User Reviews for Linezolid

Also known as: Zyvox

Learn more about Linezolid.

Pneumonia 1 reviews 191 medications

Bacteremia 1 reviews 46 medications

Methicillin-Resistan...Aureus Infection 9 reviews 9 medications

Skin and Structure Infection 5 reviews 65 medications

Bacterial Infection 0 reviews 133 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Linezolid reviews 16 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Linezolid

Review by one of you guys:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I had MRSA inf. last 8 yrs, all around the body. One heals and other one starts, went to my heart twice too. Now this many years of this, I end up to get Sepsis, I have no words to tell, how bad I feel...too bad, I guess. God Bless You All, who went true this bad infection.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2013 1:11 PM

Review by Arizonadiva (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyvox (linezolid) for Skin and Structure Infection: Currently diagnosed with Systemic Lupus due to a recurring skin staph infection. Infectious Disease Dr. was concerned I.V. port might also get infected so she prescribed a 14 day Zyvox regimen. This is day 7 on it to treat a case of cellulitis on lower left leg. It is very slowly getting better. I suppose this is probably due to my Lupus. I don't really have any stomach issues, have a yeast infection and trouble sleeping at night. The infected areas skin has turned dark and appears to be shriveling up and is very tight. It seems like it has affected my calf, ankle & foot muscles as they are now really stiff making it difficult to walk without assistance. The medicine is incredibly expensive as well.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by CF Patient (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I use Zyvox to control MRSA infections in my lungs. Works fairly well on other bacteria too, gives good coverage. The Liquid tastes like mediciney cream cicle. Goes down easier with apple juice for children.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2013 12:53 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I had a MRSA staph infection when I was 14. I had almost died from the infection and due to my heart problems it made things even more complicated with treatment. I was in the hospital and had to get surgery on my right had to remove the mass of it. I was released days later after Zyvox started to kill off the rest of it. I took the medicine for 2 weeks and a charity started by the Zyvox company covered most of the expenses.

July 29, 2012 4:26 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I contracted MRSA in my right foot second toe. My Dr. Gave me Zyvox because I had MRSA before and it was very hard to heal. It worked very well in clearing it up. It was the worst 2 weeks of my life. I had nausea, diarrhea. Weakness, I felt horrible. I suppose it was better than losing my toe. It worked for me. I would use it again if the need arose. I am just glad my insurance paid for it or I couldn't have used it.

June 21, 2012 2:25 AM

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I got a MRSA staph infection from a cut on my knee. As the infection spread all across the knee, I was admitted into the hospital. I went through surgery where they flushed the joint with antibiotics but it didn't help the infection so they prescribed 2 weeks of oral Zyvox and the infection seems to have gone away. We just can't seem to keep the swelling down.

August 2, 2011 11:09 PM

Review by Sam143:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I have had 5 major abdominal sugeries in the last 3 years. I developed MRSA after the last one in May. I have gone through a 3 week treatment and now have tested positive again for MRSA. I still have 2 open wounds that won't heal from the last surgery. I hope this round with the medication will take care of the MRSA.

December 7, 2009 7:36 PM

Review by Kristie J.:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I am starting on my second week of a 28 day regimen of Zyvox. I have had a Staph infection for over a year that will go away after being lanced, and then come right back in a different place. So far, the infection is gone, and am praying that it doesnt come back. There has been some nausea, stomach aches, and being more tired than normal. Would take that any day over the pain of a severe Staph infection.

October 13, 2009 2:00 PM

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I was diagnosed with MRSA in the hospital. The infectious disease doctor said I was lucky that it responded to Zyvox. It's a much better and easier alternative to IVs for a month. The medicine did make me feel nauseous. It was however very effective.

September 12, 2009 6:52 PM

Review by SandhillsRider:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infection: I acquired a Staph infection after rotator cuff surgery. It was as painful if not more painful as shingles. Have been taking Zyvox for 14 days with 3 to go. It has worked to heal the sores. The problem is the constant stomach upset and nausea. It is a very unpleasant feeling. Somewhat like sea sickness.

August 5, 2009 4:39 PM

Review by pollywog75:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Skin and Structure Infection: After having arthroscopic knee surgery, I developed a persistent skin infection (cellulitis) at the surgery site. I spent a month on different antibiotics that didn't clear the infection (cephalexin, clindamycin, and ciprofloxacin) and was finally admitted to the hospital for another surgery and treatment with IV antibiotics (vancomycin, zosyn). Zyvox has the same coverage as vancomycin but can be taken orally, which allowed me to leave the hospital after a week. I'm about finished with a 15 day course of Zyvox and the infection seems cleared. I haven't experienced many side effects - I've had a headache and felt a little tired and dizzy, but that's it.

July 25, 2009 12:24 PM

Review by Snipe Thompson:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Skin and Structure Infection: My father is taking this medicine for Cellulitis. Just started it today. Don't know yet how well it will work as he is a Diabetic. But it is expensive.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2009 4:39 PM

Review by alize73:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Pneumonia: In February 2008 I fell ill to Influenza A and ended up with double pneumonia. After a 7 day hospital stay in the ICU I begged to go home and the doctor prescribed Zyvox. This antibiotic did its job and cleared up my pneumonia and also a MRSA sinus infection that I had tried dozens of other antibiotics for with no results. There weren't many annoying side effects which was a welcome relief. I did have some dizziness but nothing severe, also a little nausea from time to time.

October 10, 2008 2:00 PM

Zyvox (linezolid) for Bacteremia: It cured my MRSA.

October 8, 2008 1:55 AM

Zyvox (linezolid) for Skin and Structure Infection: I had the MRSA virus i my thigh and it was the size of an enlarged grapefruit and nothing was working. My doctors gave me 4 doses of IV Zyvox and I was discharged in under a week.

March 11, 2008 9:00 PM

Review by S Bradfield:

Zyvox (linezolid) for Skin and Structure Infection: 7 day treatment worked well on an infection that lasted over 5 months

March 8, 2008 3:18 PM