User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

Hashimoto's disease 7 reviews 22 medications

Myxedema Coma 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thyroid Suppression Test 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tirosint reviews 25 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Tirosint

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on one form of hypothyroid meds for the last 20 years. I have used Tirosint for a year and half. The only thing that I can say for it is the doctor loves it. I hate it. I was hoping it would help with my fatigue, swelling, and forgetfulness. The only thing that has changed for me is my cheeks are redder, I feel bloated all the time, and I am losing my hair. I'm still tired, and still think I'm losing my mind. Logical worked better than all of them including the Armui"

Sherman TX April 6, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "My disabled brother was previously prescribed generic levothyroxine and brand name, Synthroid. On both, he was basically in a continual state of lethargy to the point where he would fall asleep on the commode or at the dining table. Never heard of Tirosint until requesting help. This medicine has been incredible. No more lethargy and continuous sleeping during the day. Family members have commented that he is more alert, engaged and seems to be happy. They would be correct!"

Very Grateful March 30, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "Just Switched from Synthroid. I had been on Synthroid for about 9 years. No fillers.No Brain fog.So Far I feel really good. A lot more Expensive. But I Don't Care.. A lot more Energy. Much better medicine. Try it!"

Luv2Lift March 22, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "i've tried EVERYTHING. armour did not work for me at all. neither did levoxyl. i know people who swear by armour. i've tried generics. the generic made by abbott lab worked really well (tbey also make synthroid). while i felt better on synthroid or abbott's generic, i did not feel NORMAL. much to my surprise, i feel normal on tirosint. i have energy i haven't had for more than 15 years.... i don't know whether my thyroid will stabilize with this -- but i feel the urge to exercise which i've never had on anything else. my brain is clear and my vision is improving. blood levels were always 'normal' on everything else. but that doesn't mean it was getting cell use.... too expensive, but i can't afford to keep feeling crappy or less than.."

crissy mouse (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "I have have Hashimotos. Tirosint has changed my life for the good!!!! I have taken it for four months and I have felt like a human being again. I was a like a zombie for 10 years on stupid Armour. Fortunately I received a bad batch of Armour that sent me to the ER twice last October which prompted my medication change to Tirosint. I want to let everyone know with Hashimotos that Tirosint is truly a God sent medication. I hope it works for you like it has for me. I had no idea how sick I was on stupid Armour. That's what I call it because Armour made me stupid. I couldn't think straight while taking it. Now with Tirosint I'm a force to be reckoned with!! I have a New job and have tons of energy! I have been reorganizing and cleaning my house"

LeighaV (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid "The only problem with Tirosint capsules is the out of pocket price... We are low fixed income due to my hubby being an Elderly Disabled Vet and I must be home taking care of him so nearly $44/mo comes out of the grocery $; Yet I prefer Tirosint capsules over any other thyroid meds I have had because I have not had any negative reaction to it like I have all the others I have tried; Levothyroxine tablets I get big migraines. With Armour allergic reaction that makes me into a zombie. "

Smiling Heidi February 20, 2015

For TSH Suppression "I bless Tirosint, after suffering so many gastrointestinal and allergic problems with Synthroid. Tirosint has made all these disappear and I feel more normal again, even in just a week of switching. Cost is the only criteria. I am told you can get coupons."

meera01 December 12, 2014

For Underactive Thyroid "Excellent medication! So much better than Synthroid or Levothyroxine. Only problem is the expense! "

Laura Casey (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease "I started on Tirosint when they stopped making Levoxyl. I had tried the generic Levothyroxine, but I am lactose intolerant, and the fillers in them did not work well for me. I've been taking Tirosint for two years now, and I have never felt better. My TSH levels are optimal, I have better energy, sleep better, and the bloated feeling I had with the generic is gone."

COMtnGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 10, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease "Tirosint is a God sent medication, after many side effects from generic and brand name Synthroid it was determined that I should try this brand. I was never normal until this medication (metabolically, physically or mentally). It just works best. I am my old me again before Hasimoto's disease."

MrsDMarshall (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 22, 2014

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "The best I have felt since removal of thyroid in July of 2012 after trying combination of dosage to eliminate the dye and other additives."

bbmjenjen1 March 12, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease "I have had Hashimoto's since I was in my 30's. Everything I take starts problems with my stomach, skin, hair, and nails. My doctor gave me 2 month supply of Tirosint and I felt 100% better. I am now switching to Tirosint and hoping that it continues to work."

Pilatescrazy February 25, 2014

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on Tirosint for over 6 months and during that time I've had fluctuating blood pressure, sore neck and throat, sleepless nights, nervousness, and generally not feeling well. While it may work for some, it didn't work for me. I am now on the natural hormone Armour thyroid and I hope to stay on it. "

atrast (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 21, 2013

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I started Tirosint after Levoxyl was taken from the market. It is the best. I take this in combination with Liothyronine. Aside from insomnia, which I have experienced with every other medicine as well, and I've taken them all, this is the best I've felt in years. "

24ann25 August 19, 2013

For Hashimoto's disease "I had tried several tablet forms of levothyroxine, all of them causing terrible problems with my stomach. I have absolutely no problems with Tirosint so I love it, but my insurance company pays nothing for it and the manufacturers keep raising the price. Initially it was about $75 for an 84 day supply, this year in Feb. & May, I paid $86 and when I filled a new prescription a few days ago, the price has gone up another $20 and I'm paying $105. "

Judyau August 12, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "Tirosint has been great for me. I have hypothyroidism and was starting to have recurring symptoms. Tirosint got rid of these symptoms. My recurring symptoms while on Levoxyl (but only after over ten years on it) were- puffy face, constipation, fatigue. When I took Tirosint the symptoms were gone. I am very happy with Tirosint. I have no side effects."

paticia July 24, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was affected by the Levoxyl recall and was devastated. I had been on Levoxyl for Hashimotos for about 3 years, it was the only thyroid med that made me feel what I thought at the time was 'good'. Looking back, I wasn't good at all...no sex drive, weight gain, swollen face, extreme anxiety. I switchd to Tirosint about a month ago and when I noticed these side effects dissipating I was ECSTATIC but also so confused! I had no idea the Levoxyl was causing so much negativity in my life. Tirosint has NO Fillers, and for that reason...all those negative side effects from Levoxyl were gone. I dropped 5 lbs almost immediately taking me back to my post Hashimotos weight. Sex drive was back, anxiety decreased. Best of all, I'm just happy again!"

ACBarrie May 12, 2013

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Within 30 seconds after taking this medicine, my stomach becomes a volcano. I think it is something in the coating rather than the medicine itself. Discontinued use and am now on Armour 45mg and Synthroid (not generic) 50mcg. Am still working on blood levels, but after stopping Tirosint, my stomach problems ceased. Too bad, I was really excited by this new medicine."

M77 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2013

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Could not get my T3 or TSH regulated before this medicine and now it is stable. I take this and wait about 1 hour before I eat, so I haven't had any stomach problems. It is easier for the system to absorb since it is a gel cap. If your doctor is reluctant to try one of the dessicated thyroid medicines, this may be an alternative for you."

Anonymous August 6, 2012

For Underactive Thyroid "This is the best thyroid medicine I have taken. I took the generic for several years, I was constantly tired and miserable. Finally, I found Tirosint and I have been so much better. I have been on Tirosint for a year now and I am so glad to have it. I have not had any side effects."

hypotraycee April 5, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Great after 6 wks."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "This is the third medication I have been on since my thyroid removal. Tirosint seems smoother than Synthroid. However, I have had a lot of gastro-intestinal issues and sleep issues while on Tirosint. My quality of life is now very poor. Since Tirosint is better than the other 2 medications I tried, I will remain on it."

SleeplessinCA February 17, 2012

For Underactive Thyroid "Severe gastritis while on this pill. Liked the way I felt on it otherwise so stayed on it for months, but unfortunately had to go off it to settle my stomach."

Anonymous February 11, 2012

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on Armore compound 90 mg for last 2 years but started on the new Armore formula and had trouble with too much T3 and went to hyperthyroid. My endocrinologist changed me to Tirosint and it is a gel cap form, which is easy on the system. They are individual packaged, don't know why. After a few weeks I had a flare of hives and itching and some hair loss, but now I seem to be doing great! I will be excited to test my blood work to see the levels in a few weeks. I am hoping it will help with my fertility. "

cherfly737 October 10, 2011

For Underactive Thyroid "Zero to a few side effects! Great alternative to Levoxyl if you have an upset stomach or nausea with any other thyroid medications."

Anonymous July 22, 2011