User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

Review by Shailene:

Two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had a condom slip, we both panicked. I am no longer on birth control so there was a problem! I took Plan B about 22 hours after the incident. I only got minor side cramps and back aches. It was a long wait but after 6 days I got my period! And I am over the "weight limit" that people say it won't work because of. But it does! I am writing this for all of you scared thinking this pill doesn't work, don't sweat it. Relax, it really is magic

December 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM

It did not work.

November 29, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by AceR11:

I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Teenager2015:

My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by Alena g:

I've taken it two times and it has worked wonders. I will be HONEST, for my first time I was so worried because I didn't take it 24 or 48 hours after unprotected sex... I took it almost 72 hours where the efficiency decreases and was very very worried. I don't advise this but I will tell you right now I did NOT get pregnant! My second time I took it within 12 hours of unprotected sex. I do not want to risk with prolonging the time anymore but this pill is definitely reassuring! Stay safe ladies.

November 21, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Mary by:

Make sure you take the pill within 24 hours! I took the pill 1 hour after my mishap. I had small cramps a few days later and a week after taking the pill I spotted for about half a day then a light period started right after.. it lasted only a few days. I usually have light periods anyways. This pill works just try not to stress and take if as soon as possible.

October 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by sweetbiella:

The $46 spent on the pill was worth it! My boyfriend and I had sex a day or two after my period ended. Condom broke. Took Plan B within 45 minutes. From what I've read, the sooner you take it the better. 6 days later I get a period again, it was light and lasted all day. The next two days it was brown discharge and that was that. I missed my regular period date weeks later and started freaking out. I even had a dream my boyfriend and I having a baby. Way to add on to my stress. I bought four pregnancy tests from dollar tree. I tested two and they were both negative. Finally I got my period a week late and I'm here writing to let you know it does work. Don't freak out but I'm sure you still will. It's okay!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2014 10:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I've taken it twice and it has worked both times! I had horrible cramps both times, but it is worth it. dont second guess it, if you think you need it buy it. it should work

October 6, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Josho:

Girlfriend and I had sex, condom broke and didn't realize till we finished. She was not on birth control and we were freaking out. She took the pill about 5 hours later, and for the next 2 weeks had some mild symptoms and light bleeding. Confirmed she was not pregnant a few weeks later. Pill does miracles, don't worry about the statistics (just there in case it happens to not work). If you take it before 24 hours, I'd personally say you have a 100% chance of it working.

October 5, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by hma123:

Just wanted to say that this product worked for me. I waited about 24 hours after I had intercourse so I was worried it wouldn't work because it says the sooner the better. I had mild cramps & my breasts were pretty sore, nothing too intense though. My period came this morning, which is just a couple days off from when I usually start so yeah I'm very relieved. Best advice I can give is to try your very best not to get overly stressed, that never helps.

September 30, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by RoccaRochetta:

Hi you all. I have to say if you are worried to take a deep breath because it works however for me the side effects were terrible. Had unprotected sex (condom broke) and he did not come inside me. 6 h later I got paranoid and took Plan B. That was around 1pm. I felt fine the entire day until 9pm where I just started to get diarrhea, nausea, and the feeling of being really tired (my eyes just could not stay focus and wide open). The room was spinning so much I had to sleep on a chair and suck ice cubes. My period was due for another week and a half. The effect lasted for 2-3days (did not go to school). On the 5th day I got my period.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by teeny83:

I took plan B years ago when it was 2 pills never had any issues. In March 2011 I took it again and it was only 1 pill, I ended up getting pregnant (he was my miracle baby) I couldn't be happier. I took it again 1 week and starting bleeding very badly on Sat.

September 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by terrible emotions:

Plan B definitely helps with not getting pregnant but the emotional level is TERRIBLE. I react super bad to hormones so this has been a nightmare.

September 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by Imnotagirl:

I may not be a female, but trust me, this works! Me and my girlfriend have used this pill at least 2 times already, and we still don't have a baby! The sooner you take it, the higher chance there is of not becoming pregnant. So if you're reading this all worried, then don't be! Just buy the pill, and drink it! It worked for my girlfriend.

September 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Tlp123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Missed a birth control pill on the 9th day of my packet and took Plan B 24 hrs later. The condom split during sex 4 days later and I really panicked and took the morning after pill 14 hours later. I had every pregnancy symptom you could imagine I had myself convinced I was! I'm only 18 and was so scared of what might happen, but my withdrawal bleed came today one day early, although it is lighter than it usually is.. Rest assured this pill really works don't worry yourself sick like I did.

September 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Kay888:

I took Plan B 10 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and for two days I was nauseous, and I had no appetite, but that passed. A week later, I got my period but it was extremely heavy with blood clots, but I'd rather have a heavy flow than a baby.

September 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by v.rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month):

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days before I was supposed to get my period. I went to go buy emergency contraception after 48 hours. Some symptoms I experienced were breast pains or tenderness, tiredness, and I did break out. Don't worry I was paranoid too since I took it after 48 hours. I was researching all day if this pill does work. Well it did for me. I did get my period 8 days late. But, I got it.

September 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by WhatARelief:

THIS WORKS. I had no doubt in my mind about that! So basically my boyfriend and I are always using protection but about 5 days ago that condom slipped off. About 12 hours later we bought Plan B and I took it. I was due for my period like 2 days after but it never came. After what felt like the longest 5 days ever, I finally got it today! So don't worry, periods are often delayed by this. Anyways, this saved our lives. Whew!

August 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by DianeAshley34:

I took the pill twice. I didn't have any symptoms with it. The first time my period was 4 days late. And the second time I missed it for a whole month! I was totally freaking out thinking I was pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy test, they were negative. And surely the following month my period was back in track.

August 30, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by Stacy K:

I was one of the few people who suffered from anxiety because they weren't sure if this pill was effective. Let me tell you, I am the worst with overthinking and I know what it feels like to be unsure. This pill really does work. Plan B was something I always heard about but never thought I needed until one night of great sex ended with a condom that slipped off. We were both drunk and unaware of what had happened so to be safe, I decided to take the pill 6 hours after the accident. I keep track of my period dates and my last period was on the 21st. I took the pill on the 7th of the next month. I suffered some side effects like headaches, back pain and cramps 2 days before my period. It actually came 5 days early and it just finished today!

August 19, 2014 5:03 PM