User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Depression 10 reviews 75 medications

5.2
Major Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Fetzima reviews 11 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Fetzima

Review by ksm888:

For Depression: I was only able to take it 4 days on day four I got very I'll started as uncontrollable depression then violent vomiting. I proceed with Dr advice to go back to old medicines. I've been off it 2 days. I can't eat without severe stomach pain no matter what I eat.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 1:01 AM

Review by Hannah_Brooke (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I suffer from Severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder . The comment above me was almost like a mirror image! I was so relieved to see that another person has been on every anti-depressant out there and none had really worked... For me however, all the anti-depressants I have been on in the past have actually caused an opposite effect than what they are meant to do. I would become even more depressed and even suicidal. I have Systemic Lupus, (among many other serious health issues) and in my case, the Lupus is very severe. It is pain, every waking moment. The Fetzima 40mg has helped a bit with that, it hasn't made me more depressed and I think I may even be feeling a bit more positive. So, all in all, I think it may be working : )

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 6:02 PM

Review by asdfghjkl1:

For Depression: The potential side effect list became my life. I got everything, the extreme sweating, nausea, dry mouth, constipation... all of it. Had to stop going to my daily kickboxing classes completely because I'd get dizzy and throw up every five minutes until I stopped working out. I had to plan taking it around being able to spend two hours in bed not moving in air conditioning just to keep it down. Saw 0 effect on mood, I was switched to a new one yesterday and hopefully life gets better.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 1:47 AM

Review by CGuz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Only was able to take this for two days. Second day I felt just awful. Similar to Wellbutrin. I don't think my body can handle norepinephrine increase. I also got painful urination that lasted days after I took my last pill... ouch it hurt.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Review by Dealingwithitall (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I started Fetzima at the request of my doctor as my mood was very dull and I was using Alcohol to help with anxiety. After 8 weeks at 40 mg I could not handle the excessive sweating that was so bad I was showering sometimes 4 times a day and washing my sheets almost daily. The worst part was the excessive pain after intercourse that would almost bring tears to my eyes from the pain. I have since been moved to another SSRI.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 2:49 PM

Review by Squonk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Started on 20mg daily and went up to 40mg. Little or no mood changes. Some of the worst side effects I've experienced: Loss of libido, erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Pain with urination. Initial loss of appetite which then seemed to swing the other way and make me want to eat constantly. Very increased irritability, to the point that I caught myself screaming insults at the computer or other drivers (in private, thankfully), pounding my fist on the desk, and having to plug in headphones and crank the music loud enough so that all the little noises around me didn't make me scream in anger.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Review by Mel's:

For Depression: I was started on 40mg for 2 weeks..I felt like someone was pulling out the floor from under me and tipping the room. I was decreased to 20mg with unfortunately no improvement. I was previously on Cymbalta that seemed to "stop working". I'm now currently on Paxil which will hopefully help with my sadness and anxiety

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by StacyW:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started Fetzima earlier this year (2014) and I am now going off of it because it just didn't work for me. The one thing it did do for me was give me some energy which I sorely lack. That's why I gave it a "3" because it did do something. But what I really need is something to lift my mood, and this it did not do. The depression is still very bad. My doctor just switched me to Brintellix today. Here's hoping.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by headrush (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: All I have to say is Wow! this is like taking Red Bull as an anti-depressant. So far so good, I just hope this feeling lasts and side effects do not kick in.

April 17, 2014 7:58 PM

Review by Replacing Effexor, Lexapro with Fetzima:

For Depression: I have been taking Effexor, 300 mg for 15 years and Lexapro, 40 mg for about eight. I have tried to stop taking Effexor twice with horrible experiences each time. My depression began to increase so the Dr. prescribed stopping Lexapro immediately and gradually decreasing Effexor and replacing it with Fetzima (first 40, now 80mg). I was hesitant due to my prior experiences but the Dr. seemed confident. After 12 weeks, today is my first day without any Effexor, only 80 mg of Fetzima. I feel great; I had no negative side effects from the changes and notice definite improvement in my depression. I believe the depression will continue to lift with time. I am so relieved to finally be free of Effexor I believe Fetzima made it possible.

April 2, 2014 4:34 PM

Review by Fetizma:

For Depression: I have tried every antidepressant in the books over the past twelve years, you name it, I've been on it for an extended period of time "waiting for it to begin working" I have bipolar tendencies and panic disorder which has been so bad at times I've literally fallen down and been physically crippled for long periods of time, sometimes up to four hours due to hyperventilation. Recently traumatic events one after the other left me also with a whopping case of depression to top everything off. My doctor began a starter pack of the Fetizma and now I'm on an 80 mg dose. My anxiety is all but gone, it leaves me extremely calm without feeling sedated and as an added bonus it seems to have greatly reduced my chronic pain. Life just seems better.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 7:27 PM