User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 9 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 227 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by syon99:

For High Blood Pressure: I'm a 63 year old big guy (315 pounds) with 147/95 blood pressure and otherwise healthy. This is my first experience with high blood pressure and I am not on any other medication. I have been taking 20mg lisinopril twice a day for 10 days. I have experienced the dry cough and blurred vision others have mentioned. I have taken my blood pressure at home 22 times in 10 days with the following results: High 164/101, Low 137/86, First 140/94, Last 140/88, average 147/95. My doctor says I should give lisinopril six weeks to work. I'll try 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week for the next five weeks and see if there is any improvement.

October 3, 2009 4:57 AM

Review by Mannalal:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Doctor prescribed 5mg daily when BP was 150/100, wow 24Hrs. after first dose it was 130/84, continued for fifteen days, the BP came down to 100/70 and I did not feel any difficulty, doctor reduced the dose to 2.5mg daily, BP was unstable at 90/70 to 100/70 reduced the dose to 1.25mg, still it was 100/70. Doctor stopped medication, BP gradually increased again now it is stable at 130/90 without any medication, with 2km brisk walk daily. I am 47, my father 79 120/85, mother 120/80. No history of heart failure in family.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2009 8:46 AM

For High Blood Pressure: So far so good for me. Been flirting with blood pressure medicines for some time (am 36 years old) and was finally prescribed lisinopril two weeks ago when I ran a 170/110 during a Doctor's visit. No coughing yet, nothing to really note for side effects and my blood pressure is regularly around 125/75 now. I hope the side effects listed by others do not show up as the $15 for 90 day supply is great.

September 22, 2009 9:55 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Gave me a dry cough so I stopped using it.

September 12, 2009 2:05 PM

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Does a fine job lowering my blood pressure and I feel much better. The cough is irksome. Having a cough drop in the far back of my mouth tends to relieve it, and thank goodness you can find sugar free ones now. Still, considering bladder control problems and the way the cough disrupts my sleep, I'll probably switch to another medicine.

September 12, 2009 12:24 PM

Review by bowen_kyle:

For High Blood Pressure: This is a good medicine.

September 9, 2009 2:18 PM

Review by anoynamus:

For Heart Attack: Severe reaction, 48 year old male hospitalized for 4 days, tongue and lips swelled, body turned red, hives, severe perspiring trouble, blood pressure dropped 70/41, dehydrated. Was on this medication for 6 months, took medicine in morning had reaction 6 pm no warning.

September 2, 2009 10:03 PM

Review by Bonus Grandma:

For High Blood Pressure: I just started taking Lisinopril 5 mg. My diagnosis has been labile high blood pressure often around 140/90. My cardiologist prescribed it, along with Atenolol 100 mg and a diuretic 12.5 (Hydrochlorothiazide) which I have been taking for years. In the past two weeks, my blood pressure has been down to a more normal range. I haven't had any noticeable side effects. Doctor did some blood work on 8/31 for kidney function and that was all fine. I have started dieting to lose about 30 lbs and swimming three or four days a week. I feel much better now that I am really exercising and not just making excuses.

September 2, 2009 5:51 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Brought my blood pressure down but now I'm having trouble achieving a climax.

August 25, 2009 1:32 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have just started this medicine and the cough is driving me crazy. I go through these spells, at work and night. Everyone probably thinks I have a cold. Might need to switch to something else.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2009 12:23 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have acquired swelling edema in both ankles.

August 24, 2009 5:04 PM

Review by idsportsman:

For High Blood Pressure: I used this in conjunction with Norvasc and atenolol and it seems to help me a lot in keeping my high blood pressure under control.

August 22, 2009 5:49 PM

Review by MsMafiaCrimeBoss:

For High Blood Pressure: I have no coughing from this medicine. It is low cost and easy to take. My only concern was leg cramps. With exercise every other day they will go away. You must exercise and take care of yourself on any drug or just as a daily routine in your quality of life.

August 7, 2009 4:51 PM

Review by Thanatos30312:

For High Blood Pressure: I had a severe allergic reaction to this medication. My face and arms turned red, and had difficulty breathing close to 16 hours after taking the medication even after taking Singular and Claritin to knock off the effect of the allergy.

August 5, 2009 10:07 AM

Review by Cookie1:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Lisinopril for 12 days now. It has not worked at all with lowering my blood pressure and I have a horrible dry cough to the point I have side pain from coughing so much and also has caused incontinence. Also have terrible cramps in feet and toes. My doctor has taken me off of it.

August 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Review by chayfox:

For High Blood Pressure: My Doctor prescribed this medication to me as well. My blood pressure was 182/103. The medication does work really well. Unfortunately, there are side effects with any drugs. I have had coughing with this drug. It tends to come and go through time. It is beneficial to me because I don't want to end up on dialysis. That's what happens when your blood pressure rises and people don't take care of it. ITS IMPORTANT TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE BECAUSE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AEFECTS YOUR KIDNEYS. So be SMART.

August 2, 2009 6:26 PM

Review by ruff4ever:

For High Blood Pressure: I am 59 and generally have good blood pressure readings. For whatever reason, it suddenly went up to 190/100. Lisinopril reduced it within a week but then horrible side effects. Immediately when I got up, my face and neck always felt flushed and this went on through the day, sometimes this made it seem like I had a temperature, very spaced out. From the back of my head to above my eyes there was always a headache. As the morning went on, if I did nothing I was not too bad but if I started doing things around the house, I became very tired and drowsy and had to go to sleep.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2009 8:36 AM

Review by emhs:

For High Blood Pressure: Lisinopril caused a bad nightly cough (common side effect) that interrupted my sleep all night, every night. I had to keep cough medication within reach in order to get any sleep at all! It also affected my voice. Other prescription medications have proven to be more effective without this side effect.

July 23, 2009 5:18 PM

Review by BLACKJACK PAT:

For High Blood Pressure: Not sure if I like this drug, one pill and have a raspy voice already.

July 15, 2009 8:51 PM

Review by Steffko:

For High Blood Pressure: It works well with just one side effect - coughing spells on occasion. Other than that I have seen a marked reduction in my blood pressure.

July 14, 2009 8:36 AM

Review by heidelue:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on lisinopril for 1 1/2 years with no problems or side effects. It's a wonderful drug.

July 12, 2009 4:11 PM

Review by sug:

For High Blood Pressure: I am in my early 40's. I was prescribed Lisinopril (10mg) to treat high blood pressure. After a subsequent visit to my doctor, it was determined that 10mg was not dropping my blood pressure and he prescribed 20mg. This has caused a mild side effect of a constant dry cough and unfortunately, it did not drop my blood pressure either. I am now taking AMLODIPINE BESYLATE but just started it so I don't have enough history with it to tell if it will work.

July 9, 2009 9:04 AM

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: I have been on Zestril (originally 10 mg and since reduced to 5mg) for the past 8 years and my pressure had stabilised all these years. In the last 3 years, I started having some chronic dry irritating coughs; and this year have been having problems with erection and libido. Zestril is the only medicine I take.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 29, 2009 8:20 AM

Review by coughing queen:

For High Blood Pressure: Caused persistent coughing

June 28, 2009 10:00 AM

Review by Tim285:

For High Blood Pressure: I've been taking Lisinopril for about 10 days now. I was on Amlodipine which gave me horrible side affects like sore muscles, dizziness, short breath, no sex drive. Lisinopril 10mg a day brought my blood pressure down from 140/90 to 120's/80's. With no side effects but I have noticed a dry throat with coughing like others have mentioned. I'll have to monitor to see if it is from the new drug.

June 20, 2009 2:35 PM