User Reviews for Keppra XR

Learn more about Keppra XR.

Epilepsy 4 reviews 28 medications

New Daily Persistent Headache 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Keppra XR reviews 12 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Keppra XR

Review by sara bou:

For Epilepsy: Since I started on this medication, I stopped having seizures. It has been 2 years now. It is great medicine.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2014 12:35 AM

Review by ILHAM (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Seizures: Partial seizure

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2013 3:17 AM

Review by Jishushika (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Epilepsy: I have had grand-mal seizures since age 7 due to an AVM in my brain. Previously during childhood, I was on Dilantin (major rage problems) and Tegretol (caused liver damage). When the Tegretol caused liver disease and brain surgery was complete, I was switched to Keppra XR (2 pills 2x a day) and seizures have been under control for the most part.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2012 8:24 AM

Review by noseiznow:

For Seizures: Never thought I would ever find a seizure medicine that worked. Keppra XR - THUMBS UP!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2011 9:31 PM

For Seizures: My neurologist prescribed Keppra initially 500 MG in the morning and 500 MG in the eveninig. I was so groggy it was unbelievable. All I wanted to do was sleep. We switched to the XR Keppra 500 MG twice per day at bedtime and it has been much better. Still suffer from some side effects (skin rash, stiff neck) but feeling much better. 8 weeks into it and all appears well! Good luck to all, I hope this helps.

July 26, 2011 1:19 PM

Review by JME patient:

For Epilepsy: Keppra XR returned my life to normal. Excellent medication for Epilepsy/seizures.

July 24, 2011 10:03 PM

For Seizures: Had very bad side effects. Caused severe mood swings.

April 2, 2011 11:40 PM

Review by lights out:

For Epilepsy: I've been taking Keppra XR for 12 months. I have Myoclonic epilepsy with tonic-clonic seizures. Jerking and instant blackouts are gone but occassionally still having tonic-clonics. My dosage levels are still unclear and time will tell if the current dosage will work. Side effects are not severe and I function very well compared to past medication experiences.

April 10, 2010 9:38 PM

Review by kdoster:

For Seizures: Increased anxiety and insomnia, did not control my SPS.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2009 2:36 PM

Review by Lizardoli:

For Seizures: I have tried 3 other types of seizure medications, but they all seemed to have many more negative side effects. Keppra XR has been a good medicine for me at this time and any noticeable side effects went away within a short time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2009 2:23 AM

Review by Bosha:

For Seizures: I took the regular Keppra and it made me feel groggy and tired. Since taking the Keppra XR I feel more normal and balanced.

July 31, 2009 1:35 PM

For Seizures: My fiance has been using Keppra XR since January of 09. So far he has not had any seizures. But has experienced all the side effects of the medication. But it does work. I would recommend Keppra XR.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate