User Reviews for Keppra XR

Learn more about Keppra XR.

Keppra XR review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 69 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Keppra XR to treat Seizures

Review by ILHAM (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Partial seizure

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2013 3:17 AM

Review by noseiznow:

Never thought I would ever find a seizure medicine that worked. Keppra XR - THUMBS UP!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2011 9:31 PM

My neurologist prescribed Keppra initially 500 MG in the morning and 500 MG in the eveninig. I was so groggy it was unbelievable. All I wanted to do was sleep. We switched to the XR Keppra 500 MG twice per day at bedtime and it has been much better. Still suffer from some side effects (skin rash, stiff neck) but feeling much better. 8 weeks into it and all appears well! Good luck to all, I hope this helps.

July 26, 2011 1:19 PM

Had very bad side effects. Caused severe mood swings.

April 2, 2011 11:40 PM

Review by kdoster:

Increased anxiety and insomnia, did not control my SPS.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2009 2:36 PM

Review by Lizardoli:

I have tried 3 other types of seizure medications, but they all seemed to have many more negative side effects. Keppra XR has been a good medicine for me at this time and any noticeable side effects went away within a short time.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2009 2:23 AM

Review by Bosha:

I took the regular Keppra and it made me feel groggy and tired. Since taking the Keppra XR I feel more normal and balanced.

July 31, 2009 1:35 PM

My fiance has been using Keppra XR since January of 09. So far he has not had any seizures. But has experienced all the side effects of the medication. But it does work. I would recommend Keppra XR.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate