User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder 15 reviews 1 medications

8.5
ADHD 431 reviews 36 medications

8.1
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 446 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "My 6 yr old son just starting taking the medicine a week ago and has been over the top emotional, a lot of crying over nothing at his daycare during the day. He started at 10mg which did nothing but makes him cry so he went to 20mg for 3 days which seemed to work for about 2 days. Today we put him up to 30mg to see how it goes. I'm worried about the emotional side effects and really hope that it subsides."

Jay-bird (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2012

For ADHD "Vyvanse is the awesomest thing that ever happened to me 4 months ago. At first I would just stare at my teachers and try to listen to them but it would just go out the other ear. But sometimes I was just down the rabbit hole daydreaming. Also when I tried to REMEMBER stuff I would get distracted because that got too boring and moved on. But on Vyvanse I can concentrate with ease. I can REMEMBER stuff without even trying to. Nothing seems boring anymore in school but I hate it how it makes me sweat a lot like under the pits .. ALOT. For me there's a major loss of appetite like I don't eat anything once I'm on it beecause food doesn't sound, look or taste good. But I do get these random cravings."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2012

For ADHD "I'm a 24 year old recovering alcoholic and drug addict, I've been misdiagnosed by many doctors, been on several medications such as lithium and prozac (which I reacted horribly too and sometimes ended up in a psych hospitals) as a result of those misdiagnosis and I was untreated for ADHD my entire life since I was first diagnosed at the age of 9. I've been on Vyvanse for over a year now under the direction of a new doctor/addiction specialist and this medication has CHANGED MY LIFE. It has made me more focused and productive, more motivated, less hyper, less anxious; it has also CURED my insomnia. This is the real me: balanced, organized, articulate, focused and productive. So happy a doctor finally got my diagnosis right."

youuarehere (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2012

For ADHD "I can honestly say that Vyvanse changed my life. Was diagnosed with ADD at age of 35; my quality of life has improved dramatically with Vyvanse. I sometimes feel as if I should be a spokesperson for this as I rave about how much it has helped me. "

Anonymous April 29, 2012

For ADHD "My general physician first prescribed me Concerta (Intermediate dosage) and it seemed to make me feel depressed, anxious, and more obsessive (thought-wise anyway). I was then prescribed Adderall XR (10 mg) and found that I would feel more productive and relaxed earlier in the day upon taking it, but then the side effects really began to hit hard. I was hesitant to continue to try another stimulant because I was actually diagnosed with anxiety (by my psychiatrist) and mild depression and the stimulants seemed to heighten these symptoms. He then suggested that I try Vyvanse and he also put me on Atterax (for anxiety/allergies ---weird combination, I know) in addition to Prozac. Vyvanse has been a life-saver, mild side effects, and no "crash"."

JaxLawyer06 April 17, 2012

For ADHD "Our 8 yr old son was diagnosed with ADHD in Kindergarten. We tried everything. We left no stone unturned. We were referred to a great psychiatrist who listened to our concerns and advised us to start him on Vyvanse. He started in March 17. To say it has been a miracle is an understatement. While he is not yet a "A" student, he can now work independently, is not as frustrated, his handwriting has improved. His teachers are amazed at the turn around. I am only writing a review because I had read all the blogs and was terrified to say the least. This med so far has worked with only a few side effects that we are working on.ie;increased agitation when coming off of. His happiness and ability to learn is worth it"

happymomhappy son April 13, 2012

For ADHD "Ok, to begin with: Vyvanse has dramatically improved my life. I am a 20 year old college student and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 19. I have always been a bright student, cheerful person and an overall hard worker but Vyvanse has "improved" me. I feel that it allows me to monitor and control my thoughts and actions in a way I never seemed to be able to before. Effects I experience from Vyvanse: Improved concentration, ability to focus clearly on a subject or task at hand, ability to switch focus and not "obsess", improvements in grades, & ability to plan/schedule/prioritize activities. In the end I feel like Vyvanse has made the dream me reality, I can finally accomplish my goals."

Anonymous April 5, 2012

For ADHD "My experience was one of "thank goodness" until 17 days after. Now I am VERY irratable with little or no patience. I am seeing my doctor today for an update and will ask him to let me try (again) Dexedrine. I did not want to go off of it but I think because Vyvanse is new, well you can fill in the rest. The Dexedrine has been around for a long time and I feel it is above and beyond others with knowing what to expect all the time. Good luck to all of you. God Bless."

Suzannesun April 3, 2012

For ADHD "GREAT ADHD medication. ask for financial help. they give 12 month card that takes half off the cost of Vyvanse... take as directed."

wikid_juggalette69 March 19, 2012

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 19, and I'm now 23. I have a "severe" case as my psychologist & therapist would say in the 1 visit I met with them. I started out on Adderall and Adderall XR, but had to stop taking it due to the side effects like mood swings and Parkinson's like shaking in my hands. So my dr changed my meds to Vyvanse. I've been taking it for 1 yr and I no longer have mood swings or shake which is awesome because I don't think someone would like a shaking dental hygienist. I like Vyvanse because it still helps me concentrate, stay organized, and remember things that are told to me, but it wears off quickly. That is my only dislike about Vyvanse."

Anonymous March 4, 2012

For ADHD "I have been a mental health counselor for 37 years and have worked with ADHD for 25 Of all the medications Vyvanse is the best. It is important to start low 20 mg and then increase based on focus concentration and mid afternoon agitation. Expect very few side effects. Slight appetite loss but manageable. Very important to take it at 7am everyday. May want to hold off on weekends unless there is need to focus for study. Consider counseling to help stay on track and educate client and family regarding the fact that ADHD is a gift of creativity and out of the box thinking."

Lou Flohr LPC March 2, 2012

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I started taking this medicine about 2 years ago now. I am on the 40 mg dose and at first everything was great, my grades improved, I could focus in public. But now, my loss of appetite is crazy. I'm 13 and I only weigh 82 lbs. I become very short tempered with my friends and I get annoyed at the littlest things. It also brings my mood way down. When I'm on my medicine I feel depressed and anxious constantly. I still get my a's and b's in school but I don't think it's worth all the side affects."

Blonde wing February 22, 2012

For ADHD "My son is 9 yrs old and has been on Vyvanse for about 2 yrs or so and I have to say that its been a miracle medicine. I believe I finally got my baby boy back he also takes Intuniv as a booster pill....but my only problem is that he has chronic insomnia and no over the counter or prescribed medicine seem to make him fall asleep and stay asleep."

sasa8305 February 18, 2012

For ADHD "I am 20 years old and have been taking 60mg Vyvanse for a little more than 4 years now and It really helps me focus. It increases my attention span, clarity, and motivation without giving me jitters. However, I have experienced almost every side effect that comes with this medicine including insomnia, appetite loss, night time depression, flat-lined emotions throughout the day, ect. However, despite what you might think, there are ways around these bad side effects. Staying healthy is KEY. Making sure your keeping yourself hydrated and getting a good hour of exercise everyday can greatly reduce some of these bad side effects, and also hanging out with friends regularly helps too. This is just my experience though."

Anonymous February 15, 2012

For ADHD "Works great for me."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

For ADHD "My son started Vyvanse two weeks ago and the difference is incredible. He has never had behavioral issues and only suffers from ADD. He just couldn't concentrate or stay on task. Reading was a nightmare and he was barely managing to pass. We were scared of trying any medicines but are so glad that we did. He did experience a few side effects such as headaches and nausea the first few days, but those have passed. Most important, he is still my son, no zombies. Homework is easy and his teacher already reports better grades. I encourage any parent to at least try this medicine. It has improved our quality of life even. We have more time for fun stuff and I don't have to nag him constantly to do his normal chores. They get done the first time."

tracieweatherford February 12, 2012

For ADHD "I'm a 22 year old male with a horrible case of ADHD. In the past I've taken Adderall which made me absolutely nuts. Since starting Vyvanse I have noticed the euphoric high feeling is gone and the focused, mellow feeling kicking in. I take 70mg daily and it lasts me a solid 10 hours. Wish I had been on this medicine from the start!"

Anonymous February 11, 2012

For ADHD "I'm a 22 year old female who was diagnosed with ADHD Inattentive subtype following my freshman yr of college. I've been taking Vyvanse for 3 yrs now (initially 30 mg, now 50 mg) and finally feel like I'm living up to my potential. For the first time ever, I am able to stay organized, complete tasks and actually show up on time! My only complaints are lack of appetite throughout day (ravenous at night) and the desire for a cigarette for the first 2 hrs after it "kicks in" (never crave one when I'm not taking Vyvanse). "

kinsa00 January 30, 2012

For ADHD "I am an 18 years old and I have been taking this medication since I was 14. It helps me alot with concentration in fact without it I don't know how I would have graduated high school. While taking Vvyanse I have experienced all of its side effects which includes low and high blood presure, nervousness, uncontrolable body movemnets, numbness of my left side of the body etc., mostly because some days I would take it and then didn't take it for like a week so your body would have to get used to it all over again. I just recently had a baby and now am back on it again since I plan on going to College. "

Anonymous January 24, 2012

For ADHD "My 6 yo son was only on this 10 days before yanking him off of it. The first day he ate almost nothing, threw up by 5pm and was awake at least 3 hours after putting him to bed. That day and the next few days he talked incessantly and had dry mouth, but his ability to attend in school was a little better but only for maybe 4 hours tops. By the last 3 days, it was making him worse. He was very irritable and was literally bouncing off the walls, and made his impulsiveness even worse. He was crawling on the floor, biting his nails wildly, licking things...you name it. This was a kid that most other people never even knew had issues, but within a week on Vyvanse, he was definitely acting wild."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

For ADHD "I have been on Vyvanse for over a year, started at 20mg then 30,40,50 and decided 40mg was perfect for me. I am a college student and have always had undiagnosed ADHD. MY grades in high school were mostly C's and B's. After being on Vyvanse my grades went up. It was weird because I felt more over-stimulated Adderall type buzz/high feeling at 20 and 30mgs. I liked that feeling but I was having side effects like lack of sleep. I actually then upped my dose to 50mgs. Around that time I was holding 2 jobs and studying full time, 6 college classes. The 40 and 50mg actually made me feel more normal as if I wasn't taking anything except my mind was focused. I lacked side effects and everything was perfect. My grades are now 3.5GPA thanks to Vyvanse."

Anonymous January 17, 2012

For ADHD "I've been taking Vyvanse for about 2 years. It DOES help me concentrate in school, but the concentration comes at a cost. I feel zombie-fied and extremely anxious, even jittery at times but I don't feel hyper. Vyvanse also makes me feel really cold all the time."

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For ADHD "My 6 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD and started on Vyvanse 4 weeks ago. He has made HUGE strides in school. His teachers and I are all very impressed with what this medication has done for him academically. However, he has become an emotional wreck. If he isn't on auto-pilot or mentally checked out, he is snapping and yelling at people at the drop of a hat. He zones out, acts and appears to be "high" .. a shell of him himself. It breaks my heart to see my fun loving, humorous vibrant little boy become a drone so that he can be successful at school. He is on the lowest dose of 20mg."

Searching4Balance January 1, 2012

For ADHD "I have been taking Vyvanse for 3 months now I felt really good on the 30mg but it wasnt lasting all day so my Dr changed me to 40mg last month but I'm no longer able to take it due to the stomach aches and nausea I would get everyday. I'm now back on the 30mg and feeling great."

SaraAnne December 29, 2011

For ADHD "Vyvance is the 4th medicine we've tried for our 7 year old son's ADHD. He has been on Vyvance for close to a month now. With Vyvance, he still has a personality, it has a more natural, gradual start and end so he seems more balanced overall. With other medications, he would suddenly switch back to wild and impulsive as if you flipped a switch. The negative is that his appetite is definitely low. He has no interest in food during the day but gets hungry late at night. He is not falling asleep well at all, still awake after 2 hours of lying in bed. This is definitely due to the medication. He would always fall asleep within about 15 minutes. We've yet to find the right one, but this is definitely the best so far."

Anonymous December 29, 2011