User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder 4 reviews 1 medications

8.2
ADHD 382 reviews 32 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 386 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "This medicine has changed my life. I am a 43 year old female, diagnosed as an adult with ADHD. I always knew I was meant for more than what I seemed capable of achieving - although I would by no means consider myself an underachiever. The statement "you don't know what you don't know" rings so true for me. Immediately upon starting this prescription my world changed. I was able to fully complete tasks, stay on schedule, CONCENTRATE, and prioritize...the list goes on and on. I wish I had a "before and after" photo of my home. The clutter, disorganization, and chaos is gone. My house very much symbolizes my brain. I feel like my mind has been freed from the "fog", and I am able to accomplish so much more now with much less stress."

asiansouthernbelle May 19, 2011

For ADHD "I am a 25 yr old woman, I've been on Vyvanse for about 1.5-2 yrs and I have had a great experience with it. I've always been a bright student and done pretty well in school, I got by in high school but found myself struggling in college. I got diagnosed with ADHD, tried Strattera, tried Concerta to no effect. New doctor suggested Vyvanse, I started at a 30 mg, I'm up to 70 mg a day but have been steady on that dose for at least a year. It has decreased my appetite, but I also started p90x not long after I started taking this drug so I'm not sure which is more responsible for my weight loss. Besides that, no real side effects just helps me focus and concentrate on whatever I am supposed to be doing (and not just daydream)."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

For ADHD "After being diagnosed with ADHD when I was eleven and being on Adderall XR for nine years I have to say Vyvanse is the best thing that has happened to me. The last year in college Adderall made me anxious, suspicious, and generally unhappy. So after several trials with Ritalin and Cymbalta, I am proud to say that I am doing much better on Vyvanse and my grades were awesome this semester. Two A's, two B's and a C! Much better than two B's and three C's. I am on 40mg of Vyvanse. I did lose 20lbs during the first two months but I gained it back. I also do have some trouble eating in the afternoons but when the medicine wears off, which I never notice haha, I am able to eat quite a bit of food. Overall, Vyvanse is an amazing choice."

Cosmopop May 18, 2011

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was in the first grade. At the advice of his then doctor we did not treat him with any medications. My son is the sweetest, kindest kid and wanted to please everyone (teachers, parents, etc). However, he struggled so much with academics and general life organization. Homework time was a nightmare. By the time he was in 4th grade I broke down and took him to a doctor to try medications because something HAD to change. Vyvance has changed his life for the better. All of his grades went up in a matter of weeks, his homework is completed correctly and neatly before I even get home, and he will even tell you he feels better in general. He also tried Adderrall but that just made him very hostile."

Micah'sMom May 17, 2011

For ADHD "I have tried every AD(H)D pill known so far. I started in grade 4 and went off them in grade 7. I am weird as far as medicine goes and it never worked as intended, side effects for other pills were things such as no free will, not remembering anything that I did for 3 years, no control of self awareness or recollection of my actions, fainting or passing out without warning. I went off the pills in grade 7 due to mental and physical health issues and concerns. Decided to take the pills again because I need them to graduate, started on Vyvasne. It is 1000X times better than any other pill that I have tried over the years. Biggest problems is lack of appetite (went 26 hours without eating without realizing it) started on 80MG by mistake."

Brett Clifford May 16, 2011

For ADHD "We couldn't be more pleased with this medication. My 9 year old son was previously on Concerta and Metadate CD. Although those medications were effective, Vyvanse has greatly out performed both. The most significant side effect has been lack of appetite. We encourage a late meal so that he can make up for what he has missed throughout the day. His weight seems to be holding steady following an initial weight loss of 6 pounds. This is a medication worth trying!"

Anonymous May 10, 2011

For ADHD "My son is 13 and has been on several ADHD medications. I liked the Vyvance at first because I did see an improvement in his ability to sit and listen and pay attention, however it didn't last long enough. The doctor has increased the dosage several time and now he is up to 60mg daily. The problem is that he has lost over 20lbs because he simply won't eat and now it seems after four months on this medicine its like his body has adapted to it and he is super hyper. I spoke to the doctor about it and he said he can do real damage at his age with the weight loss and not eating and that the stimulant is actually wiring him up. We are going to take him off of the Vyvanse and put him on a non stimulant medication."

Anonymous April 26, 2011

For ADHD "Im a 19 year old male. I struggled through school my whole life but still tested past most my classmates. I was diagnosed with ADHD last year and was on a different medication that really didn't work and then a month ago my doctor prescribed Vyvanse and it has changed my life so much. I recommend that every person with ADHD try it out. Its amazing. The only real side effect I have is I'm a little more irritable."

cannoncox April 13, 2011

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD in the middle of my 9th grade year. My parents noticed I have failed more classes than passed the past years. It turns out I have ADHD, I was started off on 50mg which automatically kept me calm, quiet and eager to pay attention and learn. I passed all my classes my 9th grade year. Currently, I'm almost complete with 10th grade. I am passing everything and doing an excellent job keeping up with school, homework and my job. I've gone from 50mg to 70mg. I didn't think I could feel the need to take this so much. When I don't take it, I can't hold my eyes open. I binge eat in bed, half asleep. But this does keep your mind off hunger, I went from 190lbs to 125lbs in a year."

Anonymous April 10, 2011

For ADHD "My son was on Vyvanse for 3 years. At first the side effects were the normal irritability, obsessive thoughts and anxiety only on the days he took the drug. His concentration and grades improved so the benefits outweighed the side effects. The last year though he was increasingly negative, obsessing over negative thoughts, anxious and paranoid only on the days he took it. I think the side effects can affect kids more or less as they grow. He was very depressed for a 10 year old. Since he's been off he's been happier!! I think positive thoughts are more important than grades since we all know where negative thoughts leads to down the road if left unchecked. Overall the medicine is not bad but keep a close eye on behavior."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

For ADHD "I am 24 years old (female). I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 11. Over the years, I tried Adderall, Concerta, and Straterra none of them really worked all that great. But I spent 8 years on Ritalin. When I was a 20, I was taking 60 mg of Ritalin a day, and was failing all my classes. My doctor switched me to 70 mg of Vyvanse (started out at 70mg since I had been on a high dose of Ritalin for so long), and it was like magic! I started getting all A's and became more productive at work. The only bad things about the medicine are some of the side effects. I've noticed that gum helps with the dry mouth compared to just drinking water. Suffer from anxiety and insomnia now but take Celexa for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia. But all is good."

Anonymous April 5, 2011

For ADHD "It helps a lot with paying attention, On 30mg once a day and it works up until about 7th-8th hour (5 hours after taking it) and for me suppresses my appetite so I don't care if I eat or not. Stomach still rumbles though. No other ill effects. I would recommend it. No jitteriness as with other stimulants such as Ritalin/Focalin. I feel much more like myself then on other medicines."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

For ADHD "This medication has changed my life. I've always tested very well but never was able to do mundane tasks. My teachers were always mad that I got Fs but made perfect scores on state tests since I was a kid. I was diagnosed ADHD last year. Concerta didn't work unless I soaked it in hot water and bit it in half. Adderall made me a complete genius and all I did was study and read. But I guess I was really mean to people and I got anger problems and paranoia. Vyvanse makes me feel like I'm on top of everything and that I can do something with my life. I care about my future and I haven't cut myself in over a year. It has helped with my depression that was caused by the ADHD."

17 yr old girl March 14, 2011

For ADHD "I am 21 yrs old and work and am a full time nursing student. This medication has affected my personality. I am usually a bright bubbly person and don't take anything too personal. After a week of this medicine (40 mg) I noticed I'm snapping at people over absolutely nothing. I feel like I've become bipolar, one moment I'll be beyond happy and focused, the next irritated, then angry. Then crying over nothing. I've become mouthy to my instructors and don't like long conversations anymore. People seem to irritate me and there's only a few that I can stand being around for a long period of time. I've already made mean remarks to some of my fellow students, which isn't me at ALL. Maybe this medication isn't for everyone."

AshSPNBMC March 3, 2011

For ADHD "I'm 16 yr old female and was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6. I was on Ritalin, then something else, then Concerta and it was hard. I had major depression, lack of sleep, lack of appetite and the ability to feel any emotion was gone. Yes I'm an A student but I was not happy, so I tried Vyvance. It doesn't last as long but I am happier. I can feel emotion now and I'm still getting A's and B's."

Anonymous March 1, 2011

For ADHD "I was having my son tested for ADD and the doctor ended up suggesting I get tested also. I am a 39 yr old male. I always new I was capable of more, I always felt fairly intelligent. I always had issues recalling details of projects and a roller coaster ride of motivation. I would wait until I have the pressure of the timeline closing before acting. I have become a dynamo at work and home. Instead of thinking about 100 different details of multiple projects all at once, I am able to focus on one at a time, but I have to stay organized because I can see details of something and I can't help but work on it because I get excited I can see everything so clearly. I get dry mouth and have trouble winding down at night. Can't stop working."

Anonymous February 22, 2011

For ADHD "I've started taking Vyvanse about a year ago and for the first six months it was fantastic, I could concentrate and my grades were stellar. I was noticing some depression and random bouts of anger, but I just shrugged it off because it had been a rough school year. However, around September 2010 I ran out and the doctor couldn't see me until december (I know, it's crazy). Of course, I couldn't concentrate as well but my mood improved considerably, I was actually happy. I started taking it again in January and on the second day, I saw an ex-girlfriend that I still really liked and I almost broke down in tears. The drug does it's job, but for my personal experience it has played with my emotions. "

Anonymous February 6, 2011

For ADHD "I'm 16 and I've taken Vyvanse for months now and it helps a lot with minimal side effects. My mouth does get dry and I become less social but other than that its preferable to Ritalin, as Ritalin is much less smooth in terms of kicking in and wearing off and lasts a lot shorter."

timmy34 February 1, 2011

For ADHD "I'm a 24 year old female who was diagnosed with ADD last July. I've been on Ritalin, Adderall and now Vyvanse. I started off on Vyvanse 30 mg about a month ago. It didn't do a thing for me. My doctor upped my dosage to 50 mg a little over a week ago. Since then things haven't been too pretty. My mind is clear, which is great but I'm completely unmotivated to do anything. I don't want to clean. I don't want to leave my house. I don't want to do anything. I feel exhausted. I guess it's like a zombie like state that I wouldn't mind if I didn't have a child and a house to care for. I'm hoping my doctor will switch me to Adderall XR. I've always lacked energy and this definitely isn't helping."

messy mind January 26, 2011

For ADHD "Wish my parents would have figured this out for me when I was in School. I found out Vyvanse really helps me with my attention problems (focusing mainly). I have been taking Vyvanse for 1 year now and I'm 43. My daughter who has had attention with focusing since 2nd grade struggled all the way through high school with no medicine to help. She started college 1 year ago (when we both started taking Vyvanse) and she now is enjoying college with excellent grades even winning awards for student of the quarter and being selected for some honor club! Oh by the way in high school she was making c,d and f's and dropped out her senior year but did get her GED. She says she never new she was smart but now realizes she just couldn't pay attention."

traindriver January 26, 2011

For ADHD "My 7 year old son was recently diagnosed as ADHD and I was really hesitant to put him on medicines but when I took him to the doctor she said yes no doubt he had ADHD so they put him on Vyvanse at 30 mg. The first day and I was ready to cry myself. It was like he had eaten a whole gallon of ice cream he could not stop talking and did not sleep the first 2 nights, but I am really happy with the outcome. He is so much better. I can hear my thoughts now so I am a believer in the medicines it worked for him."

manerd January 17, 2011

For ADHD "My son is 14 and although he had signs of ADHD it was clearly obvious when he got in High school and started to struggle more than ever. I dont need to go into all his symptoms because he has so many and wish I did not wait so long to wake up and smell the coffee (if you know what I mean). Anyway I went to the Doctor and after all my research I asked the doc (I am a nurse by the way) if we could try Vyvanse and he said yes, that is after he determined that "Yes" he has ADHD. The first week back at school (after break) the teachers could not believe the change in him. In Algebra(before medicine) he was flunking all his tests and today he sent me a text that he got his first "A". The knowledge was all there, it just needed help to be released."

RobinfromSD January 10, 2011

For ADHD "My 11 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive in August 2010 and we tried Concerta 36mg and it did nothing. The pediatrician prescribed Vyvanse 40mg to start, and what a difference! My son can now listen, focus, pay attention, concentrate at home and at school and can better manage his behaviors, thoughts and words. We are very happy with the results. He didn't lose appetite or weight, and has no side effects thus far. We are more than happy to have found a prescription that works for him so that he can function normally on a day to day basis."

Kari M January 6, 2011

For ADHD "My 7 year old son started Vyvanse about 3 weeks ago. The first day he took a 30 mg dose which made him like a zombie all day and absolutely manic all night. He literally stayed up all night and ran up and down the hall and talked incessantly. At the end of my rope at 7 am I paged his doctor. We lowered the dose to 15 mg. He seemed initially to do better on the 15mg and was doing well in school. He became more aggressive and started having OCD behaviors of constantly washing his hands (I counted 30 times in an hour) and crying and staying up all night. Last night he stayed up until 4:30 am and I was at my wits end. So today his doctor is switching him to another medication but we may try it in a combination."

W's Mom December 30, 2010

For ADHD "I have been taking this medicine for my ADHD and in the first couple of days I have lost five pounds. I don't know if this is normal and I am trying to find that out. I also have stomach aches all day long with loss of appetite. I'll get lightheaded some times. But it does help me concentrate on what I am doing and say focused."

Anonymous December 20, 2010