User Reviews for Keppra

Learn more about Keppra.

Reviews for Keppra to treat New Daily Persistent Headache

Keppra made me very sleepy, and my hair came out in chunks- worse even than the hair loss from Topamax and Verapamil. I was also very angry and had no patience with my family. All these side effects, with very minimal help- my headaches began later in the day than normal. I went off of it and am now waiting on my insurance to approve Botox since I have tried all the others with no help except Topamax- which also made me too hostile and lose chunks of hair.

October 20, 2011 8:52 PM

I have had chronic migraines for 16 years. Because of my hyper-sensitivity to many medications (antidepressants, Topamax, Depakote, and the list keeps going), I had a great deal of trouble finding a preventative medicine that my body could tolerate at a therapeutic dose. Keppra keeps my migraines to a minimum (about 8 per year, which is so much better than the every-other-day I was experiencing). I do have some fatigue and depression as side effects, but they are worth the trade off.

July 10, 2011 9:16 PM

Review by myeckie:

I've been using 1500 mg of Keppra for about three years now for a very achy head. Through an MRI, my Dr. found that I have Cerebellar Atrophy. As long as I take my 750mg dose at the same time each a.m., I have absolutely no problems anymore with my achy head that I've lived with all of my life, (til the age of 48). If I wake up late, it's not worth it at all. I'll wake up with an awful headache, that doesn't go away until about 1/2 an hour after I take the Keppra. I also take 750mg just before bed. My achy head is in the past now, thanks to Keppra.

February 5, 2010 10:48 AM