User Reviews for Lansoprazole

Also known as: Prevacid, Prevacid 24HR, Prevacid IV, Prevacid OTC, Prevacid SoluTab

Learn more about Lansoprazole.

Erosive Esophagitis 4 reviews 111 medications

Aspiration Pneumonia 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Duodenal Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gastritis/Duodenitis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Helicobacter Pylori Infection 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
NSAID-Induced Ulcer Prophylaxis 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Mastocytosis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lansoprazole reviews 45 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lansoprazole

For GERD: "My daughter suffers from severe GERD and is 4 years old. Recently our insurance has her 15 mg solutabs (2x a day) running us $680/month. Specialist told us to try the OTC previcid. After 2 weeks my daughter suffered shortness of breath, bellyache and Cronic hiccups. Put her back on solutabs, symptoms gone. Tried this OTC approach twice and sure enough it is not effective for our daughters GERD compared to previcid solutabs that cost $680. My son is now on them as well so total we spend $1020 a month on previcid solutabs."

Children GERD April 17, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis: "Simply I had severe stomach pain often unbearable, I was always tired, due to my fear of doctors did not seek medical help for approximately a year. Went to see doc she gave me these capsules and I have my life back no more pain and full of energy, I'm me again, would recommend to anyone."

hugthebug (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I took this for about 2 1/2 years in my early 30's and it work amazing! If I even missed a single dose I was up with horrible acid problems during the night. I do highly recommend it but also consider Fundoplication Surgery for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I had this done about 10 years ago and since then my GERD is completely gone and I have no need for the Prevacid at all anymore. I eat and enjoy spicy foods never have an issue. Both Prevacid and the surgery changed my life!"

KellyKellyKelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2015

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "This is the only thing that works for me, have tried Nexium Prilosec and countless other stomach medications. Always go back to Prevacid."

extreme acid in stomach (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2014

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Worked like a charm , stopped the nighttime pain and burning. Unfortunately my insurance company no longer covers it. "

NannyCarole October 26, 2014

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: "Stopped the symptoms (heartburn and reflux) immediately and completely. No side effects. For me, a wonder pill."

Brakeman3 June 30, 2014

For GERD: "At first, the medication was very effective. Reflux and pain stopped almost at once. Was on lansoprazole for 18 months, for GERD and a hiatus hernia. Small side effects (visual disturbance, vertigo, tiredness) not a problem. BUT, after 1 yr, started to have terrible diarrhea, thin yellow and of sudden onset. Almost amounted to incontinence, at any time night or day. The tiredness became unacceptable. Eventually, I decided to come off the lansoprazole, for 2 weeks suffered bad recurrence of GERD. However, persevered (with help of Gaviscon) and after 2-3 weeks am now completely normal, no reflux, no pain. Have been great now for 3 months, far more energy, Would recommend a 'break' from the medicine to see if you can manage."

Eliza-Jane February 23, 2014

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have been using this medication for about 15 years at 60mg a day, to treat severe GERD. Doctors in general are reluctant to prescribe this dosage, but in my case it was necessary. I had been using Zantac and Prilosec prior to that and graduated onto this as a last resort. It has cleared up most of the oesophogus erosion. There seems to be no side effects that I am aware of, but would be interested if anyone has noticed an uptick in kidney infections."

Muddling along (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I had suffered with acid reflux since childhood. I would wake up in the middle of the night, vomit, and go back to bed. This continued off and on for years. In my late teens and early 20's, it began to get worse. My doctor told me about Prevacid being OTC, and I should give that a try. It was getting so bad that no matter what I did or didn't do, ate or didn't eat, I would have heartburn. It used to be just certain foods triggered it. As time went on, anything and everything gave me heartburn. I started taking Prevacid, and now I take 15mg daily, and have for the last 5 years or so. Since taking it, I am almost completely heartburn free all the time. Occasionally, I have to take 30mg. But I couldn't live without it! It has changed my life!"

capecodgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have suffered of frequent strong heartburn for the last 30 yrs. I purchased the 14 caps treatment and amazingly got well after the first take. 100% Recommended!"

LuisGon (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

Prevacid 24HR (lansoprazole) for GERD: "Not only is it a wonderful pill that takes away all symptoms within 24 hours its also just ONE pill a day, those that suffer from a severe heartburn would understand what its like to take just one pill over 20 chewables or so daily. Though my heartburn subsided post pregnancy and I no longer have a daily problem, I will definitely keep this in mind for next time around."

Marina A. (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Stomach Ulcer: "Works great!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "Took first pill yesterday, later on that day I started feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and by evening headachy. This morning I looked at this sight and saw that dizziness was one of side effects. "

henry rocks June 10, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: "I took Prevacid to treat a gastric ulcer I had when I took an NSAID for my back pain. It worked well for me."

roozie1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2013

Prevacid OTC (lansoprazole) for GERD: "Taken daily but still have break through GERD."

AyrishGrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have been on Prevacid for over 10 years now. Take 30 Mg a day. I have used both the prescription and the 24 hr when I run out. Both are fantastic, never had a side effect and it completely controls my acid reflux and heartburn. Stopped eating tums and can eat whatever I choose. It works like a charm for me."

Macrock (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2013

For GERD: "I've been on lansoprazole for over a year and find it just isn't working (I take 30mg)."

winter_rogue (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2013

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years now. It had worked tremendously. I have tried to go without it but my acid reflux just gets to bad. I had two endoscopes done prior to taking Prevacid for scaring in my esophagus. Prevacid has healed my esophagus. I would definetely recommend it for anyone who suffers from GERD like myself."

Anonymous March 3, 2012

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I began taking Prevacid probably 10 years ago, stopped occasionally, but found I could not go long without needing it. I never thought of anything bad coming of it, I felt wonderful, no heartburn, no need to watch what I ate anymore, no more waking up at night needing antacids. Well, a few years ago, I started having severe foot and ankle pain and weakness, and last September, I fell in the yard and severely broke my ankle, requiring ORIF surgery to put in a plate and screws. My ankle will never be the same. Gone are the 4 mile walks I used to enjoy daily, and, I have also developed some heart palpitations, higher blood pressure readings, and I feel it is all due to my long term use of Prevacid. I stopped taking it almost 2 months ago."

Anonymous November 26, 2011

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I've been taking Prevacid for over 10 years, 1 in the morning, that's it. I've had acid reflux since I was 13 years old, used to keep bottles of tums in my car, my night stand, my pocket. I suffered for years. Not anymore. I'm 53, I eat drink whatever I want, hardly ever get indigestion anymore. Sure works for me."

daveo58 November 2, 2011

For GERD: "It works wonders for the heartburn, but I can't handle the side effects, I have awful diarrhea, vomiting, weight gain, headaches, nausea, stomach aches. It's not the normal side effects, but I haven't had any heartburn. I'm probably in that >1% that has bad side effects."

14andhategerd August 2, 2011

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "I have had GERD for many years and have tried everything. Prevacid works the best. I take 30 mgs a day. "

Anonymous July 13, 2011

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "This literally lets me exercise and drink coffee without acid reflux happening."

nancyrslr April 7, 2011

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: "I was on 30mg of Prevacid morning and night it worked great but insurance wouldn't cover, it would cost $400 month. Stomach Doctor switched me to Nexium 5 days ago, insurance covers it but just hate the side effects. Tongue is numb and throat burns. Went to Walgreens today the Pharmacist said the OTC Prevacid is the same but I would have to take 4 capsules a day. The 42 count box had a $10 off coupon. I bought 4 boxes which equals 1 month the total cost was less than my copay. I can't wait to start taking it tonight and get my mouth/throat back to normal."

Anonymous May 8, 2010

Prevacid (lansoprazole) for GERD: "It's the best medication for my acid reflux, chronic heartburn. Two capsules and I no longer wake at night with painful heartburn. I can continue to enjoy my normal (somewhat spicy) foods without suffering afterwards. Please note - the instructions tell you not to take it for more than 14 days. Then take a break of nearly 4 months before starting another course. The over the counter Prevacid is NOT for daily use ad infinitum. If it doesn't help, then you need to see a doctor!!"

Mrs.Doyle February 26, 2010