User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Major Depressive Disorder 13 reviews 46 medications

5.3
Depression 27 reviews 76 medications

4.9
Summary of Fetzima reviews 40 reviews 5.1

Reviews for Fetzima

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on the max dosage 120 mg for 3 months now and feel more human than I have in years. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 rating is because I do have side effects that include: severe sweating, easy bruising, occasional aggressiveness (may just be my personality as I get it under control pretty quickly), my blood pressure (normally very low) has seen a changeable elevation, increased flatulence, migraines linger longer (though I get them less often). While I would love to find a medication that has me feeling this human without the side effects, so far this one has worked better than any of the others I've tried."

Less Side Effects Than Others (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2015

For Depression "My doctor gave me this medicine as a treatment for my depression, I also suffer with anxiety. I tried it for a few days and I have to say the side effects really beat me up. I would wake up feeling so crazy and on the second day I had an intense crying/yelling manic anxiety attack. The next day I was laying down feeling relaxed when my heart rate and blood pressure suddenly shot up. I didn't feel anxious or anything it was just my heart rate that shot up it lasted about 30 mins and it was scary to say the least. This drug may be effective for some people but as for me it simply didn't work, maybe if I took it longer but I was risking my heart health. I'm 25 years old I'm to young to be living like someone 3x my age"

Ben_Y (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Fetzima 3 months. I take the 40 MG extended release. This has been the best medication I have been on. I have increased energy. I can focus and stay on task. I do not feel hopeless and have an opinion now. The side effects I have are dry mouth, constipation, my face and chest will turn red and feel hot to me at times, my neck will break out. I have also had some irritability and anger. I feel like this is because I walked around is a fog with no thoughts or opinions for so long that now I'm engaged in life and paying attention somethings that use to not bother me do now. For me my effects from this medication have not changed at all. The benefits definitely outweigh the mild side effects."

Something Special (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2015

For Depression "I had recently lost just about everything i had but my truck, and was suffering from major depression. Couldn't even find the strength or will to get off my grandmothers couch. The doc gave me the first 3 weeks dosage (2 20mg then up to 40). The very first day I noticed changes. I had my energy back, I wanted to do things again. The side effects didn't kick in until day 4. Nausea, constipation, and overall foul stomach. My stomach made noises that I've never before heard it make. It was putting me in such a great mood that I just pushed through it and in about a week, with lots of antacid and stool softener, it subsided. This medicine has helped me tremendously so far in my battle with depression."

The Bacon Thug (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had MDD for a while along with anxiety. I have tried so many medications, and am medication resistant. Prior to taking Fetzima, I was on Topamax which helped me quite a bit when I was not in a good place. However, it was not helping anymore, so my doc thought maybe going to an SNRI may help. I had mostly been on SSRI's before. The Fetzima really helped me with motivation and getting engaged in my day. I am taking 80 mg right now. I had tried the 120mg, but went back down since I couldn't tell a difference between the two. I have been on Fetzima now for about 4-5 months. I really don't have any side effects. The first week or two, I had a little nausea, but no SE now :). Best Wishes!"

Capt. July 29, 2015

For Depression "I am on my third week, 20mlgm first two now 40. Doc plans on two weeks at 40 then 80. I:m not sure if I will stay there or what just yet. The only side effect thus far was about a week of lightheadedness upon rising, which has since subsided. I do believe the depression doesn't feel quit as heavy and the three hours I do sleep were better sounder sleep. I have tried everything there is and this is wook for a whole then side effects outweigh bennifit or just stop working. I am hoping that the seemingly quick response continues. This could be the one. Hopefully the saratonin reuptake adds to it's effectiveness. Waiting to see../"

Dmac5018 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2015

For Depression "I have had severe depression since my teens and have been on antidepressants for many years. Fortunately I have had beneficial effects from several over the years. The most effective treatment to date has been a combination of Wellbutrin and Cymbalta. I took that combination for ten+ years and unfortunately I recently started slipping downward, increased depression and feeling out of control. I was prescribed Fetzima (transitioned off Cymbalta) and completed the starter pack with the only benefit being increased energy. My Dr then increased the doseage to 80mg and have been at 80mg for two + weeks. I have never felt (for lack of a better word) so crazy in my life! I have been so irretiable, angry, depressed and unreasonable and feeling"

Momzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

For Depression "I transitioned from Venlafaxine for Fetzima over 3 weeks. Migraines during this timeframe. I have been on only Fetzima for 5 weeks. My overall mood and ability to concentrate is much improved but the side effects are bothersome. One side effect not mentioned here is what I am guessing is an hormonal imbalance. My nipples are sensitive and swollen (I am a 58 yo male) and have outbreaks of acne mostly on my neck area. My blood pressure went for normal to hypertension stage one. Increased headaches (not migraine quality) and blurred vision. Fits of anger/irritated feelings especially when driving. But I do feel emotionally better than when taking Bupropion and Venlafaxine."

Chuck em June 22, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Took Fetzima 40mg for first time last night, kept waking up all night, horrible gas, woke in the morning(5am) and had to throw up, also had excessive sweating, headache, overall sour stomach. Will not continue taking medication, have never had such a bad reaction to antidepressant before today."

somethingclever (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Other meds not effective and troubling to Doctor. I started FETZIMA 40mg 5 days ago, including taper off Wellbutron and Escaltalipram. Side effects - heavy sweating, couple of headaches, occasional nausea, frequent diarrhea, little bouts of grouchy, inconsistent sleep, feel unsteady - - improved mood, better energy. I'm hoping for negative effects to stop or be manageable. I see Dr in a week. I'll hang in there til then ."

i m Pearl (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2015

For Depression "25, Male. I noticed the previous reviewer mentioned having ocular symptoms with Fetzima. I’ve also been having these issues. Specifically, I’ve had eye pain, a feeling of pressure behind the eyes and a tight feeling as if my eyes are about to pop out of my head. Other than the previous reviewer, I haven’t seen anyone else mention it, and it doesn’t seem to be an acknowledged side effect in the literature. I’ve had a number of other side effects, but they are manageable; this one is most troubling. I’ve been on the drug 3 months and I would have already quit except it’s the only drug (of many I’ve tried) that has helped my energy, focus and motivation. I will probably see an ophthalmologist before I decide whether to discontinue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Fetzima for about 2 months. I've noticed improvement of my mood and general outlook, and have experienced some of the typical and more minor side effects, but the ocular symptoms are most worrisome. After about a month on this med, my lower right eye lid began twitching intermittently. It does so on a regular basis, and now I am experiencing a strange tightening in my eyes and blurred vision. It flares up randomly, and generally my eyes now feel like they're too big for their sockets. Progressive worsening concerns me as does permanent damage to my eyes. My doctor recommended a daily dosage of Magnesium and increased water intake. Unsure if I should continue to try and stabilize the symptoms, or stop all together!"

AXFL May 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started with 20mg and stayed on that for 1 month. I didn't see much of a change in with my issues but was a tiny bit better. I went to 40mg for 4 months and I felt some improvement but I became depressed again. I have just started 80mg last week. I was feeling angry and nervous and not sleeping at all for about 4 days. I'm on the 6th day now and those side effects are almost gone. I'll update after a little more time goes by. But I am feeling a little more motivated and awake."

Ssfb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

For Depression "Didn't help my anxiety at all although it does have serotonin in it. However, did help me see reality a bit clearer and begin to feel good emotoons again. Sadly had to get off of it because it caused an allergic reaction after four days with hives and itching. Also made me feel foggy brained, shame after spending $87 on a months worth and having to quit after four days."

Good for depeession not anxiety April 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "On day 10 of Fetzima 40mg after lexapro stopped helping me even though i still take it. So far so good it seems to be helping my mood hope it continues. No side effects that i notice. Going to be upped to 80mg as long as my BP is ok. The struggle continues wont stop till i find some kind of normality"

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Depression "I have been on cymbalta for years. Recently I went through a series of extreme life changes. Cymbalta didn't seem to be working. I went into a deep depression. My doctor switched me to fetzima. I am on day 10 my medication. I have notice extreme sweating and out burst of anger. I was more laid back on Cymbalta. I am hoping if I give it a little more time that maybe the effects will get better."

Jess B March 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine can be very dangerous and send you into Serotonin Syndrome. I ask everyone out there to please know the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome and report to you nearest Emergency Room Immediately if you are having symptoms."

JT263 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking 40mg of Fetzima daily for the past 9 months. For me it's hands down the best antidepressant I've ever tried. My mood is significantly better and I have more energy. Most importantly it has lifted my need for other mood altering medicines. I have been sober for four months without really trying. Amazingly I no longer feel the need to "escape" reality. I hope and pray it continues to work as it's given me a glimpse of what life without addiction and depression can be. It's been life changing. As for side effects I have noticed an increase in irritability. I have had inconsistencies in the bedroom as well. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Overall well worth it for me!"

GrumpyMonk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Male, taken sample as directed. Difficult And way too frequent urination at night. Dribbling, sudden urge to go but can't. Discontinuing after 4 days. Cymbalta another SNRI didn't do that."

Jtryn February 26, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I came to this website looking to see if anyone else had the impacts that I did. I've been on 10 or so meds prior to this over 20 years now. I hope this isn't inappropriate, but medically speaking I think this might be important to others. After taking this only 6 days now my depression levels have stayed the same, but I can't help but notice my sex drive is back and it's almost unbelievable to me. I lost a marriage over depression and the lack of sex drive because of meds. As well, lack of sex drive in itself made me really depressed. The agony of wanting sex to feel good was unimaginable. But depression in control was more important. And I only switched to this med because of cost. Best thing that has happened to me in forev"

Was so Tired of it all February 3, 2015

For Depression "Have been on many antidepressants, most either not effective enough or side effects were too much. I am on 40mg in 3rd month. On the side I have much more energy, I am no longer sleeping excessively, my anger/irritability is much less. Most important, my depression is much better and emotionally I feel much better. Now, Started getting headaches, severe ones, that only responded to ice packs. Then my blood pressure went way way up. The headaches are probably related to the elevated blood pressure. I also got the sweats (at first I thought it was menopause, but not so). I was also having a hard time sleeping. Finally heart racing. Will try a bit longer to see if body can adapt to it, because my mood is much better, but worried regarding side effects."

WeeBeastie January 22, 2015

For Depression "I threw up a few hours after taking this. I discontinued immediately."

Kristys1989 January 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It worked "okay" however the sweating on this medication is way more than I can take. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2014

For Depression "I started Fetzima 4 months ago. My blood pressure went up dramatically to the point that now I am on blood pressure medication. I am also irritable now. I see my doctor in one week and I will tell him to change it. I've never had a blood pressure side effect from medication before. My blood pressure was also normal."

GDD30 October 17, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking this for almost 2 months. After doing more research I've realized it isn't for me. I feel no worse or better then when I started it. I have post traumatic stress disorder and this doesn't seem to be helping at all."

Jillbillyjones (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2014