Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Depression 18 reviews 75 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 6 reviews 44 medications

3.9
Summary of Fetzima reviews 24 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Fetzima

Review by JT263 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medicine can be very dangerous and send you into Serotonin Syndrome. I ask everyone out there to please know the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome and report to you nearest Emergency Room Immediately if you are having symptoms.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 5:13 PM

Review by GrumpyMonk (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: I've been taking 40mg of Fetzima daily for the past 9 months. For me it's hands down the best antidepressant I've ever tried. My mood is significantly better and I have more energy. Most importantly it has lifted my need for other mood altering medicines. I have been sober for four months without really trying. Amazingly I no longer feel the need to "escape" reality. I hope and pray it continues to work as it's given me a glimpse of what life without addiction and depression can be. It's been life changing. As for side effects I have noticed an increase in irritability. I have had inconsistencies in the bedroom as well. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Overall well worth it for me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 6:55 PM

Review by Jtryn:

For Major Depressive Disorder: Male, taken sample as directed. Difficult And way too frequent urination at night. Dribbling, sudden urge to go but can't. Discontinuing after 4 days. Cymbalta another SNRI didn't do that.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 3:40 AM

Review by Was so Tired of it all:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I came to this website looking to see if anyone else had the impacts that I did. I've been on 10 or so meds prior to this over 20 years now. I hope this isn't inappropriate, but medically speaking I think this might be important to others. After taking this only 6 days now my depression levels have stayed the same, but I can't help but notice my sex drive is back and it's almost unbelievable to me. I lost a marriage over depression and the lack of sex drive because of meds. As well, lack of sex drive in itself made me really depressed. The agony of wanting sex to feel good was unimaginable. But depression in control was more important. And I only switched to this med because of cost. Best thing that has happened to me in forev

February 3, 2015 12:23 AM

Review by WeeBeastie:

For Depression: Have been on many antidepressants, most either not effective enough or side effects were too much. I am on 40mg in 3rd month. On the side I have much more energy, I am no longer sleeping excessively, my anger/irritability is much less. Most important, my depression is much better and emotionally I feel much better. Now, Started getting headaches, severe ones, that only responded to ice packs. Then my blood pressure went way way up. The headaches are probably related to the elevated blood pressure. I also got the sweats (at first I thought it was menopause, but not so). I was also having a hard time sleeping. Finally heart racing. Will try a bit longer to see if body can adapt to it, because my mood is much better, but worried regarding side effects.

January 22, 2015 5:15 PM

Review by Kristys1989:

For Depression: I threw up a few hours after taking this. I discontinued immediately.

January 17, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: It worked "okay" however the sweating on this medication is way more than I can take.

November 4, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by GDD30:

For Depression: I started Fetzima 4 months ago. My blood pressure went up dramatically to the point that now I am on blood pressure medication. I am also irritable now. I see my doctor in one week and I will tell him to change it. I've never had a blood pressure side effect from medication before. My blood pressure was also normal.

October 17, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Jillbillyjones (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I've been taking this for almost 2 months. After doing more research I've realized it isn't for me. I feel no worse or better then when I started it. I have post traumatic stress disorder and this doesn't seem to be helping at all.

October 6, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I was on Fetzima for a couple of months but my depression was still really bad. The doctor kept increasing my dose with no signs of improvement. Eventually, my blood pressure and pulse was so high that I had to come off.

September 22, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by Justbeingme:

For Depression: The doctor tried this to help with depression and bipolar disorder. It caused more anxiety and didn't work well at all. Only stayed on it 2 weeks and couldn't take it anymore.

August 11, 2014 12:16 PM

Review by Katt11max (taken for less than 1 month):

For Major Depressive Disorder: Dealing with depression and anxiety. Tapered off Elavil for three weeks before starting Fetzima.I'm on day 8 with Fetzima. Two days @ 20mg and then up to 40mg per day. Started Fetzima... The first two days felt great...happy and relaxed. The next few I was GRUMPY, Mad at the world. Not irrational, just mad. Bad mood. Now on day eight I'm feeling good. No obsessive thoughts about bad things, thinking super clearly which was a huge issue for me. Don't need as much sleep and seem to have more energy, though not manic. I think I've lost a little weight which is good for me. I was concerned about my blood pressure which was a little high pre Fetzima but no issues. No other side effects.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 2:49 PM

Review by Adoni:

For Depression: I started out on 40 mg now I'm on 80 mg, so far so good!!

July 31, 2014 9:21 PM

Review by ksm888:

For Depression: I was only able to take it 4 days on day four I got very I'll started as uncontrollable depression then violent vomiting. I proceed with Dr advice to go back to old medicines. I've been off it 2 days. I can't eat without severe stomach pain no matter what I eat.

June 19, 2014 1:01 AM

Review by Hannah_Brooke (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I suffer from Severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder . The comment above me was almost like a mirror image! I was so relieved to see that another person has been on every anti-depressant out there and none had really worked... For me however, all the anti-depressants I have been on in the past have actually caused an opposite effect than what they are meant to do. I would become even more depressed and even suicidal. I have Systemic Lupus, (among many other serious health issues) and in my case, the Lupus is very severe. It is pain, every waking moment. The Fetzima 40mg has helped a bit with that, it hasn't made me more depressed and I think I may even be feeling a bit more positive. So, all in all, I think it may be working : )

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 6:02 PM

Review by asdfghjkl1:

For Depression: The potential side effect list became my life. I got everything, the extreme sweating, nausea, dry mouth, constipation... all of it. Had to stop going to my daily kickboxing classes completely because I'd get dizzy and throw up every five minutes until I stopped working out. I had to plan taking it around being able to spend two hours in bed not moving in air conditioning just to keep it down. Saw 0 effect on mood, I was switched to a new one yesterday and hopefully life gets better.

June 4, 2014 1:47 AM

Review by CGuz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Only was able to take this for two days. Second day I felt just awful. Similar to Wellbutrin. I don't think my body can handle norepinephrine increase. I also got painful urination that lasted days after I took my last pill... ouch it hurt.

June 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by Dealingwithitall (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I started Fetzima at the request of my doctor as my mood was very dull and I was using Alcohol to help with anxiety. After 8 weeks at 40 mg I could not handle the excessive sweating that was so bad I was showering sometimes 4 times a day and washing my sheets almost daily. The worst part was the excessive pain after intercourse that would almost bring tears to my eyes from the pain. I have since been moved to another SSRI.

May 27, 2014 2:49 PM

Review by Squonk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Started on 20mg daily and went up to 40mg. Little or no mood changes. Some of the worst side effects I've experienced: Loss of libido, erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Pain with urination. Initial loss of appetite which then seemed to swing the other way and make me want to eat constantly. Very increased irritability, to the point that I caught myself screaming insults at the computer or other drivers (in private, thankfully), pounding my fist on the desk, and having to plug in headphones and crank the music loud enough so that all the little noises around me didn't make me scream in anger.

May 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Review by Mel's:

For Depression: I was started on 40mg for 2 weeks..I felt like someone was pulling out the floor from under me and tipping the room. I was decreased to 20mg with unfortunately no improvement. I was previously on Cymbalta that seemed to "stop working". I'm now currently on Paxil which will hopefully help with my sadness and anxiety

May 14, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by StacyW:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started Fetzima earlier this year (2014) and I am now going off of it because it just didn't work for me. The one thing it did do for me was give me some energy which I sorely lack. That's why I gave it a "3" because it did do something. But what I really need is something to lift my mood, and this it did not do. The depression is still very bad. My doctor just switched me to Brintellix today. Here's hoping.

May 1, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by headrush (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: All I have to say is Wow! this is like taking Red Bull as an anti-depressant. So far so good, I just hope this feeling lasts and side effects do not kick in.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 7:58 PM

Review by Replacing Effexor, Lexapro with Fetzima:

For Depression: I have been taking Effexor, 300 mg for 15 years and Lexapro, 40 mg for about eight. I have tried to stop taking Effexor twice with horrible experiences each time. My depression began to increase so the Dr. prescribed stopping Lexapro immediately and gradually decreasing Effexor and replacing it with Fetzima (first 40, now 80mg). I was hesitant due to my prior experiences but the Dr. seemed confident. After 12 weeks, today is my first day without any Effexor, only 80 mg of Fetzima. I feel great; I had no negative side effects from the changes and notice definite improvement in my depression. I believe the depression will continue to lift with time. I am so relieved to finally be free of Effexor I believe Fetzima made it possible.

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Fetizma:

For Depression: I have tried every antidepressant in the books over the past twelve years, you name it, I've been on it for an extended period of time "waiting for it to begin working" I have bipolar tendencies and panic disorder which has been so bad at times I've literally fallen down and been physically crippled for long periods of time, sometimes up to four hours due to hyperventilation. Recently traumatic events one after the other left me also with a whopping case of depression to top everything off. My doctor began a starter pack of the Fetizma and now I'm on an 80 mg dose. My anxiety is all but gone, it leaves me extremely calm without feeling sedated and as an added bonus it seems to have greatly reduced my chronic pain. Life just seems better.

201 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 7:27 PM