User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Florajen, Novaflor, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Lactobacillus acidophilus Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I have been using this for one day and I already see a difference. I first had a yeast infection at the end of May. Treated it with Monistat 1, I guess it threw my ph off. So I had bacterial vaginitis right after that. Then my period. So I've been having a really terrible time as you can imagine. So I have been using unscented soaps bathing a lot, drying myself well wearing cotton underwear. Until I discover this l. Acidophilus. I took 2 tablets (1 billion live bacteria) yesterday after noon. I felt okay. Still some odor and a little discharge. This morning I took another dosage. Throughout the day I haven't had little to no itching. Tonight I took another dosage and even my tenderness is going away. I also drink cranberry juice often. I'm feeling pretty good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that."

JessInNC April 20, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great."

Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2013

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time."

8crazies January 29, 2013

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me."

Anonymous April 29, 2011

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): "Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics."

pixie29 February 24, 2010