User Reviews for Ketotifen

Also known as: Alaway, Claritin Eye, Eye Itch Relief, Refresh Eye Itch Relief, Visine All Day Eye Itch Relief, Zaditor, Zyrtec Itchy Eye Drops

Learn more about Ketotifen.

Ketotifen review summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Allergic.

Reviews for Ketotifen to treat Conjunctivitis, Allergic

Review by Tayv (taken for 2 to 5 years):

In my experience, this medication works where no others did. Fast relief of allergy-related eye burn, itch and watering. In my case, the soothing began almost immediately, and within 4 minutes there's no irritation at all. Wonderful stuff. With no side effects (for me).

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2013 10:42 AM

Review by xdunlapx (taken for less than 1 month):

Zaditor (ketotifen): I woke up today with severe stinging in my eyes and tears rolling down my face. I knew it was allergies but I rarely get allergy eyes this bad. In fact I've only had allergy eyes twice in the past 10 years (and today was the second occurrence). Dad went out and bought Zaditor for me (after I researched eye drops to buy, which was after I flushed my eyes with a lubricant drop) and I put them in and within 5 minutes my eyes were perfect! I started noticing stinging again about 10:40pm tonight and put them in again and now my eyes are great again. I love this eye drop! I did not feel any burning or stinging or any other side effects when using these drops. This was the first day of using any allergy eye drop, so I didn't know what to expect.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2013 12:37 AM

Review by turtle6554:

Zaditor (ketotifen): My eyes were so itchy and uncomfortable! I tried Zadator and immediately felt relief. After several days use, dosing once in the morning and once at night, my eyes feel normal again. Even though Zaditor only contains an antihistimine (unlike Visine Allergy) my eyes are no longer red and scratchy feeling. It's so nice to find something OTC that works!

February 20, 2011 2:15 PM

Review by Swany:

My eyes itched, stung, and teared constantly all-year-round to the point I saw an eye doctor. He diagnosed me with "dry eye" and recommend various dry eye drops prescription and not that did not work except very slightly. Apparently "dry eye" was not a correct or complete diagnosis. Months later a friend with allergy's recommended Claritin Eye. I took only one dose (one drop per eye) which stopped the symptoms almost immediately and the symptoms have not returned since (it has been four days so far). I am very happy now.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2010 9:56 AM

I started using Ketotifen last year when my eyes were dripping so bad from allergies. I couldn't stand it and had to go to the doctor. I use it once a day when its allergy season and my eyes have not annoyed me since. It's really good! I should have bought some years ago.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 19, 2010 4:23 PM

Zaditor (ketotifen): Very helpful. I am mostly allergic to tree pollen (oak, birch). Stings a bit and causes lots of tears after application but it goes away within minutes. Took a day or so to become really effective - I started at the peak of the allergy season. I feel like a new person!

May 7, 2008 6:30 PM