User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Depression 39 reviews 79 medications

4.8
Major Depressive Disorder 39 reviews 47 medications

4.8
Summary of Fetzima reviews 78 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Fetzima

For Depression "Ignore all the negative reviews because this drug might work for you. I've had depression for decades and have tried 18 different drugs over the years. Only 3 meds have worked for me, and Fetzima is one of them. This drug saved my life. The side effects slowly went away over a 6 week time period. Yes, it is energizing at first and you may need to take an extra amount of benzo to calm you down, but the side effects eventually go away for some of us, although it seems like they never will for weeks. Give it time to work!"

depressionville (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I just started on this new drug. I am very nervous about the side effects as many are listed .... But I've tried so many different medications I have to give this one a try!! I was taking Prisiq but had a reaction from the sun ( even with sunscreen ) so took myself off. I enjoy sitting in the sun and was on vacation. On my second day of taking Fetzima no side effects other than my heart feels like it's pounding a bit but nothing that bothers me too much. I really hope this medication works for me. Stay tuned!!"

New to this drug April 30, 2016

For Depression "I didn't feel this drug did much of anything to lessen my depression. It did give me night and day sweats, dry mouth and a foggy mental state that offer made clear thinking more difficult"

Susan N (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My Cymalta pooped out on me and I was having suicidal ideatons. My doc wanted to put me in the hospital and I refused. She suggested I try Fetizma. It's only been three weeks but so far I feel amazing. It's like night and day. Less depression, more motivated and hopeful. I haven't had any negative side effects. I am so glad this medication is available. It literally kept me out of the mental hospital and possibly saved my job since I didn't want to get out of bed and called in sick often. I hope it works as well for others who try it."

Smusic713 April 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My experience with Fetzima has been terrible. I have never had so many side effects in my life with a medication. At 20 miligrams I felt a little sick to my stomach. After two days the Dr. told me to increase to 40. I felt more sick and then got a bad head ache. The pharmacist said this should go away after a couple of weeks. In about a week I started throwing up and sweating along with the head ache. My doctor told me to reduce the miligrams to 20 again. I didn't feel any better. Now I have gone off it after 2 weeks and 3 days. It's been another 4 days and I'm still deathly ill. Hopefully this will go away soon. The medication started to help the depression and anxiety but I can't live with the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have an extreme case of depression that very few experience, and I have had extreme depression for over 25 years with pain I cannot begin to describe. In the past, Nefazodone and Cymbalta rescued me and each worked for a decade or more, but they eventually pooped out. None of the SSRIs and other drugs worked for me. I switched from Cymbalta to this drug and within days this drug started working. If you are one of the 10% of depressed people where only norepinephrine antidepressants work for your depressed (SNRIs, Tricyclics) then this is a good drug to try. It is too early to tell if this drug will work long term for me. The side effects of this drug went away within a week for me."

Depression30years (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on 20 mg for a month. My dr said I should start on a lower dose because of stomach issues I've had in the past. I've tried SSRIs and I didn't like them. Wellbutrin was fine but now am trying this. My body feels energized in the morning, even if I had only had 5 hours of sleep. I haven't noticed any changes to my mood, I still feel negative. My heart rate has gone up, I notice my resting heart rate is not as low as it used to be (I wear a Fitbit). Haven't had any weight gain, haven't had any libido changes, and my stomach hasn't hurt. So far, 1 month in and on a lower dose than he starting dose, I have had no negatives, but also no real positives either."

Lil95 April 10, 2016

For Depression "Overall I love this med! I feel like me but with less anxiety. I've been on it for about a month to 6 weeks."

Kbmom March 31, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have had a good experience with increased energy and motivation and decreased muscle pain."

Vegwellian (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started on Fetzima 20mg and increased to 80mg over two weeks time. Expected some weird feelings while coming off one med and starting another, but did not anticipate the horrible side effects that happened. By the time I got to 80mg, my GI tract was raw from mouth to anus. I am now on a PPI to repair my stomach. I also experienced dizziness, eye pain, blurred vision, sadness, forgetfulness, and weird dreams. I saw no benefit from this drug and am currently titrating off under doctor's supervision."

JTK (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

For Depression "I switched from Cymbalta which has never done anything great for me. As soon as I started Fetzima people started saying they saw a difference in me. I don't know what I would have done without Fetzima. For the first time since I can remember I feel like a regular human being. I have horrible social anxiety and if I can make myself get out there I do very well now. I no longer keep silent and feel like I shouldn't have the right to speak. I just feel normal like everyone else. I feel happy and normal. All thanks to Fetzima. My blood pressure has gone up but all I did was quite my coffee and caffeine. Actually I took up green tea which has caffeine but my blood pressure is down now. I'd gladly give that up to feel as good as I do."

ricci92311 March 3, 2016

For Depression "Switched from Zoloft, after the initial first week and withdraws from the zoloft, I noticed that my irritability never went away and seemed to get worse. I was yelling at my kids 3 days straight and realized this just isn't me. It's treated my depression but the irritability and agitation along with the other effects just are not worth it. Have a hard time sleeping due to the dreams that I have that only started once I started taking it. Hallucinations started as well. It seems some days I have a hard time with what's real and what's not only when just relaxing my mind seems to jump all over. Will be switching ASAP this drug isn't for me. I would rather have the weight gain from the zoloft. Expensive even with insurance."

Kaliem March 3, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have had MDD for almost 10 years. Lost my job, income, and basically trudging through life. Have taken Lamictal 300mg for years, and Dr. has tried combining with almost every antidepressant out there. Abilify worked great for about a month, my house was clean, lawn decent, and things sorted and organized. Then back to the usual. House a mess, repairs not done, bills not paid. Just wanted to sleep my life away. Started Fetzima at 20mg for 2 days, then have been on 40mg for almost 2 weeks. Feeling energetic and ready to be productive again! Only side effect so far is frequent urination. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!"

CathyNoLife (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've tried Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor, viibryd, and now this. Started with 20s for two days before going to 40s. First three days I was vomiting, nauseous, and itchy. When that subsided the depression got way worse (which is huge considering how bad it was before). I cry and sleep way more. I feel suicidal and reckless. Calling my doc first thing Monday morning to change plans because this is not working."

Jamie M. (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Depression "So far (knock on wood) I have not experiences any MAJOR side effects but I plan on checking back here after being on the medication for longer than a week. I have noticed the sweating (not severe though) my doctor did warn me about it before I started taking it. The first day I had a HORRIBLE headache and was dizzy most of the day. It was gone after my first nights sleep on it. I can't make a good or bad judgment on it YET however if in a month I experience any thing else I will check it - well I'll check in here either way because these forums with REAL experiences helped me when I was first introduced to this drug as I had never heard of it before."

Seve7 February 12, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have major depressive disorder, PTSD, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain, high BP and cholesterol, low thyroid. Started taking Fetzima 20 mg for two days and then 40 mg daily for the past seven days. It stopped the traumatic thoughts at night but need to quit it due to so many awful side effects....slight nausea and light headaches the first few days, awful insomnia, very dry mouth, sore eyes and less clear vision, twitching in corner of eye, hot sweats switching to my whole body feeling cold, muscle cramps in legs, bad constipation. So sad because it was the only antidepressant that worked for the PTSD. It probably did raise my blood pressure but I did not check... got bad headaches like I do when BP is up. Good luck everyone."

7071 February 4, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Started taking 60 mg in the morning for 9 days and then increased the dosage to 80 mg for major depression along with anxiety. The main effects I felt were extreme agitation, irritation, and anger. It was next to impossible to concentrate on anything. My body and brain were very restless. Realizing that antidepressants take some time before they reach full effect, I tried my best to push myself to stay on it to see if I experienced any improvements. I didn%u2019t. So, after 5 weeks, I stopped taking it."

Nick-X January 29, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am writing this in memory of my husband. My husband was on anti depression meds for many years. His doctor prescribed fetzima. I wish he never had taken it. I found him after he committed suicide.This was in April 2014. Please be so very careful if you do take this medicine. I miss him everyday......."

for my husband (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2016

For Depression "I tried 40 mg of this medication for about 8 weeks. Initially (1st 2 weeks) it seemed to work. Then, for the last 6 weeks, it seemed not to work. I had side effects of tummy pain, leg cramps and irritability. My doctor insisted I was getting better and just needed a higher dose. So she put me on 80 mg of this medication. I began to experience extreme bursts of anger and negativity, which of course only worsened the depression. I also had horrid stomach pain and couldn't tolerate it. After going off the medicine, I felt much better. No expense, no leg cramps, heart rate down, rage bursts abruptly stopped after about a week. Yay, I guess. Back to Amitriptyline..."

Tina R. January 19, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I did not have any negative side effects from Fetzima, and it is the first things that has worked for me. Do not drink alcohol when taking this at all; I did and it made me feel extremely depressed. I actually feel like a person now, and I have so much more energy."

namelessinoregon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have adult ADD,anxiety and Chronic Pain. Had to switch doc's (he moved) and the new one insisted I try Fetzima. I have been on it for a week. In addition to severe nausea & vomiting my stomach is rigid. I have been having bursts of rage that have started to become directed inward. Thoughts of self-harm (though not ones I would act upon). Have had flashes of suicidal ideas & am sad. I wasn't sad at all before I took this drug-just anxious & couldn't focus. I have had serious problems with all antidepressants I have tried in the past. I'm reacting in a similar way though it is less severe and my anxiety (when I'm not angry) is marginally improved. Not enough benefit to outweigh thoughts of self harm & suicide!."

Tiredlytrying January 14, 2016

For Depression "Took a 6 week trial of fetzima, after trying Zoloft (which I hated) and Celexa (which was ok). Fetzima seemed to work well! No more bouts of crying or crazy attitude. But my blood pressure and heart rate sky rocketed! While exercising my heart rate would increase to 200bpm! Resting could sometimes be 120 bpm! And although the feelings of depression had subsided, I had my heart to worry about. Not worth the overall long term damage to my body..."

Xris-t (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "Flu like symptoms, totally unable now to control my blood sugar (way too high 150 to 200 I'm 5'6" and weigh 220), totally unable to control my Blood Pressure -its 220/110.very regularly I'm a heart patient on Ranexa, -on depression -some improvement (very little) on Anxiety every day I take it my confrontational Assertiveness and Anger continue to grow, I have some serious meds for insomnia that are now useless, totally not sleeping. I may have to "admit" myself to get a better solution sooner."

Joel4th (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Depression "nausea"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "By the afternoon of the first day I started Fetzima, my lymph nodes were swollen and tender to touch. It feels like it just keeps getting worse. I'm now on my 3rd day and have pressure in my face and ear. I thought it was a cold, but after reading some of the posts, I think it may be related to the Fetzima because I have no other "cold" symptoms. So, I figured I would share my experience so far it case someone else has experienced the same thing."

Nicknamesaredifficulttocreate December 10, 2015