User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"I promised I would write this because just like you I was scouring the Internet for answers. I had unprotected sex on April 17th, the last day of my period, and my BF finished in me. He said not to worry since I was on my period but I was already freaking out so the next day I bought the plan B pill. I never had any side effects and it didn't make me sick. May 13th was when I was supposed to start my perod..and I didn't. So begins the freaking out even more and buying multiple pregnancy tests. Every test I took was negative but that didn't reassure me. My period is 11 days late but I finally started today!! I know it's hard not to but try not to worry. If you took this pI'll how you're supposed to it will work."

ShelbyLynnMUA May 24, 2016

"My girlfriend took Plan B on the 12th of May, 4 hours after our "incident" she didn't have any physical side effects but she did get very emotional. She would cry about everything - but she wasn't stressed about pregnancy. She got her period on 8 days later on the 20th. I'm telling you guys, don't stress out - as long as you took it within your 72 hours, you will be fine. Remain calm, put on your favorite movie and think positively!"

Don'tStress! (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

"I took this one pill the next morning after sex. I woke up shaking and scared because it was a one night stand. I didn't fully trust him when he said he pulled out even tho I saw him cum when he did pull out. so I couldn't take the chances. I decided to run to my Walgreens and get one. it was expensive. but works. it's over the counter and the staff is discrete. they will most likely be in the feminine care isle or with the condemns. I had gotten my period about two weeks before so I wasent expecting it for another two weeks. I took it in the morning and didn't feel any symptoms. A couple days later maybe a week I got my period!!! I'm not pregnant. The cramps with my period however. we're painful.They were the worst moral. THIS PILL WORKS"

Aaaakkk (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

"My experience was fine, no side effects but I did end up getting pregnant. Took the pill within the first 12 hrs, just a heads up it can definitely happen."

C213 May 21, 2016

"My partner and I had an accident and the condom came off, I was 10 days into my cycle and had a high chance of pregnancy. I took plan b about 16 hours after the incident. For the first two days I had some painful cramping and fatigue, but nothing too severe. I got my period 1-2 days early and couldn't be more pleased with how this works. When I first took the medication I obsessively googled people's experiences taking it so I wanted to add one more positive story into the mix. If you take it in good time, it works, try not to stress too much!"

RelievedAndPleased May 19, 2016

"I had unprotected sex on the seventh. Took the pill about 2 hours later. I didn't experience any side effects at all after taking it. I usually start my period on the 15th, and I had been cramping a couple days before along with mood swings. On the fifteenth I started just having some light brown discharge, and this continued for two days. I was worried that it might be implantation bleeding, but on the 17th I finally started bleeding. The pill worked great, but I never want to experience the stress of it ever again."

finallysawred May 17, 2016

"(2009) I had unprotected sex at 15 I was nervous that I could become pregnant. I went to pharmacy asked the pharmacist for it easy as pie! So happy to hear this is now OTC!! I'm sure some women may have felt to embarrassed to get it btc. Anyways I took the pill got my period within a day and no baby so happy it worked"

Jules263 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2016

"It worked! I took it 3 hous after our accident, 15 days into my cycle, and today I got my period right on time. I had no side effects so I was worried it hadn't worked but it certainly did. Very happy with the outcome and the product especially considering I'm extremely med and hormone sensitive. I would highly recommend it."

M.M. May 15, 2016

"I was completely skeptical of this pill after my boyfriend's condom broke and he finished inside me. I had no side effects that people talk about. But remember - side effects aren't proof it's working! However I really thought my life was over. Sure enough, today I got my period on time. It's a little more painful than usual and the pill was expensive but I'm willing to take any amount of pain and pay any amount of money over a pregnancy. This pill saved me! If you're skeptical too, relax! It works!"

R E L A X! (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

"I'm 18 and I took this pill and the day I had sex was like the day after my period and now a week latter I have my period again I don't like the side affects but I do have to say it works very well"

Nina Longoria May 12, 2016

"experienced cramps 4 days leading up to getting my period but it came two days early. super thankful for this pill."

Anonymous May 11, 2016

"Okay, I said I'd come back with my result.. I officially got my period. (Yesterday). 10 days after taking the pill. I was 5 days late. The pill worked for me!! I am 215lbs. DON'T STRESS!! I was just like you.. Worried, scared even terrified that I might be pregnant. Note: I did not have any side effects until 2 days before my period came. -light spotting. -headache. -nausea. -diarrhea. The pill works! Don't stress too much. It will only delay your period longer! Good luck ladies!"

Kelikeli (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2016

"Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex , he admitted that he came right after we had sex. Then and there I cried because I knew I had to be fertile because my period was coming soon . So later that night we managed to buy and afford plan b . Even though I took it ... I still panicked .. He even called the pharmacist to ask if it works. But a day or two later I noticed I was cramping everyday up to 6 days I used the bathroom and I got my PERIOD. It came earlier! I was relieved but in pain ... The cramps I have are horrible , I feel nauseous and sick and my period is as heavy as can be. All I want to do is lay in bed and rest and drink something hot or really cold . But I rather have this pain than to be expecting!. Glad my period came back"

Kay/ please read May 7, 2016

"Long story short, the condom broke and my partner came in me. With in 45 minutes of realizing what had happened, he bought me Plan B One-Step Step. I took it immediately. Knowing that my period was supposed to start soon I kept track of symptoms. With in a couple days my breasts were super tender and I got over all super achy. My period came, it came a day early and was a super heavy flow. But honestly, I'd take a super heavy flow over no flow any day. My advice is to not panic and take the pill AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Read the directions and even go talk to a person at your local Plan Parenthood facility to make sure it will be effective for you. This pill is made to keep you from getting pregnant, trust the pill!"

Junenumber May 6, 2016

"When I read all of these reviews, on every page, I couldn't find one that was someone's experience with plan B while on the birth control pill. So I'll leave mine. I missed one pill the week I had intercourse but I had also missed so many pills last month I wanted to be safe. My doctor advised me to continue taking my birth control while taking the plan B. I had no side effects at all. My cycle came 3 days late and it was a bad one. It started with a day of light spotting. It was very heavy compared to most."

PlanB while on birth control (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

"My advice. Be Extra careful and ready when being sexually active. Birth control is the best contraception! However, plan b was a life saver. It took a week for my body to take any kind of response. I was dizzy and nauseous, and had my period a week later. I was just like you all reading reviews hoping for a sign it was going to work. So much I was in tears and stressed to the max. It DOES work and sit back and relax, let the medicine do its job. It is pricey, but it is effective. Worth the $."

Sarabryant May 3, 2016

"I took plan B after a night of unprotected sex. After consulting my period app I realized I was definitely at the fertile time. We had sex around midnight and I took the pill around 11am the next day. I was due to start my period the following week. The week after taking it I had my normal premenstrual symptoms. Mainly breast tenderness and they were more plump. Once I was late I immediately started reading reviews and effectiveness. There were several people who were late on their period like I was, and complained of the breast tenderness. So I kept waiting hoping I was just going to be late. As of today I am 9 days late so I took a pregnancy test and I'm definitely pregnant."

Unexpected outcome (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

"The pill worked . My period came 3 days later than the expected date . Cramps are painful "

Anonymous April 28, 2016

"if there is any advice you can take from the internet right now, it's to calm down ladies!! I promised I'd write a review here to settle nervous tummies on my experience, since I was you at one point. I had unprotected sex on day 5 (yes on my period) of my normal 28 day cycle at approximately 9am. I am grateful plan b was available behind the counter at pharmacy and I purchased it less than an hour after the oopsie. here started the waiting game and bizarre side affects such as nausea and fatigue for almost two months. I was 2 weeks late. also, if this helps, I am 50 POUNDS PASSED THE WEIGHT CAPACITY (165lbs) AND IT WORKED!!! :) good luck ladies :) you have nothing to worry about. it works!!"

oopsie daisy! April 26, 2016

"I had unprotected sex while on my birth control pills not realizing that the anti biotic I am on would counteract with it considering it usually says it on the bottle. However, after I started panicking the very next morning (less than 24 hours) I went and bought the plan b pill from my local drug store for 50$. I did not feel anything after taking it but 24 hours afterwards I felt nauseous, and my stomach felt upset. After that passed, my period was supposed to come 3 weeks later it....my breasts became very sore, and I broke out really bad. All symptoms of my period. So 4 days before my period was supposed to start I got my period!!! I was ovulating, and over the "weight limit" be patient and WAIT!"

Dessssss April 25, 2016

"Well this is the second time I have had to take it. I am not making this a routine but accidents do happen. The last time was several months ago. I use to be on the IUD but I continued to have problems with it. I have tried several pills as well but to no avail , my body does not handle them well either. I am considering sterilization but my husband said he would do it. So this is why I have had this experience. One thing I noticed is Plan B has worked for me. I have mood changes similar to PMS for a few days. After about a week (7 days) I begin spotting and start my period. I am thankful but it does work a week after you ended your last period. I can only blame myself. Plan B has worked for me."

C me April 25, 2016

"I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he came inside and we were both terrified. My period was 2 weeks late and him and I were freaking out planning around college and stuff for a kid. Thank God I eventually got my period. Overall this drug has saved me a lot. The worst part is the cost. I did have side effects of major bloating...like, so bad, and I run 5 miles daily. It also made me have symptoms that felt like I was on my period; tired, craving chocolate, moody, and I never threw up, but felt very nauseous at times. I did have a couple dizzy spells, but just pushed through it. Just get through the crappy side effects and you'll be fine. :)"

T1816 April 25, 2016

"I took plan B an hour after loosing my virginity and having unprotected sex,it been about a day and I'm mostly just experiencing cramping and nausea, I had just gotten off my period and I'm just praying that I'm not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

"I had sex on March 13th and the condom broke. My partner realized before he could orgasm, but I didnt even want to take the slight chance of a precum pregnancy. Also, this was 11 days after the first day of my last period, so I was in the most fertile time of my cycle, about to hit my ovulation day. I took the pill around 15 hours after, on March 14th. 3 days later, I got spotting that left after a few days. I started experiencing nausea, mood swings, bloating, increased appetite, and felt hot always for a little over a week. My *very regular* period was supposed to start on March 30th. Well, I got it 20 days late, today, slightly over 5 weeks after taking the pill. I took 4 pregnancy tests in this time. Be aware, it CAN make you very late"

Still worth it. (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2016

"I took plan B 3 times in one month. Yeah i am aware of how bad that was for me but did it work? Yes. The first time i took it I overreacted and probably would have been fine if i didn't take it but the second time the condom broke and he came inside of me. I've never had that happen before and thought for sure i was pregnant. I took plan b about 30 mins after that happened and just continued to pray for my period. About a week later I had sex again and the condom broke AGAIN. (i have the worst luck) he didn't completely finish but there was definitely pre cum. I took plan b for the third time in a month that day and about a week later i got my period. THIS STUFF WORKS, YOULL BE FINE !! praying also helps too."

nicheato (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016