User Reviews for Levoxyl

Learn more about Levoxyl.

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 3 reviews 24 medications

Myxedema Coma 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thyroid Suppression Test 0 reviews 18 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levoxyl reviews 20 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Levoxyl

For Hashimoto's disease "I really like Levoxyl and am bereft that it's unavailable now. It doesn't affect my weight at all. In fact, I let myself gain about 12 lbs a couple of years ago, juiced for a few days to get my eating back to normal and then proceeded to lose all the weight and then a few more. I have absolutely no side effects. I tried Synthroid once and didn't like it. I have also been on the same dosage, 0.1mg, all this time."

New Haven (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been on Levoxyl (name brand) for about 10 years when they just recently decided to recall the medication from the pharmacy shelves. I was on 0.50 mcg 3 times per week and 0.75 mcg 3 times per week with one day off altogether. I did very well on it. My thyroid had finally gotten to the normal range when they decided to pull it off of the shelves. Now I am at a loss as to what to take. The doctor put me on the Synthroid (Levothyroxine 50 mcg). I took it for a month. It was not too bad at first but as it started to build up in my system I began having tremors and feeling jittery all of the time with a weak feeling in my legs and muscles. I am now on Synthroid but don't feel all that good."

M5125 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 17, 2013

For Hashimoto's disease "Can't lose weight on Levoxyl. I sweat profusely, have brain fog, fatigue and so many symptoms of hypo. "

O'Fallon March 11, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I have used this for only a few months now and I have lost weight and need less sleep to make it through the day. There have been a few odd side effects, including lactation but nothing that is unmanageable or worse then how I felt before it. I take it in the morning with a glass of water and do not eat for 45 min for better absorption."

Anonymous July 11, 2012

"LOVE this Levoxyl. I am 55 and in menopause. Have had several blood works and told doctors how crappy I felt, no energy in a fog, hair loss all the symptoms of menopause and then some. I go to Mexico tell a Doc the SAME symptoms and suggested I take this medicine and I would feel better, get out of the fog and frumpy slump I was feeling, have more energy AND MAN after 3 weeks I feel fantastic. I don't even crave sweets or want to eat as much. I have that ZAZAZOO back in me. I feel more alive and sexy. I am single and I don't want to live my life without having FUN. This medication has brought some life back in ME!"

full of life again (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

For Hashimoto's disease "This medication did help with dry skin and hair associated with Hashimotos and perhaps did lessen my anxiety "somewhat", can't be sure since I also am in menopause and use Vivelle dot patches and Prometrium. I gained 30lbs in about one month of starting it. My TSH is low now and Free T4 almost optimal but Free T3 still too low. CONS: packed on the fat which I cannot get off, raised blood pressure, does not help with constant fatigue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2012

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I've had great success on Levoxyl? I'm taking 0.137mcg and have virtually no side affects. Synthroid for me was horrible."

Anonymous January 23, 2012

For TSH Suppression "I have hypothyrodism... still have thyroid. I quit taking Levoxyl for about 3 months. Felt good, in fact I had energy and did not have aches and pains or brain fogs. Was on 100 mg before, recently doctor put me back on 88 mg within a few hours the aches and pains were back and swelling of joints, muscle aches I know it may take a while for the medicine to balance out but surely there must be something better for those of us who suffer with these side effects, tired of the pain and tired of being tired."

jumpingamma September 23, 2011

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Levoxyl works great for me. Synthroid does not work for me."

Anonymous July 3, 2011

For Hashimoto's disease "Only on 75 mcg for three weeks, but have headaches, spine feels compressed, joints ache, muscle fatigue, sleep disorders, not to mention extreme hair loss, dry skin, oh yeah, forgetfulness. "

Anonymous March 31, 2011

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's about seven years ago, nine months after giving birth. I was so tired, losing hair, had terrible brain fog and was very irritable. My doctor placed me on Levoxyl 110. My symptoms went away fairly quickly (2 weeks) but then I started having panic attacks. She reduced me to 88mcg and the anxiety went away. I stayed on that dose for the next seven years. Though my blood work showed normal, I was still always cold, found it hard to wake up in the mornings and would feel lethargic after workouts. I convinced my new doctor to let me try the next higher dose - 100mcg. I feel so much better now. My feet are never cold, I don't lose hair and I am back to being a morning person. Blood work AND symptoms must be addressed."

Anonymous August 16, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid "I read that the proper time to take it is early in the morning before food. When I tried it this way I had the most horrible side effects of my life. The inside of my mouth, gums, tongue were burning up so I couldn't brush my teeth and my lips swelled up to twice the size. I had taken it before at night without this problem. So now I take it in the middle of the day after food and it is okay."

Dormarie July 31, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid "This medicine (and Synthroid) raises my blood pressure."

Anonymous April 23, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid "I'm glad I used this medicine. My body was dead before I changed doctors to find the problem. I used every vitamin to help me..mostly Vitamin B and also energy drinks. My new doctor found the problem and prescribed this medicine and now I feel like a new person. I haven't noticed any side effects yet."

The bottom Line is October 23, 2009

"I have had a complete thyroidectomy after being diagnosed with cancer. Although Levoxyl has fewer side effects than some others my major complaints are insomnia, fatigue and hair loss."

Anonymous September 17, 2009

For Underactive Thyroid "I have had hypothyroidism for 20 years. Levoxyl never worked. "

Anonymous July 14, 2009

For Underactive Thyroid "I have taken this drug for perhaps 8 years now, with no side effects. I've heard that it's best to take it at night, perhaps because the body does its restorative work then. My blood levels have remained consistent since starting Levoxyl, so my doctor is pleased."

brainhospice July 11, 2009

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "This is quality brand named thyroid medicine that is effective and has virtually no side-effects."

Anonymous April 5, 2009

For Underactive Thyroid "I feel worlds different - I don't need caffeine to get through the day, and low blood sugar doesn't bother me any more. Yes, I'm even losing some fat, but I think that's because I can go longer between meals and it takes less food to feel full. The only odd thing is that my lips are unusually dry."

anastasi September 29, 2008

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Well I've been taking it for about 14 years now and I've never experienced much of any side effects. I do have light emotional mood swings from time to time, but since im just 18 I believe they are the normal teenage-kind. I don't mind it."

teg1343 August 12, 2008

For Underactive Thyroid "take this medicine early in the morning same time everyday and youll feel much better"

Anonymous April 29, 2008

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Since startingon Levoxyl, I have gained at least 25 - 30 more pounds. I still feel tired."

Anonymous March 6, 2008

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate