User Reviews for Next Choice

Learn more about Next Choice.

Emergency Contraception 26 reviews 11 medications

8.4
Summary of Next Choice reviews 26 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Next Choice

For Emergency Contraception "I had intercourse with my hubby if 10 years and we have 3 children already, 2 of which were from a previous relationship and one of our own. We did not want anymore children at this point in our lives. We had sex at 3-4 a.m. , at. 10 a.m I was already at the pharmacy picking up Next Choice and took it in the car with a bottle of water. 4 days later it happend again so again within hours I took the Next Choice.Upon googling wgat happens if you take 2 within a months cycle, it looked like everything was okay.when I took the pills I did not have bleeding at either time,it wasnt till about a week later my boobs got sore and i had back and leg pain and pinching like cramps.I thought a heavy period was coming but it didnt and Im pregnant......."

Now what? (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took next choice within 24 hours of unprotected sex. I have a 2 year old already and I am not financially able to have another child right now. After taking it I felt fine, but 4 or 5 hours later I was so sleepy. I dozed off all evening and went to bed early that night. It's been about 3 weeks since I've taken it and I've been miserable! I've had stomach pains, nausea, and dizziness. 3 days afterwards I was having chest pains. I started my period today and although its really light, I feel horrible. I'm nauseated and my stomach is cramping something awful. It also feels like I'm having vertigo. I recommend staying away from this pill. Because even though it is exremely affective, I want to feel normal again"

CeoR (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill 20 or so hours after unprotected sex and when I woke up in the morning, I had almost immediate results. I woke up with lower abdominal pains (which is normal), and went about my daily routine. I started to experience a great amount of fatigue and I really honestly just wanted to sleep the whole day. I am telling you, the side effects are not too bad. Although, I missed my period. After I missed my period I began panicking but today I got my period! All is well, please do not stress out if you haven't gotten your period. Mine was 4 days late but this pill really works and it is worth the 50 or so dollars! :)"

kmgz April 14, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "This pill gets the job done in preventing pregnancy but the hormones made my body crazy. I took this January 6 with no symptoms until a week later. I had high blood pressure, really bad dizziness, nausea, hot flashes, a slight fever, and really bad breast tenderness. I spotted from Jan 15-18, at first it was brown then a small amount of blood but not enough to fill up a pad. I thought this was my period but soon after the spotting stopped my breast became so sore and big. I had prominent veins on my breast and all over my body as if I was pregnant, back aches, insomnia, anxiety, depressed, small cramps on abdomen, and all over body cramps. My period was suppose to start Jan 22 but it never arrived. It is now March 13 and still no period."

autumn93 March 13, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I am on the pill Trinessa but took an antibiotic, Cyprofloxacin, for a urinary tract infection a week before having sex with my boyfriend. He didn't use a condom and I heard that antibiotics can make the pill less effective so I was super paranoid and scared that I would get pregnant. So about 16 hours after sex I took Next Choice One Dose. Right after I took it I had a headache but that's it. Didn't have any other symptoms for several days after. Since I am on the pill I know exactly when I am supposed to get my period. I felt menstrual cramps and fatigue for a couple of days before the day my period was supposed to start. I had light bleeding and cramps on the day it was due. Relax & good luck"

KTG January 14, 2015

For Emergency Contraception "I took the pill 1 hour after the condom broke.. I was extremely worried because I had just ovulated and I had read it might be less likely to work, but it did. No major side effects other than I was very very tired a few hours after I took it."

Anonymous December 17, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "After taking Next Choice One Dose - I experienced three periods in one month, intestinal pain, constipation, headaches, and high blood pressure. I am a healthy run of the mill 23 year old, so I was extremely surprised by these side effects. I had taken Next Choice once before when it was a two dose. It did not have this effect on body, cycle, or hormones. It has been a hard month due to this medication - but it's better than an unwanted pregnancy. I don't want to discourage anyone from taking this. I just want them to know what they may have to go through. Like I said, it's still a small price to say."

Megann2 July 1, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I used Next Choice one dose ...I took the pill 10 hrs after. It made me so sleepy and I was a bit dizzy. On the fifth day I started with a bad headache and the next day I started spotting, now today I am proud to say I'm not pregnant! I was so paranoid when my period wasn't here. Now it is I couldn't be happier to. Just relax girl, it works."

young adult June 21, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill 10 days before my period. And took it 37 hours within the 72 hour required. It made me tired and I had headaches, more than usual. Then round the time of my period I was a little worried, and the day before my period I started to spot for 3 days. It was suppose to come on June 14. So I was even more worried. Then come Monday and thank God, my period came. I never been more excited for my period to come until now!! IT WORKS."

Britt Britt (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I took this on March the 7th, after having a condom break. My gynecologist is the one who suggested this pill. I took it about 12 hours after the broken condom, so I was well within range. At first, I was nervous thinking about the worse case scenario. Within one week of taking the pill, I noticed a brownish type of discharge. I had heard about this from other reviews so I wasn't too worried. Then for the next four days, my body felt very premenstrual. Then today, I got my period. It is a week early, but I will take it. I would recommend this to anyone needing emergency birth control. It is $50 but well worth it. You have to get it from the pharmacist with an ID. Just one pill. I will definitely be going back on the pill full time!"

shopgal71 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "Had protected sex but the condom broke. Within an 1 hr or 2 went to Walgreens got Next choice, took the pill felt sleepy about 30mins after taking it. Couple of headaches after but no major side effects, had one day of spotting but nothing else. Starting getting worried maybe it didn't work. On 5 January finally got my period. Next choice works, just say calm and let the rest fall in place."

Vemetria (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex Nov 28. I took the pill 12 hours later. I was just sleepy. No pain for me. I had my period before was Nov 23 so I had to wait. My period was 5 days late so I took pregnancy tests and they came out negative. 10 days late and I finally got my period!"

Next choice January 2, 2014

For Emergency Contraception "I took next choice one dose half an hour after. Did not experience all the side effects, just a terrible headache on the 5th day. I got my period yesterday (a week after took the pill). This pill does work so don't stress out too much. Just stay calm and let the pill do its job!"

Lilly123 November 10, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "My husband & I were intimate with no protection but we're not ready for a baby right now - I took Next Choice within 2hrs- I was very nervous about taking it since I had been on bc pills for 12yrs up til 2 months ago - I didn't want to mess myself up now that I was hormone free but I didn't want to be pregnant yet - I took ovulation test after and of course it was positive so I freaked - I didn't have ANY side effects at all during first day - I'm due to get my period in 4 days and I've been dizzy nauseous cramping and flushed all week so I'm convinced I'm pregnant - I just took test and it's negative :) I'm praying I'll get my period in a few days, if not then I'll take another test in and submit an update of whether it actually worked or not - so far so good!"

nextchoice (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "The first time I took next choice I took it 3 days after unprotected sex and was afraid it wouldn't work but my period came as usual. The second time I took it 24hrs after unprotected sex my period didn't come as usual but thankfully right before I was about to waste $14 on a test my period came late (better then not at all). Next choice has always worked for me. And I wouldn't hesitate to use again if I had to."

Saints November 6, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "Took the pill about 1-2 hours after unprotected sex was very worried because I had just ovulated so I didn't think it would work but I got my period 2 weeks later! Did experience a lot of cramps and my period is pretty heavy but it did its job and I'm very happy! Try not to stress because that does throw off your period!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "I'm 38, took the pill, had light cramping off and on but no period. A very light spotting that I wouldn't even consider a period. Now a month and 1/2 later, still no period. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests and all have been negative. I'm hoping I will start my period soon but if not I guess its a trip to the doctor."

Still No Period May 17, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "Took the one-dose pill 12 hours after unprotected sex. No immediate side effects. 5 days later I got a very heavy, crampy period 13 days before my scheduled period. Didn't enjoy having this period a week after my scheduled period first ended, but the pill was effective and I'd use it again if I had to."

StacyCecilia April 25, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "I took Next Choice about 2-3 hours after unprotected sex. About 5 days later, I had a very, very light period that lasted for about 3 days. I was so scared it was implantation bleeding. Two weeks after, I had 2 days of a super light period again, then 3 days of an actual period. Not pregnant!"

Anonymous April 8, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "Took Next Choice 12 hours after intercourse, on day 13 of cycle. I didn't fully understand how much ovulation increased your chances of conception, so I didn't know taking Next Choice was worthless at that time. Felt weird the first day, and a little queasy, but really I had no side effects. I was terrified that I would be in agony and vomiting. Nothing though. The next two weeks were horrible with anxiety. I started getting period cramps 7 (constant) days before actual period, and would get nauseous in car as well. Neither of these two symptoms normally happen to me. It was probably because of stress though. I got my period today, right when it was due (15 days after taking Next Choice). Ladies, don't have sex near ovulation if not on birth control. "

Anonymous March 18, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "I took this one hour after unprotected sex and I am not pregnant! It was in the middle of my cycle so I was very worried I would conceive, but the medicine thankfully worked. I have had a lot of bad side effects (nausea, fatigue, early period lasting 2 weeks) but I will take those over pregnancy. Overall happy with it."

021613 March 6, 2013

For Emergency Contraception "I took this pill the same day after unprotected sex and was told that I would have horrible side effects and this was my first time ever taking an emergency contraceptive pill. After I took it, I kept waiting to feel pain but I had NO side effects at ALL which made me very happy. I'm going to take a test in the next week or two to see if it worked. "

Anonymous November 10, 2012

For Emergency Contraception "I had unprotected sex. One hour after this happened I took this pill. A couple of weeks following I had almost all the side effects it warned of, which were horrible, but I did NOT end up becoming pregnant! Feeling under the weather for a little while is way better than becoming a mommy before you're ready!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2012

For Emergency Contraception "It was a horrible experience. I had 4 hours of severe left side abdominal pain that radiated to my back. I felt like I was going to pass out when I stood up and had to stay in bed. "

Anonymous April 23, 2012

For Emergency Contraception "I just took it yesterday and I can barely walk from the sharp lower left hand side pain on my back. I haven't eaten anything and my boyfriend still thinks I'm pregnant. I hope I'm not. Next week I will take a test to see but overall I'm hoping this pill works for me."

Anonymous December 22, 2011