User Reviews for Lisinopril

Also known as: Prinivil, Zestril

Learn more about Lisinopril.

Migraine Prevention 10 reviews 32 medications

Alport Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lisinopril reviews 236 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Lisinopril

Review by macfly:

For High Blood Pressure: I'm a 48 yr old male, take 20mg day. Blood pressure is regular now however side effects are not acceptable and I will be switching to another medicine. Libido lowered, unable to maintain erection for more than 20 minutes, headaches, dizziness, some double vision, coughing, and slight weight gain without any change in exercise or diet. This ACE inhibitor is not for me.

November 15, 2009 7:30 AM

Review by Kathypettit:

For High Blood Pressure: Took this medicine for over 6 months. Side effects got bad finally stopped taking it and switched to old Medicine. Had headaches that never went away, muscle spasm in legs and arms so bad could barely lift my arms. Extreme fatigue would set in 1 - 2 hours after taking, facial flushing always getting comments about being sunburned. Most scary was the memory loss, couldn't recall details on everyday things, and muscle twitches in thigh. Been off of this for only three days and feel better already. Memory is coming back and twitches in thigh are gone. Didn't have the need for a nap today either. It seems as if these symptoms get worse over time at least for me.

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2009 12:13 AM

Review by etides:

For High Blood Pressure: THIS DRUG IS NOT FOR ME. Makes me really sick. Stopped taking on Friday and will call my Doctor Monday morning. I have coughing, vomiting, cramps can't get any sleep.

November 9, 2009 7:23 AM

Review by didovirgil:

For High Blood Pressure: I have just started taking this blood pressure medication, but so far very good! It has definitely brought my blood pressure down with little or no side effects! Thanks.

November 5, 2009 12:32 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Been on medication for hbp for 7 months (also taking Bystolic). Had a reaction of angioedema where my face swelled and then a few days later got hives on my arms and legs. ER doctor explained it's technically NOT an allergic reaction (i.e. not histamine related) so benadryl will not help with the swelling. Given predisone and also taking tylenol. He told me the drug can be taken for decades without any adverse reaction, and then one day, you suddenly get swelling. Having a reaction rules out using any of the ACE inhibitor drugs. Too bad - it was working really well for me. On Cardizem now.

November 2, 2009 2:20 PM

Review by John Howard Norfolk:

For High Blood Pressure: Excellent medication to reduce my blood pressure but I eventually associated a persistent dry cough with this drug and was switched to Cozaar by my GP.

October 21, 2009 9:27 AM

For High Blood Pressure: After months of dry cough, finally ended up with severe allergic reaction including urticaria (hives) over most of my body for four months and got angioedema - tongue and face swelled up.

October 14, 2009 3:37 AM

Review by Jackie198:

For High Blood Pressure: I started this drug 4 months ago and I have the cough and the headaches. But my blood pressure is still high. I started taking it in the morning, when I got up my blood pressure was running 178/110 or higher within 2 hours it was down, but I was so tired that I was falling a sleep at work and waking up with high blood pressure. So I thought if I started taking it at night then my blood pressure would not be high in the morning. But it is still very high still in the morning 178/117. So the Doctor said start taking it again in the morning - that was a week ago and for the last wk I have woken up at all hours with a bad headache. This morning my blood pressure was 178/117. I will have it changed.

October 12, 2009 9:15 AM

Review by sjohns09:

Prinivil (lisinopril) for Migraine Prevention: The Doctor gave me 10 MG Lisinopril for high blood pressure - I never had a headache for over a month. it was great but I developed a bad cough so he took me off. I miss not having the headaches. I think I was taking to high a dose. I'd like to try a smaller mg.

October 6, 2009 4:18 PM

Review by syon99:

For High Blood Pressure: I'm a 63 year old big guy (315 pounds) with 147/95 blood pressure and otherwise healthy. This is my first experience with high blood pressure and I am not on any other medication. I have been taking 20mg lisinopril twice a day for 10 days. I have experienced the dry cough and blurred vision others have mentioned. I have taken my blood pressure at home 22 times in 10 days with the following results: High 164/101, Low 137/86, First 140/94, Last 140/88, average 147/95. My doctor says I should give lisinopril six weeks to work. I'll try 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week for the next five weeks and see if there is any improvement.

October 3, 2009 4:57 AM

Review by Mannalal:

Zestril (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Doctor prescribed 5mg daily when BP was 150/100, wow 24Hrs. after first dose it was 130/84, continued for fifteen days, the BP came down to 100/70 and I did not feel any difficulty, doctor reduced the dose to 2.5mg daily, BP was unstable at 90/70 to 100/70 reduced the dose to 1.25mg, still it was 100/70. Doctor stopped medication, BP gradually increased again now it is stable at 130/90 without any medication, with 2km brisk walk daily. I am 47, my father 79 120/85, mother 120/80. No history of heart failure in family.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2009 8:46 AM

For High Blood Pressure: So far so good for me. Been flirting with blood pressure medicines for some time (am 36 years old) and was finally prescribed lisinopril two weeks ago when I ran a 170/110 during a Doctor's visit. No coughing yet, nothing to really note for side effects and my blood pressure is regularly around 125/75 now. I hope the side effects listed by others do not show up as the $15 for 90 day supply is great.

September 22, 2009 9:55 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Gave me a dry cough so I stopped using it.

September 12, 2009 2:05 PM

Prinivil (lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: Does a fine job lowering my blood pressure and I feel much better. The cough is irksome. Having a cough drop in the far back of my mouth tends to relieve it, and thank goodness you can find sugar free ones now. Still, considering bladder control problems and the way the cough disrupts my sleep, I'll probably switch to another medicine.

September 12, 2009 12:24 PM

Review by bowen_kyle:

For High Blood Pressure: This is a good medicine.

September 9, 2009 2:18 PM

Review by anoynamus:

For Heart Attack: Severe reaction, 48 year old male hospitalized for 4 days, tongue and lips swelled, body turned red, hives, severe perspiring trouble, blood pressure dropped 70/41, dehydrated. Was on this medication for 6 months, took medicine in morning had reaction 6 pm no warning.

September 2, 2009 10:03 PM

Review by Bonus Grandma:

For High Blood Pressure: I just started taking Lisinopril 5 mg. My diagnosis has been labile high blood pressure often around 140/90. My cardiologist prescribed it, along with Atenolol 100 mg and a diuretic 12.5 (Hydrochlorothiazide) which I have been taking for years. In the past two weeks, my blood pressure has been down to a more normal range. I haven't had any noticeable side effects. Doctor did some blood work on 8/31 for kidney function and that was all fine. I have started dieting to lose about 30 lbs and swimming three or four days a week. I feel much better now that I am really exercising and not just making excuses.

September 2, 2009 5:51 AM

For High Blood Pressure: Brought my blood pressure down but now I'm having trouble achieving a climax.

August 25, 2009 1:32 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have just started this medicine and the cough is driving me crazy. I go through these spells, at work and night. Everyone probably thinks I have a cold. Might need to switch to something else.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2009 12:23 PM

For High Blood Pressure: I have acquired swelling edema in both ankles.

August 24, 2009 5:04 PM

Review by idsportsman:

For High Blood Pressure: I used this in conjunction with Norvasc and atenolol and it seems to help me a lot in keeping my high blood pressure under control.

August 22, 2009 5:49 PM

Review by MsMafiaCrimeBoss:

For High Blood Pressure: I have no coughing from this medicine. It is low cost and easy to take. My only concern was leg cramps. With exercise every other day they will go away. You must exercise and take care of yourself on any drug or just as a daily routine in your quality of life.

August 7, 2009 4:51 PM

Review by Thanatos30312:

For High Blood Pressure: I had a severe allergic reaction to this medication. My face and arms turned red, and had difficulty breathing close to 16 hours after taking the medication even after taking Singular and Claritin to knock off the effect of the allergy.

August 5, 2009 10:07 AM

Review by Cookie1:

For High Blood Pressure: I have been on Lisinopril for 12 days now. It has not worked at all with lowering my blood pressure and I have a horrible dry cough to the point I have side pain from coughing so much and also has caused incontinence. Also have terrible cramps in feet and toes. My doctor has taken me off of it.

August 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Review by chayfox:

For High Blood Pressure: My Doctor prescribed this medication to me as well. My blood pressure was 182/103. The medication does work really well. Unfortunately, there are side effects with any drugs. I have had coughing with this drug. It tends to come and go through time. It is beneficial to me because I don't want to end up on dialysis. That's what happens when your blood pressure rises and people don't take care of it. ITS IMPORTANT TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE BECAUSE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AEFECTS YOUR KIDNEYS. So be SMART.

August 2, 2009 6:26 PM