User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Sss3345: User Rating:

I took Plan B about 26 hours after sex and was crazy paranoid because I was ovulating when the insident occurred. For almost two weeks I had fatigue, extreme nausea, swollen and tender breast, but then my period came two days early! Period is normal, not heavier or lighter! Plan B does work, but I wouldn't advise taking it often. All those hormones will make you feel absolutely crazy.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 12, 2014 10:07 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Plan B is no joke. It is effective so don't stress if you have taken it within the 72 hours and make sure you rest up. I took it during the time of ovulation about 28 hours after I had a birth control mishap. I had no side effects and got my period about 5 days after (a week before my regular period).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 4:52 PM
Review by SMGApril12014: User Rating:

I realized I had been with my partner on a very fertile day, about 14 days before my period was due. I panicked and took Plan B about 20-24 hours later. I was able to buy it at Rite Aid over the counter, which was a relief! I took the pill and had no side effects until about the time my period was due, and then I got a migraine aura twice in a day. Very scary, but I am prone to migraine auras when my hormones change. I figured my period was very close, but it didn't come. I had no other symptoms except maybe slight nausea. Finally, 6 days later I started spotting and having cramps. Hallelujah! I've never been happier to get my period. It was 6 days late. So don't worry - this medication DOES work.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 12:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have taken Plan B 3 times so far and has worked every time. First time in July 2012 I had unprotected sex took Plan B 4 hours later and got my period with no delay on the exact day I was supposed to get it. The second time in September 2013 I just finished having my period on 8/20 and had protected sex on 9/4, the condom broke so I took Plan B 2 hrs later and got my period 2 weeks early on 9/9. The third time I took it was March 2014. Had a condom break so I took Plan B on 3/21, 4 hrs later. I was suppose to get my period on 4/2/14 but got it yesterday it came 3 days early. Never been so happy to see my period. If you are worried that the pill may not work don't be! It does work when you take it writhing the 72 hour time frame.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 11:09 AM
Review by TMI: User Rating:

My first time taking Plan B, I took it 6 hours after the condom got stuck inside me, (I was so worried, I didn't sleep well that night) After taking it, I didn't experience any side effects, and didn't bleed or anything, and I got my period right on schedule. It did its job! But the second time around, (Yes, it happened again -_-) I took Plan B 20 minutes after, and I started bleeding a week later, looks like my regular period, but my regular period is scheduled to come in 3 weeks, so, I know Plan B worked, and it's normal to bleed a couple days after taking it. Now all that's left is to wait for my period to come.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 1:21 AM
Review by not prego (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I took the pill 21hrs later, about $55 at Walgreens. These are the symptoms I experienced that may/may not be related to pill: fatigue, hormonal, severe chin breakouts, slight breast tenderness, stiffness in lower right hip. I got my period this morning, 2 days late. So yay it worked!

February 13, 2014 10:01 AM
Review by Lalalee: User Rating:

I had protected sex but we thought the condom may have broken so we went to the pharmacy and took the pill within 2 hours of having sex. Even though the condom may have not broken the wait was too long. I got my period 3 days late and it is more painful than usual but definitely worth taking the precaution just in case.

February 11, 2014 10:59 PM
Review by Amber8282: User Rating:

I had a condom break 5 days before my period was due. I took Plan B the next morning, about 10-11 hours after the accident. My period was two days late - the day before arrived I spotted light brown all day. I used it once before in a similar situation 3 years ago, around the same time of my cycle. That time, my period was a week late. It is hard waiting, but it seems like this pill works. It does cause a more painful period than normal, but it's worth it in an emergency!

February 2, 2014 2:30 PM
Review by younggirl721444 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I took plan b 3 times in my lifetime, I did it my first two times of having protected sex (I was really nervous so my boyfriend bought it I was obviously not even close to pregnant though) and then last night where the condom broke on us. I have never been so nervous since this is the time I really need it. i took it a hour within having it break, I get my period on the 26th mostly but still praying and waiting.

January 19, 2014 8:36 AM
Review by DonnaM71281 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Taken this a few times. If you're freaking out...STOP. It works EVERY TIME. Sooner the better though. But because I know it can be taken within 72 hours...I actually forgot to by one time within 72 hours and it still worked. Took it 5 days afterwards and still did its job. Never had any symptoms except one time go slightly nauseous but it did not last long at all.

January 14, 2014 12:05 AM
Review by Easy E: User Rating:

My girlfriend has taken this product 3 different times. The first time she had withdrawal bleeding for a week two days after use. The other two times she didn't bleed at all but suffered from extreme nausea, bloating, headaches, etc. This product truly works as 2/3 we had to use it were the most fertile times of her cycle. Recommend this product to anyone.

January 13, 2014 11:28 AM
Review by maddie17 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have officially never been so stressed out in my life. I took Plan B within 10 hours of unprotected sex. A couple days went by and I felt nothing. On the 5th day I had really weird cramps on my right side under my hip bone which lasted for about 3 days. Then I got really weird brown discharge. Then I started spotting a little bit. On the 10th day I felt so nauseated they had to send me home at work. I ended up throwing up and then got my period 30 minutes later. Needless to say the pill did work, but I hope to never have to take it again.

December 29, 2013 3:16 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I had unprotected sex and I took the pill 30 hours later. I felt a bit drowsy within the first few hours, however over the next two weeks I experienced cramping. The cramps were really bad.10 days after taking the pill my breasts completely swelled. My nipples were always hard and the pain was unbearable. I was convinced I was pregnant. The cramps continued and I was experiencing back pain. Then the pain in my breasts finally began to subside and I got my period the next day, exactly when I was supposed to. It was a little bit heavier than usual but I've never been happier to be on my period. The pill messes up your body due to increase of hormones. I've read it makes you feel exactly as pregnant women do so don't panic over the symptoms!

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 15, 2013 9:58 PM

I've taken Plan B twice. The first time I felt no side effects. Got my period a week earlier than usual but was very happy to have gotten it early. I didn't stress myself out about the situation and I think that's why nothing outrageous happened. The second time I took it I was much more stressed out. My period came five days late, and it was a rough period. I had really bad cramps, bloating and acne but surprisingly light bleeding.

December 4, 2013 4:07 PM
Review by workedforme (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. I took the pill 3 days later and it still worked. I had no symptoms surprisingly.

November 16, 2013 6:10 PM
Review by Moni Val: User Rating:

Had a similar situation as the lady Nick name Luz. I collapsed at Wal-Mart. I didn't know I was pregnant until the doctors said I had a miscarriage. I also used Plan B

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 10, 2013 2:34 PM
Review by Girlintrouble: User Rating:

I has sex a day after my period was over, and the condom we used broke and he didn't notice until we were finished. (Thank God he noticed!!) I went to the store the next morning when they opened and got the Plan B pill and took it about 14 hours after the accident. I started bleeding about 5 days after taking the pill, and i just had my period a week ago, so don't panic of this happens to you too. Anyways, I killed myself with worrying, probably gained like 500 pounds from stress eating, but I got my period todaaaaaay!!! Its all okay, thank you plan B. I will not be hooking up anymore, that was just way to scary to go through for any guy.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2013 10:25 AM
Review by thegirlwhofreakedout: User Rating:

I had sex on the last day of my period, then I took plan b 11 hours after I had sex. A week after taking the pill I experienced brown discharge which was heavy like a regular period the first 2 days then turned into spotting for the next 3 days. My regular period usually lasts 5 days so I figured the pill just made me have a fake period to trick my body into getting rid of the egg before it got fertilized. I have a period app on my iPhone that tells me when my period is going to come and tells me how many days I have between cycles for me, it's 28 days. So I counted 28 days from my last day of brown discharge and the date my period should have come was the 29th of October and it did!! I hope this helps someone out there!

October 30, 2013 7:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Over the past weekend my boyfriend and I had a 'uh oh' accident. About 5 hours later I went to walgreens and got plan B (which I found out is no longer over the counter). It works great! It's a little expensive but it beats having a baby in my belly! I'm so glad this product exist. If your afraid to take it, don't be! As long as you take it within 72 hours you'll be fine. But the sooner you take it the better.

October 22, 2013 12:03 PM
Review by planbuser: User Rating:

I feel that there is a lack of information.. Between the fight between drug companies and the Catholic church, with very partisan takes on plan B, somewhere in it we don't hear women's true experiences of the drug. Perhaps, it is our "dirty secret" and getting the drug requires going into "the confessional" of the pharmacists for justifying why you need it. Yes, it should be available to women so that they have control of their bodies & is better than the alternative: an unwanted pregnancy It is effective.However, there are side effects. I have been feeling nausea, constipation, sleepiness and bloatedness for the past 5 days. Contreptives have bad side effects. Why can't men have to take it instead?

October 19, 2013 9:31 AM
Review by mayaj: User Rating:

Plan b has been wonderful as far as I'm not pregnant. My period was one week late. A lot of cramping and bloating, but as long as it does what it's suppose to. Took it about 6 hours after unprotected sex. Sixty dollars does not compare to a baby!

September 11, 2013 3:05 PM
Review by Sammmmmmz: User Rating:

MIRACLE! I used it 5 hours after unprotected sex and I got my period 2 weeks later, the exact day it was due. Had no side effects either except I was really tired for a couple of days. If you're reading these reviews and freaking out about being pregnant, STOP! It will work. I've had a friend who has used it 6 times, and it worked Everytime. Only thing is that its kind of expensive.

September 8, 2013 3:04 PM
Review by Anonreviewer: User Rating:

I took plan B within a few hours of a condom breaking. No side effects at all. Not even the slightest cramping. I did go poo 4 times in the first 3 hours after taking it which is unusual for me but may have been a coincidence.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 2, 2013 11:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Hello ladies, just wanted to let you know if you are unsure at all just take this! Do not be scared, I've read about side effects, and was unsure before taking it! However I had no side effects! Believe me you will be okay, it's better to use this then to worry about pregnancy.

August 17, 2013 7:27 PM
Review by Chells84: User Rating:

Plan B did what it was suppose to do. Had unprotected sex a day before ovulation (assuming ovulating day due to my period app) by accident. 11 hours later I went to Walgreens purchased Plan B. 2 weeks later I got period only 1 day late. However 1 week after Plan B was taken I started spotting lightly until actual day of period. So everything went great, as far as taking this on or before ovulation day.

August 16, 2013 1:35 AM