User Reviews for Lamotrigine

Also known as: Lamictal, Lamictal CD, Lamictal ODT, Lamictal XR

Learn more about Lamotrigine.

Migraine Prevention 1 reviews 32 medications

5.7
Restless Legs Syndrome 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lamotrigine reviews 424 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Lamotrigine

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Lamictal worked at 25mg seems like every 6 weeks it's time to up dosage, currently at 250 and raise to 275 in week. Is there anything out there I can take with lamictal, I don't want to gain weight. Anti depressant is a med I take also"

divey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "My daughter was on Lamictal for many years which controlled her seizures. A year ago her insurance stopped covering it so we were forced to go to generic Lamotrigine. She started having seizures, so we did a little research and found out that the Lamotrigine she was taking was manufactured by a company in India. We switched to Lamotrigine made by another company and her seizures disappeared. Do some research on your products"

J_I_M July 23, 2015

For Depression: "This medication saved my life at a time when I was severely suicidal. I finally feel "normal" after 5 years battling MDD and GAD. Tired citalopram, vibryd, Zoloft, Effexor, Xanax and some others I can't remember. Tried holistic and homeopathic remedies. I just kept getting worse and worse. I have no side effects, my depression and anxiety is completely manageable and I feel like I have my life back."

Katy G (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 17, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Seizure Prevention: "I've been on Lamictal for a few years and while it eliminated all my daytime seizures my night time sleep seizures continue. I spoke to my neuro and he raised the dosage to 400mg..But I was a zombie with no memory, aphasia, and confusion. Finally I went back to 200mgs and decided to just live with the nighttime seizures. my dr suggested using Xanax to control them. It worked. The odd part that they occur every six weeks like and last for about a week... Anybody else has such regular onset?"

Jaynea July 17, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication saved my life. I'm not diagnosed officially with bipolar II--I just have a tendency to have pretty bad mood swings. My psychiatrist put me on lamictal a LONG time ago but for whatever reason I never took it. Finally in 2012 I decided to give it a shot and it turned my entire life around. I used to blow up about the most irrational things. My family was afraid to confront me with problems because they knew that I would blow everything out of proportion. Since starting on this medication I am so cool, calm, and collected. Nothing really rattles me. I am able to see life clearly. I get along with everyone. It's all thanks to lamictal."

kjm626 July 16, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been off and on Lamictal sense i was 15 years old (I am 22 years old now) I have never had a problem with it even going through 2 pregnancies. Very happy with it."

Lexic313 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Had severe depression..anxiety. .and elevated mood swings for years.just started meds in my early 50s. ..Lexapro..gradual doses..at first began to notice results in all 3 areas..but extremely sleepy no matter what time i took it...it seemed to level off at about 50% effectiveness...than slowly decreased in its effectiveness. .went on Lamo...more energy..but mood swings came back..no patience or tolerance again, forgetfulness...and anxiety. ..rambling thoughts in my head continually. ..I am returning back to my original prognosis. ..didn't find it to be of help at all....up to 200mg...really don't want to keep experimenting...not sure of next step. .."

over this (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am so glad I was prescribed Lamitcal two months ago after struggling with bipolar disorder for the majority of my life. I had been getting progressively worse over the years with manic cycling frequently to the point I couldn't function. I was very skeptical numerous medications over the years. I thought nothing would help and within three weeks my life completely turned around. The constant edge is gone, I'm calm, thinking clearing and I feel in control. I am so grateful this works for me, hope it works for you."

LJDW (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I got diagnosed with bipolar, this year in the month of may. At first I talked to a counselor who referred me to a nurse practioner/ psychologist. After telling them my feelings and life experiences they definetly said I was bipolar when I met with the psychologist. She gave me medication the first day. I started off taking just 25 mg then after 2weeks 50 then after I finished that 100 then after that 200. When I first started taking the small doses . I didn't see any changes in my behavior and that made me very hopeless and angry and I feel like nothing could help me. But once she uped my dose I feel like a human again. When I tell you I feel good I fell so good that I could fly with a kite and the birds. I feel like my old self again."

Lovehatething (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2015

For Depression: "I've taken lamictal for many years for depression. Prior I took Prozac and Zoloft with many side effects. I have a daughter with bipolar. It's worked great for bipolar and it works amazingly well for my depression and no side effects."

Catkilp (taken for 10 years or more) July 8, 2015

For Depression: "Pmdd suffer for 15 years!! I stopped taking my antidepressants for Pmdd and so far this medication,has helped me tremendously all on its own. I advise anyone with depression to try this medication!"

Skyezone July 3, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have taken this for 5 days and its not working"

Susan Jeanne June 30, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Deeply depressed for 7 months after a manic period of 7 months. Would come home from work and just go to bed and stay there for 14 hours until it was time to go to work again. Taking Bupropion in the AM without effect in increasing doses for all 7 months. After titrating up the Lamictal through the increasing doses as required, the fog lifted 3 days after I started on the 200mg dose. Thank you modern medicine"

ThisIsReal June 30, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've suffered from ADHD, Bipolar 2 with major depression and anxiety for years. I have to say I've found the right combination to give me some stability. I started with respidol 2 mg 2x a day, Citalopram 20 mg a day, lorazapam 0.5mg a day & 10 mg 2x a day of adderal. While I should say that the medication worked well for my depression and psychosis. I had to stop taking respidol because I gained 20 lbs in the first 4 months of taking it. It made me sleepy , no motivation whatsoever. So we repalaced it with lamictal 25 mg2x @2 & 9pm, adderall 20 MG.1x. @6am, Citalopram 40 MG 1x@9am, lorazapam 0.5 2x@1 & 6pm. So no medication takes away 4rm the other. Taking adderal & lamictal together will decrease adderall effectiveness."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 28, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was diagnosed bipolar II a little over 4 years ago. I was manic for a long time, I'm talking 2 years. With episodes of extreme depression. I wouldn't take my medications and ended up in and out of several mental health centers at several hospitals, well over 10 hospitalizations. I was a reckless mess. I can't even remember a lot of that time period. I was losing everything along with my mind- I was gone without a doubt. I saw this Dr yet can't remember his name, while in the hospital and he was so nice and didn't want to sedate me like I had been in the past. He put me on lamictal for the first time. This was 3 years ago. It saved my life. Works within the first week. Seriously the best mood stabilizer ever."

Italygurl June 28, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed with lamictal about 3 months ago, and I do have to say that I have had a very positive experience with stabilizing my mood swings. Within the first month of me taking it, I have lost 10 pounds and I do think it was a factor in my sudden weight loss. I do wish that it did help a bit more with my anxiety but that wasn't my main issue when I decided to see a doctor. Other than the anxiety, lamictal is fantastic. I do recommend this product for BDP and I hope it helps you."

Insomniacgal June 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have just been diagnosed with bipolar 2. I have been on antidepressants for 23 years and as I got older the drugs didn't work as well. I suffer from depression panic attacks severe anxiety and phobias and erratic mood swings changing daily even hourly. So now I am on 300mg effexor, valium and have just started in increments of 25mg of lamotrigine. Before this I took epilim which was great but within 2 weeks had a rash everywhere. Now I am up to 75mg of lamotrigine and I have headaches tiredness sleeping up to 15 hours plus diarrhea, sick, depression aggression anxiety the list goes on. Its been 6 weeks and I am loosing it.... my mental health team is useless. Will this get better???"

pynkpanda (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2015

For Anxiety: "No side effects. I've been suffering from depression and anxiety since I was a teenager, it had help so much. I am so thankful for this medicine it saved my life, I would suffer for days with no sleep. anxiety is a killer I am glad this med is on the market. I would have committed suicide because of the anxiety, I give many thanks to my doctor for finding something that helped, I can live my life finally."

Root Beer Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Lamictal (lamotrigine is the generic I take) for 5 years and I take 400mg a day for bipolar 2. It has changed my life. I rarely even take naps anymore and before Lamictal I would stay in bed. The trick to any medication is to take it the same time everyday. It took less than a week for my husband and I to notice a significant change in my personality. I have accepted that I will be on this for the rest of my life and that's fine because LAMICTAL GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK!!!"

Sweet Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 13, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Seizure Prevention: "I have started taking lamotrigine with the intention of weaning myself off phenytoin. Unfortunately after 2 weeks and 2 days I have had terrible side effects, splitting headaches, vomiting, nausea, dry mouth and extreme irritability "

Megster June 13, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this drug for 4 weeks I notice very subtle changes. I've titrated up 25mg a week every week and I'm currently taking 125 mg. I still am probably 3 weeks away for full effects but I am noticing some good things. I no longer think about killing myself all day and I have less anxiety than I did four weeks ago. I feel optimistic that better days are ahead. I also take ativan for anxiety but will likely discontinue once I'm at the key mg amount which I believe is 200."

HMD321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

For Depression: "I have went many yrs thinking I was not depressed. My symptoms were anxiety, mood swings and irritability and low energy. Other Drs tried antidepressant s and they always made me tired. Lamotrigine has truly shown me that it was depression. I have a much better mood and sense og calmness plus a little motivation boost!"

mamakitty3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This is the best mood stabilizer I have been on!"

Ty-Ty June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Really took a solid six months to work it made me drowsy during the day. I started taking it at night and it really took off my depression is gone and I sleep better. Taking it at night made a huge difference for some reason. I still have mood swings but my wife says they are much more in the normal range. I wish I would have found this pill when I was 15 my life would have been better and easier. I would recommend this drug to anyone and experimenting with different time of day if it's not initially working."

Trace4654 June 8, 2015

For Depression: "I suffer from major depression and was a little skeptical when my doctor prescribed as I am not bipolar. It really works great and I have been on everything. There have been a few times that I did not refill my prescription right away and if I went without for a week I went into major depressive state. Within a day of going back on it, the depression subsided a great deal."

DianaAtlanta June 5, 2015