User Reviews for Ketamine

Also known as: Ketalar

Learn more about Ketamine.

Pain 1 reviews 908 medications

8.5
Anesthesia 4 reviews 129 medications

Summary of Ketamine reviews 5 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ketamine

Review by pumpkin pat: User Rating:

ketamine for Pain: Whilst on the infusion I was unable to eat food. I became very sensitive to smells and had a metallic taste in my mouth even after the infusion was stopped. I obtained about 12 hours sleep over 12 days, and 15 days after cessation of treatment am just beginning to sleep more effectively. I became very sensitive to light and that is still continuing as is the light-headedness, and unsteady on my feet. My blood pressure rose above 200, but my pulse rate dropped to 53. I felt as though I had an elephant sitting on my chest and I felt that I was having difficulty breathing but observations did not support my feelings. I developed a cough, almost like hiccups, but no tickle at the back of the throat, I also became dis-associated from the pain.

November 11, 2011 11:31 PM
Review by rubysfolly: User Rating:

ketamine for Anesthesia: I have M.S and a syrinx, have had neuropathic pain for 17 yrs. Neurontin being the only thing that helped, but even it didn't remove much of the pain. I have now had Ketamine twice. The first time was I.V. It removed 90% of my neuroppathic pain and lasted for about 8 months. When the pain came back I was shocked at how bad it was. I have just finished my 2nd dose this time I was given it subcutaneously. I have only the smallest amount of neuropathic pain left. The whole thing went very well so now when the pain is back I will go back and have another infusion. This time I only have a very small amount of pain left. I feel this has been the biggest thing that has helped my quality of life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

July 17, 2011 8:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ketamine for Anesthesia: Very vivid hallucinations afterward. Used for chronic pain management and for anesthesia.

June 25, 2011 8:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

ketamine for Anesthesia: Very helpful for RSD.

November 29, 2010 4:00 PM
Review by Scott420: User Rating:

Ketalar (ketamine) for Anesthesia: Spinal cord injury-Paraplegic: May help manage neuropathic pain. A great medicine when used properly.

October 27, 2010 6:03 PM