User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 660 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Bacterial Infection

"i have been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months. I was on Bactrin for 14 days , Predisone for 10days which is a steroid which to allergy medicine used OTC sinus medicine then finally was given this med. After only one dose my sinus ,ear pain & sore throat cause by post nasal drip began to disappear. I did experience some coughing the first time Ilaid down but guess what the mucus was not longer greenishyellow draining it was super dark green. That was one serious infection! Tried & true believe me it worked for me. I had laryngitis for 2 months and two days after this medication my voice is back:) two thumbs up"

Steelergal33 June 4, 2015

"Took 500 mgs once a day for a severe sinus infection. By day 3 my nasal passages opened up, sinus pressure and pain eased up. On day 5 I felt 90% better. Infection gone by day 8. Only side effect was I slept alot but that could be because I was sick."

BP72 July 28, 2014

"Horrible shoulder and knee pain"

Emmadog1 February 28, 2014

"Took Levaquin for 4 days after a week of amoxicillin did not help spider bite. Last night broke out in severe hives. Now taking steroids to counteract the antibiotic. Only reason I rated what I did is because spider bite is much better"

texasgail (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

"I was taking Levaquin for a MRSA. Discovered that this cannot be taken in conjunction with Multiple Sclerosis medicines as it mimics a heart attack."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2012

"I was prescribed 500 mg x 1/day for 7 days for a throat infection yesterday. Two hours after taking Levaquin, I went to bed, and immediately upon lying down the ends of all my toes went numb. An hour later I had extremely rapid heart beat and sweating, and couldn't sleep. Today, my throat and the rest of my body are significantly better, but my toes are still half numb. It's the weekend, so I called the pharmacist, she advised me to stop taking the medicine and go to my doctor on Monday."

mewsician (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2012

"Levaquin 500 mg for adult ear infection for 7 days. By the 3rd day, severe pain in legs and calves. By 8th day severe joint pain all over body. Blood work today, but might be reaction to Levaquin. Feels like flu but worse."

Anonymous November 18, 2011

"Took Levaquin for lingering congestion & low-grade fever following a bout of influenza. Read about the side effects involving tendons, so was watchful during the 10 days I took it. Had no problems until the morning after the last dose when I woke up with all 10 fingers painfully locked in a curled position ("trigger finger"). Improved after a day or so, but I still have occasional trouble with one finger. "

mattiem52 March 28, 2011

"This, most of the time, is the only antibiotic that works for me. I get bronchitis and sinus infections almost every year. I get no side effects from Levaquin. If you do, discontinue use and call your doctor. I am allergic to penicillin, so I am limited to which antibiotics I can take."

larrybydesign February 8, 2011

"Levaquin knocked my bacterial or sinus infection out in 20 days. I was having headaches every morning for months and not sleeping well. This really stopped my infection. I could tell that the infection was busting up because my headaches stopped and my sleep improved significantly. The headaches were like something squeezing on my brain that would not allow me to think well most of the day. I was not sleeping well at night and tired most of the day. This made all the difference and has put me back to normal. There is a tremendous difference in my daily work, alert, awake, and sleeping performance after the treatment cleared up my infection. "

Bacterial or Sinus Infection Relief November 21, 2010

"I was afraid to take the medication. I read so much about side effects, when one is older (76) but after a blood test my Doctor told me this was the only one that would work. so I took it, and I am glad I did. It worked wonders and no side effects. If you have to take it I would say don't worry."

colleeenie November 20, 2010

"Very expensive. And I vomited for 2 days! I couldn't even keep water down. "

Anonymous June 3, 2010

"Feel like I have body aches after taking this medication. It seems to keep me awake at night too, which is annoying. Also, I can't tell whether it is working or my body is fighting off my sore throat by itself. My appetite changed too."

Anonymous March 9, 2010

"My doctor prescribed Levaquin (500 mg for 10 days) because she said it would take care of both my UTI and sore throat without having to take 2 different antibiotics. After the first two days I felt better, but the 3rd day my sore throat returned and I began to ache all over like flu symptoms. The 4th and 5th days the calves of my legs hurt, and the 5th night I couldn't sleep because my calves were hurting so badly, I wondered if I had blood clots. Today (6th), my calves, neck and ankles hurt -- I just took my 6th pill and my upper lip is swelling is looked up the side effects and it seems I have most of them. The first 2 days I was very short of breath when walking and climbing the stairs and always have had a headache -- will stop!"

Anonymous December 21, 2009

"Severe ear infection with much mucus from nostrils. Levaquin 750mg didn't help. After taking it I felt my heart was beating somewhat harder. Requested something else that actually worked."

crabs November 19, 2009

"It was prescribed post surgery as prophylaxis. Caused intense pain in the Achilles tendon and calf muscles. Enough to discontinue use."

raven0618 September 21, 2009

"Works when nothing else will, but expensive."

Anonymous August 23, 2009