User Reviews for Femara

Learn more about Femara.

Femara Review Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Metastatic.

Reviews for Femara to treat Breast Cancer, Metastatic

"Breast Cancer in 1999 Stage 1 Distant recurrence lung tumor in 2012. Given Femara (letrozole). After two months tumor shrunk. Almost 3 years now on letrozole. No side effects and no evidence of disease."

marie I. (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2015

"Femara for 18 months no side effects for first 6 months, then joint and muscle pain, physical fatigue, bone density loss. Will continue for as long as it works, at the moment looking clear, I want to live."

ramade June 5, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking Femara since the breast cancer was discovered in my lung - that has been 10 years this year. Two types of chemo failed to knock it out and as I was preparing for radiation, I started taking Femara. Within a month the tumor began to shrink and all that is left is scarring where it once was. I am so grateful to my doctor for recommending it to me. My other oncologist didn't even mention it. Needless to say I'm happy to be alive and enjoying life."

Anonymous May 9, 2012

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After a year on Femara I am beginning to experience severe hair loss, bald patches on top of my head and the hair is turning thin and brittle. Insomnia for the last 2 months, pain in my joints, I was diagnosed with Glaucoma and am very forgetful, i.e. find it defficult to concentrate. But, if Femara stops the recurrence of cancer, I'll keep taking it. If it just were not for the hair loss. "

MVR March 3, 2012

"Had to get off of this. I still work and could not get past the "brain fog" and severe joint pain."

jkique November 30, 2010

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After 7 years of several different medicines to try to stop the growth of the tumors, Femara is the only one which worked for me. My WBC is higher, the tumor has actually shrunk in the breast - but being realistic, it's not a cure-all, a patch for a longer life but eventually we all expire. I highly recommend this product for those who want longevity without losing your quality of life."

Still Here May 23, 2010

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using Femara for 8 months, and I have been having very few side effects. I get the hot flashes only once in a while now. I do have some joint pain, but that has been easy to tolerate, if that means I will have a longer life, but only GOD knows that. There is always hope, just keep the faith and have no doubt in the medicine, doctors and mostly GOD."

Anonymous July 14, 2009

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Metastatic