User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 361 reviews 62 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 361 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD: This medicine works extremely well. I have been very pleased with its effects and yielded results in many different areas in my life. From greatly increased concentration to unknown sources of motivation to succeed, Vyvanse has helped me immensely. I also think that I should put this in here too. I am eighteen and have experienced depression before. During one such battle, I thought that a "nice way to end things," would be to really overdose on my medicines. Well, turns out that you just get a really strange night's sleep and an awful stomach ache for a day with your fair share of vomiting. Needless to say, I learned my lesson and really just told myself how stupid I was and went on with life. However, all in all, this medicine is very good.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2010 11:10 PM

For ADHD: My daughter is 6 years old and was diagnosed with ADHD when she was 4. I just recently put her on medication due to the fact her grades were slipping and she was in trouble constantly at school. She is on 30mg of Vyvanse. Although she has improved 100% at school she comes down off the medication at about 5pm and is a holy terror. She gets put to bed at 8 and does not fall asleep until some time around midnight. Also she does not eat hardly anything but she has always been that way for the most part.

December 7, 2010 11:25 AM

For ADHD: I've been taking Vyvanse for a couple of months and I've have learned that the first couple of weeks taking the medication is really the hardest when it comes to side effects. I suffered from dry mouth, loss of appetite, head aches, some but very few mood swings. As far as sleep, I crash at the end of the day which can be due to this medication. I am irritable every now and then, but before I was very frustrated with everyday activities. It gives me energy for the most part. I'm not shaky or nervous like I was on Adderall XR. I haven't lost a ton of weight on Vyvanse unlike Adderall which I lost 60 pounds on within 4 months.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2010 1:41 AM

Review by Midwest Mom:

For ADHD: I am 45 years old with 2 sons with ADHD. I've always known that I also have ADHD, but it wasn't officially diagnosed until 2 months ago. My doctor put me on an escalating dose of Vyvanse, starting at 30mg and upped to 50mg. I am so glad I finally sought treatment and my physician prescribed this medication. I can read something and pay attention to the words I am reading for the first time in my whole life. I don't have to re-read and re-read until I can concentrate on the words. My thoughts are much more organized, and I don't feel like a spinning top. I have not experienced any negative side-effects, and I am sleeping better. I know that others have had some bad effects with this drug, but it is a miracle medicine for me.

November 28, 2010 7:22 PM

For ADHD: For me, Vyvanse has the "smoothest" feeling of the ADHD medicines I have tried. I have found that Concerta (methylphenidate) and Focalin (dexmethylphenidate) create an anxious feeling. Vyvanse does not make me feel this way. Downside: it can be outrageously expensive.

November 24, 2010 10:26 PM

For ADHD: Vyvanse had "decent" effectiveness and minimal side effects . It was also (pretty much) the most effective medicine for me, despite it not being all that great at relieving many of my ADHD symptoms. (I have tried Dexedrine, Concerta, Adderall XR and, of course, Vyvanse).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2010 4:55 PM

For ADHD: I have been diagnosed with ADHD and since then my life have been a total wreck. I didn't get any work done in school or focused on anything also forgetting a lot of things frequently. I went to my psychiatrist and she prescribed me Vyvanse 30mg. The first day I took it I felt AWESOME I focused more and I was very talkative which is normal for me, anyways no change there. But since I'm 5'9 and 230lbs I need the weight loss so that's good for me. Right now I double dosed because I want this to last longer not until 12p.m.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2010 7:26 AM

Review by myson&i:

For ADHD: I am 33 years old, and my son is 7 years old and we both have ADD and ADHD respectively. His mom started him off with 20mg of Vyvanse and it seemed to help out his behavior and focus problems at school. The only thing is the poor kid is losing weight. I was curious about the side effects and wanted to see if it could help out with my focus. So I started taking Vyvanse as well. It has been okay. I like the fact that I can stay on task and not go from idea to idea and not stick to one thing, but there are major withdrawal symptoms and I tend to be a total space cadet if I don't take it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2010 9:36 PM

Review by Jday:

For ADHD: I'm 29 and was just given Vyvanse for ADD. Always knew I had it, but was to embarrassed to actually do anything about it. After taking this medication for the last week, it was really a huge mistake to wait. It has fixed my memory, my focus, my social anxiety, can go places and don't want to leave right away. I am sure things can still turn but it has been the best week of my life that I can remember. If I can get past the side effects, dry mouth, stomach pain, little trouble sleeping (all worth it for me) I'll be good. Now I just hope it can fix my spelling soon.

October 2, 2010 11:46 AM

For ADHD: I am 44 years old and was recently diagnosed as ADD. I am a successful professional that always had to work a little harder to achieve results due to my lack of concentration and tendency toward distractions. I started taking Vyvanse, and have to admit I felt like Superwoman for about a week and ranted and raved about how much I was getting done without the jittery feeling most stimulants provide. But then all in one day, I crashed. I started getting extremely agitated. I then would get so angry I would cry hysterically. I quit taking the medication and within a few days my mood and attitude have leveled off. Although, I have suffered from extreme vertigo and exhaustion since I have been off this medicine. I was on 30mg.

September 26, 2010 12:14 PM

For ADHD: I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was eleven. Over the years, I've been on Metadate, Strattera, Ritalin, Adderall, and Concerta. Finally, after a couple years of a break from the medications (nothing worked before), my new doctor decided to put me on Vyvanse (30mg). Within the first few hours of taking this drug, I noticed improvement. My mind didn't feel clouded, I could remember things, I could finish tasks, and I was not easily distracted like before. He added Depakote(125mg) to my regimen, which is supposed to assist with agitation and anxiety. Together, these drugs have tremendously improved my life. The only "bad" things I have noticed is that my appetite is almost gone and I talk A LOT more than I used to.

September 20, 2010 5:25 PM

Review by easy e:

For ADHD: I've been on Vyvanse for about 2 months now and I've seen a huge improvement in my motivation to do thinks and want to do school work. My grades were really bad before I took Vyvanse but now they are excellent. The only downfall to this is I have lost about 20 pounds and it seems like I'm always nervous so I guess I'm going to stop this medicine so I can gain the weight back on.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2010 12:00 AM

Review by ADHD meds:

For ADHD: I had found myself spacing out and getting very easily distracted in school. I would always talk and anything from a noise to something moving out the window would distract me and get me off task somehow. I also had trouble staying focused on assignments that took a descent amount of time to finish. I finally told my psychiatrist about it and he gave me Vyvanse 30mg. It helped me out A LOT. I stayed focused, and if I started an assignment I finished it but he gave me a script for 1 a day every morning but I found myself taking 2 a day sometimes so he gave me the 60mg Vyvanse. So now I take one 60mg Vyvanse a day and am fine. I don't get distracted anymore like I did. I find myself getting all my work done then talking instead of talking 1st.

September 17, 2010 5:26 AM

For ADHD: I am a 20 year old female. I have been taking 50mg Vyvanse for about 3 months or so. I started taking it during the summer and so my schedule of taking it was rather irregular which caused me to have insomnia and decrease my appetite. I have started school now and it works wonders. I am able to concentrate in class and I have motivation to actually do my homework. I even wish I were in school longer..strange I know. I have experienced the side effects from it, more recently though. I have noticed my heart will race for no real reason, I have become more irritable and on edge (although I'm pretty sure I was like that before), and I tend to get kind of agitated at very minuscule things.

September 16, 2010 12:11 AM

Review by B-rad-Da-Great:

For ADHD: Just started taking Vyvanse. Before I was taking Adderall 30mg XR and I'll tell you Vyvanse works so much better. Vyvanse stays active until it wears off. The only bad part is, sometimes it will stop working for like 5 minutes and then it will start working wonders again. It helps me get my work done and it helps me stay in control and very focused all day long while I'm working. Before I started taking Vyvanse I couldn't concentrate what so ever. And I would never get my work done. It also makes me feel the best that I have ever felt in my whole life. If it wasn't for Vyvanse I would probably be fired. I'm 24 and I finally get to enjoy life. To the people who made Vyvanse god bless you.

September 12, 2010 12:54 AM

Review by plainfieldmom:

For ADHD: I have gone through alot of medications so far and I am completely frustrated with the extended release medications. I was so happy to start my son on Vyvanse because of the advertisement stating it last for 12 hours. Not so, it last probably 5 hours, why take extended medication if you have to give an afternoon dose? He has been on up to 70 mg of Vyvanse for a year now and I am thinking of switching him to a different medication. Vyvanse does take care of his hyperactivity but, the lack of attention and defiance is still there. Also, the medication takes 90 minutes to kick in. The doctor told me to give him a booster dose (10 mg. of Adderall) with the Vyvanse to kick in earlier, does not work.

September 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Review by haydenman4:

For ADHD: Vyvanse is amazing. I've had it for about 4 months now and it's worked better than any other medicine I've tried. I am able to focus on the stuff I am doing and am able to stick with a task. I highly recommend it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2010 5:26 PM

Review by kalola569:

For ADHD: My son (ADHD) has been on Vyvanse for about 3 years now, and I love it. He is 10 years old now. He started out on Focalin which he took for about 3 months and never seen a change in him. So his doctor switched him to Vyvanse and the very first day I noticed a change in him. Calm and relaxed, but not a zombie like I heard a lot of ADHD medicines do. He always made A's & B's but since on Vyvanse he has made all A's, I believe it's due to he is able to sit still in his seat and concentrate more. The only side effect I have seen in him is his appetite. He does not have one and is on the skinny side. But we found a way to get him to eat so hopefully he will gain amlittle. Other than that this medicine its WONDERFUL.

August 28, 2010 10:55 PM

Review by CGIX:

For ADHD: I love Vyvanse. It helps me concentrate and helps me in school to work faster and harder. When I get home I immediately start homework and then I just chill with the family until bedtime when I'm tired. I did have insomnia but that went away within about a week. Now I sleep like a baby again and it helped me finally start working out which I have been planning to do for almost 2 months now. Also, I went from struggling to get D's to easily making A's in all classes. I recommend this medicine.

August 24, 2010 8:08 PM

For ADHD: I'm 24, in gradschool and I've been taking the 70mg for about four months. At first I lost ten pounds but now have maintained my appetite. When I don't take it I do feel an uncontrollable desire to eat a lot. I have difficulty sleeping at night and sometimes won't fall asleep until 3 or 4 am, and I take the medicine as soon as I wake up. I think it works best a few hours after taking it. Feel no anxiety and accomplish a lot- but then wears off by the afternoon. Also I was prescribed an anti-depressant before but I feel this somewhat takes care of that. I still prefer taking Vyvanse now but I do think I'll stop for a while after graduating because I'm not sure about the long term effects.

August 14, 2010 7:22 PM

Review by dwiedrich:

For ADHD: My son is almost 7 years old and has ADHD. His Doctor put him on Strattera and Metadate CD 2 years ago. His behavior got worse and worse (Doctor even diagnosed him with ODD). I refused to believe that my child could control his behavior and I knew this was a result of his medicines. His Doctor kept saying no, he just needs more structure etc. I finally DEMANDED that we take him off both medicines and try something else. I insisted we try Vyvanse. The BEST thing I have ever done. My son is now a sweet, happy, normal little boy who rarely gives us problems. His appetite is back, he gets along great with other kids and we are amazed at the change in him. I highly recommend that other parents give this medication a try for their ADHD children.

August 12, 2010 9:45 AM

For ADHD: Amazing medication! My teenager has severe ADHD, and it has turned her life around! She is able to be her true self, but before her severe ADHD often overshadowed her great personality. She does have depression and anxiety but the Vyvanse does not cause that. The medicine did make her lose almost 25 pounds, and she was in 9th grade and she weighed 99 pounds. She was really small, and we almost had to take her off the medicine, but she eventually started gaining weight. She is still very small, but her weight is healthy. It does make her a bit more irritable, but it's nothing compared to the rage she had before the medicine. Vyvanse has finally been able to get rid of that ADHD, and help her think clearly, and be herself!

August 2, 2010 7:53 PM

Review by Imchad:

For ADHD: My son is on Vyvanse, now so am I. First, my head is clear for the first time ever. No 90 mile an hour uncontrollable though, no wondering ideas, no day dreaming. I don't feel drugged. In fact, I feel drugged when I'm not on medicines now. I didn't know what it was like to be "normal" prior to this medicine. The only issue I have is the stomach problems. Some slight stomach pain and bowel issues. I also stopped drinking caffeine and have adjusted my diet to be more well balanced. It's helped a lot. If you're new to Vyvanse, don't drink caffeine! Water only, and adjust your diet for high protein in the morning, it's a must. Change your diet and quick.

July 17, 2010 1:00 PM

For ADHD: This changed my life for the better! I am 35 and just got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD five days ago. I can focus and I don't feel like my brain is going 2,000 miles an hour. I remember things and can finish things I start in order. It's amazing!

July 13, 2010 5:11 PM

Review by butterflyz:

For ADHD: I'm 49 and I've been taking Vyvanse for three years. It does help somewhat, but it only last about five to six hours, probably less than that. I'm taking 20mg, which I think is too low, but my provider refuses to raise the dosage.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate