User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

Hashimoto's disease 3 reviews 21 medications

Thyroid Suppression Test 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tirosint reviews 15 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Tirosint

Review by bbmjenjen1:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: The best I have felt since removal of thyroid in July of 2012 after trying combination of dosage to eliminate the dye and other additives.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2014 7:45 AM

Review by Pilatescrazy:

For Hashimoto's disease: I have had Hashimoto's since I was in my 30's. Everything I take starts problems with my stomach, skin, hair, and nails. My doctor gave me 2 month supply of Tirosint and I felt 100% better. I am now switching to Tirosint and hoping that it continues to work.

February 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by atrast (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on Tirosint for over 6 months and during that time I've had fluctuating blood pressure, sore neck and throat, sleepless nights, nervousness, and generally not feeling well. While it may work for some, it didn't work for me. I am now on the natural hormone Armour thyroid and I hope to stay on it.

September 21, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by 24ann25:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I started Tirosint after Levoxyl was taken from the market. It is the best. I take this in combination with Liothyronine. Aside from insomnia, which I have experienced with every other medicine as well, and I've taken them all, this is the best I've felt in years.

August 19, 2013 5:51 AM

Review by Judyau:

For Hashimoto's disease: I had tried several tablet forms of levothyroxine, all of them causing terrible problems with my stomach. I have absolutely no problems with Tirosint so I love it, but my insurance company pays nothing for it and the manufacturers keep raising the price. Initially it was about $75 for an 84 day supply, this year in Feb. & May, I paid $86 and when I filled a new prescription a few days ago, the price has gone up another $20 and I'm paying $105.

August 12, 2013 12:36 PM

Review by paticia:

For Underactive Thyroid: Tirosint has been great for me. I have hypothyroidism and was starting to have recurring symptoms. Tirosint got rid of these symptoms. My recurring symptoms while on Levoxyl (but only after over ten years on it) were- puffy face, constipation, fatigue. When I took Tirosint the symptoms were gone. I am very happy with Tirosint. I have no side effects.

July 24, 2013 5:31 PM

Review by ACBarrie:

For Hashimoto's disease: I was affected by the Levoxyl recall and was devastated. I had been on Levoxyl for Hashimotos for about 3 years, it was the only thyroid med that made me feel what I thought at the time was 'good'. Looking back, I wasn't good at all...no sex drive, weight gain, swollen face, extreme anxiety. I switchd to Tirosint about a month ago and when I noticed these side effects dissipating I was ECSTATIC but also so confused! I had no idea the Levoxyl was causing so much negativity in my life. Tirosint has NO Fillers, and for that reason...all those negative side effects from Levoxyl were gone. I dropped 5 lbs almost immediately taking me back to my post Hashimotos weight. Sex drive was back, anxiety decreased. Best of all, I'm just happy again!

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2013 4:50 PM

Review by M77 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: Within 30 seconds after taking this medicine, my stomach becomes a volcano. I think it is something in the coating rather than the medicine itself. Discontinued use and am now on Armour 45mg and Synthroid (not generic) 50mcg. Am still working on blood levels, but after stopping Tirosint, my stomach problems ceased. Too bad, I was really excited by this new medicine.

January 10, 2013 8:03 AM

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: Could not get my T3 or TSH regulated before this medicine and now it is stable. I take this and wait about 1 hour before I eat, so I haven't had any stomach problems. It is easier for the system to absorb since it is a gel cap. If your doctor is reluctant to try one of the dessicated thyroid medicines, this may be an alternative for you.

August 6, 2012 9:19 AM

Review by hypotraycee:

For Underactive Thyroid: This is the best thyroid medicine I have taken. I took the generic for several years, I was constantly tired and miserable. Finally, I found Tirosint and I have been so much better. I have been on Tirosint for a year now and I am so glad to have it. I have not had any side effects.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2012 5:19 PM

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: Great after 6 wks.

March 30, 2012 3:17 PM

Review by SleeplessinCA:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: This is the third medication I have been on since my thyroid removal. Tirosint seems smoother than Synthroid. However, I have had a lot of gastro-intestinal issues and sleep issues while on Tirosint. My quality of life is now very poor. Since Tirosint is better than the other 2 medications I tried, I will remain on it.

February 17, 2012 10:36 AM

For Underactive Thyroid: Severe gastritis while on this pill. Liked the way I felt on it otherwise so stayed on it for months, but unfortunately had to go off it to settle my stomach.

February 11, 2012 2:34 PM

Review by cherfly737:

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on Armore compound 90 mg for last 2 years but started on the new Armore formula and had trouble with too much T3 and went to hyperthyroid. My endocrinologist changed me to Tirosint and it is a gel cap form, which is easy on the system. They are individual packaged, don't know why. After a few weeks I had a flare of hives and itching and some hair loss, but now I seem to be doing great! I will be excited to test my blood work to see the levels in a few weeks. I am hoping it will help with my fertility.

October 10, 2011 4:53 PM

For Underactive Thyroid: Zero to a few side effects! Great alternative to Levoxyl if you have an upset stomach or nausea with any other thyroid medications.

July 22, 2011 2:48 PM