User Reviews for Ketamine

Also known as: Ketalar

Learn more about Ketamine.

Pain 1 reviews 908 medications

8.5
Anesthesia 6 reviews 127 medications

Summary of Ketamine reviews 7 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Ketamine

For Anesthesia: "I was given Ketamine along with propofol to induce anaesthesia for a recent operation and never again. I experienced acute dysphoria and felt like I was going to die. Never again, this drug is bad news. I've now had 35 major surgeries and this was the first time ketamine was used. Also had very low BP on waking. It seems to be the new in-thing drug. No idea why all of a sudden it's become popular?"

AussieFX (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Anesthesia: "Having both Post traumatic stress disorder and chronic severe back pain due to 2 unsuccessful back surgeries, I was the perfect candidate for anesthesia using ketamine for my last 3 surgeries. For both the PTSD and chronic back pain, symptomolgy has been reduced by at least 75%. I could not be happier! Finally and again!"

Bittywit (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Pain: "Whilst on the infusion I was unable to eat food. I became very sensitive to smells and had a metallic taste in my mouth even after the infusion was stopped. I obtained about 12 hours sleep over 12 days, and 15 days after cessation of treatment am just beginning to sleep more effectively. I became very sensitive to light and that is still continuing as is the light-headedness, and unsteady on my feet. My blood pressure rose above 200, but my pulse rate dropped to 53. I felt as though I had an elephant sitting on my chest and I felt that I was having difficulty breathing but observations did not support my feelings. I developed a cough, almost like hiccups, but no tickle at the back of the throat, I also became dis-associated from the pain."

pumpkin pat November 11, 2011

For Anesthesia: "I have M.S and a syrinx, have had neuropathic pain for 17 yrs. Neurontin being the only thing that helped, but even it didn't remove much of the pain. I have now had Ketamine twice. The first time was I.V. It removed 90% of my neuroppathic pain and lasted for about 8 months. When the pain came back I was shocked at how bad it was. I have just finished my 2nd dose this time I was given it subcutaneously. I have only the smallest amount of neuropathic pain left. The whole thing went very well so now when the pain is back I will go back and have another infusion. This time I only have a very small amount of pain left. I feel this has been the biggest thing that has helped my quality of life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others."

rubysfolly July 17, 2011

For Anesthesia: "Very vivid hallucinations afterward. Used for chronic pain management and for anesthesia."

Anonymous June 25, 2011

For Anesthesia: "Very helpful for RSD."

Anonymous November 29, 2010

Ketalar (ketamine) for Anesthesia: "Spinal cord injury-Paraplegic: May help manage neuropathic pain. A great medicine when used properly."

Scott420 October 27, 2010