Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by Breee (taken for less than 1 month):

I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics (and always get side effects!) and get sick a lot. I used to take Z-Packs almost once a month and now I wonder why I hadn't tried Levaquin sooner! This is my 3rd time on Levaquin this year. I took it twice for my chronic ear infection with success. The first time my joints felt like I was an arthritic old lady! The 2nd time I had only some ankle and finger pain. I'm on day 1 today for a urinary tract infection and ear infection from a water park. I can feel it working and I have no joint pain.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by LFrancine:

I swear by Levaquin! It's what works for me. I spent so much money on Amoxicillen, Z-Pack etc... and it doesn't help. I have used it from a sinus infection, UTI, and pulmonary illnesses. It's the medicine of choice for me. I have never experienced any side effects or adverse reactions. I'm very compliant with taking it daily, there have been times I missed doses because they're prescribed 3-4x a day. It's fast acting and does the trick, love it. I do think about becoming resistant to Levaquin, down the road, but by that time hopefully there will be another medicine of choice that is equally as effective! Thanks.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 2, 2014 4:59 PM

A few hours after the first dose my arm muscles started burning like I just lifted a bunch of weights and my neck was hurting on one side but I think it was because I was so tense and worried about taking it. These symptoms lasted for about two or three more doses than went away. Took my last pill today and the only other side effects I had were headache and lightheadedness and my heart would beat faster every now and then.

May 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Review by scholastic1500:

I was given Levaquin for a urinary tract infection after first trying Bactrim, which didn't work. I was really worried to use Levaquin because I read alot of bad reviews for it. However, the only effect I had was that I felt speedy the first day I took it. Subsequent days, I did not have this problem and I made sure to take it in the morning so it wouldn't affect my sleep. It cured my infection wonderfully, and I had no upset stomach or yeast infection after effects. Three months later, I got another urinary tract infection, and Levaquin again did the trick. I really like this antibiotic!

February 22, 2013 8:30 PM

Had a severe reaction, my tendons swelled up.

September 19, 2011 8:06 PM

My dad took this and had ALL the side effects....including delusional thoughts and actions!

February 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Review by Finally:

Took Cipro and Bactrim during Chemo and Radiation. Did not work, may have been because of the Chemo and Radiation, just not sure. I am now on my 3rd of 5 day Levaquin dose and passed my AZO UTI over the counter test this morning, yea. Two months of a UTI is a bit much, although, I now know what works for future.

January 23, 2011 2:33 PM

Used it once and it cleared up the urinary tract infection. The second time I used it I developed tendonitis.

June 14, 2010 9:07 PM

Terrible anxiety/nervousness. Could not finish 7 day course. Switched to Cipro.

March 13, 2010 6:07 PM

I am a 27 year old woman and was prescribed Levaquin 500mg for 7 days (by my obgyn for a suspected UTI post surgery-I had a D and C). I hardly ever have UTIs. My Levaquin, with insurance, was $55. I do not take pharmaceutical drugs regularly, but I figured since this was post surgery I should do as the doctor says. I read the drug pamphlet before taking the pill. On day 3 of taking Levaquin, I started a muscle twitching in my right middle toe. I researched reviews of this drug on the internet and stopped immediately.

November 20, 2009 1:28 PM

I get urinary tract infections quite frequently, about 4 to 6 per year and I am always prescribed Levaquin. By the third dose I begin to feel better but I start getting the bad side effects, stomach upset, vomiting and diarrhea. It also makes me very fatigued.

November 10, 2009 2:57 PM

I only used Levaquin for 7 days. I had tendon pain and the UTI was some better but not gone.

August 16, 2009 4:51 PM

Review by Lorranna:

Worked fine for me, just a little expensive.

August 13, 2009 9:38 PM

Review by Kopplin:

I was put on a 10 day course and only made it to day 5. My muscles hurt, my feet are hot and itch and I have had such bad fatigue. Had headache and outer body experience.

August 2, 2009 11:13 PM

I was on a 3 day dose, and wouldn't have been able to stay on it any longer than that. My skin became red and dry. It felt like I had a full body sunburn. It did it's job as far as my infection, but now I always list this drug when asked for drug allergies.

June 15, 2009 2:35 AM

Review by Pisser:

I react to every antibiotic out there. Levaquin is the only one I can take with no side effects. This is an excellent drug and gets rid of my urinary tract infections fast, with no yeast infection after it.

March 27, 2009 2:39 AM

My wife gets urinary tract infections frequently due to a catheter and 10 days on Levaquin takes care of it. This drug is great.

January 16, 2009 11:44 AM

Works great. Just very expensive.

December 31, 2008 3:36 PM