User Reviews for Ketamine

Also known as: Ketalar

Learn more about Ketamine.

Pain 5 reviews 1069 medications

7.7
Anesthesia 8 reviews 130 medications

6.4
Summary of Ketamine reviews 13 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Ketamine

For Pain: "I was given this after surgery for pain as I can't have morphine and they tried 5 other drugs to sort me out before this. Omg I went on a wild trip I went thru dimensions of colour and walls, I couldn't get back into my body I thought I had died. Scary scary stuff. When I came out of the trip I was dizzy and seeing double, my pain was gone but didn't enjoy the experience at all."

Fast forward April 16, 2016

For Pain: "I have taken oral ketamine for 17 days. For me it is a miracle drug for neuropathic pain. Started at 10 mg daily by 2.5 mg caps compounded by pharmacy. Side effects are wet mouth or excessive salivation, a dizziness that my body adjusted to quickly, a feeling of two beers or a slight intoxication, mild anxiety. The reward of a 3 point drop in neuropathic pain level is worth it. I feel my old arthritic pain again much stronger. A 8 as the CRPS specific pain is a 4-5! Oral metabolizes into norketamine & hydro norketamine 5 times stronger than Ketamine. The iv dosing at high levels does not get this first pass metabolism and levels are higher mg than 15 mg. going to 20 mg after ok from doctor. I recommend patients with severe nerve pain."

CRPS Pain (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Pain: "I actually take it for chronic depression. I was amazed at the improvement in made in my mood and generate outlook in life. I feel as though I have been given a second chance at life. One side effect that I noticed is that it improved my faith in a higher being (God) or who ever you wish to call him/her. Surprisingly not uncommon for this medication."

Jonny Rocket (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

For Pain: "I've been having infusions at least every month and I must say, this has given me the beat results, I am 90%pain free while under treatments and could not ask for better results. Granted if it does start to wear off those affects are NOT GOOD, but I will Gladly take the TREATMENT and continue to have MY LIFE BACK."

Rsd chronic pain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2015

For Anesthesia: "I was psychotic and aggressive and restrained and given ketamine IM in each leg. I went into deep relaxation and lost sense of time, self. I don't remember it all but it was a positive experience and it resulted in me going home instead of a psych ward."

zebot (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Anesthesia: "I was given Ketamine for out patient surgery. Never again will I agree to this anesthesia. I had the worst experience, I am positive I died and made myself come back! I was paralyzed body and voice. I finally let out a awful scream, hoping the doctors and nurses would hear, but I could tell they didn't. I am so mad, furious is the word, that they used it without letting me know the side effects. I am home now, but I still have nightmares of that terrible experience!"

bitch 2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2015

For Anesthesia: "I was given Ketamine along with propofol to induce anaesthesia for a recent operation and never again. I experienced acute dysphoria and felt like I was going to die. Never again, this drug is bad news. I've now had 35 major surgeries and this was the first time ketamine was used. Also had very low BP on waking. It seems to be the new in-thing drug. No idea why all of a sudden it's become popular?"

AussieFX (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2015

For Anesthesia: "Having both Post traumatic stress disorder and chronic severe back pain due to 2 unsuccessful back surgeries, I was the perfect candidate for anesthesia using ketamine for my last 3 surgeries. For both the PTSD and chronic back pain, symptomolgy has been reduced by at least 75%. I could not be happier! Finally and again!"

Bittywit (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Pain: "Whilst on the infusion I was unable to eat food. I became very sensitive to smells and had a metallic taste in my mouth even after the infusion was stopped. I obtained about 12 hours sleep over 12 days, and 15 days after cessation of treatment am just beginning to sleep more effectively. I became very sensitive to light and that is still continuing as is the light-headedness, and unsteady on my feet. My blood pressure rose above 200, but my pulse rate dropped to 53. I felt as though I had an elephant sitting on my chest and I felt that I was having difficulty breathing but observations did not support my feelings. I developed a cough, almost like hiccups, but no tickle at the back of the throat, I also became dis-associated from the pain."

pumpkin pat November 11, 2011

For Anesthesia: "I have M.S and a syrinx, have had neuropathic pain for 17 yrs. Neurontin being the only thing that helped, but even it didn't remove much of the pain. I have now had Ketamine twice. The first time was I.V. It removed 90% of my neuroppathic pain and lasted for about 8 months. When the pain came back I was shocked at how bad it was. I have just finished my 2nd dose this time I was given it subcutaneously. I have only the smallest amount of neuropathic pain left. The whole thing went very well so now when the pain is back I will go back and have another infusion. This time I only have a very small amount of pain left. I feel this has been the biggest thing that has helped my quality of life. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others."

rubysfolly July 17, 2011

For Anesthesia: "Very vivid hallucinations afterward. Used for chronic pain management and for anesthesia."

Anonymous June 25, 2011

For Anesthesia: "Very helpful for RSD."

Anonymous November 29, 2010

Ketalar (ketamine) for Anesthesia: "Spinal cord injury-Paraplegic: May help manage neuropathic pain. A great medicine when used properly."

Scott420 October 27, 2010