User Reviews for Levocetirizine

Also known as: Levrix, Xyzal

Learn more about Levocetirizine.

Hay Fever 20 reviews 796 medications

8.6
Urticaria 30 reviews 190 medications

8.3
Allergies 30 reviews 50 medications

8.2
Summary of Levocetirizine reviews 80 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Levocetirizine

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Xyzal has helped keep the chronic sinus infections away while on a biologic for an autoimmune disorder! That's a miracle! I love xyzal. Some days I get sleepy so I take it @ night. Now if I can just get the autoimmune symptoms to go away id be kicking booty! Love xyzal for allergies!"

Dottie O. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2015

For Allergies: "I take this drug since about 3 years ago every other day. I am a HBP patient so no decongestants for me. This one is the one that has alleviated my allergies, as I have been a sufferer all of my life. But it also makes me so relax that I sleep for more than 10 hours, then by Spring time they are not enough for me, and taken everyday, I doze the whole day and symptoms of congestion is worse, I stopped using Flonase because it irritates my nose, then it burns and bleed. So this year I tried myself a combination of both Levocetirizine 5 m and over the counter Claritin. I felt so alleviated from my Spring allergy but I didn't feel sleepy at all."

easysneezy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 3, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Best pill EVER for fighting Allergies! Results have been Phenomenal!!!!"

DivaSupreme (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I have debilitating seasonal allergies, to the point where my eyes swell up completely. Doctors kept saying take zyrtec, take claritin, nasonex, etc. Nothing made even a dent in the symptoms, even benadryl barely helped. When I was finally prescribed xyzal it completely changed allergy season for me. I feel like I have no allergies at all (almost a problem because I forget to take my meds). Anyone who is miserable during allergy season should seriously consider xyzal."

HappyCamper:) May 10, 2015

For Hay Fever: "This has worked very well for treating my allergies. However, the side effects have hit me very hard. I normally cycle 40-60 miles on the weekends with 2 25 milers during the week. Since starting this pill I have had an enormous loss of strength, even feel tired and groggy all day. I am not sleeping very well either. My legs have been cramping really bad while exercising and cycling, I cannot ride over 30 miles without my legs locking up. I will be asking my ENT for something different tomorrow. Be aware that the side effects don't get everyone, they just got to me. Thanks!"

lovetacycle (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Allergies: "Levocetirizine worked on my allergies when everything else was failing! This allergy medicine is a head above the rest for helping you to breathe easier. My allergies were awful and especially at night when I was trying to sleep and my face was pounding with pressure. Levocetirizine really relieved my symptoms better than the over the counter medicines I was taking."

breathing better (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Great for chronic idiopathic urticaria"

ahmedss (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2015

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "This medication is excellent! I have had horrible angioedema (a type of urticaria where the hives form under the skin) since I was ten years old from an autoimmune disease and have gone through several different medications, but this once has worked the most effectively. And I can tell how well it works because when I forget to take it, the hives show up within about 12 hours after the missed dose and once I remember to take the missed dose, within about two hours, it feels as though I never had angioedema at all."

coriiic (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 9, 2014

For Urticaria: "At first I thought it was another case of poison ivy but it would not go away. After a month I went to the Doctor. He prescribed Levocetirizine. It went away the first day. I go off it for a week and when the conditions starts again I take the prescription and it immediately goes away! Amazing!"

all gone July 29, 2014

For Urticaria: "I developed Solar Urticaria a few years back, (allergies to the sun) and I've tried everything from Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra and cortisone cremes and none of them have worked. The doctor finally gave me some samples of Xyzal and I noticed 98% change. I don't take them everyday but if I know I will be out in the sun for an extended amount of time, I will take one before leaving home and it last for 24 hrs. If I am in direct sunlight on a really hot day for extended hours I will still break out in hives but not as bad as I would if I didn't take anything. It doesn't make me drowsy at all as some have indicated. I am so relieved to have found this medicine. Without insurance it can be very expensive. I wish it was sold over the counter."

lrollins62 July 18, 2014

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Works great for me with no side effects......love it!"

Coats1210 February 7, 2014

For Urticaria: "I have been taking Levocetirizine for my hives now for 15 days and all this medication does is put me to sleep. I still have hives and have had uticaria since July 2013. I am seeing an allergist and she put me on prednisone and I have had at leat five differernt prescriptions of this drug that is not really good for you but the only prescription steroid that keeps the hives away. I know this is a very bad drug if taken for a long time, but it truly is the only drug that get rid of my hives, but when I am done with prednisone hives back in 12 hours. Levocetirizine, I see nothing for getting rid of hives and all this drug does is make me sleepy. What a battle this is. :-("

Leighusa (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Excellent!!"

Khrissy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "WOW is all can say. This allergy medication works great. It's for 24 hour relief and I don't sneeze anymore. I have bad allergies to cats but I love them so much, except they almost caused an asthma attack because of my allergies, once I was prescribed Xyzal ALL the symptoms went away. This is like the miracle for allergy relief, it doesn't make me drowsy at all but it's different for each individual I guess. It stops your eye itching, nose dripping, sneezing and wheezing."

Baby115566 October 5, 2013

For Allergies: "I've had allergies all my life, and they get especially bad in the summer. I get completely stuffy and I can't breathe from my nose at any time, regardless of what I am doing. If I take this, they get a better, but not completely gone. My doctor also added Fluticasone and now my allergy symptoms are completely gone. Claritin-D, Allegra-D and Zyrtec-D just didn't help."

Tristanth May 13, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I used it for about two weeks and it didn't really help my allergies but it made me sick to my stomach and it felt like I had to throw up. I stopped taking it and I'm back to normal"

CW Programmer May 6, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "Over the past few years I have increasingly been plagued by debilitating allergies. I have gotten shots and taken Zyrtec, and other allergy meds daily without complete results. Xyzal was recently prescribed and I have had excellent results. I haven't felt this good in years (at the height of allergy season, too)."

Meroche May 2, 2013

For Allergies: "My doctor prescribed levocetirizine for reoccurring hives about 3 months ago. The first night I took a full dose (5 mg) I slept like a rock; didn't get up until the late morning. I now cut the pill in half which has eliminated any drowsiness. It has helped the hives and I haven't experienced any unusual side effects other than when I forgot to take it for a couple of days and starting feeling nauseous. So if/when I no longer need it I will stop using gradually instead of suddenly."

PBJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "After taking Xyzal for only 3 weeks, my quality of life has vastly improved. The first 2 days I felt a little sleepy. The only symptom I still have is a runny nose in the morning, but it goes away after several hours. I took Zyrtec D for over a decade while living in Los Angeles and my allergy symptoms were controlled, but some days I could barely speak because my mouth and throat were simply too dry. After moving to Arizona, Zyrtec D was failing to control my allergy symptoms and I was dry everywhere. My skin itched, my eyes and ears itched and hurt. I tried both Claritin D and Allegra D which provided little to no relief."

Sun City Bruin March 19, 2013

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Hives and itchy skin and very bad hand itch that cased to to scratch. I used to get them every other day for 2-3 hours I used to lock myself in the room and itch and itch and itch then. I was told about Xyzal from my father-in-law. Life is so good with Xyzal. I only wish this medicine is known to more people who suffer from itch and hives that make life so painful. But when Medicine like Xyzal is created. It's very good medicine that can cure allergies or itchy skin. I just take one tablet every 2 days and sleep like baby and feel the best next mooring."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "I have had hives my entire life. I finally saw an allergist and he did tests. He took me off of all medicines and put me on Xyzal. I took the Xyzal three times and I have not had a hive since. Seriously. I had my first hives at 4 months and had hives everyday for forty six years. I do not know what Xyzal did but it fixed me. I stopped taking Claritin and Benadryl and Zyrtec. Took Xyzal for three days. It made me VERY sleepy. I can't even take a normal Benadryl dose without falling asleep, though. I had to take liquid Benadryl, one teaspoon, if I wanted to stay awake. I slept twelve hours with my first dose of Xyzal and about 8 hours with the two successive doses. Then, I never had a hive again."

Anonymous August 25, 2011

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Allergies: "I had been taking Allegra and Nasonex for years, but still did not have good control over my allergies and asthma. I used Benadryl as needed when my two prescription medicines were not enough. The pulmonologist told me that Benadryl has an intense drying effect in your body and that it makes your mucous more viscous (thicker). Within 2 days of starting Xyzal (and stopping Benadryl), I definitely had thinned mucous and my skin was much less dry. My asthma was much better controlled and I had less sensitivity to environmental triggers. Unfortunately, I also started experiencing moderate-to-severe headaches along with a feeling of depression/anxiety. Without Xyzal, I get pneumonia.. with it, I feel crazy. Works, but bad side effects."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "It has been 2 years since I've suffered with Chronic Hives. Like many on this board, nothing has worked. After a severe outbreak of hives, and a visit to my Doctor, he put me on Xyzal. I can say I'm about 95% hive free. I still have some hives but they're not as many or as large. It is very early with this treatment to say that it will continue this way. But, for the first time, I am hopeful. I will return to this forum to give updates."

Estelle A. February 23, 2011

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "Works as well as Zyrtec but non-drowzy. I take Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening for chronic idiopathic urticaria with angioedema."

beaglemasterSTL February 4, 2011

Xyzal (levocetirizine) for Urticaria: "I have been suffering with Auto Immune Chronic Urticaria with Angioedema since August 2010. I am so over these HIVES. I was also diagnosed with a mild case of (ITP) Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) in August as well. Since then I have been on a roller coaster with these hives. One day I am hive free, the next day I wake up with swollen lips then a few days later my arms, back and legs are covered in hives. Since August I have been on Benadryl, Atarax, Singular, Zantac, Zyrtec, Claratin, methylprednisolone just to name a few. A few days ago I looked on the internet and saw Xyzal. I immediately called my allergist and asked for it. I couldn%u2019t believe that it was $113.99 for 30 tabs. It was worth a try. Today is day number three on the medication and I do notice a BIG difference. I still have a few hives here and there but overall, it is a LIFE SAVER to me. I have not noticed any major side effects so far. I have been a little drowsy and I am shocked at that because NOTHING makes me sleepy. I have a feeling my Hubby will have to put this one in the budget! "

Sick of Hives... January 22, 2011