User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Novaflor, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Urinary Tract Infection

Review by BMB:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): This has been a miracle for me, and it was by accident I found out about it at all. I was getting urinary tract infections every other month for 4 years. Every time I would go to my doctor he would prescribe antibiotics and the UTI would go away for a month and then come back. No one, I even went to a specialist and no one could tell me what to do to prevent them. At one of my doctors visits my regular doctor was out and I saw his PA (physicians assistant) who did the same as my doctor, prescribe an antibiotic but he also told me to get acidophilus so I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic which happened every time I took the antibiotic. I started taking them and after 6 months I only got one UTI and none in 4 years.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2011 1:22 PM