User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Novaflor, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Lactobacillus acidophilus review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been using this for one day and I already see a difference. I first had a yeast infection at the end of May. Treated it with Monistat 1, I guess it threw my ph off. So I had bacterial vaginitis right after that. Then my period. So I've been having a really terrible time as you can imagine. So I have been using unscented soaps bathing a lot, drying myself well wearing cotton underwear. Until I discover this l. Acidophilus. I took 2 tablets (1 billion live bacteria) yesterday after noon. I felt okay. Still some odor and a little discharge. This morning I took another dosage. Throughout the day I haven't had little to no itching. Tonight I took another dosage and even my tenderness is going away. I also drink cranberry juice often. I'm feeling pretty good.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 2:38 AM

Review by JessInNC:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2014 2:37 AM

Review by Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Review by 8crazies:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time.

January 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me.

April 29, 2011 12:13 AM

Review by pixie29:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics.

February 24, 2010 3:41 AM