User Reviews for Lisinopril (Page 7)

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

Coronary Artery Disease 1 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 300 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "This is the first medicine I've tried for blood pressure, and it works to lower blood pressure but the side effects are many. I will get this changed today when I see doctor.( side effects - loose stools- tired feeling- unproductive cough- night sweats)."

MW-Missouri February 24, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "20mg was a very effective dose for treating my Hypertension however I did experience a bit of lightheadedness with the full 20mg tablet. This dose was then staggered into two separate 10mg doses per day with equally effective results that minimized side effects."

Wchelwig January 20, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Lisinopril for 8 months and all of a sudden my tongue started feeling funny. I stopped taking it for a day and it seemed to get better. The next day after taking it my tongue swelled up. Seems I had a bad allergic reaction to the medication. So be warned if your tongue starts feeling funny!"

Catd January 18, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 27-year-old male with hypertension (yes, a bit young, but it runs in the family). At first, Lisinopril was a God send. We were seeing systolic pressure in the high 120s and diastolic pressure in the 70s (I've had readings as high as 165 over 95). I didn't develop the dreaded "ACE inhibitor cough." Overtime, however, lisinopril caused me to feel fatigued 24/7. I'm depressed (despite 40mg Prozac per day and no history of major depressive disorder or triggers) and feel 50 years older than I should be. Medications affect different people in so many different ways. I'll continue on my quest to find the blood pressure medicine that works for me (...with a second opinion from a cardiologist)."

ArIck December 11, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 27 year old white male in good shape but have always had high blood pressure...I'm guessing genetic. My blood pressure would run anywhere from 130-160 over 85-105. The doctor tried a diuretic which did nothing, and then a beta blocker which had horrible side effects. They finally tried 10mg of lisinopril and wow how great! It almost immediately brought my blood pressure to 118/80's. I actually cut my dose to 2.5 mg in the morning and 2.5 mg at lunch and my blood pressure stays perfect all day and night. I have had no side effects whatsoever and wouldn't even know I was taking any medication if it weren't for my lowered blood pressure. Highly recommend!"

Anonymous December 9, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I used Lisinopril for seven days. I am diabetic and am on an insulin pump. I maintain good control of my blood sugar. My normal blood sugar is range is between 95 & 130. A day after starting on Lisinopril my blood sugar readings were between 225 & 375. My blood sugar remained extremely elevated the seven days I was taking this medication. After I stopped using Lisinopril my blood sugars returned to normal readings within 1.5 days. "

JeffJ. December 4, 2011

For Migraine Prevention: "I suffered with weekly migraines for 30 years. I took 10 mg daily for slightly elevated blood pressure with no knowledge of migraine effects. After 3 months without a migraine I investigated lisinoprils effects on migraines and shared with my doctor, who did not know of the connection. Now 3 years later, my migraines are all but gone!"

Anonymous November 29, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "Coughing and runny nose driving me crazy. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on this medication for about four weeks. Only marginally helped blood pressure. My blood pressure was 160/103 and was lowered to 145/90. Developed hives and had to discontinue."

Anonymous October 13, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was rather steep--like WAY too high as a rule, hypertension-started taking Lisinopril 40MG, once a day. I literally didn't feel a change physically, yet my readings now never go beyond 130/90, usually lower. I'm pleased with this medicine! This is great news for someone like me. I've gone through two cerebral aneurysms in the past (I wasn't on any medicines then), now I'm on lisinopril 40MG and happy to take it."

janetulm October 9, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "If you have a cough, change your toothpaste to Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste. Try it and see."

zrex September 14, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "The pill does lower my blood pressure (caused by another medicine) but makes me very sleepy and lethargic. I tried taking 1/2 of the pill in the morning and 1/2 in the evening but it is still a big problem. I am normally energetic and on the go - now I'm on slow to stop!"

Crystal Rose September 11, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "55 year old female with hypertension, blood pressure generally around 160/95. Started lisinopril and experienced nausea, flushing and all over sick feeling had to stop medication after 1 day and even missed a day of work due to the side effects."

sbee August 10, 2011

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "Lisinopril(taken at 5mg and 10mg) put my chronic kidney disease in remission, but it gives me hypotension and syncope."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed Lisinopril about 6 months ago, and develop a really bad cough about one month after taking the medicine. The cough got so bad I had to take breaks from the medication just to get relief. Finally my doctor recently took me off of it. She said the cough was a sign of an allergic reaction. I'm upset it took that long to get my doctor to understand that I was suffering with a cough/headache that seem to last 24/7. However, Lisinopril did lower my blood pressure."

Anonymous July 26, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I too had the side effect or a persistent dry cough at night when sleeping. I found that rinsing my mouth with mouthwash and letting some trickle down my throat would stop the cough when I would get the dry cough at night while sleeping."

cptprinter July 16, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I have come back to report - after giving this medicine a very negative rating. It is now a year down the road and the medicine no longer gives me negative side effects. In fact, it delivers a consistently superior blood pressure, much lower than the normal range. I have gone from a blood pressure reading of 190/150 to 98/66. I continue to drink coffee freely and my blood pressure never rises above 115/70. I wish to take back all the negative things I said concerning doctors who prescribe this medicine. Lisinopril must receive a rating of "10" on the efficiency scale. However, one glaring side effect of this medicine is impotence and some aphrodisiac should always be prescribed to restore sexual function to the one who uses this medicine."

tasgardson July 8, 2011

For Diabetic Kidney Disease: "Really works and cheap. "

tianw2009 July 2, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I took lisinopril for approximately two years. I developed a violent cough that would not go away. I took over the counter medications for allergies and the cough. It did not help. Finally I went to the emergency room and was prescribed other medications. This didn't help. Finally I had a heart to heart talk with my primary care physician. He took me off the lisinopril and within a week the cough subsided and went away. "

Sam P. June 25, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "It did drop my blood pressure, but within 2 days I felt nauseated, tired, and got cramps. I explained to the doctor it was like having a hangover times 10 without the benefits the night before. I am about to try Bystolic 5mg."

williamfpeopl June 22, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I take 1 x 20 mg tablet a day. Blood pressure was 205/95. 6 months now and blood pressure is pretty good. It varies between 118/85 - 135/80. I did develop a dry cough. But its not unbearable."

dini May 31, 2011

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "Husband had been taking between 20 and 40 mg/day for 7 years, been fine. Dad had been taking even longer and got the facial angioedema. Have seen other patients with it too. Late effect allergy to ACE inhibitors."

Anonymous May 30, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "Doctor said I don't have high blood pressure but he states that he would like to see my blood pressure lower than what it is. I started off with 10 mg and I had an dry cough every once in a while but what I have noticed is that my body always felt hot but now I can put my hand on my neck and I don't feel hot anymore. Oh by the way my doctor stated that the blood pressure did drop and to continue to use it. Now that I'm remembering at first I was dizzy and felt weird but after 3 months I feel no more dizziness. I'll continue to use it. "

gas man May 20, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "Blood Pressure was 180/114 when I started taking Lisinopril. It worked well for my BP but the side effects were more than I could handle. Fatigue, nausea and daily vomiting. We are in the process of trying to find a better option."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

For High Blood Pressure: "I am on Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg, as well as Lisinopril for consistent diastolic pressure of 90-92 at 52yrs old (otherwise amazing health, not overweight, exercise. Lisinopril both caused me to wake up in the middle of the night with involuntary hyperventilating. Sort of like what I imagine a panic attack would feel like, except I had no reason to have any anxiety. Feeling like I couldn't stay "on top of the medicine", even if I drank lots of water."

Anonymous March 26, 2011