User Reviews for Prevacid

Learn more about Prevacid.

Barrett's Esophagus 2 reviews 13 medications

Aspiration Pneumonia 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Helicobacter Pylori Infection 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Multiple Endocrine Adenomas 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Mastocytosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prevacid reviews 38 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Prevacid

For GERD "I took this for about 2 1/2 years in my early 30's and it work amazing! If I even missed a single dose I was up with horrible acid problems during the night. I do highly recommend it but also consider Fundoplication Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I had this done about 10 years ago and since then my GERD is completely gone and I have no need for the Prevacid at all anymore. I eat and enjoy spicy foods never have an issue. Both Prevacid and the surgery changed my life!"

KellyKellyKelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "This is the only thing that works for me, have tried Nexium Prilosec and countless other stomach medications. Always go back to Prevacid."

extreme acid in stomach (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2014

For Barrett's Esophagus "Worked like a charm , stopped the nighttime pain and burning. Unfortunately my insurance company no longer covers it. "

NannyCarole October 26, 2014

For Barrett's Esophagus "Stopped the symptoms (heartburn and reflux) immediately and completely. No side effects. For me, a wonder pill."

Brakeman3 June 30, 2014

For GERD "I have been using this medication for about 15 years at 60mg a day, to treat severe GERD. Doctors in general are reluctant to prescribe this dosage, but in my case it was necessary. I had been using Zantac and Prilosec prior to that and graduated onto this as a last resort. It has cleared up most of the oesophogus erosion. There seems to be no side effects that I am aware of, but would be interested if anyone has noticed an uptick in kidney infections."

Muddling along (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

For GERD "I had suffered with acid reflux since childhood. I would wake up in the middle of the night, vomit, and go back to bed. This continued off and on for years. In my late teens and early 20's, it began to get worse. My doctor told me about Prevacid being OTC, and I should give that a try. It was getting so bad that no matter what I did or didn't do, ate or didn't eat, I would have heartburn. It used to be just certain foods triggered it. As time went on, anything and everything gave me heartburn. I started taking Prevacid, and now I take 15mg daily, and have for the last 5 years or so. Since taking it, I am almost completely heartburn free all the time. Occasionally, I have to take 30mg. But I couldn't live without it! It has changed my life!"

capecodgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2013

For GERD "I have suffered of frequent strong heartburn for the last 30 yrs. I purchased the 14 caps treatment and amazingly got well after the first take. 100% Recommended!"

LuisGon (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

For Stomach Ulcer "Works great!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

For GERD "Took first pill yesterday, later on that day I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and by evening headachy. This morning I looked at this sight and saw that dizziness was one of side effects. "

henry rocks June 10, 2013

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "I took Prevacid to treat a gastric ulcer I had when I took an NSAID for my back pain. It worked well for me."

roozie1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

For GERD "I have been on Prevacid for over 10 years now. Take 30 Mg a day. I have used both the prescription and the 24 hr when I run out. Both are fantastic, never had a side effect and it completely controls my acid reflux and heartburn. Stopped eating tums and can eat whatever I choose. It works like a charm for me."

Macrock (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2013

For GERD "I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years now. It had worked tremendously. I have tried to go without it but my acid reflux just gets to bad. I had two endoscopes done prior to taking Prevacid for scaring in my esophagus. Prevacid has healed my esophagus. I would definetely recommend it for anyone who suffers from GERD like myself."

Anonymous March 3, 2012

For GERD "I began taking Prevacid probably 10 years ago, stopped occasionally, but found I could not go long without needing it. I never thought of anything bad coming of it, I felt wonderful, no heartburn, no need to watch what I ate anymore, no more waking up at night needing antacids. Well, a few years ago, I started having severe foot and ankle pain and weakness, and last September, I fell in the yard and severely broke my ankle, requiring ORIF surgery to put in a plate and screws. My ankle will never be the same. Gone are the 4 mile walks I used to enjoy daily, and, I have also developed some heart palpitations, higher blood pressure readings, and I feel it is all due to my long term use of Prevacid. I stopped taking it almost 2 months ago."

Anonymous November 26, 2011

For GERD "I've been taking Prevacid for over 10 years, 1 in the morning, that's it. I've had acid reflux since I was 13 years old, used to keep bottles of tums in my car, my night stand, my pocket. I suffered for years. Not anymore. I'm 53, I eat drink whatever I want, hardly ever get indigestion anymore. Sure works for me."

daveo58 November 2, 2011

For GERD "I have had GERD for many years and have tried everything. Prevacid works the best. I take 30 mgs a day. "

Anonymous July 13, 2011

For GERD "This literally lets me exercise and drink coffee without acid reflux happening."

nancyrslr April 7, 2011

For Erosive Esophagitis "I was on 30mg of Prevacid morning and night it worked great but insurance wouldn't cover, it would cost $400 month. Stomach Doctor switched me to Nexium 5 days ago, insurance covers it but just hate the side effects. Tongue is numb and throat burns. Went to Walgreens today the Pharmacist said the OTC Prevacid is the same but I would have to take 4 capsules a day. The 42 count box had a $10 off coupon. I bought 4 boxes which equals 1 month the total cost was less than my copay. I can't wait to start taking it tonight and get my mouth/throat back to normal."

Anonymous May 8, 2010

For GERD "It's the best medication for my acid reflux, chronic heartburn. Two capsules and I no longer wake at night with painful heartburn. I can continue to enjoy my normal (somewhat spicy) foods without suffering afterwards. Please note - the instructions tell you not to take it for more than 14 days. Then take a break of nearly 4 months before starting another course. The over the counter Prevacid is NOT for daily use ad infinitum. If it doesn't help, then you need to see a doctor!!"

Mrs.Doyle February 26, 2010

For GERD "My doctor gave me a sample of Prevacid for chronic indigestion and one pill taken at bedtime gave me the HIVES by the next morning. Never having had the hives, I was freaked and called the doctor immediately. I was then given Prilosec and have been 96.6% trouble free since then, switching to Prilosec OTC which was half the price of the prescription."

dr5cft6 December 4, 2009

For GERD "I take Prevacid everyday it helps me a lot before I couldn't even get out of my house now I can do things I love."

fireknight16 October 16, 2009

For GERD "Lost without it."

Anonymous October 15, 2009

For GERD "The ONLY drug that has worked for my GERD"

Anonymous October 8, 2009

For GERD "I have used Prevacid 30mg (lansoprazole) for almost a year now. It works wonders for my acid reflux, except when I'm bad and eat something to trigger it! I have found it works better when not used daily. My Doctor said do not take it every day as the effects will wear off sooner, take it when you need it or on a day you know you will be eating something to trigger your acid reflux. As any other medication the effects of relief will wear off but, when you stagger, you take it. It works all the time."

Anonymous August 30, 2009

For GERD "I've used Prevacid for years, then my prescription insurance had my doctor change me to Nexium, my problems came back. "

Grandmom May 29, 2009

For GERD "I used Prevacid for 8 weeks for a new symptomatic phase of GERD. Worked when I was taking 2 pills a day. When I cut down to 1 pill a day, some symptoms of GERD came back. "

Anonymous May 13, 2009