User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder 5 reviews 1 medications

8.6
ADHD 391 reviews 32 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 396 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "My daughter is 8 years old and have been taking medicines since she was almost 4. She has been on a lot of different medicines. I am just wondering if her sudden outburst of happy, sad violent behavior is due to the doctors increasing her Vyvanse from 20mg to start with 1 year ago to 70mg which is what she is taking today."

losing hope July 20, 2011

For ADHD "From the day I started taking Vyvanse 2 months ago, I have become less impulsive, more organized, am completing past undone projects, can follow a difficult discussion longer without irritation, watch TV less, decisions are easier, and I've lost 20 pounds moving from 210 pounds to 190 with less compulsion to eat. Food has lost some of its interruptive attraction. I sleep my 7-8 hours and go all day instead of working mornings with lots of coffee and slumping in the afternoon."

AnnV July 18, 2011

For ADHD "My daughter just turned 7 years old and we started her on Vyvanse about 2 months ago as she was diagnosed with ADHD. After two months (this week) I called the doctor and stopped the medication as she has lost so much weight from not eating, and was sleeping ALL THE TIME! My daughter never took naps and would wake up at 6:30 a.m. religiously every morning on her own, but after we started her on the medicine, she falls asleep standing up and cannot wake her up in the mornings. We fight just to get her to eat things she likes and to no prevail. I know it might not be the medicine for her and in fact I am going to try a Non-Stimulant ADHD medication before we stop these medicines over all. "

Vinnie C. July 13, 2011

For ADHD "Best ADHD medication I have taken. All the pros of Adderall without the crash or mood swings. However sometimes if I haven't taken it for a few days, when I take it again I get horrible migraines at night."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

For ADHD "My 6 yr old son started on an ADHD regimen about 8 months ago. We started on Concerta, increased dosage 3 different times, and switched to Vyvanase. We have increased it to 30 mg and it still is not working. However, now the moodiness, extreme sadness, and impulsiveness is much worse while on Vyvanse. I really am considering just dealing with the ADHD without medicinal help. I feel sorry for the little guy. This is not what I want him to be like."

ADHD concerned mom June 26, 2011

For ADHD "I am a 32 year old. I have been on Vyvanse for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I have never been diagnosed with ADD and about 2 months ago I was given Straterra first. I hated that. My Doctor switched me to 30mg Vyvanse and the first day I noticed a difference. It lasted me about 10-12 hrs. My appetite went down a little but nothing to bad. Other than that there are no other side effects for me. I would definitely recommend Vyvanse."

Anonymous June 11, 2011

For ADHD "I am 18 years old and just graduated high school, all of my life I have had issues with going to school and getting things done. Always had great grades the first months of the school year then they would drop to C's, D's or failing. I was put on Vyvanse 1 day before my 18th birthday and it completely changed my life. Not only am I a much happier person, but I actually take interest in things and like finishing things I start! I have noticed some weight loss, but my appetite is and always will be still there. I'd really love to thank whoever discovered the wonderful prescription Vyvanse!"

Anonymous June 7, 2011

For Asperger Syndrome "I have a 22 yo Aspergar syndrome son who has been taking Vyvanse for about 6 months now, and it has been wonderful. He is able to focus much more easier. I also have an 18 yo daughter without Asperger Syndrome that takes it for A.D.D. She tells me she noticed the difference in her ability to focus in about 3 doses. She is starting her second year of Fashion School and she is maintaining a B average for all 5 of her classes. Wonderful medication without any harmful side effects. Wish we had it sooner."

MaggieV June 1, 2011

For ADHD "Vyvanse has been wonderful for me. I take it along with the anti-depressant Lexapro and the two medications work wonderfully together. I am a full time college student. I have been taking Vyvanse for about 8 months and I don't know what I would do without it now. I am focused and my mind is not racing a million miles an hour. I did about a year of school without it and I was an A, B, C student, but now I am mostly making A's with the occasional B."

Anonymous May 31, 2011

For ADHD "It would be nice if everyone put the dosage in the message. There could be a correlation to the score and the age of the child. I have noticed age is usually there but if you were to list dosage, age, and sex - it would be great."

Sammmmy May 25, 2011

For ADHD "This medicine has changed my life. I am a 43 year old female, diagnosed as an adult with ADHD. I always knew I was meant for more than what I seemed capable of achieving - although I would by no means consider myself an underachiever. The statement "you don't know what you don't know" rings so true for me. Immediately upon starting this prescription my world changed. I was able to fully complete tasks, stay on schedule, CONCENTRATE, and prioritize...the list goes on and on. I wish I had a "before and after" photo of my home. The clutter, disorganization, and chaos is gone. My house very much symbolizes my brain. I feel like my mind has been freed from the "fog", and I am able to accomplish so much more now with much less stress."

asiansouthernbelle May 19, 2011

For ADHD "I am a 25 yr old woman, I've been on Vyvanse for about 1.5-2 yrs and I have had a great experience with it. I've always been a bright student and done pretty well in school, I got by in high school but found myself struggling in college. I got diagnosed with ADHD, tried Strattera, tried Concerta to no effect. New doctor suggested Vyvanse, I started at a 30 mg, I'm up to 70 mg a day but have been steady on that dose for at least a year. It has decreased my appetite, but I also started p90x not long after I started taking this drug so I'm not sure which is more responsible for my weight loss. Besides that, no real side effects just helps me focus and concentrate on whatever I am supposed to be doing (and not just daydream)."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

For ADHD "After being diagnosed with ADHD when I was eleven and being on Adderall XR for nine years I have to say Vyvanse is the best thing that has happened to me. The last year in college Adderall made me anxious, suspicious, and generally unhappy. So after several trials with Ritalin and Cymbalta, I am proud to say that I am doing much better on Vyvanse and my grades were awesome this semester. Two A's, two B's and a C! Much better than two B's and three C's. I am on 40mg of Vyvanse. I did lose 20lbs during the first two months but I gained it back. I also do have some trouble eating in the afternoons but when the medicine wears off, which I never notice haha, I am able to eat quite a bit of food. Overall, Vyvanse is an amazing choice."

Cosmopop May 18, 2011

For ADHD "My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was in the first grade. At the advice of his then doctor we did not treat him with any medications. My son is the sweetest, kindest kid and wanted to please everyone (teachers, parents, etc). However, he struggled so much with academics and general life organization. Homework time was a nightmare. By the time he was in 4th grade I broke down and took him to a doctor to try medications because something HAD to change. Vyvance has changed his life for the better. All of his grades went up in a matter of weeks, his homework is completed correctly and neatly before I even get home, and he will even tell you he feels better in general. He also tried Adderrall but that just made him very hostile."

Micah'sMom May 17, 2011

For ADHD "I have tried every AD(H)D pill known so far. I started in grade 4 and went off them in grade 7. I am weird as far as medicine goes and it never worked as intended, side effects for other pills were things such as no free will, not remembering anything that I did for 3 years, no control of self awareness or recollection of my actions, fainting or passing out without warning. I went off the pills in grade 7 due to mental and physical health issues and concerns. Decided to take the pills again because I need them to graduate, started on Vyvasne. It is 1000X times better than any other pill that I have tried over the years. Biggest problems is lack of appetite (went 26 hours without eating without realizing it) started on 80MG by mistake."

Brett Clifford May 16, 2011

For ADHD "We couldn't be more pleased with this medication. My 9 year old son was previously on Concerta and Metadate CD. Although those medications were effective, Vyvanse has greatly out performed both. The most significant side effect has been lack of appetite. We encourage a late meal so that he can make up for what he has missed throughout the day. His weight seems to be holding steady following an initial weight loss of 6 pounds. This is a medication worth trying!"

Anonymous May 10, 2011

For ADHD "My son is 13 and has been on several ADHD medications. I liked the Vyvance at first because I did see an improvement in his ability to sit and listen and pay attention, however it didn't last long enough. The doctor has increased the dosage several time and now he is up to 60mg daily. The problem is that he has lost over 20lbs because he simply won't eat and now it seems after four months on this medicine its like his body has adapted to it and he is super hyper. I spoke to the doctor about it and he said he can do real damage at his age with the weight loss and not eating and that the stimulant is actually wiring him up. We are going to take him off of the Vyvanse and put him on a non stimulant medication."

Anonymous April 26, 2011

For ADHD "Im a 19 year old male. I struggled through school my whole life but still tested past most my classmates. I was diagnosed with ADHD last year and was on a different medication that really didn't work and then a month ago my doctor prescribed Vyvanse and it has changed my life so much. I recommend that every person with ADHD try it out. Its amazing. The only real side effect I have is I'm a little more irritable."

cannoncox April 13, 2011

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD in the middle of my 9th grade year. My parents noticed I have failed more classes than passed the past years. It turns out I have ADHD, I was started off on 50mg which automatically kept me calm, quiet and eager to pay attention and learn. I passed all my classes my 9th grade year. Currently, I'm almost complete with 10th grade. I am passing everything and doing an excellent job keeping up with school, homework and my job. I've gone from 50mg to 70mg. I didn't think I could feel the need to take this so much. When I don't take it, I can't hold my eyes open. I binge eat in bed, half asleep. But this does keep your mind off hunger, I went from 190lbs to 125lbs in a year."

Anonymous April 10, 2011

For ADHD "My son was on Vyvanse for 3 years. At first the side effects were the normal irritability, obsessive thoughts and anxiety only on the days he took the drug. His concentration and grades improved so the benefits outweighed the side effects. The last year though he was increasingly negative, obsessing over negative thoughts, anxious and paranoid only on the days he took it. I think the side effects can affect kids more or less as they grow. He was very depressed for a 10 year old. Since he's been off he's been happier!! I think positive thoughts are more important than grades since we all know where negative thoughts leads to down the road if left unchecked. Overall the medicine is not bad but keep a close eye on behavior."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

For ADHD "I am 24 years old (female). I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 11. Over the years, I tried Adderall, Concerta, and Straterra none of them really worked all that great. But I spent 8 years on Ritalin. When I was a 20, I was taking 60 mg of Ritalin a day, and was failing all my classes. My doctor switched me to 70 mg of Vyvanse (started out at 70mg since I had been on a high dose of Ritalin for so long), and it was like magic! I started getting all A's and became more productive at work. The only bad things about the medicine are some of the side effects. I've noticed that gum helps with the dry mouth compared to just drinking water. Suffer from anxiety and insomnia now but take Celexa for anxiety and Ambien for insomnia. But all is good."

Anonymous April 5, 2011

For ADHD "It helps a lot with paying attention, On 30mg once a day and it works up until about 7th-8th hour (5 hours after taking it) and for me suppresses my appetite so I don't care if I eat or not. Stomach still rumbles though. No other ill effects. I would recommend it. No jitteriness as with other stimulants such as Ritalin/Focalin. I feel much more like myself then on other medicines."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

For ADHD "This medication has changed my life. I've always tested very well but never was able to do mundane tasks. My teachers were always mad that I got Fs but made perfect scores on state tests since I was a kid. I was diagnosed ADHD last year. Concerta didn't work unless I soaked it in hot water and bit it in half. Adderall made me a complete genius and all I did was study and read. But I guess I was really mean to people and I got anger problems and paranoia. Vyvanse makes me feel like I'm on top of everything and that I can do something with my life. I care about my future and I haven't cut myself in over a year. It has helped with my depression that was caused by the ADHD."

17 yr old girl March 14, 2011

For ADHD "I am 21 yrs old and work and am a full time nursing student. This medication has affected my personality. I am usually a bright bubbly person and don't take anything too personal. After a week of this medicine (40 mg) I noticed I'm snapping at people over absolutely nothing. I feel like I've become bipolar, one moment I'll be beyond happy and focused, the next irritated, then angry. Then crying over nothing. I've become mouthy to my instructors and don't like long conversations anymore. People seem to irritate me and there's only a few that I can stand being around for a long period of time. I've already made mean remarks to some of my fellow students, which isn't me at ALL. Maybe this medication isn't for everyone."

AshSPNBMC March 3, 2011

For ADHD "I'm 16 yr old female and was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6. I was on Ritalin, then something else, then Concerta and it was hard. I had major depression, lack of sleep, lack of appetite and the ability to feel any emotion was gone. Yes I'm an A student but I was not happy, so I tried Vyvance. It doesn't last as long but I am happier. I can feel emotion now and I'm still getting A's and B's."

Anonymous March 1, 2011