User Reviews for Zyvox

Learn more about Zyvox.

Zyvox review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 74 medications used in the treatment of Skin and Structure Infection.

Reviews for Zyvox to treat Skin and Structure Infection

Review by Arizonadiva (taken for less than 1 month):

Currently diagnosed with Systemic Lupus due to a recurring skin staph infection. Infectious Disease Dr. was concerned I.V. port might also get infected so she prescribed a 14 day Zyvox regimen. This is day 7 on it to treat a case of cellulitis on lower left leg. It is very slowly getting better. I suppose this is probably due to my Lupus. I don't really have any stomach issues, have a yeast infection and trouble sleeping at night. The infected areas skin has turned dark and appears to be shriveling up and is very tight. It seems like it has affected my calf, ankle & foot muscles as they are now really stiff making it difficult to walk without assistance. The medicine is incredibly expensive as well.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by pollywog75:

After having arthroscopic knee surgery, I developed a persistent skin infection (cellulitis) at the surgery site. I spent a month on different antibiotics that didn't clear the infection (cephalexin, clindamycin, and ciprofloxacin) and was finally admitted to the hospital for another surgery and treatment with IV antibiotics (vancomycin, zosyn). Zyvox has the same coverage as vancomycin but can be taken orally, which allowed me to leave the hospital after a week. I'm about finished with a 15 day course of Zyvox and the infection seems cleared. I haven't experienced many side effects - I've had a headache and felt a little tired and dizzy, but that's it.

July 25, 2009 12:24 PM

Review by Snipe Thompson:

My father is taking this medicine for Cellulitis. Just started it today. Don't know yet how well it will work as he is a Diabetic. But it is expensive.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2009 4:39 PM

I had the MRSA virus i my thigh and it was the size of an enlarged grapefruit and nothing was working. My doctors gave me 4 doses of IV Zyvox and I was discharged in under a week.

March 11, 2008 9:00 PM