User Reviews for Vyvanse

Learn more about Vyvanse.

ADHD 331 reviews 62 medications

8.2
Summary of Vyvanse reviews 331 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Vyvanse

Review by purplebutterfly1964: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: I have tried several medications for chronic fatigue syndrome and nothing seems to help more than an hour or two. Vyvanse is a wonderful medication for chronic daytime sleepiness and fatigue. I could not believe the amount of work I was able to get done. It does not make you feel "drugged" like other medications do. I felt like my old self again, before the days of CFS.

May 29, 2010 6:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am fifteen years old and started taking Vyvanse 30 mg dose in October. I moved to 50mg and am now at 70mg. At the lower dose I noticed definite improvement in my attention span and work ethic. On the 70mg I feel anxious, depressed, and I have headaches constantly. I feel like isolating myself socially from everyone else and am extremely moody. I do not recommend more than 50mg of this medication to anyone.

May 25, 2010 10:21 PM
Review by Adult ADD: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I started out with 50 mg and then went to 70mg. My blood pressure skyrocketed and I have always had low blood pressure. My doctor took me off of this immediately.

May 10, 2010 12:55 AM
Review by GAmom: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My 7 year old son has been on Vyvanse for a little over a month. We have been well pleased with the overall outcome. He is now able to focus in school and actually sits down and completes his homework without argument. Much calmer in public, unlike before. Downside, he has lost 4 pounds in a month and becomes very emotional if taken off for the weekend and put back on. After 1 1/2 months, my son now has developed eye tics. We have stopped the medication and the eye tics are beginning to subside.

May 2, 2010 9:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm 48 years old and have three children. Two of which have ADHD. My son is 15 and started on 40mg of Vyvanse in January. The results have been amazing. He used to struggle to get D's and he was always getting in trouble at school for doing dumb impulsive things. His grades started coming up immediately and we never hear from the school about discipline problems. He's making A's and B's after 4 months. He's no longer forgetful and scatterbrained like before. He is as impressed as anyone with the results and wouldn't think of going a day without it.

April 21, 2010 5:19 PM
Review by Ceigeme: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for Narcolepsy: I have sleep apnea, and somewhere in the last 7 months developed narcolepsy. I almost lost my job, and spent 4.5 months on disability because I couldn't stay awake at my desk. I was falling asleep in my car, as a passenger and a driver, falling asleep at diner, on the phone, everywhere. So when I went back to work, I thought I was better, I had been treating my bi-polar with a lot of good medications, so I really felt ready to go back to work. Well about 2 days back to work I was falling asleep again. It was miserable. My sleep Dr wanted me to take a stimulant, and my Psychiatrist prescribed Vyvanse. The first 60 mg pill did nothing. I was falling asleep again. So my doctor advised me to take another 60 mg pill. It worked! I'm doing much better.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2010 4:19 AM
Review by Jenistar: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a 39 yo woman, diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive type, this past summer, about three days after my son was diagnosed ADHD. After a consultation with a psychopharmacologist, I started taking Vyvanse about three months ago. I also take 100 mg of Neurontin 3x daily, which keeps any anxiety issues I may have (an issue that can be magnified by the Vyvanse) at bay. I couldn't be happier with the Vyvanse--started at 30 mg and am now at 50. Realizing that I had ADD changed my life--suddenly, my difficulties all made sense! The pill isn't magic--but taking it daily has given me the ability to use the tools I knew I should use and couldn't before (things like a calendar, or my checkbook register, or a budget, or a watch...).

March 20, 2010 9:56 PM
Review by eric26: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 26 and started taking classes again. I was diagnosed ADD at 9 and was off and on Adderall and Ritialin through high school. I would always take it in the morning of school days, and not take it on weekends. I'm on 70 mg Vyvanse now I've been on for 3 months. I like it because it suppresses my appetite the least of the 3 medicines. I'm getting concerned though, because with school and work I will take 2 a day sometimes. But I still don't take it on non work or school days, but my concern is I think I am feeling withdrawal effects. I took it 12 days straight between 70 and 140mg a day, and the first day I didn't take it I couldn't get out of bed and felt depressed and had no motivation. I'm on day 2 and my brain feels like mush.

March 20, 2010 11:34 AM
Review by annn: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My daughter is 17 and has been taking vyvanse for 3 weeks. All I can say is "wow" her GPA has went up 1 point!!! her main problem was taking tests...she could not concentrate at all !!! homework was ok but work at school was terrible ...now she scores 85 % and up in all her classes . Sha actually enjoys schools , her self esteem grew (she always thought she was not as smart as other kids). I dont know if thats how it will work all the time but so far it has been great ! She has some appettite loss especially during the day but it has been coming back slowly and she started to eat more normal. She does not take the mediciane on weekends unless she studies. I dont see any other side affects besides loss of appetite.

March 18, 2010 6:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: It is a good medicine. Helps in school. Although I am concerned because my son is very pettie and he doesn't have regular appetites. I read the side effects and it said that this medication can slow down growth. My son has a big issue about his height. Beside all of that he start taking Vyvanse after I took him off Adderall XR and it's a BIG difference in his attitude.

March 16, 2010 1:52 PM
Review by crazy4elvis: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 40 yr old female and I've been on several different medicines before Vyvanse. I have now been on Vyvanse for about 6 months (100mg )and it has by far been the best. I even had my 14 yr. old son switched to it and he's doing better also. He has been on several that have worked for awhile then stopped. At first you might feel a little strange, but that goes away within a couple weeks. If you have this, I highly recommend trying this.

March 5, 2010 9:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm 21 years old, and have been on Vyvanse for 5 months (40mg). Compared to other medications its more evenly released throughout the day and seems to last around 8 or 9 hours. I would definitely suggest giving it a month before you completely ban it, because it did take getting use to (like any medication). It can effect your sleep depending on the time of day you take your medication. It hasn't decreased my appetite, but in the beginning I would forget to eat- as long as you get on a routine eating schedule though you should be fine. It made me slightly irritable in the beginning, but like I said give it some time and it seems to even out.

February 18, 2010 2:18 PM
Review by Skribble: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: As a 44 year old male, who recently went for treatment of this problem. I went for almost 43 with always knowing that something was missing. Being a over achiever I made every attempt to complete everything but never really completed anything. This drug has changed that. It allows me to focus on the task that I have in front of me and complete it. Which has been a breath of fresh air for my job, my marriage and my kids.

301 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 12, 2010 9:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I have a 7 year old son with ADHD. He was diagnosed at 4 years old. Through the years he has been on 3 different medications. Ritalin was first and it did help with his hyperactivity level, however he still had problems with impulsiveness. Then he was on Focalin XR and that did nothing with his impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Now he is on Vyvanse and that has helped with ADHD symptoms. The only problem that I am currently having is that he has days where he is extremely emotional. He has days where he is getting upset over minor details like coming home after playing at a friends house. I am not sure if this is drug related or ADHD related. Impulsive people have problems containing their emotions.

February 10, 2010 2:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a 33 yr old male, I started taking Vyvanse yesterday and it is the first medication that I have ever taken for anything really. I was B student in school because I refused to do homework, I couldn't concentrate enough to motivate myself to do it and I suffered in college for it. Now I manage restaurants. I am happy with that choice but lately as pressures from work seemed to increase, I chose to see a psychiatrist to help me complete tasks. I am taking 50mg a day, I usually wait until noon to dose since I work until 1 am most nights. So far, so good, a little jittery but it is new to my system. Slight loss of appetite but nothing that concerns me. I am happy with my choice so far.

February 10, 2010 2:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: Been on Vyvanse for three months now. I'm 6 foot 195 pounds and 20 years old but find even the 30 mg dosage to be more than enough for me. Experience occasional bouts of dizziness and when in stressful situation have some degree of chest pains. Lasts more than the full 12 hours for me. I have to wake up at 8 am in order to fall asleep around 1 AM. Also when I take Vyvanse I notice some degree of hair loss. I feel as if my brain is telling my body to work and as a result my body is working in triple overtime to keep up.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2010 4:59 PM
Review by VioLynn205: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am 20 years old and I have ADD. I have been on every medication under the sun. I've been on the lower dose of Vyvanse for about a year and 1 week on the 40 mg. It has turned me into a monster. Side effects, I have been temperamental, irritated, easily annoyed. Mean to people close to me for no reason. Tired of school, want to give up school, dizzy. Feel like on autopilot going through the motions not really there, don%u2019t care anymore, isolation. My eye sight has been whack since I started higher dose. Have had chest pain not often every once in a while. I am happy during the day but at night.

February 9, 2010 12:27 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: My son is currently 19 and was diagnosed with ADD when he was 8. He has been on many different medications with Adderall XR being the most recent. When he was in 10th grade the panic and anxiety attacks became so severe that we had to take him off Adderall. He has been taking Vyvanse (70mg)for about 2 years and really likes this medication. He does take himself off in summer for a break. Only side effect we've noticed is high blood pressure which we keep a close eye on. He likes this medicine, the best and really has helped with focus.

February 3, 2010 9:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I been taking Vyvanse a little over 2 yrs. This is the only medicine I have taken for ADHD. As of this posting I have been off it 3 days. The first 18 months I thought Vyvanse was the best thing sense sliced bread. The last 6 mths have been an emotional roller coaster of side effects. I have spent hours on the floor crying, my social life is none, I didn't talk to anyone but the people at work that I couldn't avoid, my husband wants a divorce and nothing made me happy, I was sad and depressed all the time. Please be careful taking this medicine. I don't think it was meant for long term use or maybe it just affects different people in different ways. After 3 days in bed I'm finally getting back to normal.

January 22, 2010 8:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I've been taking Vyvanse for about a year now and it has been an interesting trip. At first I couldn't sleep for the life of me and would go days on only a couple hours of sleep that I could get. Then after a couple months I was able to sleep almost like I used to and I noticed that I was more mentally alert and energetic but, my appetite dramatically diminished to almost nothing and still felt like my body wasn't getting enough rest. On top of that, when I would skip a dose I would have EXTREME hunger where I couldn't eat enough and I would have terrible fatigue! After a year everything evened out and began to feel normal other than having no appetite, but I have a healthy food schedule so I don't forget to eat. I would also like to say that I think it should NOT be recommended for children!

January 14, 2010 1:12 AM
Review by dangerfield: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm a 20 year old female who started taking Vyvanse about a year ago. I take two 70s every morning and I still end up feeling exhausted around 9 every night. I'm pretty sure I'm heavily bipolar though and that my family isn't listening to me causing me to frankly, lose my mind. I end up skipping a lot of pills and that seems to help. Those days I feel comfortably idle.

January 12, 2010 10:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a 19 year old college student and just got prescribed Vyvanse about 2 days ago. When I take it I mainly feel relaxed and sometimes excited. I've never been on any stimulant or ADD medication before. My main concern is losing weight on this medicine. I'm about 5'9" and weigh about 135lbs. I eat a lot and I'm still fairly skinny. I've always worried about my weight and the last thing I want is to get skinnier.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2010 3:41 PM
Review by krrichar: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I'm 21 years old and I've been on 40mg Vyvanse for about 5 months give or take. I've been on other medications for ADHD in the past, but they left me feeling edge-y or more anxious. This medication works much better in terms of even release and feeling normal, and not jittery or like I have a come down when medication wears off. However, I still struggle trying to find the ideal medication/dosage because my days are long, sometimes from 4am until 10pm at night, and no medication has lasted that long for me. I used to take Adderall twice daily, so that it would last me the entire day, but that left me feeling terrible. I fear if I up the dosage of Vyvanse to twice daily, I may start getting other side effects as well.

January 10, 2010 3:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: This is my second day on Vyvanse. I am very excited to try this drug in hopes that this one will work. I have been on Metadate and Strattera both didn't seem to help me at all. The first day I took this I did well at work. I am a server and usually mess up something but no mess-ups that day! Afterwards I cleaned my room, which I have been meaning to do forever, and I saw a movie. I did not talk once. My friends were amazed, as was I. I usually ruin movies by talking over them. I have a good feeling about Vyvanse but I will need more time to really tell if it's right for me. I did have a few outbursts though and afterwards felt silly. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of the drug.

January 7, 2010 9:20 PM
Review by Tigro: User Rating:

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) for ADHD: I am a 44 year old woman who just got diagnosed with ADD. Vyvanse is the first medication prescribed to me and I have been on 50mg for about a month. The first 2 days I was hyped up, euphoric, and extremely talkative. After that and now it has actually mellowed me out, I am in a good mood all day for the first time in 30 years (severe chronic depression). I can't believe the difference and wish I would have had something like this years ago. I might've had a better life. I can concentrate and happily socialize now. I have had zero side effects! Amazing.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 2, 2010 6:40 PM