Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Gator1996:

My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by GMM214:

I took Plan B 11 hours after unprotected sex. I had very mild cramps a few hours after taking the pill. My period came 2 weeks after, heavier than usual and lasted 8 days. This pill really works.

March 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Annaaaa:

I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by BillyGeen:

This is for all the guys out there freaking out. So me and my friend had sex about a month ago and she had just got off her period a few days prior. The condom broke - We both instantly panicked and I ran to the store and bought Plan B for her, so she took it within 2 hours. The worst part of this whole situation was waiting. We waited 29 days. So guys it does work I know I'm saying just relax wont help (at least it didnt for me) but trust me not stressing will make things go so much smoother. Just be supportive and ride it out. It will end.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2015 11:09 AM

Review by Mazamz:

This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by JasmineK:

I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by At ease:

Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Loreylol:

Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by Firsttimer74:

After reading so many reviews in the past couple of weeks, I felt I needed to write one given my unusual experience. I had unprotected sex the first week of December, I took Plan B within 12hrs and felt completely fine. 4 days later I bled very heavily for 4 or 5 days, and figured I safe. Then my period never came, took 2 pregnancy tests both were negative but I got so paranoid once I was a week late I went to the doctor and had a blood test, also negative, but with still no period and "pregnancy symptoms" I was still very concerned. FINALLY 11 days late I started my period. Plan B can definitely throw your system very out of whack, so moral of the story if you're anything like me try and relax!

January 8, 2015 3:57 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Review by Relieved_girl (taken for less than 1 month):

I recently switched insurance providers for work and my regular birth control had run out. I planned to visit a new doctor within two weeks, but my boyfriend and I continued to have sex with a condom. The condom slipped off and I was a mess. He immediately went to the store to get me the Plan B pill and I took it within 30 minutes of the slip. I took the pill on Friday 12/26 and my period just started today 1/1. It is two weeks early, but I'm very relieved! Reading these reviews really helped me feel better when I was in the waiting stage so I wanted to share my positive experience as well

January 1, 2015 10:24 AM

Me and my partner had a minor slip up, both scared of having a baby (they're pretty expensive). I went to get a Plan B about 28 hours after the incident, scared it didn't work because I had no immediate side effects. Safe to say about 4 days after taking the pill I had some off and on cramps for about a day. On the 5th day I started bleeding for about 3-4 days. So that $46 I spent was well worth it! It works.

December 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Shailene:

Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a condom slip, we both panicked. I am no longer on birth control so there was a problem! I took Plan B about 22 hours after the incident. I only got minor side cramps and back aches. It was a long wait but after 6 days I got my period! And I am over the "weight limit" that people say it won't work because of. But it does! I am writing this for all of you scared thinking this pill doesn't work, don't sweat it. Relax, it really is magic

December 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by Sara67:

After being on birth control for 4 months and never missing a pill, the night I had sex for the first time I had forgotten to take my pill that day. After having sex, we realized the condom had broke and I tried not to freak out. The next morning I went to the pharmacy and bought Plan B about 10 hours later. I took it and it was the worst month of waiting for my period to come because I had just gotten off my period when I had sex. It took forever but 3 weeks later it finally came 1 day early and I am so relieved!!! Plan B is the best 50 dollars I've ever spent.

December 17, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM