Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Alblacke:

I had sex during my most fertile time! The condom broke and I was freaked out! I took plan B 30-36 hours after it happened. I was super tired the day I took it and slept most of the day. I then received bad cramps I thought I was "implanting"! A few days later I started getting nauseous and back pains I thought I was pregnant! That continued for almost a week.. And I got really sick... My boobs hurt, and I had awful pain in my back. At that point I was terrified! Now 2 days late I received my period!

April 18, 2015 8:55 PM

Review by eetiamdopee:

I love this pill! It works so good. It made my period come very early tho but I'd rather have that than an unplanned pregnancy. My last period was on the 30th and again my period came the 10th so it was so early. I absolutely love this pill tho. It worked 100% for me and I do recommend it :)

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 9:05 PM

My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I took Plan B about 6 hours later. I had a large amount of pregnancy symptoms about a week after taking the pill, and was constantly freaking out about the possibility of me being pregnant. I actually thought I was pregnant. However, the pill pulled through and I ended up receiving my period 4 days late.

April 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Review by Qwsx (taken for less than 1 month):

Me and my girlfriend had a condom mishap. We started to freak out but bought the pill 3 hours later. Waited for 2 weeks and her period was 1 day early. This pill works and is effective. Thankful for it.

April 6, 2015 2:43 AM

Review by Sasha89:

It happened last day before my period. Technically it's impossible to get pregnant in that period of the cycle, however every person is unique and may be a lot of exceptions. I took the pill ~40h after as I hoped period to start itself. After 24h felt nausea and was afraid that my body rejected it. Nevertheless, my period started 5 days later. I assume its delay was reasoned by the cold I got that month earlier and medicine I cured myself and eventually by that huge dose of hormone the morning pill consists of. The next period came right on time regarding the new cycle. Insist on using condoms!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2015 2:04 PM

So it was my first time having sex and I it was unplanned and I wasnt on birth control (which was dumb on my part, and I'm starting it now) but anyways, I had sex and the condom broke but he didn't tell me till the third day. This pill is only effective for 72 hours and I took it on the 65th hour, and I was stressing because I didn't think it was going to work but believe me don't stress the pill worked. My period came today and I'm so so happy, I was stressed because I thought it wasn't going to be as effective as it may have been if I took it on the first or second day but thankfully it worked.

March 24, 2015 2:41 PM

Review by Gator1996:

My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by Scarlettxox:

My story is the same as most of yours; broken condom. This is my second time talking the pill, and I feel like the second time around I had a really adverse reaction. I have the most awful stomach pain, head aches, diarrhea (eww), dizziness, breast tenderness, fatigue... Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I got the wrong end of the stick this time I guess. The symptoms are making me nervous, but reading all the positive comments on here makes me feel better!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 2:33 AM

Review by ACarolineB12:

The condom broke and we didn't realize it until too late...it was around time of my ovulation. I am not on birth control and took Plan B less than 12 hours later. During the next two weeks I was so paranoid and scared thinking I was pregnant because I was ovulating and thinking I was seeing so many signs, but please trust that this medicine does work! I ended up getting my period two days early and was so relieved. Take Plan B as SOON as you can after you have an accident. It works miracles even when you have an accident WHEN you're ovulating.

March 17, 2015 9:03 AM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Girls, if you think it's not going to work stop sweating it. My boyfriend and I had sex while I was ovulating and the comdom broke and about 9 hours later we got Plan B and I took it. I got my period 2 weeks early and broke out pretty bad and had terrible headaches but it's better than pregnancy and taking care of a baby when you aren't ready. Don't worry it works

March 8, 2015 7:31 PM

Review by GMM214:

I took Plan B 11 hours after unprotected sex. I had very mild cramps a few hours after taking the pill. My period came 2 weeks after, heavier than usual and lasted 8 days. This pill really works.

March 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Annaaaa:

I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by BillyGeen:

This is for all the guys out there freaking out. So me and my friend had sex about a month ago and she had just got off her period a few days prior. The condom broke - We both instantly panicked and I ran to the store and bought Plan B for her, so she took it within 2 hours. The worst part of this whole situation was waiting. We waited 29 days. So guys it does work I know I'm saying just relax wont help (at least it didnt for me) but trust me not stressing will make things go so much smoother. Just be supportive and ride it out. It will end.

February 9, 2015 11:09 AM

Review by Mazamz:

This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by JasmineK:

I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by At ease:

Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM