User Reviews for Plan B

Learn more about Plan B.

Plan B Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Plan B to treat Emergency Contraception

"Took Plan B 14 hrs after unprotected sex & the 3rd day of just starting birth control pill (suppose to use a backup method the 1st week). Right after I took it I felt a little nauseous, but it wasn't unbearable. My period wasn't due for another 3 weeks (took birth control regularly leading up). Kept getting abdomen pain & I was very tired on random days throughout the 3 weeks. Thankfully got my period the day I was expecting to! So thankful there is a pill for when mistakes are made!"

thankful101 May 24, 2015

"Just purchased this today after having unprotected sex last night. I'm praying it works and I'm not pregnant."

Nickip26 May 23, 2015

"My partner and I were having sex when the condom accidently broke! It was the 14th day of my cycle, so I was fertile. As you can imagine, I was terrified. I took the pill 13 hours later. I was worried that it wasn't taken soon enough. But if you take it within 24 hrs, you'll be fine. I experienced lots of cramping and mood swings for 2 weeks. I seriously thought I was pregnant. I'm not ready for a child and sadly was contemplating abortion. My period came on the day it was expected and I couldn't be happeir to have my period! I'm going on the BC pills so I never have to experience this! Just relax & take this pill ASAP as timing is crucial."

HappyAndThankful87 May 22, 2015

"Hi all! I just wanted to comment on my experience with Plan B, though different than all experiences out there, I thought it might shed a little light for some of you girls! I had completely unprotected sex one night (no condom, no birth control). A guy I had been seeing came over, next thing I know, we are having sex. I ran downstairs and took my roommates spare Plan B, 10 minutes after the incident. The next day I took another pill, 10 hours after. Its been just over 2 weeks....and YAY, my period has come :) Don't stress ladies, you should be fine!"

catlady18 May 22, 2015

"I took the pill for the first time ever 18 hours after the mishap happened. I was ovulating and I also experienced no side effects at all from the pill (not even spotting). My period came the exact day it was supposed to. Plan B works!"

Was paranoid, but May 21, 2015

"I had unprotected sex on Sunday at like 4 in the morning and I was freaking out so my boyfriend and I bought Plan B and I've been feeling super nauseous for the past four days now and have been very paranoid but I found this and read all of your comments and stories and it's made me feel so much better. I'm going to keep myself calm and just wait it out."

Anonymous May 20, 2015

"1st experience: On September 2, 2014 got my period and it ended on the 5th, had intercourse on the 12th ( the condom slipped off) went to get plan B at Target about 2 hours later. I started spotting the very next day [13th] , however, I only spotted on the 13th and didn't get my period until the 12th of October. Plan B tends to mess with your cycle so I didn't get my period again until the 8th of December. 2nd Experience: got my period on April 17, 2015, had intercourse the 12th of May (condom broke ) I got plan B about 30 minutes later, however, I didn't spot the next day like I did the first time when I took plan B on September 2014. I was supposed to get my period May 15 th, but I finally got it today [May 20th]. Don't worry it works!"

shaeleigh08 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

"I am writing this in hopes that I will help some girl out there who is as naive as I was when I blindly decided to take these emergency contraceptive pills. Let me start off by admitting to my very first mistake, which was sex without a condom. Even though my boyfriend didn't cum inside of me, I still was afraid of becoming pregnant since I have read numerous stories about women getting pregnant on the pull out method. Anyways, let's get straight to the story... So, I ended up taking the morning after pill every time we would have sex without condoms. To make a long story short, I ended up taking 4 pills in a time period of 3 months. (Stupid, I know!) I took these pills and thought nothing of it. Until, I started feeling the symptoms that come with it: I was depressed (crying over anything), sleeping 18 hours a day, lost appetite, bloating, my breasts were tender and tingling, frequent urination, nausea, dizziness, wild vivid dreams, etc... I actually thought I was pregnant because it gives you EVERY symptom of pregnancy. After noticing all these symptoms, I decided to stop using these pills and to remind myself to buy condoms. I haven't taken another pill for 3 months, and all I can say is ITS NOT OVER!!! Three months later, I am still haunted by the long term side effects of the pill. I gained 10 pounds from the pill! I've always been skinny and muscular; it's gone! I have a gut and a muffin top for the first time in my life! Had to get new jeans in a bigger size because I could no longer fit in them. My breasts grew a whole cup size bigger and had to get a brand new bra wardrobe. My physical body was ruined by these pills!! :( BUT THATS NOT ALL!! The pill had given me a yeast infection, which was then followed by a urinary tract infection, and the urinary tract infection eventually caused Bacterial vaginosis, in which 3 months later, I am still dealing with!!! I WAS NEVER THE SAME! Please stay away from this pill! Use condoms or some other type of birth control. This will ruin your life in every aspect: mental, emotional, physical, internal... Please take my advice and avoid this as much possible. If it's a true emergency, go and take it, but don't be stupid like me! Be proactive when it comes to sex! This pill isn't something to fool around with!"

Jennygrl89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2015

"I took this pill within 24 hours after me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. It was during my fertile days. I received light bleeding within a week. And two weeks later, I got my actual period. The waiting was crucial!! I experienced bloating, dizziness, and extreme fatigue. Don't stress over it, that could delay your period. Thank God my boyfriend was extremely supportive!!"

Anonymous May 13, 2015

"Took the pill within a couple hours of the condom breaking, yet here I am now 6 weeks pregnant. Don't think that just because the chances are so low doesn't mean you won't get pregnant."

anonymous392068 May 9, 2015

"I had sex the day my period had ended, so I was not fertile. While having sex, the condom had slipped off inside of me. I was super paranoid about any cum coming out so I took plan b about 12 hours later. I had symtoms about two days later - moody, nausea, fatigue. About a week later I then bled for three days, and it wasn't my regular period. My normal period did not come at the expected time. It was about two weeks late until I got it! I took a pregnancy test when it was a week late and it came out negative. The pill does mess up your cycle. Super scary experience, but try to relax! You'll be fine!"

It'll be fine! May 6, 2015

"I am only a teenager very young. Only being the end of grade 10. And I had unexpected and unfortunately unprotected sex with my boyfriend on Friday around 8pm. He pulled out before finishing although I was and am terrified about precum. He told me about plan b and offered to pay for it. I took it at approximately 10am the following Saturday. I experienced headache and fatigue. I took a nap and the symptoms went away. My expected period is next week an I just want to say thank you to everyone writing these reviews because you've calmed me down so much."

Anonymous123455678909876 May 3, 2015

"This is to all the girls out there who are like me, thinking the worst and are worried sick about the possibility of being pregnant. I am here to assure you that this pill really works! I was in a really bad situation. A friend and I were both drunk and couldn't remember if a condom was in the picture or not. Just to be safe I took plan b 9 hours after unprotected sex. I was really depressed for a couple days, got a yeast infection, had minor cramps, and diarrhea but still no period. Finally, after 6 negative pregnancy tests and 5 days of being late, I got my period. This pill will really screw up your cycle. So DO NOT worry if you are late! Relax, keep yourself busy, and go eat some chocolate because this pill will take care of everything!"

Mandyyy May 2, 2015

"Usual story: The condom broke. Went to CVS that night and got Plan B. I took it that same night and the next day I slept for the entire day. No exaggeration. I have never slept so much before in my life. The pill did it's job so I don't care but wow I slept sooo much."

Anonymous7098 May 1, 2015

"I had an accident on the most fertile day of my cycle and was so afraid since both of my children were conceived on the first try so I am incredibly fertile. I took the pill an hour after sex and had minimal side effects over the next week. Mostly menstrual like cramps and tingly breasts. However because those can be pregnancy symptoms I was totally panicking. 9 days after taking the pill I had some strong cramps and noticed a little bright red blood after wiping. I thought it was implantation bleeding since my period wasn't due for another 5 days and I had it with both my other pregnancies. I figured the pill didn't work since I took it on the day of ovulation. But over the next hour it turned into a full period! Plan b worked!!!!!!!"

Exhaledd April 29, 2015

"on March 21-25 I had my period. On March 26 I had an accident. My cycle ranges from 28-33 days. I took plan B within 1 hour that same day March 26. That day I got cramps and got really tired. The next day I experienced diahrrea. On March 31st I started bleeding again which scared me and it lasted 4 days. The bleeding was really light. I spent all April worrying. I took over 10 home pregnancy test and they were all negative. Well today I started bleeding again which makes me 3 days late from my actual period. Yet on time from the plan B period. I never want to go through this ever again."

Learned lesson April 27, 2015

"Typical story- condom broke during supposed ovulation/fertile days and took the pill the morning after (within 8 hours). In my personal experience, I had no complications or any abnormal side effects such I have read reported from others (no cramps, nauseousness or abnormal bleeding). I was very fortunate and received my period on the date scheduled as predicted. Although I do not normally or personally advocate non-natural medications and hormones, hey, sometimes one needs to take care of themselves quickly and immediately. Wishing every one else the same effectiveness and similiar positive experience to the one I had with the pill."

EstefMS April 26, 2015

"Hi I am also a pleased user of plan b and my most vital piece of advice is to stay calm. I am a very paranoid person unfortunately and under went sleepless nights in the fear I had got my girlfriend pregnant from a broken condom. Just relax ladies and gentlemen everything will be fine. And on a side note the first time she had taken the pill she had thrown up hours later. Make sure that she had eaten prior to taking the pill and make sure she is calmed down. I had to buy another one as a result."

Jake c April 26, 2015

"Thank you all for the reviews! Got me through a lot of stressing! Plan b works! Ladies at first it may seem like forever! I had unprotected sex and had to wait almost two weeks late for my period to come on! At first I had a brown discharge and this morning got my period!"

Happy plan b April 26, 2015

"After having sex and realizing that the condom had broken, I rushed to the drug store and bought Plan B. It was the last day of when my ovulation is the highest so I was panicking. My period was not supposed to come for two weeks, but I got my period today. The only side effects that I had was a decrease in sex drive, lack of appetite, and I was super moody. Thank God for plan B!! It def works."

ScaredShitless April 22, 2015

"I had sex during my most fertile time! The condom broke and I was freaked out! I took plan B 30-36 hours after it happened. I was super tired the day I took it and slept most of the day. I then received bad cramps I thought I was "implanting"! A few days later I started getting nauseous and back pains I thought I was pregnant! That continued for almost a week.. And I got really sick... My boobs hurt, and I had awful pain in my back. At that point I was terrified! Now 2 days late I received my period!"

Alblacke April 18, 2015

"I love this pill! It works so good. It made my period come very early tho but I'd rather have that than an unplanned pregnancy. My last period was on the 30th and again my period came the 10th so it was so early. I absolutely love this pill tho. It worked 100% for me and I do recommend it :)"

eetiamdopee April 11, 2015

"My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I took Plan B about 6 hours later. I had a large amount of pregnancy symptoms about a week after taking the pill, and was constantly freaking out about the possibility of me being pregnant. I actually thought I was pregnant. However, the pill pulled through and I ended up receiving my period 4 days late."

Anonymous April 10, 2015

"Me and my girlfriend had a condom mishap. We started to freak out but bought the pill 3 hours later. Waited for 2 weeks and her period was 1 day early. This pill works and is effective. Thankful for it."

Qwsx (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

"It happened last day before my period. Technically it's impossible to get pregnant in that period of the cycle, however every person is unique and may be a lot of exceptions. I took the pill ~40h after as I hoped period to start itself. After 24h felt nausea and was afraid that my body rejected it. Nevertheless, my period started 5 days later. I assume its delay was reasoned by the cold I got that month earlier and medicine I cured myself and eventually by that huge dose of hormone the morning pill consists of. The next period came right on time regarding the new cycle. Insist on using condoms!"

Sasha89 March 29, 2015