User Reviews for Fetzima

Learn more about Fetzima.

Depression 22 reviews 75 medications

5.1
Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 44 medications

4.8
Summary of Fetzima reviews 31 reviews 5.0

Reviews for Fetzima

For Major Depressive Disorder "Other meds not effective and troubling to Doctor. I started FETZIMA 40mg 5 days ago, including taper off Wellbutron and Escaltalipram. Side effects - heavy sweating, couple of headaches, occasional nausea, frequent diarrhea, little bouts of grouchy, inconsistent sleep, feel unsteady - - improved mood, better energy. I'm hoping for negative effects to stop or be manageable. I see Dr in a week. I'll hang in there til then ."

i m Pearl (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2015

For Depression "25, Male. I noticed the previous reviewer mentioned having ocular symptoms with Fetzima. I’ve also been having these issues. Specifically, I’ve had eye pain, a feeling of pressure behind the eyes and a tight feeling as if my eyes are about to pop out of my head. Other than the previous reviewer, I haven’t seen anyone else mention it, and it doesn’t seem to be an acknowledged side effect in the literature. I’ve had a number of other side effects, but they are manageable; this one is most troubling. I’ve been on the drug 3 months and I would have already quit except it’s the only drug (of many I’ve tried) that has helped my energy, focus and motivation. I will probably see an ophthalmologist before I decide whether to discontinue."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Fetzima for about 2 months. I've noticed improvement of my mood and general outlook, and have experienced some of the typical and more minor side effects, but the ocular symptoms are most worrisome. After about a month on this med, my lower right eye lid began twitching intermittently. It does so on a regular basis, and now I am experiencing a strange tightening in my eyes and blurred vision. It flares up randomly, and generally my eyes now feel like they're too big for their sockets. Progressive worsening concerns me as does permanent damage to my eyes. My doctor recommended a daily dosage of Magnesium and increased water intake. Unsure if I should continue to try and stabilize the symptoms, or stop all together!"

AXFL May 2, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started with 20mg and stayed on that for 1 month. I didn't see much of a change in with my issues but was a tiny bit better. I went to 40mg for 4 months and I felt some improvement but I became depressed again. I have just started 80mg last week. I was feeling angry and nervous and not sleeping at all for about 4 days. I'm on the 6th day now and those side effects are almost gone. I'll update after a little more time goes by. But I am feeling a little more motivated and awake."

Ssfb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

For Depression "Didn't help my anxiety at all although it does have serotonin in it. However, did help me see reality a bit clearer and begin to feel good emotoons again. Sadly had to get off of it because it caused an allergic reaction after four days with hives and itching. Also made me feel foggy brained, shame after spending $87 on a months worth and having to quit after four days."

Good for depeession not anxiety April 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "On day 10 of Fetzima 40mg after lexapro stopped helping me even though i still take it. So far so good it seems to be helping my mood hope it continues. No side effects that i notice. Going to be upped to 80mg as long as my BP is ok. The struggle continues wont stop till i find some kind of normality"

nicsnice33 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

For Depression "I have been on cymbalta for years. Recently I went through a series of extreme life changes. Cymbalta didn't seem to be working. I went into a deep depression. My doctor switched me to fetzima. I am on day 10 my medication. I have notice extreme sweating and out burst of anger. I was more laid back on Cymbalta. I am hoping if I give it a little more time that maybe the effects will get better."

Jess B March 27, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine can be very dangerous and send you into Serotonin Syndrome. I ask everyone out there to please know the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome and report to you nearest Emergency Room Immediately if you are having symptoms."

JT263 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking 40mg of Fetzima daily for the past 9 months. For me it's hands down the best antidepressant I've ever tried. My mood is significantly better and I have more energy. Most importantly it has lifted my need for other mood altering medicines. I have been sober for four months without really trying. Amazingly I no longer feel the need to "escape" reality. I hope and pray it continues to work as it's given me a glimpse of what life without addiction and depression can be. It's been life changing. As for side effects I have noticed an increase in irritability. I have had inconsistencies in the bedroom as well. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Overall well worth it for me!"

GrumpyMonk (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Male, taken sample as directed. Difficult And way too frequent urination at night. Dribbling, sudden urge to go but can't. Discontinuing after 4 days. Cymbalta another SNRI didn't do that."

Jtryn February 26, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I came to this website looking to see if anyone else had the impacts that I did. I've been on 10 or so meds prior to this over 20 years now. I hope this isn't inappropriate, but medically speaking I think this might be important to others. After taking this only 6 days now my depression levels have stayed the same, but I can't help but notice my sex drive is back and it's almost unbelievable to me. I lost a marriage over depression and the lack of sex drive because of meds. As well, lack of sex drive in itself made me really depressed. The agony of wanting sex to feel good was unimaginable. But depression in control was more important. And I only switched to this med because of cost. Best thing that has happened to me in forev"

Was so Tired of it all February 3, 2015

For Depression "Have been on many antidepressants, most either not effective enough or side effects were too much. I am on 40mg in 3rd month. On the side I have much more energy, I am no longer sleeping excessively, my anger/irritability is much less. Most important, my depression is much better and emotionally I feel much better. Now, Started getting headaches, severe ones, that only responded to ice packs. Then my blood pressure went way way up. The headaches are probably related to the elevated blood pressure. I also got the sweats (at first I thought it was menopause, but not so). I was also having a hard time sleeping. Finally heart racing. Will try a bit longer to see if body can adapt to it, because my mood is much better, but worried regarding side effects."

WeeBeastie January 22, 2015

For Depression "I threw up a few hours after taking this. I discontinued immediately."

Kristys1989 January 17, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It worked "okay" however the sweating on this medication is way more than I can take. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2014

For Depression "I started Fetzima 4 months ago. My blood pressure went up dramatically to the point that now I am on blood pressure medication. I am also irritable now. I see my doctor in one week and I will tell him to change it. I've never had a blood pressure side effect from medication before. My blood pressure was also normal."

GDD30 October 17, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking this for almost 2 months. After doing more research I've realized it isn't for me. I feel no worse or better then when I started it. I have post traumatic stress disorder and this doesn't seem to be helping at all."

Jillbillyjones (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2014

For Depression "I was on Fetzima for a couple of months but my depression was still really bad. The doctor kept increasing my dose with no signs of improvement. Eventually, my blood pressure and pulse was so high that I had to come off."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2014

For Depression "The doctor tried this to help with depression and bipolar disorder. It caused more anxiety and didn't work well at all. Only stayed on it 2 weeks and couldn't take it anymore."

Justbeingme August 11, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "Dealing with depression and anxiety. Tapered off Elavil for three weeks before starting Fetzima.I'm on day 8 with Fetzima. Two days @ 20mg and then up to 40mg per day. Started Fetzima... The first two days felt great...happy and relaxed. The next few I was GRUMPY, Mad at the world. Not irrational, just mad. Bad mood. Now on day eight I'm feeling good. No obsessive thoughts about bad things, thinking super clearly which was a huge issue for me. Don't need as much sleep and seem to have more energy, though not manic. I think I've lost a little weight which is good for me. I was concerned about my blood pressure which was a little high pre Fetzima but no issues. No other side effects."

Katt11max (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started out on 40 mg now I'm on 80 mg, so far so good!!"

Adoni July 31, 2014

For Depression "I was only able to take it 4 days on day four I got very I'll started as uncontrollable depression then violent vomiting. I proceed with Dr advice to go back to old medicines. I've been off it 2 days. I can't eat without severe stomach pain no matter what I eat."

ksm888 June 19, 2014

For Depression "I suffer from Severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, Panic Disorder . The comment above me was almost like a mirror image! I was so relieved to see that another person has been on every anti-depressant out there and none had really worked... For me however, all the anti-depressants I have been on in the past have actually caused an opposite effect than what they are meant to do. I would become even more depressed and even suicidal. I have Systemic Lupus, (among many other serious health issues) and in my case, the Lupus is very severe. It is pain, every waking moment. The Fetzima 40mg has helped a bit with that, it hasn't made me more depressed and I think I may even be feeling a bit more positive. So, all in all, I think it may be working : )"

Hannah_Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "The potential side effect list became my life. I got everything, the extreme sweating, nausea, dry mouth, constipation... all of it. Had to stop going to my daily kickboxing classes completely because I'd get dizzy and throw up every five minutes until I stopped working out. I had to plan taking it around being able to spend two hours in bed not moving in air conditioning just to keep it down. Saw 0 effect on mood, I was switched to a new one yesterday and hopefully life gets better."

asdfghjkl1 June 4, 2014

For Depression "Only was able to take this for two days. Second day I felt just awful. Similar to Wellbutrin. I don't think my body can handle norepinephrine increase. I also got painful urination that lasted days after I took my last pill... ouch it hurt."

CGuz (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2014

For Depression "I started Fetzima at the request of my doctor as my mood was very dull and I was using Alcohol to help with anxiety. After 8 weeks at 40 mg I could not handle the excessive sweating that was so bad I was showering sometimes 4 times a day and washing my sheets almost daily. The worst part was the excessive pain after intercourse that would almost bring tears to my eyes from the pain. I have since been moved to another SSRI. "

Dealingwithitall (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2014