Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Tirosint

Learn more about Tirosint.

Tirosint review summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Underactive Thyroid.

Reviews for Tirosint to treat Underactive Thyroid

Review by Sherman TX:

I have been on one form of hypothyroid meds for the last 20 years. I have used Tirosint for a year and half. The only thing that I can say for it is the doctor loves it. I hate it. I was hoping it would help with my fatigue, swelling, and forgetfulness. The only thing that has changed for me is my cheeks are redder, I feel bloated all the time, and I am losing my hair. I'm still tired, and still think I'm losing my mind. Logical worked better than all of them including the Armui

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 9:10 PM

Review by Very Grateful:

My disabled brother was previously prescribed generic levothyroxine and brand name, Synthroid. On both, he was basically in a continual state of lethargy to the point where he would fall asleep on the commode or at the dining table. Never heard of Tirosint until requesting help. This medicine has been incredible. No more lethargy and continuous sleeping during the day. Family members have commented that he is more alert, engaged and seems to be happy. They would be correct!

March 30, 2015 5:58 PM

Review by Smiling Heidi:

The only problem with Tirosint capsules is the out of pocket price... We are low fixed income due to my hubby being an Elderly Disabled Vet and I must be home taking care of him so nearly $44/mo comes out of the grocery $; Yet I prefer Tirosint capsules over any other thyroid meds I have had because I have not had any negative reaction to it like I have all the others I have tried; Levothyroxine tablets I get big migraines. With Armour allergic reaction that makes me into a zombie.

February 20, 2015 6:15 AM

Review by Laura Casey (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Excellent medication! So much better than Synthroid or Levothyroxine. Only problem is the expense!

November 20, 2014 8:40 PM

Review by atrast (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I was on Tirosint for over 6 months and during that time I've had fluctuating blood pressure, sore neck and throat, sleepless nights, nervousness, and generally not feeling well. While it may work for some, it didn't work for me. I am now on the natural hormone Armour thyroid and I hope to stay on it.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by paticia:

Tirosint has been great for me. I have hypothyroidism and was starting to have recurring symptoms. Tirosint got rid of these symptoms. My recurring symptoms while on Levoxyl (but only after over ten years on it) were- puffy face, constipation, fatigue. When I took Tirosint the symptoms were gone. I am very happy with Tirosint. I have no side effects.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 5:31 PM

Review by hypotraycee:

This is the best thyroid medicine I have taken. I took the generic for several years, I was constantly tired and miserable. Finally, I found Tirosint and I have been so much better. I have been on Tirosint for a year now and I am so glad to have it. I have not had any side effects.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2012 5:19 PM

Severe gastritis while on this pill. Liked the way I felt on it otherwise so stayed on it for months, but unfortunately had to go off it to settle my stomach.

February 11, 2012 2:34 PM

Review by cherfly737:

I was on Armore compound 90 mg for last 2 years but started on the new Armore formula and had trouble with too much T3 and went to hyperthyroid. My endocrinologist changed me to Tirosint and it is a gel cap form, which is easy on the system. They are individual packaged, don't know why. After a few weeks I had a flare of hives and itching and some hair loss, but now I seem to be doing great! I will be excited to test my blood work to see the levels in a few weeks. I am hoping it will help with my fertility.

October 10, 2011 4:53 PM

Zero to a few side effects! Great alternative to Levoxyl if you have an upset stomach or nausea with any other thyroid medications.

July 22, 2011 2:48 PM