User Reviews for Prevacid

Learn more about Prevacid.

Barrett's Esophagus 2 reviews 13 medications

8.9
Stomach Ulcer 6 reviews 107 medications

Summary of Prevacid reviews 49 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Prevacid

For Stomach Ulcer "I have had no side effects after 14 yrs. In the past 4 yrs. I slowly cut back to 4 15mgs a week. Now I can eat or drink anything I like."

nannylala (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2016

For GERD "I have been taking prevacid for 20 years. I have had numerous side effects in the last 5 years, migraine headaches, major memory loss, blurred vision, heart palpitations, and most of the side effects listed I have. I have taken this medication as I have severe acid reflux and when I stop I have instant reflux, but my side effects are getting worse, so I have to try something different or I fear this medication may end my life."

Anonymous February 16, 2016

For GERD "I have tried this in the past and it works so much better then others I have tried. Now when I do use it I can eat my lemons LOL"

theluvofhelp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

For GERD "I have tried almost every acid reducer made in the last 20 years and nothing worked until I took prevacid 30mg 2x a day. I has severe stomach pain, cramps, pain under right shoulder. Thought I was having a heart attack. One 30mg pill didn't do it, I still needed antacids. Another Dr suggested 2x a day. It worked. It took about 4 weeks for my symptoms to go away. I could eat anything. Periodically I've tried to reduce the amount by slowly reducing the mg, but symptoms always came back. I've tried the generic version because my insurance co would cover it at this high dose, but symptoms came back after a few months. Generic versions are just not the same."

ReGerd (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

For GERD "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well"

thecoxons (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2016

For GERD "prevacid has worked great for me, the other ones do not help, so I stick to prevacid only."

kodabear3 November 27, 2015

For Stomach Ulcer "I take Prevacid twice a day, and never have a problem"

Shortleg67 October 27, 2015

For GERD "After I turned 65, I started suffering from GERD. My doctor gave me free samples of Prilosec to use, but I found it to be only somewhat effective. I switched to Prevacid, and am now heartburn/GERD free! I've been taking Prevacid for about 4 years, and have suffered no side effects whatsoever."

mhorris46 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 27, 2015

For GERD "I have used Prevacid before and it does work well. Years ago, a doctor told me that they wanted to put a scope down my throat. I am not really in to that idea so it has not been done. I do not use this often due to the price increase but I would recommend it."

Shereida October 12, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "I have had Gerd with a hiatial hernia for a lot of years. Prevacid is the only thing that has truly helped me."

funnyface716 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2015

For GERD "I was told by MD that I probably have a hiatal hernia that is causing G.E.R.D. He prescribed an RX. When I went to pharmacy & it was too expensive, pharmacist suggested I try an over-the-counter one. I read all the labels of ingredients on Prevacid, Prilosec, etc. I chose Prevacid because of it's ingredients. I have been VERY happy with it! It works well!"

treke (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

For GERD "I took this for about 2 1/2 years in my early 30's and it work amazing! If I even missed a single dose I was up with horrible acid problems during the night. I do highly recommend it but also consider Fundoplication Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I had this done about 10 years ago and since then my GERD is completely gone and I have no need for the Prevacid at all anymore. I eat and enjoy spicy foods never have an issue. Both Prevacid and the surgery changed my life!"

KellyKellyKelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "This is the only thing that works for me, have tried Nexium Prilosec and countless other stomach medications. Always go back to Prevacid."

extreme acid in stomach (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2014

For Barrett's Esophagus "Worked like a charm , stopped the nighttime pain and burning. Unfortunately my insurance company no longer covers it. "

NannyCarole October 26, 2014

For Barrett's Esophagus "Stopped the symptoms (heartburn and reflux) immediately and completely. No side effects. For me, a wonder pill."

Brakeman3 June 30, 2014

For GERD "I have been using this medication for about 15 years at 60mg a day, to treat severe GERD. Doctors in general are reluctant to prescribe this dosage, but in my case it was necessary. I had been using Zantac and Prilosec prior to that and graduated onto this as a last resort. It has cleared up most of the oesophogus erosion. There seems to be no side effects that I am aware of, but would be interested if anyone has noticed an uptick in kidney infections."

Muddling along (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

For GERD "I had suffered with acid reflux since childhood. I would wake up in the middle of the night, vomit, and go back to bed. This continued off and on for years. In my late teens and early 20's, it began to get worse. My doctor told me about Prevacid being OTC, and I should give that a try. It was getting so bad that no matter what I did or didn't do, ate or didn't eat, I would have heartburn. It used to be just certain foods triggered it. As time went on, anything and everything gave me heartburn. I started taking Prevacid, and now I take 15mg daily, and have for the last 5 years or so. Since taking it, I am almost completely heartburn free all the time. Occasionally, I have to take 30mg. But I couldn't live without it! It has changed my life!"

capecodgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2013

For GERD "I have suffered of frequent strong heartburn for the last 30 yrs. I purchased the 14 caps treatment and amazingly got well after the first take. 100% Recommended!"

LuisGon (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

For Stomach Ulcer "Works great!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

For GERD "Took first pill yesterday, later on that day I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and by evening headachy. This morning I looked at this sight and saw that dizziness was one of side effects. "

henry rocks June 10, 2013

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "I took Prevacid to treat a gastric ulcer I had when I took an NSAID for my back pain. It worked well for me."

roozie1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For GERD "I have been on Prevacid for over 10 years now. Take 30 Mg a day. I have used both the prescription and the 24 hr when I run out. Both are fantastic, never had a side effect and it completely controls my acid reflux and heartburn. Stopped eating tums and can eat whatever I choose. It works like a charm for me."

Macrock (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2013

For GERD "I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years now. It had worked tremendously. I have tried to go without it but my acid reflux just gets to bad. I had two endoscopes done prior to taking Prevacid for scaring in my esophagus. Prevacid has healed my esophagus. I would definetely recommend it for anyone who suffers from GERD like myself."

Anonymous March 3, 2012

For GERD "I began taking Prevacid probably 10 years ago, stopped occasionally, but found I could not go long without needing it. I never thought of anything bad coming of it, I felt wonderful, no heartburn, no need to watch what I ate anymore, no more waking up at night needing antacids. Well, a few years ago, I started having severe foot and ankle pain and weakness, and last September, I fell in the yard and severely broke my ankle, requiring ORIF surgery to put in a plate and screws. My ankle will never be the same. Gone are the 4 mile walks I used to enjoy daily, and, I have also developed some heart palpitations, higher blood pressure readings, and I feel it is all due to my long term use of Prevacid. I stopped taking it almost 2 months ago."

Anonymous November 26, 2011

For GERD "I've been taking Prevacid for over 10 years, 1 in the morning, that's it. I've had acid reflux since I was 13 years old, used to keep bottles of tums in my car, my night stand, my pocket. I suffered for years. Not anymore. I'm 53, I eat drink whatever I want, hardly ever get indigestion anymore. Sure works for me."

daveo58 November 2, 2011