User Reviews for Vyvanse (Page 9)

Learn more about Vyvanse.

Binge Eating Disorder 21 reviews 1 medications

ADHD 457 reviews 36 medications

Summary of Vyvanse reviews 478 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Vyvanse

For ADHD "I am a 50 y/o f just recently diagnosed with ADHD. My 32 y/o was diagnosed just 2 or 3 yrs ago. I have always been forgetful, impatient, unable to focus, misplaced items, etc. I went back to college 2 1/2 yrs ago and did excellent, but it was very hard even though I studied and knew the material it was the same in HS. I realized something was changing in my ability to learn and saw a doc on adults w/ADD & ADHD, realized it was hereditary, got tested and BAM. I've been on the initial 30 mg a day for a month. I feel sure doc will increase the dosage due to how long it lasts. But, It's GREAT, completely changed my life. I have a small decrease in appetite, must take it early to negate insomnia otherwise, awesome med."

Salemgirl63 April 12, 2013

For ADHD "I am a high school student (10 grade). Today was my first day taking Vyvanse and I feel like a totally different person! I was very stressed about school because I couldn't concentrate and making bad grades isn't fun so it made me a little depressed. I noticed that I actually felt like doing work (never thought that would happen) and instead of finishing my episode of Teen mom 2 I was eager to do my homework instead! At night I got about an hour of sleep then was up for about 8 hours until it was time to go to school and I forgot to eat the whole day it's just food didn't sound good at all and it gave me so much energy especially because we had to run the mile at school and I ran it very fast because it changes your whole mindset."

Young nigga April 10, 2013

For ADHD "I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 6. I am now 26 years old and just 3 years ago I wanted to be retested just to make sure if I even still have ADHD as bad as I did when I was a kid and of course it hasn't toned down. I have taken Ritalon and it made me very angry at night and a zombie by day. I have also taken Adderral, which I like and maybe might switch back. Vyvanse really helps me focus gives me a positive attitude and more energy but I get the worst migraines at night every night. Ritalin gave me headaches as well and I can barely sleep. I thought maybe I needed a new mattress so I bought a great one and still waking up a thousand times a night. It has its pros and cons like everything else."

kimberly87 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 27, 2013

For ADHD "So far so good, I recently started Vyvanse and it has been wonderful I am really seeing a difference. The only side effect I have experienced is dry mouth and I did not drink enough water anyway so I have had a very positive experience."

matt8020 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2013

For ADHD "I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid. I've tried all sorts of medications, (two type of Adderall and I don't even remember what else). Around two years ago, my doctor decided to switch me to Vyvanse. It is effective, I won't lie, but the side effects make it less than desirable. I am a 17 year old on a 7 year old's dosage and it still causes me to have mood swings, become irritable and antisocial, and kills my appetite. If I happen to be stressed out, on my period, and on Vyvanse on the same time (both tantrums and objects will be thrown). I've taken to using it on an as needed basis. It's not as effective this way, and my doctor doesn't like it, but at least I can balance academics and a social life this way."

bubbly_when_unmedicated (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 23 year old female, recently diagnosed with ADD. Thanks to my amazing doctor, he discovered my problem was actually not anxiety (like I've been told my entire life), but actually ADD. Makes complete sense. Always been a horrible student, and have had to work my butt off in college. Vyvanse is amazing: gives me energy, do not have to nap every day, my thoughts and emotions are very thought out, have already improved in school. I actually hear people when they talk to me now! I am much more social, relaxed, and confident. I feel like myself with Vyvanse. Only downfall- makes me really tired when it wears off in the evening and I cannot drink more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee during the day, or else I get very anxious!"

Anonymous March 12, 2013

For ADHD "This worked amazing with my son. Our biggest problem was he didn't want to eat and lost a lot of weight."

Dom's mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2013

For ADHD "I was on Ritalin/Concerta since I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6 (I am now 18). I switched to Strattera last September, and that was horrible, didn't do a thing for my ADHD. I went back on Concerta, but noticed it wasn't working as well. My psychiatrist switched me to Vyvanse 40mg in the morning, and I immediately noticed the benefits, 100% better than Concerta and 400000% better than Strattera. Only side effects is lack of appetite but I am welcoming that side effect because I also suffer from binge eating disorder. It helps my concentration immensely (I suffer with severe ADHD, to the point it's hard to have a conversation without zoning out and not listening). Vyvanse is a life saver!"

Austndale (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2013

For ADHD "My 7 year old was placed on this for ADHD. Although it did wonders for his academic progress as if a light was instantly turned on. His personality changed. He went from occasional outbursts to full blown temper tantrums, hitting, swearing. Like he was posessed by the devil. He couldn't sleep for days. Needless to say he is off it. We are now trying foclain. Not as many emotional problems. But not as focused. We'll hopefully find the right one."

Kentucky kid (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013

For ADHD "I started taking this my senior year in high school, and after 6 months on it, my GPA has come up at least 1 point! I take it during the week, and I have no problems with headaches or loss of appetite, and it helps wake me up and keep me up. I love it!"

Shadow walker February 24, 2013

For ADHD "This medication has increased my school performance greatly! I have experienced the weight loss and lower libido ALOT. But overall it's really great. I needed to lose weight anyway..."

cures (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2013

For ADHD "My 9 year old son has been on Vyvanse for five years now he started out with 20mg he is now up to 70mg it works great my 5yr old little girl was just put on Vyvanse 40mg after trying numerous other ADHD medicines. It works well, I was on Ritalin for 25 years. I did not want my kids on that so glad the Vyvanse works."

tarayn (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 18, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 30 year old woman, recently diagnosed with ADD. I always knew there was an issue there because I have always been extremely irritable/short-fused, indecisive, impatient, impulsive, forgetful, anxious, etc. I somehow busted my butt through school and even managed to get my Bachelors degree but this came with re-reading lines of texts, taking several breaks while studying, and telling myself to focus constantly. I usually stare at someone talking but don't know what was said because I was thinking of something else completely. I couldn't remember movies or conversations to save my life. Docs said it was anxiety and increased the dose constantly. At 30mg and 4 days on Vyvanse, I feel great. Only headaches here and there but I'm hopeful!"

30 year old with ADD January 31, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "I am productive but I am not myself, I can't sleep. I stay up for days on end because there is so much I have to do. My body just wants rest, my pulse is pounding behind my eyes. I can't remember the last time my body or my mind allowed me to eat, hunger is a distant memory. I am gregarious in conversations and go off like Charlie Sheen. I have stayed up for days, until white walls turned orange. I have been on Vyvanse for a year and before that Medidate, Stratera, Concerta, Daytrana, Ritalin, Adderall. I don't know who I am outside of my daily dose because I've been fed since I was 9, I'm 21 now. I have a 4.0 GPA, I am miserable. None of these are good, the alternative is worse."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For ADHD "After entering into a rigorous educational program where I am in the operating room for hours at a time, I realized I needed to see my doctor for my ADHD. I first tried Adderall XR. I had severe side effects, nearing a heart attack. I went back to the doctor and was prescribed Vyvanse. I also have a history of anxiety and some depression. Vyvanse has been amazing! I can focus and my anxiety is nearly gone. I will say that I had more focus with Adderall, but an unnecessary amount of focus. I feel normal on Vyvanse, like I am not on medication. My heart rate does increase during the first couple of hours. I also have to time the dose just right or I will either not sleep or the meds will wear off too soon."

C.McGee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2013

For ADHD "I am a 17 year old junior and I started taking Vyvanse in 9th grade. I'm not saying it doesn't work because I went from any average student to where B's are a disappointment to my mom. But I haven't had much of a social life anymore, the people at my lunch table think I'm anorexic and I don't sleep most nights. I get headaches constantly and I'm tired of this. I tried other medicines but my mom said nothing works as good. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2013

For ADHD "Then put me on 20mg, and now I am on 40 mg. Throughout this whole trial, I have noticed a huge difference. I do have less appetite like everyone else does. But that don't bother me. I am over weight already. I also concentrate way better. I am much happier during the day and my patience has increased. He did put me on Lexapro for my anxiety and that is all going good as well."

shmeck (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2012

For ADHD "My daughter has inattentive ADHD."

izzydee (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 22, 2012

For ADHD "I am 17 years old, I've always had a problem focusing in school. Eventually I was taken to get tested and I did in fact have A.D.D . My doctor started me on 50mg of Vyvanse. My first day taking the pill was amazing and so was that whole 2 weeks. Its now my third week on Vyvanse and I've been having rapid heart rates, blurred vision, and feeling very jittery/shaky. I'm curious if my dosage is too high for me. I'm also afraid that if I get my dosage lower that it will no longer work for me. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2012

For ADHD "My 7 yr old daughter just started taking Vyvnase 40mg in the morning after 7 yrs of avoiding medications, she has completely slowed down and is able to focus. My only concern is her having dry mouth and biting on the inside of her jaw, this is her first day hopefully it just needs a few days to adjust. BIG difference already. I hope this is all we need and it continues to get better."

Pay's Mommy (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2012

For ADHD "I just started taking Vyvanse today and have already seen an outstanding improvement! I am an 18 year old mother that struggled throughout high school, not because of intelligence, but lack of motivation to complete things such as homework or projects. I failed quite a few classes and ended up having to take a second senior year. Since my daughter was born and I now have a house to clean and all other kinds of "mommy duties," I really found myself struggling. It was to the point of a failing relationship and disappointment to my family and my significant other. I was unable to just focus on a task and complete it. But today, I did everything I needed to do and then some and I feel great. Very pleased so far."

Britany botch December 4, 2012

For Depression "I am on my third day of taking this now. First day: mild headache that got worse as the day went on, mild upset stomach, sleeping normal, itchy at night. Second day: bouts of nausea, strange uncomfortable feeling, hot and cold flashes, not a good sleep, itchy at night (worse). Third day: Feel really moody, negative and I have a strange feeling, also exhausted. It clearly isn't for me. I don't feel like "myself" in three days? Kind of scary."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2012

For ADHD "I have been able to focus so much more, I feel like my life is back in order. I'm able to do things that I would struggle with in the past. Some of the feelings in my body are numb when I do the activities, which is different. All my anxiety is gone. I don't feel hungry often, and I randomly crash for sleep. This is only the second day on it, so I'll see what happens next."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2012

For ADHD "My 6 yr old son has been on 20mg of Vyvanse for the past month and a half. I was so reluctant to start him on any type of medicine, but his inability to focus, keep his hands to himself, stay in his seat at school, etc., was affecting the learning of his classmates and causing him to have a hard time making friends. I saw a difference in him (and his teacher did, too), immediately after the 1st dose, he was able to focus, was making friends, etc. I have decided to try him on something different because he's losing weight and he's not the happy, sweet boy that I know he is. He's moody, he gets upset extremely easily, he's grumpy, and is SUPER serious about everything, he finds nothing funny. Its definitely altered his personality, even off the meds."

Anonymous October 17, 2012

For ADHD "Much better than Adderall that I've been taking for 12 years. My heart doesn't race, the dry mouth effects aren't nearly as intense. There are no more highs & lows! Love it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2012