User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 7 reviews 32 medications

4.5
Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 219 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: Brought my blood pressure down but now I'm having trouble achieving a climax.

August 25, 2009 1:32 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have just started this medicine and the cough is driving me crazy. I go through these spells, at work and night. Everyone probably thinks I have a cold. Might need to switch to something else.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2009 12:23 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have acquired swelling edema in both ankles.

August 24, 2009 5:04 PM

Review by idsportsman:

For High Blood Pressure: I used this in conjunction with Norvasc and atenolol and it seems to help me a lot in keeping my high blood pressure under control.

August 22, 2009 5:49 PM

Review by MsMafiaCrimeBoss:

For High Blood Pressure: I have no coughing from this medicine. It is low cost and easy to take. My only concern was leg cramps. With exercise every other day they will go away. You must exercise and take care of yourself on any drug or just as a daily routine in your quality of life.

August 7, 2009 4:51 PM

Review by Thanatos30312:

For High Blood Pressure: I had a severe allergic reaction to this medication. My face and arms turned red, and had difficulty breathing close to 16 hours after taking the medication even after taking Singular and Claritin to knock off the effect of the allergy.

August 5, 2009 10:07 AM

Review by Cookie1:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Lisinopril for 12 days now. It has not worked at all with lowering my blood pressure and I have a horrible dry cough to the point I have side pain from coughing so much and also has caused incontinence. Also have terrible cramps in feet and toes. My doctor has taken me off of it.

August 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Review by chayfox:

For High Blood Pressure: My Doctor prescribed this medication to me as well. My blood pressure was 182/103. The medication does work really well. Unfortunately, there are side effects with any drugs. I have had coughing with this drug. It tends to come and go through time. It is beneficial to me because I don't want to end up on dialysis. That's what happens when your blood pressure rises and people don't take care of it. ITS IMPORTANT TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE BECAUSE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AEFECTS YOUR KIDNEYS. So be SMART.

August 2, 2009 6:26 PM

Review by ruff4ever:

For High Blood Pressure: I am 59 and generally have good blood pressure readings. For whatever reason, it suddenly went up to 190/100. Lisinopril reduced it within a week but then horrible side effects. Immediately when I got up, my face and neck always felt flushed and this went on through the day, sometimes this made it seem like I had a temperature, very spaced out. From the back of my head to above my eyes there was always a headache. As the morning went on, if I did nothing I was not too bad but if I started doing things around the house, I became very tired and drowsy and had to go to sleep.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2009 8:36 AM

Review by emhs:

For High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril caused a bad nightly cough (common side effect) that interrupted my sleep all night, every night. I had to keep cough medication within reach in order to get any sleep at all! It also affected my voice. Other prescription medications have proven to be more effective without this side effect.

July 23, 2009 5:18 PM

Review by BLACKJACK PAT:

For High Blood Pressure: Not sure if I like this drug, one pill and have a raspy voice already.

July 15, 2009 8:51 PM

Review by Steffko:

For High Blood Pressure: It works well with just one side effect - coughing spells on occasion. Other than that I have seen a marked reduction in my blood pressure.

July 14, 2009 8:36 AM

Review by heidelue:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on lisinopril for 1 1/2 years with no problems or side effects. It's a wonderful drug.

July 12, 2009 4:11 PM

Review by sug:

For High Blood Pressure: I am in my early 40's. I was prescribed Lisinopril (10mg) to treat high blood pressure. After a subsequent visit to my doctor, it was determined that 10mg was not dropping my blood pressure and he prescribed 20mg. This has caused a mild side effect of a constant dry cough and unfortunately, it did not drop my blood pressure either. I am now taking AMLODIPINE BESYLATE but just started it so I don't have enough history with it to tell if it will work.

July 9, 2009 9:04 AM

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I have been on Zestril (originally 10 mg and since reduced to 5mg) for the past 8 years and my pressure had stabilised all these years. In the last 3 years, I started having some chronic dry irritating coughs; and this year have been having problems with erection and libido. Zestril is the only medicine I take.

June 29, 2009 8:20 AM

Review by coughing queen:

For High Blood Pressure: Caused persistent coughing

June 28, 2009 10:00 AM

Review by Tim285:

For High Blood Pressure: I've been taking Lisinopril for about 10 days now. I was on Amlodipine which gave me horrible side affects like sore muscles, dizziness, short breath, no sex drive. Lisinopril 10mg a day brought my blood pressure down from 140/90 to 120's/80's. With no side effects but I have noticed a dry throat with coughing like others have mentioned. I'll have to monitor to see if it is from the new drug.

June 20, 2009 2:35 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Have only been taking Lisinopril for two weeks and while it lowered my blood pressure right away, I couldn't stand the coughing. I'm glad that I knew from research that the coughing was a side effect of the drug. I called my doctor today and she changed me over to Norvasc - I hope it works as well as the Lisinopril did, minus the coughing.

June 16, 2009 8:28 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I am 35 and my blood pressure was 178/148 (for unknown reason I am not overweight or have heart problems). Doctor gave me lisinopril 20 twice a day. I have been taking it for 2 months. My blood is now 140/100. Little less than at the beginning but I think I will need some other dosage or different drug. So far no side effects.

June 11, 2009 10:41 PM

Review by Not for me.:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I experienced coughing and muscle pain.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2009 2:48 PM

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: This blood pressure medication gave me intestinal cramps and diarrhea. I could only endure these side effects for 2 weeks before I had to discontinue it.

May 29, 2009 4:48 PM

For High Blood Pressure: One side effect I have noticed that is not mentioned is I have a metallic taste in my mouth.

May 22, 2009 5:06 PM

Review by jtaylor8763:

For High Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was 150's/100's. My doctor did not want to prescribe Altace which worked in the past. The prescription he gave me was 20mg Lisinopril with 12.5mg of hydrochlorothiazide. My blood pressure has reduced to 120's/80's. My blood pressure does fluctuate sometimes to 90/70. I then become very dizzy. I have been experiencing extreme muscle fatigue especially in my shoulders, neck, arms and jaw muscles along with the tongue. When eating my jaws become quite cramped. My heart rate jumps up to about 130 at times. I find myself needing to take large breaths at times. Any physical exertion brings dizziness and fatigue within an hour or so.

199 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 21, 2009 7:28 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Medication works fine - HATE the new packaging. It is cumbersome. Don't use the day/date aspect at all and don't need it. Wastes plastic with excess packaging.

May 10, 2009 11:21 AM

Review by buck_1:

For High Blood Pressure: I am 55 years old, blood pressure ran from about 150-180 (systolic). Lisinopril (20mg) got my blood pressure to about 120/80. No side effects noted. My liver profile is normal, but I have noted my TSH, and fT4 drift a little high then normal. Having taken up exercise, reduced salt intake, etc, my blood pressure will be about normal without the drug. It seems as though my fT4 and TSH tend to elevate when on lisinopril. I have just noticed this over the past 2 months. I am now keeping records of when I take the drug over a week then will do repeat thyroid function tests to see if there is a trend.

May 9, 2009 10:19 PM