now."

Anonymous April 6, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Lisinopril for about 6 months for my blood pressure which was 150/103...it went down to about 115/70 which is good. But I develped the "ACE cough" like abut 15% of people do who take an ACE inhibitor. I had to keep cough drops and hard candy with me at all times and it was really embarrassing in my classes to cough so much. I also lost feeling in the tips of my fingers and toes a lot, and occasionally felt like my face and lips were swelling. So finally I had my doctor switch me to a diuretic (hydrochlorothiazide) and all of my symptoms have gone away that I can tell. I have to go to the bathroom a little more often but that is way better than coughing all the time. I'm hoping it will work for my high blood pressure too."

Anonymous March 21, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "i have been taking the medication for over a year and overtime the side effects have got worse and unbearable, the feeling of extreme tiredness and weakness, started having rapid heart beat, swelling in eyes and hands, its become too much my last few visit my bp has been normal so they are going to take me off and see how i do without it, which im glad cause i couldnt keep taking it with those side effects, hoping i will not need the medication but if i have to go back on im going to ask to be switched to something else"

james82 February 15, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I used this medicine for about 3 years. It worked great. But over the past two weeks I have had to go to urgent care for the swelling of the left side of my tongue and the severe swelling of my bottom lip!"

Me in Texas February 9, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "Had most side effects with this medicine."

kennyp February 8, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: "I took 10 mg of lisinopril for a month and could not handle the side effects anymore. It worked great at getting my blood pressure down but with that came heart pounding and fluttering, headaches, leg pains, weakness, dry mouth, diarrhea, dizziness, trouble sleeping, waking in the middle of a deep sleep very confused and alarmed, and taste change. Within 2 days of changing medicines all of these problems disappeared even though the doctor assured me it was not all from lisinopril. "

Anonymous February 6, 2010

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril worked great for lowering blood pressure even at a very low dose. Unfortunately, the dry cough, that seemed to always be worse at night, eventually became more than I could endure. The cough ended after 2 days. In addition, I had developed a post nasal drip that I had never experienced before which also disappeared after 2 days. I am now on Diovan but so far it has not lowered my blood pressure. Really frustrating."

rjdavis January 20, 2010

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I used this medication for years. It was comfortable to use, with few side effects. Finally, after years of use, I developed a cough and had to discontinue. I've been unable to find another medication that is as comfortable and effective as this one."

Anonymous January 11, 2010

For Migraine Prevention: "Doctor put me on 10 MG for high blood pressure and my horrible nightly migraines that I have had for 20 years stopped immediately! I could not believe it. The doctor didn't mention this possibility, only the cough, which I have a touch of and will put up with. I just googled the drug and found the migraine effect on my own after 2 days of no headache. It has only been 10 days so I am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far I am stunned! I have Zomig for the migraines but it was usually an hour or so process in the middle of the night to get it to kick in. I cannot believe how much more rested I feel, not having to be up in pain every night. Sure hope it is effective on my blood pressure too."

VAXE December 19, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: "I used this drug for about six months, while my blood pressure was controlled the side effects, including cough and dry mouth were severe to the point that I could not take the medication any longer."

Anonymous December 15, 2009

For Coronary Artery Disease: "My friend age 53 began taking Lisinopril after a double coronary bypass June this year. We asked for the Lisinopril prescription from the doctor because it was cheap and he was going to need a long term ACE inhibitor. He had a history of bronchitis in the past. As time rocked on the cough became worse eventually being put on a home nebulizer. The Physician Assistant changed him from Lisinopril to Diovan. Within 2 weeks the cough had gone away, as well as the wheezing and no longer needed the resp treatments. Personally I feel that Lisinopril is a good medicine if one has no other medical issues. In this case I think it was not a good choice. "

Bailey1957 November 28, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: "The very irritating post nasal drip, runny nose, and cough has disrupted my life! I thought I had allergies or a cold and it took me months to connect it to lisinopril. I see my Dr. tomorrow and will be so glad to get rid of this drug and its side effects. My sleep was interupted all night so I was not getting adequate rest. And at work it was embarrasing to keep blowing my nose and coughing. People are hyper-aware of germs these days because of the swine flu thing, (and I work in surgery.)"

Anonymous November 23, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was running 160 over 115 and I went on this medication. I've only been on it for 5 days and the incessant coughing is driving me crazy. Also, I've noticed annoying, weird cramps under my shoulder blades, lower back aches (even though overweight, I've never, ever had back problems) and my thigh and calf and even foot muscles start to seize up when I walk, and I'm a walker, hate to sit down but now I do all the time because I feel so tired. I'm also unable to sleep and short of breath, which is also uncommon to me."

pa18sher November 18, 2009

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor prescribed this to "protect my kidneys" and lower my BP (132/100, was never that high before). Within a week I had severe muscle spasms and pain in my legs, headaches, dizziness, and itchy hands. She cut my dose to 5 mg, which stopped most of the spasms, but did not relieve other symptoms. My BP was 100/68. I am now dealing with mild edema in my eyelids, blurred vision."

Mahalo08 November 16, 2009

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 48 yr old male, take 20mg day. Blood pressure is regular now however side effects are not acceptable and I will be switching to another medicine. Libido lowered, unable to maintain erection for more than 20 minutes, headaches, dizziness, some double vision, coughing, and slight weight gain without any change in exercise or diet. This ACE inhibitor is not for me."

macfly November 15, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: "Took this medicine for over 6 months. Side effects got bad finally stopped taking it and switched to old Medicine. Had headaches that never went away, muscle spasm in legs and arms so bad could barely lift my arms. Extreme fatigue would set in 1 - 2 hours after taking, facial flushing always getting comments about being sunburned. Most scary was the memory loss, couldn't recall details on everyday things, and muscle twitches in thigh. Been off of this for only three days and feel better already. Memory is coming back and twitches in thigh are gone. Didn't have the need for a nap today either. It seems as if these symptoms get worse over time at least for me. "

Kathypettit November 14, 2009

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next