User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Teenager2015:

My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Mary by:

Make sure you take the pill within 24 hours! I took the pill 1 hour after my mishap. I had small cramps a few days later and a week after taking the pill I spotted for about half a day then a light period started right after.. it lasted only a few days. I usually have light periods anyways. This pill works just try not to stress and take if as soon as possible.

October 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I've taken it twice and it has worked both times! I had horrible cramps both times, but it is worth it. dont second guess it, if you think you need it buy it. it should work

October 6, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Josho:

Girlfriend and I had sex, condom broke and didn't realize till we finished. She was not on birth control and we were freaking out. She took the pill about 5 hours later, and for the next 2 weeks had some mild symptoms and light bleeding. Confirmed she was not pregnant a few weeks later. Pill does miracles, don't worry about the statistics (just there in case it happens to not work). If you take it before 24 hours, I'd personally say you have a 100% chance of it working.

October 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by hma123:

Just wanted to say that this product worked for me. I waited about 24 hours after I had intercourse so I was worried it wouldn't work because it says the sooner the better. I had mild cramps & my breasts were pretty sore, nothing too intense though. My period came this morning, which is just a couple days off from when I usually start so yeah I'm very relieved. Best advice I can give is to try your very best not to get overly stressed, that never helps.

September 30, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by RoccaRochetta:

Hi you all. I have to say if you are worried to take a deep breath because it works however for me the side effects were terrible. Had unprotected sex (condom broke) and he did not come inside me. 6 h later I got paranoid and took Plan B. That was around 1pm. I felt fine the entire day until 9pm where I just started to get diarrhea, nausea, and the feeling of being really tired (my eyes just could not stay focus and wide open). The room was spinning so much I had to sleep on a chair and suck ice cubes. My period was due for another week and a half. The effect lasted for 2-3days (did not go to school). On the 5th day I got my period.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by teeny83:

I took plan B years ago when it was 2 pills never had any issues. In March 2011 I took it again and it was only 1 pill, I ended up getting pregnant (he was my miracle baby) I couldn't be happier. I took it again 1 week and starting bleeding very badly on Sat.

September 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by terrible emotions:

Plan B definitely helps with not getting pregnant but the emotional level is TERRIBLE. I react super bad to hormones so this has been a nightmare.

September 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by Imnotagirl:

I may not be a female, but trust me, this works! Me and my girlfriend have used this pill at least 2 times already, and we still don't have a baby! The sooner you take it, the higher chance there is of not becoming pregnant. So if you're reading this all worried, then don't be! Just buy the pill, and drink it! It worked for my girlfriend.

September 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Tlp123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Missed a birth control pill on the 9th day of my packet and took Plan B 24 hrs later. The condom split during sex 4 days later and I really panicked and took the morning after pill 14 hours later. I had every pregnancy symptom you could imagine I had myself convinced I was! I'm only 18 and was so scared of what might happen, but my withdrawal bleed came today one day early, although it is lighter than it usually is.. Rest assured this pill really works don't worry yourself sick like I did.

September 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Kay888:

I took Plan B 10 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and for two days I was nauseous, and I had no appetite, but that passed. A week later, I got my period but it was extremely heavy with blood clots, but I'd rather have a heavy flow than a baby.

September 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by v.rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days before I was supposed to get my period. I went to go buy emergency contraception after 48 hours. Some symptoms I experienced were breast pains or tenderness, tiredness, and I did break out. Don't worry I was paranoid too since I took it after 48 hours. I was researching all day if this pill does work. Well it did for me. I did get my period 8 days late. But, I got it.

September 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by WhatARelief:

THIS WORKS. I had no doubt in my mind about that! So basically my boyfriend and I are always using protection but about 5 days ago that condom slipped off. About 12 hours later we bought Plan B and I took it. I was due for my period like 2 days after but it never came. After what felt like the longest 5 days ever, I finally got it today! So don't worry, periods are often delayed by this. Anyways, this saved our lives. Whew!

August 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by DianeAshley34:

I took the pill twice. I didn't have any symptoms with it. The first time my period was 4 days late. And the second time I missed it for a whole month! I was totally freaking out thinking I was pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy test, they were negative. And surely the following month my period was back in track.

August 30, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by Stacy K:

I was one of the few people who suffered from anxiety because they weren't sure if this pill was effective. Let me tell you, I am the worst with overthinking and I know what it feels like to be unsure. This pill really does work. Plan B was something I always heard about but never thought I needed until one night of great sex ended with a condom that slipped off. We were both drunk and unaware of what had happened so to be safe, I decided to take the pill 6 hours after the accident. I keep track of my period dates and my last period was on the 21st. I took the pill on the 7th of the next month. I suffered some side effects like headaches, back pain and cramps 2 days before my period. It actually came 5 days early and it just finished today!

August 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by AlyJordan:

I have used Plan B a few times and it helps me feel confident knowing there is a back up plan in preventing pregnancy. It is expensive but well worth the money. The only side effects I experienced with this pill is irregular period and right after I take the pill my stomach aches.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For those are you who are scared or anxious about the Plan B pill, I just wanted to reassure you from personal experience that it WORKS, and isn't necessarily full of side effects either. I took Plan B and the only side effect I felt was a little bit of moodiness for a couple of days- otherwise, NO physical side effects at all. Also, my period came exactly on time and didn't feel any different than my past periods! However, I would advise that you definitely should take it within 24 hours, if you can. Although it says 72 hours, the pill mainly works to prevent ovulation- if you wait too long to take it, you may risk ovulating BEFORE you take it, lessening the main effectiveness of the pill.

August 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Meagan555:

Well, Plan B worked. It worked and here we are a year later, no baby. However, the side effects are HORRIBLE. I threw up 3 times a day for a week, bled heavily, and had cramps so bad I couldn't get out of bed. But, hey. Discomfort for a week or two or an unplanned pregnancy?

August 12, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by planbuser1000:

This pill works! Don't read these reviews 24 hrs a day like I did. I was so scared and worried myself sick but it works. I was on birth control but didn't take it at the same times. (wasn't using as contraception, more to regulate periods). Period ended June 22nd. Incident on night June 24th, took pill June 25th, 5 hrs after incident. Withdrawal bleeding July 1-8. Regular period was supposed to come July 13, I got it one day early on the 12th. So basically two weeks of bleeding in a month. Even after that, it was heavy but I was worried about implantation and all that. But I got my next period August 8th and it is two days early according to my birth control packet, but right on time if I counted 28 day cycle! THIS WORKS. TRUST IT!

August 8, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Angieee:

You might be looking at this review page to reassure yourself. Well let me just say it worked perfectly well for me. I took this pill after about 2 hours. I took the pill for reassurance for me. We didn't completely full on have unprotected sex. Things just got carried away and he had been inside me for no longer than 1 minute. No ejaculation. No nothing. But of course, me being a paranoid person, I just have to make sure nothing would happen. Took it and noticed that within an hour or so I felt achy and tired. Let me add that this all happened just a couple days before I was expecting my period. Couple days go by and I received my period today! I probably didn't need it but it helped calm my nerves.

August 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by veex3:

Girls!! Let me tell you all that this pill DOES WORK! So if you are reading this worried sick about becoming pregnant? Don't. I repeat Don't! I took it five mins after unprotected sex on July 18 and today I got my period .

August 2, 2014 11:58 PM