User Reviews for Lamotrigine

Also known as: Lamictal, Lamictal CD, Lamictal ODT, Lamictal XR

Learn more about Lamotrigine.

Lamotrigine Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Lamotrigine to treat Anxiety

"Lamotrigine is my wonder drug. I was suffering from debilitating, anxiety. My doctor tried several antidepressants (Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Vybrid), and I had no benefits; only side effects. We also tried all kinds of benzodiazepines and they did nothing for me. Ambien would grant me only 3 hours of sleep. My symptoms would go from clammy hands and feet, heart racing and high blood pressure to sheer terror. My first day (really) on Lamotrigine and I already felt the symptoms subside. On the following days I felt even better. In two weeks I was feeling like myself again, so much that I was able to jump on a plane and travel to Brazil by myself. If nothing is working for you, give Lamotrigine a try. I am grateful I did."

BRUSA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2016

"I started taking Lamictal after going to a PHP program. This medication worked really well for me but I was only on it for 2 months because I developed a rash and acne. It made my obsessive and thoughts occur less. I was able to handle situations with more logic and less emotional outbursts. I mean it truly was a great medication. However, my skin has always been clear but it was making me breakout more than I ever have in my life. I also felt like my hair was growing out thinner. If my emotions were totally out of control and life threatening than yes, I would have stayed on it despit the skin and hair problems. However for me it wasn't worth it. I would recommend at least trying it out."

Jessiee December 14, 2015

"Hey, So I have taken this medication now for about 3 weeks to help me sleep!, the odd thing is, is I have woken up at odd times of the night not being able to fall back asleep!, which triggers my depression later on in the day if I do not get enough sleep, I found out I had Anxiey and Depression while I was on my mission for the church of jesus Christ of latter day saints, I have felt better since being on medication, but I am still waking up at odd times in the night!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

"75mg is the dose i've been steady on. Worked up at 25mg every 2 weeks, with a day or 2 of itchiness on each increase. I tried 100mg for a few days and felt more anxious and depressed. Went back down to 75mg and feel pretty good. Considering insomnia has been a very serious issue for me, Lamictal is the first med i've been on that isn't an AD and doesn't hurt my sleep (I take it in the AM). When I was trying ADs, the Klonopin barely seemed to work for sleep, I still take Klonopin for sleep but at least I can sleep through the night now. Nice being off the ADs. Hope this one works long-term and I can get off the Klonopin eventually which I think is causing my moderate brain fog. Eh, life is much better than it was. I recommend it!"

brett84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2015

"I had high hopes for this medication. At 25 mg, I thought I noticed a slight positive effect. About when I upped from 25 to 50 mg, I experienced about two weeks of feeling extremely depressed, which continued when I increased to 75 mg. It did somewhat decrease my agitated anxiety, but did not help with my obsessive ruminations. Aside from the depressed mood and mild sedation, I didn't notice any side effects. When I decreased back to 25 mg, I noticed the depressed mood lifting and an increase in anxiety."

lou3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2015

"No side effects. I've been suffering from depression and anxiety since I was a teenager, it had help so much. I am so thankful for this medicine it saved my life, I would suffer for days with no sleep. anxiety is a killer I am glad this med is on the market. I would have committed suicide because of the anxiety, I give many thanks to my doctor for finding something that helped, I can live my life finally."

Root Beer Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

"I'm taking this medication for anxiety and mood swings. It really does close to nothing with my anxiety. It helps my moods a bit but my anxiety is more bothersome. Not only that, my memory is complete crap. I have trouble finding words, memorizing new information and spelling. I am a great speller and ever since I started taking Lamictal, I've forgotten to spell some words which i would have no problem with before. Overall, I feel this med is doing more bad than good. I started taking Seroquel and I can already feel more positive changes than Lamictal has done since I started taking it."

Mikasa May 12, 2015

"I have been on a small dose of this for about a month. It has done wonders for me! I have struggled with anxiety my entire life and have been on several different meds over the years. This has really helped to calm me down. I have even lost about 7 lbs over the past month because it is curbing my desire for food. Everyone notices the difference."

vistard April 15, 2015

"I've taken it for a week and I have had less anxiety in last couple of days. I hope it continues to help."

Anonymous8 December 25, 2014

"I've been taking this as a "mood stabilizer", which has been working, but in all honesty I think they put me on this for mood because of the way the other medicines were making me (Risperidone made me psychotic, so did Zoloft). I'm off those now and am currently on Lamotrigine. But it does nothing for anxiety, not one thing. It's made me worry MORE."

WolfGirl22 August 28, 2014

"I noticed no change. No side effects, no benefits."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2012