Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 356 reviews 62 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 356 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD: Vyvanse had "decent" effectiveness and minimal side effects . It was also (pretty much) the most effective medicine for me, despite it not being all that great at relieving many of my ADHD symptoms. (I have tried Dexedrine, Concerta, Adderall XR and, of course, Vyvanse).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2010 4:55 PM

For ADHD: I have been diagnosed with ADHD and since then my life have been a total wreck. I didn't get any work done in school or focused on anything also forgetting a lot of things frequently. I went to my psychiatrist and she prescribed me Vyvanse 30mg. The first day I took it I felt AWESOME I focused more and I was very talkative which is normal for me, anyways no change there. But since I'm 5'9 and 230lbs I need the weight loss so that's good for me. Right now I double dosed because I want this to last longer not until 12p.m.

November 18, 2010 7:26 AM

Review by myson&i:

For ADHD: I am 33 years old, and my son is 7 years old and we both have ADD and ADHD respectively. His mom started him off with 20mg of Vyvanse and it seemed to help out his behavior and focus problems at school. The only thing is the poor kid is losing weight. I was curious about the side effects and wanted to see if it could help out with my focus. So I started taking Vyvanse as well. It has been okay. I like the fact that I can stay on task and not go from idea to idea and not stick to one thing, but there are major withdrawal symptoms and I tend to be a total space cadet if I don't take it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2010 9:36 PM

Review by Jday:

For ADHD: I'm 29 and was just given Vyvanse for ADD. Always knew I had it, but was to embarrassed to actually do anything about it. After taking this medication for the last week, it was really a huge mistake to wait. It has fixed my memory, my focus, my social anxiety, can go places and don't want to leave right away. I am sure things can still turn but it has been the best week of my life that I can remember. If I can get past the side effects, dry mouth, stomach pain, little trouble sleeping (all worth it for me) I'll be good. Now I just hope it can fix my spelling soon.

October 2, 2010 11:46 AM

For ADHD: I am 44 years old and was recently diagnosed as ADD. I am a successful professional that always had to work a little harder to achieve results due to my lack of concentration and tendency toward distractions. I started taking Vyvanse, and have to admit I felt like Superwoman for about a week and ranted and raved about how much I was getting done without the jittery feeling most stimulants provide. But then all in one day, I crashed. I started getting extremely agitated. I then would get so angry I would cry hysterically. I quit taking the medication and within a few days my mood and attitude have leveled off. Although, I have suffered from extreme vertigo and exhaustion since I have been off this medicine. I was on 30mg.

September 26, 2010 12:14 PM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was eleven. Over the years, I've been on Metadate, Strattera, Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta. Finally, after a couple years of a break from the medications (nothing worked before), my new doctor decided to put me on Vyvanse (30mg). Within the first few hours of taking this drug, I noticed improvement. My mind didn't feel clouded, I could remember things, I could finish tasks, and I was not easily distracted like before. He added Depakote(125mg) to my regimen, which is supposed to assist with agitation and anxiety. Together, these drugs have tremendously improved my life. The only "bad" things I have noticed is that my appetite is almost gone and I talk A LOT more than I used to.

September 20, 2010 5:25 PM

Review by easy e:

For ADHD: I've been on Vyvanse for about 2 months now and I've seen a huge improvement in my motivation to do thinks and want to do school work. My grades were really bad before I took Vyvanse but now they are excellent. The only downfall to this is I have lost about 20 pounds and it seems like I'm always nervous so I guess I'm going to stop this medicine so I can gain the weight back on.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2010 12:00 AM

Review by ADHD meds:

For ADHD: I had found myself spacing out and getting very easily distracted in school. I would always talk and anything from a noise to something moving out the window would distract me and get me off task somehow. I also had trouble staying focused on assignments that took a descent amount of time to finish. I finally told my psychiatrist about it and he gave me Vyvanse 30mg. It helped me out A LOT. I stayed focused, and if I started an assignment I finished it but he gave me a script for 1 a day every morning but I found myself taking 2 a day sometimes so he gave me the 60mg Vyvanse. So now I take one 60mg Vyvanse a day and am fine. I don't get distracted anymore like I did. I find myself getting all my work done then talking instead of talking 1st.

September 17, 2010 5:26 AM

For ADHD: I am a 20 year old female. I have been taking 50mg Vyvanse for about 3 months or so. I started taking it during the summer and so my schedule of taking it was rather irregular which caused me to have insomnia and decrease my appetite. I have started school now and it works wonders. I am able to concentrate in class and I have motivation to actually do my homework. I even wish I were in school longer..strange I know. I have experienced the side effects from it, more recently though. I have noticed my heart will race for no real reason, I have become more irritable and on edge (although I'm pretty sure I was like that before), and I tend to get kind of agitated at very minuscule things.

September 16, 2010 12:11 AM

Review by B-rad-Da-Great:

For ADHD: Just started taking Vyvanse. Before I was taking Adderall 30mg XR and I'll tell you Vyvanse works so much better. Vyvanse stays active until it wears off. The only bad part is, sometimes it will stop working for like 5 minutes and then it will start working wonders again. It helps me get my work done and it helps me stay in control and very focused all day long while I'm working. Before I started taking Vyvanse I couldn't concentrate what so ever. And I would never get my work done. It also makes me feel the best that I have ever felt in my whole life. If it wasn't for Vyvanse I would probably be fired. I'm 24 and I finally get to enjoy life. To the people who made Vyvanse god bless you.

September 12, 2010 12:54 AM

Review by plainfieldmom:

For ADHD: I have gone through alot of medications so far and I am completely frustrated with the extended release medications. I was so happy to start my son on Vyvanse because of the advertisement stating it last for 12 hours. Not so, it last probably 5 hours, why take extended medication if you have to give an afternoon dose? He has been on up to 70 mg of Vyvanse for a year now and I am thinking of switching him to a different medication. Vyvanse does take care of his hyperactivity but, the lack of attention and defiance is still there. Also, the medication takes 90 minutes to kick in. The doctor told me to give him a booster dose (10 mg. of Adderall) with the Vyvanse to kick in earlier, does not work.

September 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Review by haydenman4:

For ADHD: Vyvanse is amazing. I've had it for about 4 months now and it's worked better than any other medicine I've tried. I am able to focus on the stuff I am doing and am able to stick with a task. I highly recommend it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2010 5:26 PM

Review by kalola569:

For ADHD: My son (ADHD) has been on Vyvanse for about 3 years now, and I love it. He is 10 years old now. He started out on Focalin which he took for about 3 months and never seen a change in him. So his doctor switched him to Vyvanse and the very first day I noticed a change in him. Calm and relaxed, but not a zombie like I heard a lot of ADHD medicines do. He always made A's & B's but since on Vyvanse he has made all A's, I believe it's due to he is able to sit still in his seat and concentrate more. The only side effect I have seen in him is his appetite. He does not have one and is on the skinny side. But we found a way to get him to eat so hopefully he will gain amlittle. Other than that this medicine its WONDERFUL.

August 28, 2010 10:55 PM

Review by CGIX:

For ADHD: I love Vyvanse. It helps me concentrate and helps me in school to work faster and harder. When I get home I immediately start homework and then I just chill with the family until bedtime when I'm tired. I did have insomnia but that went away within about a week. Now I sleep like a baby again and it helped me finally start working out which I have been planning to do for almost 2 months now. Also, I went from struggling to get D's to easily making A's in all classes. I recommend this medicine.

August 24, 2010 8:08 PM

For ADHD: I'm 24, in gradschool and I've been taking the 70mg for about four months. At first I lost ten pounds but now have maintained my appetite. When I don't take it I do feel an uncontrollable desire to eat a lot. I have difficulty sleeping at night and sometimes won't fall asleep until 3 or 4 am, and I take the medicine as soon as I wake up. I think it works best a few hours after taking it. Feel no anxiety and accomplish a lot- but then wears off by the afternoon. Also I was prescribed an anti-depressant before but I feel this somewhat takes care of that. I still prefer taking Vyvanse now but I do think I'll stop for a while after graduating because I'm not sure about the long term effects.

August 14, 2010 7:22 PM

Review by dwiedrich:

For ADHD: My son is almost 7 years old and has ADHD. His Doctor put him on Strattera and Metadate CD 2 years ago. His behavior got worse and worse (Doctor even diagnosed him with ODD). I refused to believe that my child could control his behavior and I knew this was a result of his medicines. His Doctor kept saying no, he just needs more structure etc. I finally DEMANDED that we take him off both medicines and try something else. I insisted we try Vyvanse. The BEST thing I have ever done. My son is now a sweet, happy, normal little boy who rarely gives us problems. His appetite is back, he gets along great with other kids and we are amazed at the change in him. I highly recommend that other parents give this medication a try for their ADHD children.

August 12, 2010 9:45 AM

For ADHD: Amazing medication! My teenager has severe ADHD, and it has turned her life around! She is able to be her true self, but before her severe ADHD often overshadowed her great personality. She does have depression and anxiety but the Vyvanse does not cause that. The medicine did make her lose almost 25 pounds, and she was in 9th grade and she weighed 99 pounds. She was really small, and we almost had to take her off the medicine, but she eventually started gaining weight. She is still very small, but her weight is healthy. It does make her a bit more irritable, but it's nothing compared to the rage she had before the medicine. Vyvanse has finally been able to get rid of that ADHD, and help her think clearly, and be herself!

August 2, 2010 7:53 PM

Review by Imchad:

For ADHD: My son is on Vyvanse, now so am I. First, my head is clear for the first time ever. No 90 mile an hour uncontrollable though, no wondering ideas, no day dreaming. I don't feel drugged. In fact, I feel drugged when I'm not on medicines now. I didn't know what it was like to be "normal" prior to this medicine. The only issue I have is the stomach problems. Some slight stomach pain and bowel issues. I also stopped drinking caffeine and have adjusted my diet to be more well balanced. It's helped a lot. If you're new to Vyvanse, don't drink caffeine! Water only, and adjust your diet for high protein in the morning, it's a must. Change your diet and quick.

July 17, 2010 1:00 PM

For ADHD: This changed my life for the better! I am 35 and just got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD five days ago. I can focus and I don't feel like my brain is going 2,000 miles an hour. I remember things and can finish things I start in order. It's amazing!

July 13, 2010 5:11 PM

Review by butterflyz:

For ADHD: I'm 49 and I've been taking Vyvanse for three years. It does help somewhat, but it only last about five to six hours, probably less than that. I'm taking 20mg, which I think is too low, but my provider refuses to raise the dosage.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2010 12:04 AM

For ADHD: My Son has been taking Vyvanse for about a year now 70mg but he was on other medications before this and although they helped, we had moved and the new doctor did not want to prescribe him anything but Vyvanse and after some research I actually found that Vyvanse is one of the best for ADHD. The only side effects he has had was loss of appetite and insomnia but he is taking something to help him sleep and he eats good in the morning before he takes his medicine just doesn't like eating lunch so I bribe him if he wants to go play games he must eat a snack just like an apple or something no more weight lose just a steady weight now. School has become so much easier for him with grades and the teachers see a great change in him.

July 11, 2010 1:13 PM

For ADHD: I am 18, and alongside my ADD, I suffer from major depression disorder, objective defiant disorder, and major case anxiety. After an emotional breakdown on a school trip, my doctor started me back on my Zoloft and once I got that stabilized he started me on Vyvanse. We started at 40 and that worked while I was taking my Zoloft at night, but when I moved it to the morning, we had to up the dose to 60mg. I have experienced nausea, dizziness, increasing perspiration, and a little insomnia, but they don't last too long. I have also been struggling with weight pretty much my whole life. I started on May 2nd and I have lost a little over 20lbs.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2010 3:56 PM

Review by shemolla:

For ADHD: My 6 year old son (has autism) has switched to Vyvanse 20 mg from Ritalin. He has been on it for about 10 days now. He is calmer in the morning but very restless and irritable in the evening starting from late afternoon. I think it is a withdrawal effect. I have not seen any other side effect. Perhaps I will ask the doctor to increase the dose a bit. If there is anybody who think he/she has found the right dose please post it here.

June 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Review by Tweak.:

For ADHD: I am a 15 year old female. I started taking Vyvanse around 5 months ago. When I first started taking it I saw a difference immediately. I was always on 50mg. It made me very irritable and emotional the first times I took it. Currently, I've been taking this for a few months and it is starting to become less effective on me. I am now starting to double up my doses taking 50mg to 100mg a day. It gets me through the day and keeps me awake. Not to mention excellent grades in school.

June 14, 2010 9:44 PM

For ADHD: It gets me going and keeps me focused.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate