User Reviews for Prevacid

Learn more about Prevacid.

Barrett's Esophagus 1 reviews 13 medications

Aspiration Pneumonia 0 reviews 75 medications Not rated - Be the first
Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Helicobacter Pylori Infection 0 reviews 60 medications Not rated - Be the first
Multiple Endocrine Adenomas 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Mastocytosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prevacid reviews 35 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Prevacid

Review by Brakeman3:

For Barrett's Esophagus: Stopped the symptoms (heartburn and reflux) immediately and completely. No side effects. For me, a wonder pill.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 5:19 PM

Review by Muddling along (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: I have been using this medication for about 15 years at 60mg a day, to treat severe GERD. Doctors in general are reluctant to prescribe this dosage, but in my case it was necessary. I had been using Zantac and Prilosec prior to that and graduated onto this as a last resort. It has cleared up most of the oesophogus erosion. There seems to be no side effects that I am aware of, but would be interested if anyone has noticed an uptick in kidney infections.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2014 1:44 AM

Review by capecodgal (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For GERD: I had suffered with acid reflux since childhood. I would wake up in the middle of the night, vomit, and go back to bed. This continued off and on for years. In my late teens and early 20's, it began to get worse. My doctor told me about Prevacid being OTC, and I should give that a try. It was getting so bad that no matter what I did or didn't do, ate or didn't eat, I would have heartburn. It used to be just certain foods triggered it. As time went on, anything and everything gave me heartburn. I started taking Prevacid, and now I take 15mg daily, and have for the last 5 years or so. Since taking it, I am almost completely heartburn free all the time. Occasionally, I have to take 30mg. But I couldn't live without it! It has changed my life!

December 18, 2013 11:22 PM

Review by LuisGon (taken for less than 1 month):

For GERD: I have suffered of frequent strong heartburn for the last 30 yrs. I purchased the 14 caps treatment and amazingly got well after the first take. 100% Recommended!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Stomach Ulcer: Works great!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Review by henry rocks:

For GERD: Took first pill yesterday, later on that day I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and by evening headachy. This morning I looked at this sight and saw that dizziness was one of side effects.

June 10, 2013 7:14 AM

Review by roozie1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: I took Prevacid to treat a gastric ulcer I had when I took an NSAID for my back pain. It worked well for me.

May 5, 2013 3:02 PM

Review by Macrock (taken for 10 years or more):

For GERD: I have been on Prevacid for over 10 years now. Take 30 Mg a day. I have used both the prescription and the 24 hr when I run out. Both are fantastic, never had a side effect and it completely controls my acid reflux and heartburn. Stopped eating tums and can eat whatever I choose. It works like a charm for me.

January 13, 2013 1:19 AM

For GERD: I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years now. It had worked tremendously. I have tried to go without it but my acid reflux just gets to bad. I had two endoscopes done prior to taking Prevacid for scaring in my esophagus. Prevacid has healed my esophagus. I would definetely recommend it for anyone who suffers from GERD like myself.

March 3, 2012 11:47 AM

For GERD: I began taking Prevacid probably 10 years ago, stopped occasionally, but found I could not go long without needing it. I never thought of anything bad coming of it, I felt wonderful, no heartburn, no need to watch what I ate anymore, no more waking up at night needing antacids. Well, a few years ago, I started having severe foot and ankle pain and weakness, and last September, I fell in the yard and severely broke my ankle, requiring ORIF surgery to put in a plate and screws. My ankle will never be the same. Gone are the 4 mile walks I used to enjoy daily, and, I have also developed some heart palpitations, higher blood pressure readings, and I feel it is all due to my long term use of Prevacid. I stopped taking it almost 2 months ago.

November 26, 2011 1:53 PM

Review by daveo58:

For GERD: I've been taking Prevacid for over 10 years, 1 in the morning, that's it. I've had acid reflux since I was 13 years old, used to keep bottles of tums in my car, my night stand, my pocket. I suffered for years. Not anymore. I'm 53, I eat drink whatever I want, hardly ever get indigestion anymore. Sure works for me.

November 2, 2011 10:39 PM

For GERD: I have had GERD for many years and have tried everything. Prevacid works the best. I take 30 mgs a day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2011 12:08 AM

Review by nancyrslr:

For GERD: This literally lets me exercise and drink coffee without acid reflux happening.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2011 5:51 PM

For Erosive Esophagitis: I was on 30mg of Prevacid morning and night it worked great but insurance wouldn't cover, it would cost $400 month. Stomach Doctor switched me to Nexium 5 days ago, insurance covers it but just hate the side effects. Tongue is numb and throat burns. Went to Walgreens today the Pharmacist said the OTC Prevacid is the same but I would have to take 4 capsules a day. The 42 count box had a $10 off coupon. I bought 4 boxes which equals 1 month the total cost was less than my copay. I can't wait to start taking it tonight and get my mouth/throat back to normal.

May 8, 2010 5:49 PM

Review by Mrs.Doyle:

For GERD: It's the best medication for my acid reflux, chronic heartburn. Two capsules and I no longer wake at night with painful heartburn. I can continue to enjoy my normal (somewhat spicy) foods without suffering afterwards. Please note - the instructions tell you not to take it for more than 14 days. Then take a break of nearly 4 months before starting another course. The over the counter Prevacid is NOT for daily use ad infinitum. If it doesn't help, then you need to see a doctor!!

February 26, 2010 2:32 AM

Review by dr5cft6:

For GERD: My doctor gave me a sample of Prevacid for chronic indigestion and one pill taken at bedtime gave me the HIVES by the next morning. Never having had the hives, I was freaked and called the doctor immediately. I was then given Prilosec and have been 96.6% trouble free since then, switching to Prilosec OTC which was half the price of the prescription.

December 4, 2009 1:38 PM

Review by fireknight16:

For GERD: I take Prevacid everyday it helps me a lot before I couldn't even get out of my house now I can do things I love.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2009 5:25 PM

For GERD: Lost without it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2009 8:54 PM

For GERD: The ONLY drug that has worked for my GERD

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2009 7:22 PM

For GERD: I have used Prevacid 30mg (lansoprazole) for almost a year now. It works wonders for my acid reflux, except when I'm bad and eat something to trigger it! I have found it works better when not used daily. My Doctor said do not take it every day as the effects will wear off sooner, take it when you need it or on a day you know you will be eating something to trigger your acid reflux. As any other medication the effects of relief will wear off but, when you stagger, you take it. It works all the time.

August 30, 2009 2:38 AM

Review by Grandmom:

For GERD: I've used Prevacid for years, then my prescription insurance had my doctor change me to Nexium, my problems came back.

May 29, 2009 9:39 AM

For GERD: I used Prevacid for 8 weeks for a new symptomatic phase of GERD. Worked when I was taking 2 pills a day. When I cut down to 1 pill a day, some symptoms of GERD came back.

May 13, 2009 9:51 PM

Review by 13 yr old pain:

For Stomach Ulcer: When I take this medicine it makes my stomach feel worse. I don't know if it's just me or the medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2009 8:04 AM

Review by NancyFlea:

For GERD: Prevacid has greatly improved my day and night living.

April 1, 2009 5:38 PM

Review by Burning heart:

For GERD: I've taken Prevacid for over a year now. The first 6 months or so were amazing, almost completely heartburn-free. Now, it's almost like I'm taking nothing at all. I think I need to switch to something different. Worked great for a while, though.

February 18, 2009 2:21 AM