User Reviews for Keppra XR

Learn more about Keppra XR.

Epilepsy 4 reviews 29 medications

9.4
Seizures 8 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Keppra XR reviews 12 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Keppra XR

For Epilepsy "Since I started on this medication, I stopped having seizures. It has been 2 years now. It is great medicine. "

sara bou May 27, 2014

For Seizures "Partial seizure"

ILHAM (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

For Epilepsy "I have had grand-mal seizures since age 7 due to an AVM in my brain. Previously during childhood, I was on Dilantin (major rage problems) and Tegretol (caused liver damage). When the Tegretol caused liver disease and brain surgery was complete, I was switched to Keppra XR (2 pills 2x a day) and seizures have been under control for the most part."

Jishushika (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 15, 2012

For Seizures "Never thought I would ever find a seizure medicine that worked. Keppra XR - THUMBS UP!"

noseiznow December 26, 2011

For Seizures "My neurologist prescribed Keppra initially 500 MG in the morning and 500 MG in the eveninig. I was so groggy it was unbelievable. All I wanted to do was sleep. We switched to the XR Keppra 500 MG twice per day at bedtime and it has been much better. Still suffer from some side effects (skin rash, stiff neck) but feeling much better. 8 weeks into it and all appears well! Good luck to all, I hope this helps."

Anonymous July 26, 2011

For Epilepsy "Keppra XR returned my life to normal. Excellent medication for Epilepsy/seizures."

JME patient July 24, 2011

For Seizures "Had very bad side effects. Caused severe mood swings."

Anonymous April 2, 2011

For Epilepsy "I've been taking Keppra XR for 12 months. I have Myoclonic epilepsy with tonic-clonic seizures. Jerking and instant blackouts are gone but occassionally still having tonic-clonics. My dosage levels are still unclear and time will tell if the current dosage will work. Side effects are not severe and I function very well compared to past medication experiences."

lights out April 10, 2010

For Seizures "Increased anxiety and insomnia, did not control my SPS."

kdoster November 6, 2009

For Seizures "I have tried 3 other types of seizure medications, but they all seemed to have many more negative side effects. Keppra XR has been a good medicine for me at this time and any noticeable side effects went away within a short time."

Lizardoli November 2, 2009

For Seizures "I took the regular Keppra and it made me feel groggy and tired. Since taking the Keppra XR I feel more normal and balanced."

Bosha July 31, 2009

For Seizures "My fiance has been using Keppra XR since January of 09. So far he has not had any seizures. But has experienced all the side effects of the medication. But it does work. I would recommend Keppra XR."

Anonymous June 16, 2009