User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin Review Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 156 medications used in the treatment of Pneumonia.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Pneumonia

"Came down with pneumonia and this medicine fixed me right up. Was on it for 10 days and the only side effect I noticed was feeling extra tired, but that could have been the pneumonia as well. Wonderful experience."

floatingwithellipsis (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

"I was prescribed levaquin for pneumonia. And yes it treats pneumonia, but the nausea and overall feeling of stomach cramps and brain fogginess made me quit five days in, I had to work or at least talk to clients and the way the levaquin made me feel I couldn't do that. I could barely talk try family, let alone friends, I felt so bad. I quit the levaquin, but most likely will need another antibiotic. Because the lung rattling and the whistling noises when I breathe are back, but no fever yet. It absolutely was the levaquin making me so sick to my stomach because when I don't take it, I don't have those symptoms"

ksbarent (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

"Was sick for a week with pneumonia and went to urgent care. 102F fever, cough, no appetite, severe fatigue. Prescribed Levaquin and started feeling better in 2-3 days. Fatigue and cough continued for several weeks. Lost 7 pounds. I did not experience any side effects at all. Would highly recommend this medication."

Ewock (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

"I had a high fever and was treated with Augmentin for a sinus infection but it turned into pneumonia. I was given Levaquin for 14 days 500 mg. It helped the pneumonia but it is hard on your stomach and I have now developed plantar fascitis."

Debbie doodles February 11, 2014

"Took it for 3 days. Numb skin, lips, hands and feet. I can't sense temperature. Heart rate irregular. Seeing cardiologist tomorrow. Severe pain in lower extremities, only when trying to sleep though! Oh and my legs feel like they weigh 200lbs each. Today is 11 days off of medicine and still no relief. "

WARNING BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! February 11, 2014

"Took Cipro for a pseudomonas infection and then five months later took Levaquin. Joint and tendon pain just kept getting worse and I'm still suffering from these side effects two months after discontinuing. "

The Owl. PhD (Physics) (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2013

"This medicine made me feel absolutely horrible. Funny chest feeling, foggy head, dizzy, and an overall bad feeling. Never want to take again. Last three days took 1/2 in a.m. and other 1/2 in p.m. That was a lot better. Have been off for about two weeks, and still a foggy and light headed. Do not want to take again ever. I am 71 years old and it is not recommended for older people."

Dirtroad Sal November 6, 2013

"I was hospitalized with pneumonia receiving Levaquin and fluids via IV. By the fifth day, the fever was gone and the cough was almost gone. I felt overwhelmingly tired for several weeks but my doctor said that is to be expected with pneumonia."

Diane MB September 3, 2013

"Went to the ER with severe coughing, chest pains and fever. After Xrays, CT scan and blood tests, I was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doc started me on Levaquin via IV and gave me a 5 day dose of 750mg. I am on day 4 and feel SO much better! Still coughing a little, but nothing compared to before!"

K.Charlene.T (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2013

"Adverse reaction to Levaquin. Extreme numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes, ongoing dry mouth. First prescribed a few years ago for an infection. After complaining about the numbness I was told to discard them and given another antibiotic. Went in this time for pneumonia and was given a tablet before I realized this was the same medication I had an adverse reaction to before. Experiencing the same reaction after only one tablet, it's now 3 days later. "

Bridalmack (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2013

"It worked great for my pneumonia but it caused my heart rate to go up, chest pain and anxiety. I would ask for a different one if you have heart issues or tachycardia."

Chrissy S June 18, 2013

"After six hours I began to feel relief. After day four, I'm close to 100% cured...but I have six more days to take Levaquin 750mg. I'm also eating a cup of yogurt per day. Make sure you drink lots of water with this medicine or you will feel horrible! Otherwise, I love it."

Snoop5118 April 5, 2013

"This antibiotic is really helping. I had horrible chest pain, mucus, hard time breathing, fever, etc. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and sinusitis. I was given a 10 day course of 500mg of Levaquin. I am on day 7 and only a few side effects. Minor dizziness, headaches, MAJOR fatigue and feeling of being in a fog. Overall tolerable but I cannot wait to be done! I feel pretty much back to normal with only a tickling cough left. Also I should note that I sleep VERY well and my appetite has not been affected. I am pleased considering how sick I was and the fact that other antibiotics made me feel horrible in the past."

CareBearMoore (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2012

"I am a serious marathon runner. Started suffering from strange respiratory problems 3 weeks before Chicago marathon. Flew into town to run with a 102f fever. Doctor prescribed this. Within 48 hours things started improving. Now 6 days in on 10 day treatment and most symptoms gone. No side effects. Didn't run marathon, but this medicine seemed to break a nasty infection."

murrayone October 12, 2011

"I got a severe allergic reaction after taking this medicine for 2 days: my lips were really swollen, fingers got swollen, I got skin rash. It seemed to be helping with the pneumonia though."

Anonymous August 1, 2011

"I went from bedridden to feeling good again in two days. I am on a 5 day plan and on day 3 some ankle aches and pressure in my head. Overall feeling a lot better."

Sherris ! June 23, 2011

"I am in the medical field and this is by far the best antibiotic you can get outside of the hospital. If you have a bacterial infection in your lungs and you want it to clear up right away then this is the medicine for you. On the downside it is a very expensive but at some point you get tired of being sick and realize it is worth every single penny. You will be well in no time!"

Anonymous January 25, 2011

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Seems to be the only antibiotic that will work for me."

Anonymous September 14, 2010

"7-day regime prescribed: now in day 3 and feeling great! Day 0 I was flat in bed with 105 fever. I am 60 and no side effects at all."

Randy_randy April 4, 2010

"This medicine is amazing and I would like to thank all the inventors and people involved in developing and commercializing this medication. I was afflicted with a pneumonia and after I started taking, I started seeing a benefit within 24-48 hours. 7 days of treatment did the job and I have myself back."

Anonymous March 27, 2010

"I have been using this drug for 5 days. I have pneumonia and bronchitis. My cough is better and I am beginning to cough up mucus. My only problem is that I am very tired and want to sleep a lot. I have 5 more days and we will see."

tide February 8, 2010

"I was given Levaquin for pneumonia. I now in a lot of pain in the arch of both my feet and lower back. I am being treated by my Doctor for the side effects."

Anonymous October 27, 2009

"Caused severe tendinitis in my knee, and a minor attack of tendinitis in my thumb."

Anonymous October 9, 2009

"I had mild to severe coughing for several months, tried several other antibiotics and nothing worked until Lavaquin. I almost gave up. Two weeks ago went into the emergency room on Las Vegas with increased breathing and coughing problems. Blood tests, lung xrays, cat scan, oxygen, etc. etc. Two to three days after taking some prednisone, and a 10 day prescription for Levaquin all seems to have completely cleared up!!!"

Anonymous October 7, 2009

"This medicine is very good. It really is effective. The side effects are tolerable. I would strongly recommend that the directions are followed by the patient."

Ms. Neill May 30, 2009