User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 349 reviews 62 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 349 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

Review by ADHD meds:

For ADHD: I had found myself spacing out and getting very easily distracted in school. I would always talk and anything from a noise to something moving out the window would distract me and get me off task somehow. I also had trouble staying focused on assignments that took a descent amount of time to finish. I finally told my psychiatrist about it and he gave me Vyvanse 30mg. It helped me out A LOT. I stayed focused, and if I started an assignment I finished it but he gave me a script for 1 a day every morning but I found myself taking 2 a day sometimes so he gave me the 60mg Vyvanse. So now I take one 60mg Vyvanse a day and am fine. I don't get distracted anymore like I did. I find myself getting all my work done then talking instead of talking 1st.

September 17, 2010 5:26 AM

For ADHD: I am a 20 year old female. I have been taking 50mg Vyvanse for about 3 months or so. I started taking it during the summer and so my schedule of taking it was rather irregular which caused me to have insomnia and decrease my appetite. I have started school now and it works wonders. I am able to concentrate in class and I have motivation to actually do my homework. I even wish I were in school longer..strange I know. I have experienced the side effects from it, more recently though. I have noticed my heart will race for no real reason, I have become more irritable and on edge (although I'm pretty sure I was like that before), and I tend to get kind of agitated at very minuscule things.

September 16, 2010 12:11 AM

Review by B-rad-Da-Great:

For ADHD: Just started taking Vyvanse. Before I was taking Adderall 30mg XR and I'll tell you Vyvanse works so much better. Vyvanse stays active until it wears off. The only bad part is, sometimes it will stop working for like 5 minutes and then it will start working wonders again. It helps me get my work done and it helps me stay in control and very focused all day long while I'm working. Before I started taking Vyvanse I couldn't concentrate what so ever. And I would never get my work done. It also makes me feel the best that I have ever felt in my whole life. If it wasn't for Vyvanse I would probably be fired. I'm 24 and I finally get to enjoy life. To the people who made Vyvanse god bless you.

September 12, 2010 12:54 AM

Review by plainfieldmom:

For ADHD: I have gone through alot of medications so far and I am completely frustrated with the extended release medications. I was so happy to start my son on Vyvanse because of the advertisement stating it last for 12 hours. Not so, it last probably 5 hours, why take extended medication if you have to give an afternoon dose? He has been on up to 70 mg of Vyvanse for a year now and I am thinking of switching him to a different medication. Vyvanse does take care of his hyperactivity but, the lack of attention and defiance is still there. Also, the medication takes 90 minutes to kick in. The doctor told me to give him a booster dose (10 mg. of Adderall) with the Vyvanse to kick in earlier, does not work.

September 11, 2010 9:50 AM

Review by haydenman4:

For ADHD: Vyvanse is amazing. I've had it for about 4 months now and it's worked better than any other medicine I've tried. I am able to focus on the stuff I am doing and am able to stick with a task. I highly recommend it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2010 5:26 PM

Review by kalola569:

For ADHD: My son (ADHD) has been on Vyvanse for about 3 years now, and I love it. He is 10 years old now. He started out on Focalin which he took for about 3 months and never seen a change in him. So his doctor switched him to Vyvanse and the very first day I noticed a change in him. Calm and relaxed, but not a zombie like I heard a lot of ADHD medicines do. He always made A's & B's but since on Vyvanse he has made all A's, I believe it's due to he is able to sit still in his seat and concentrate more. The only side effect I have seen in him is his appetite. He does not have one and is on the skinny side. But we found a way to get him to eat so hopefully he will gain amlittle. Other than that this medicine its WONDERFUL.

August 28, 2010 10:55 PM

Review by CGIX:

For ADHD: I love Vyvanse. It helps me concentrate and helps me in school to work faster and harder. When I get home I immediately start homework and then I just chill with the family until bedtime when I'm tired. I did have insomnia but that went away within about a week. Now I sleep like a baby again and it helped me finally start working out which I have been planning to do for almost 2 months now. Also, I went from struggling to get D's to easily making A's in all classes. I recommend this medicine.

August 24, 2010 8:08 PM

For ADHD: I'm 24, in gradschool and I've been taking the 70mg for about four months. At first I lost ten pounds but now have maintained my appetite. When I don't take it I do feel an uncontrollable desire to eat a lot. I have difficulty sleeping at night and sometimes won't fall asleep until 3 or 4 am, and I take the medicine as soon as I wake up. I think it works best a few hours after taking it. Feel no anxiety and accomplish a lot- but then wears off by the afternoon. Also I was prescribed an anti-depressant before but I feel this somewhat takes care of that. I still prefer taking Vyvanse now but I do think I'll stop for a while after graduating because I'm not sure about the long term effects.

August 14, 2010 7:22 PM

Review by dwiedrich:

For ADHD: My son is almost 7 years old and has ADHD. His Doctor put him on Strattera and Metadate CD 2 years ago. His behavior got worse and worse (Doctor even diagnosed him with ODD). I refused to believe that my child could control his behavior and I knew this was a result of his medicines. His Doctor kept saying no, he just needs more structure etc. I finally DEMANDED that we take him off both medicines and try something else. I insisted we try Vyvanse. The BEST thing I have ever done. My son is now a sweet, happy, normal little boy who rarely gives us problems. His appetite is back, he gets along great with other kids and we are amazed at the change in him. I highly recommend that other parents give this medication a try for their ADHD children.

August 12, 2010 9:45 AM

For ADHD: Amazing medication! My teenager has severe ADHD, and it has turned her life around! She is able to be her true self, but before her severe ADHD often overshadowed her great personality. She does have depression and anxiety but the Vyvanse does not cause that. The medicine did make her lose almost 25 pounds, and she was in 9th grade and she weighed 99 pounds. She was really small, and we almost had to take her off the medicine, but she eventually started gaining weight. She is still very small, but her weight is healthy. It does make her a bit more irritable, but it's nothing compared to the rage she had before the medicine. Vyvanse has finally been able to get rid of that ADHD, and help her think clearly, and be herself!

August 2, 2010 7:53 PM

Review by Imchad:

For ADHD: My son is on Vyvanse, now so am I. First, my head is clear for the first time ever. No 90 mile an hour uncontrollable though, no wondering ideas, no day dreaming. I don't feel drugged. In fact, I feel drugged when I'm not on medicines now. I didn't know what it was like to be "normal" prior to this medicine. The only issue I have is the stomach problems. Some slight stomach pain and bowel issues. I also stopped drinking caffeine and have adjusted my diet to be more well balanced. It's helped a lot. If you're new to Vyvanse, don't drink caffeine! Water only, and adjust your diet for high protein in the morning, it's a must. Change your diet and quick.

July 17, 2010 1:00 PM

For ADHD: This changed my life for the better! I am 35 and just got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD five days ago. I can focus and I don't feel like my brain is going 2,000 miles an hour. I remember things and can finish things I start in order. It's amazing!

July 13, 2010 5:11 PM

Review by butterflyz:

For ADHD: I'm 49 and I've been taking Vyvanse for three years. It does help somewhat, but it only last about five to six hours, probably less than that. I'm taking 20mg, which I think is too low, but my provider refuses to raise the dosage.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2010 12:04 AM

For ADHD: My Son has been taking Vyvanse for about a year now 70mg but he was on other medications before this and although they helped, we had moved and the new doctor did not want to prescribe him anything but Vyvanse and after some research I actually found that Vyvanse is one of the best for ADHD. The only side effects he has had was loss of appetite and insomnia but he is taking something to help him sleep and he eats good in the morning before he takes his medicine just doesn't like eating lunch so I bribe him if he wants to go play games he must eat a snack just like an apple or something no more weight lose just a steady weight now. School has become so much easier for him with grades and the teachers see a great change in him.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2010 1:13 PM

For ADHD: I am 18, and alongside my ADD, I suffer from major depression disorder, objective defiant disorder, and major case anxiety. After an emotional breakdown on a school trip, my doctor started me back on my Zoloft and once I got that stabilized he started me on Vyvanse. We started at 40 and that worked while I was taking my Zoloft at night, but when I moved it to the morning, we had to up the dose to 60mg. I have experienced nausea, dizziness, increasing perspiration, and a little insomnia, but they don't last too long. I have also been struggling with weight pretty much my whole life. I started on May 2nd and I have lost a little over 20lbs.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2010 3:56 PM

Review by shemolla:

For ADHD: My 6 year old son (has autism) has switched to Vyvanse 20 mg from Ritalin. He has been on it for about 10 days now. He is calmer in the morning but very restless and irritable in the evening starting from late afternoon. I think it is a withdrawal effect. I have not seen any other side effect. Perhaps I will ask the doctor to increase the dose a bit. If there is anybody who think he/she has found the right dose please post it here.

June 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Review by Tweak.:

For ADHD: I am a 15 year old female. I started taking Vyvanse around 5 months ago. When I first started taking it I saw a difference immediately. I was always on 50mg. It made me very irritable and emotional the first times I took it. Currently, I've been taking this for a few months and it is starting to become less effective on me. I am now starting to double up my doses taking 50mg to 100mg a day. It gets me through the day and keeps me awake. Not to mention excellent grades in school.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2010 9:44 PM

For ADHD: It gets me going and keeps me focused.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2010 4:50 PM

Review by purplebutterfly1964:

For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: I have tried several medications for chronic fatigue syndrome and nothing seems to help more than an hour or two. Vyvanse is a wonderful medication for chronic daytime sleepiness and fatigue. I could not believe the amount of work I was able to get done. It does not make you feel "drugged" like other medications do. I felt like my old self again, before the days of CFS.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2010 6:41 PM

For ADHD: I am fifteen years old and started taking Vyvanse 30 mg dose in October. I moved to 50mg and am now at 70mg. At the lower dose I noticed definite improvement in my attention span and work ethic. On the 70mg I feel anxious, depressed, and I have headaches constantly. I feel like isolating myself socially from everyone else and am extremely moody. I do not recommend more than 50mg of this medication to anyone.

May 25, 2010 10:21 PM

Review by Adult ADD:

For ADHD: I started out with 50 mg and then went to 70mg. My blood pressure skyrocketed and I have always had low blood pressure. My doctor took me off of this immediately.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2010 12:55 AM

Review by GAmom:

For ADHD: My 7 year old son has been on Vyvanse for a little over a month. We have been well pleased with the overall outcome. He is now able to focus in school and actually sits down and completes his homework without argument. Much calmer in public, unlike before. Downside, he has lost 4 pounds in a month and becomes very emotional if taken off for the weekend and put back on. After 1 1/2 months, my son now has developed eye tics. We have stopped the medication and the eye tics are beginning to subside.

May 2, 2010 9:29 PM

For ADHD: I'm 48 years old and have three children. Two of which have ADHD. My son is 15 and started on 40mg of Vyvanse in January. The results have been amazing. He used to struggle to get D's and he was always getting in trouble at school for doing dumb impulsive things. His grades started coming up immediately and we never hear from the school about discipline problems. He's making A's and B's after 4 months. He's no longer forgetful and scatterbrained like before. He is as impressed as anyone with the results and wouldn't think of going a day without it.

April 21, 2010 5:19 PM

Review by Ceigeme:

For Narcolepsy: I have sleep apnea, and somewhere in the last 7 months developed narcolepsy. I almost lost my job, and spent 4.5 months on disability because I couldn't stay awake at my desk. I was falling asleep in my car, as a passenger and a driver, falling asleep at diner, on the phone, everywhere. So when I went back to work, I thought I was better, I had been treating my bi-polar with a lot of good medications, so I really felt ready to go back to work. Well about 2 days back to work I was falling asleep again. It was miserable. My sleep Dr wanted me to take a stimulant, and my Psychiatrist prescribed Vyvanse. The first 60 mg pill did nothing. I was falling asleep again. So my doctor advised me to take another 60 mg pill. It worked! I'm doing much better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2010 4:19 AM

Review by Jenistar:

For ADHD: I am a 39 yo woman, diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive type, this past summer, about three days after my son was diagnosed ADHD. After a consultation with a psychopharmacologist, I started taking Vyvanse about three months ago. I also take 100 mg of Neurontin 3x daily, which keeps any anxiety issues I may have (an issue that can be magnified by the Vyvanse) at bay. I couldn't be happier with the Vyvanse--started at 30 mg and am now at 50. Realizing that I had ADD changed my life--suddenly, my difficulties all made sense! The pill isn't magic--but taking it daily has given me the ability to use the tools I knew I should use and couldn't before (things like a calendar, or my checkbook register, or a budget, or a watch...).

March 20, 2010 9:56 PM