User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by Stacy K:

I was one of the few people who suffered from anxiety because they weren't sure if this pill was effective. Let me tell you, I am the worst with overthinking and I know what it feels like to be unsure. This pill really does work. Plan B was something I always heard about but never thought I needed until one night of great sex ended with a condom that slipped off. We were both drunk and unaware of what had happened so to be safe, I decided to take the pill 6 hours after the accident. I keep track of my period dates and my last period was on the 21st. I took the pill on the 7th of the next month. I suffered some side effects like headaches, back pain and cramps 2 days before my period. It actually came 5 days early and it just finished today!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by AlyJordan:

I have used Plan B a few times and it helps me feel confident knowing there is a back up plan in preventing pregnancy. It is expensive but well worth the money. The only side effects I experienced with this pill is irregular period and right after I take the pill my stomach aches.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For those are you who are scared or anxious about the Plan B pill, I just wanted to reassure you from personal experience that it WORKS, and isn't necessarily full of side effects either. I took Plan B and the only side effect I felt was a little bit of moodiness for a couple of days- otherwise, NO physical side effects at all. Also, my period came exactly on time and didn't feel any different than my past periods! However, I would advise that you definitely should take it within 24 hours, if you can. Although it says 72 hours, the pill mainly works to prevent ovulation- if you wait too long to take it, you may risk ovulating BEFORE you take it, lessening the main effectiveness of the pill.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Meagan555:

Well, Plan B worked. It worked and here we are a year later, no baby. However, the side effects are HORRIBLE. I threw up 3 times a day for a week, bled heavily, and had cramps so bad I couldn't get out of bed. But, hey. Discomfort for a week or two or an unplanned pregnancy?

August 12, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by planbuser1000:

This pill works! Don't read these reviews 24 hrs a day like I did. I was so scared and worried myself sick but it works. I was on birth control but didn't take it at the same times. (wasn't using as contraception, more to regulate periods). Period ended June 22nd. Incident on night June 24th, took pill June 25th, 5 hrs after incident. Withdrawal bleeding July 1-8. Regular period was supposed to come July 13, I got it one day early on the 12th. So basically two weeks of bleeding in a month. Even after that, it was heavy but I was worried about implantation and all that. But I got my next period August 8th and it is two days early according to my birth control packet, but right on time if I counted 28 day cycle! THIS WORKS. TRUST IT!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Angieee:

You might be looking at this review page to reassure yourself. Well let me just say it worked perfectly well for me. I took this pill after about 2 hours. I took the pill for reassurance for me. We didn't completely full on have unprotected sex. Things just got carried away and he had been inside me for no longer than 1 minute. No ejaculation. No nothing. But of course, me being a paranoid person, I just have to make sure nothing would happen. Took it and noticed that within an hour or so I felt achy and tired. Let me add that this all happened just a couple days before I was expecting my period. Couple days go by and I received my period today! I probably didn't need it but it helped calm my nerves.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by veex3:

Girls!! Let me tell you all that this pill DOES WORK! So if you are reading this worried sick about becoming pregnant? Don't. I repeat Don't! I took it five mins after unprotected sex on July 18 and today I got my period .

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 11:58 PM

Review by 1234dj:

I'm writing this review to the girls that are exactly like me, reading everything possible about Plan B, worrying myself sick searching about all the possibilities of pregnancy, etc. On July 6th I took Plan B. And let me tell you I was worried I'm only 16 and I definitely can't handle a baby. On the 11th I got what I thought was my period, regular flow, lasted 4 days but then I kept reading about breakthrough bleeding so that made me worry even more since there was still a possibility of pregnancy. I would keep reading about breakthrough bleeding and how I should get my period around my regular time more than likely a week later. Well I usually get my period on the 25th and yesterday the 29th I finally got it! So breathe everything will be fine.

July 30, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Dechbbddsdgb kkkjgfd:

I took it about an hour after having sex, because the condom broke. I'm on birth control but haven't been taking it on time. I took it as an extra precaution and had my period a few days late. I got my period and I have been throwing up and have had the worst back pains ever. I have never felt so horrible. I haven't kept any food down and started also having diarrhea. It's the worst pain I think I've ever gone through.

July 30, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by R.c. 999:

Had a situation with my boyfriend when the condom broke, he was very concerned and made me promise to take Plan B. I was hesitant because I knew I had already ovulated that month and reacted terribly when I tried to start taking birth control so I worried about side effects from hormones, but I know it is better to be safe so I went and bought it the next morning. I took the pill and for the first two days the only side effect I felt was extreme fatigue. Now about one week later my skin is breaking out, anxiety is at an all time high, my breasts are very sore and I'm nauseous on and off. (All typical for me before I get my period) I'm now 3 days late on my period but I can tell it will start soon. Apparently it can mess up your cycle.

July 27, 2014 2:27 AM

Review by Anonymous34:

I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way too much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time recently. I had symptoms throughout that I was paranoid were pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. My nipples were always hard! But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period!! It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

July 25, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Anonymous25:

I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way to much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time. I had symptoms throughout that, I was paranoid was pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period. It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 11:34 AM

Review by peachesnicole07:

On July 1st, I took Plan B One Step 44 hours after sex where a condom failed. I took the pill 5 days before expected period. I had no spotting or major symptoms, was just a little tired after I took it. My period was supposed to start on July 6th, and it was 10 days late, and started on the 16th. I've never been happier to see my period! My cramps were awful but I am sure thankful for this pill. Don't be scared if your period is over a week late, I stressed so bad and had every right to but it can definitely be later than that. Just give it time and take a test if you're scared!

July 16, 2014 11:56 AM

Review by Smile47 (taken for less than 1 month):

This is the BEST avenue to take for an emergency. Me and my boyfriend had an accident during unprotected sex and I took the pill within 24 hrs. Got my period on time (just one day late). It may delay your period from a day to a few weeks and the waiting for your period could be crucial, trust me I know, BUT it works. Now breath and go eat some chocolate.

July 11, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Gira915:

It was a heat of the moment thing and we went unprotected. Not too smart, but it happens. Took Plan B One Step less than an hour later. Like you, I was anxious and jumped into reading reviews and began the waiting game. The second day I felt dizzy, nauseated, and sleepy, but it didn't kill me. For those wondering,I'm 5'3, 145 lbs, and never took birth control before. Just relax, even if you don't feel it, this is working. Easier said than done, I know. My period came a few days earlier than expected and heavier, but I've never been so happy to see it!

July 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Masami (taken for less than 1 month):

I had sex during ovulation period. I was so paranoid I decided to take plan B. I took plan B like 30hrs later. Well let me tell you let this be your last resort. I received so many pregnancy symptoms throughout this whole ordeal I was freaking out so bad until my period came. I was so sick. Sore breast, headaches, fatigue, horrible cramping, and the worst diarrhea. I was depressed after taking this. The hormones are crazy and will have you going insane. Not everyone have same side effects though so maybe it will be different for you.

June 22, 2014 1:30 AM

Review by Thankful!:

I took this pill about 20 hours after "unprotected sex". I had absolutely no side effects for about a week, but then my breasts hurt and became enlarged, I was constantly bloated, constipated, and had horrible back pains and cramping. I was completely stressed out and scared I might be pregnant after freaking myself out reading about pregnancy signs. However, my period came today and I've never been so happy! The flow is normal but with more cramping than usual. Overall, I am very pleased with this product! It is way less expensive than a baby, and I am never having sex without protection again! But don't worry ladies..It'll be ok!

June 20, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by TheAmazingPill (taken for less than 1 month):

We had a failure with the condom. After my girlfriend was able to take the pill 9 hours later. She had a couple days of intense cramping but it came and went. 2 weeks later she got her period on time. I would highly recommend to take the pill within the first 12 hours. If you do You should be fine. The sooner you take it the better. So don't stress about it to much, you will drive yourself crazy when there's a high chance you won't get pregnant. My situation was pretty bad so I'm sure if it worked for me, it will work for you.

June 18, 2014 12:33 AM

Review by hughes4054:

Alright ladies.. This pill is a lifesaver! Me and my boyfriend had an incident when the condom broke. At the time, I was ovulating and I took the Plan B pill within 24 hours. I didn't have any symptoms for about a week, and then I got ALL of them. Tender breasts, abdominal pain, bloating, very weird stomach noises, bad headaches, and very tired. My biggest symptom was being worried though! I am only 16, and I am now not pregnant. This pill works miracles! One relieved lady right here. Good luck to all of you!

June 5, 2014 12:56 AM

Review by olive123:

12-14 days after taking Plan B still no period at my normal time so I was kind of getting worried. I used some hot compresses, I had a few soaks in the tub and my period came raging 2 days later than expected. My stomach had never been so "full" before a period ever. After this experience I am glad everything worked out with getting my period.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Large and in Charge (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected intercourse twice within the range of the 72 hours. I asked a friend of mine who has used Plan B and the morning after I purchased Plan B for $41.80 (price is after taxes). Came home, took them, felt fine. No side effects. I was supposed to get my period 3 days later but I didn't. I got minor cramps here and there but nothing too severe. Now exactly a week after I took them I got my period (5 days late). This pill works but I never ever get severe period cramps. My period cramps this time are very severe and painful to the point where I can barely move. This has never happened to me before and I hope it lightens up in the next couple of days.

May 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Took about 24 hours after the incident. Was about a week late with heavy cramping.. Very moody and crampy.

May 14, 2014 4:27 PM

Review by Sweet Anj (taken for 1 to 6 months):

If you take this pill as directed, it will work. My boyfriend and I had an accident last Saturday and I took Plan B about 30 minutes later. I was very worried that I was going to become pregnant, and I basically worried myself sick over things I read online. I had some nausea and cramping but I got my period right on time with a normal flow. Don't worry ladies!

May 13, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by taytay1014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the second day of my period. 20 to 24 hours later I took Plan B. I had nausea select days over a week or two then everything seemed back to normal. Two days after I had unprotected sex my period stopped. Plan B works three different ways one of them being telling your body not to ovulate. Well 11 days after my period stopped I was due to ovulate. Plan B more than likely told my body not to ovulate at that time because my period was 9 days late. I'm also overweight by a couple pounds to where Plan B effectiveness starts to fade. I think because I was ovulating close to when I took Plan B it told my body to wait to ovulate. Today I got my period. Thank goodness!!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate