User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Stromectol

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Strongyloidiasis 1 reviews 3 medications

Scabies 2 reviews 13 medications

8.5
Head Lice 1 reviews 48 medications

Ascariasis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cutaneous Larva Migrans 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Filariasis, Elephantiasis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Onchocerciasis, River Blindness 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 4 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Ivermectin

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Strongyloidiasis: "I have recently taken my third round of Stromectol for a skin condition that I describe as 'worms beneath the skin'. My dermatologist prefers to call my condition, 'V's rash'. I am using Stromectol with a daily dose of 200mg doxycycline. Yes, it does make me nauseous, but worth it. Stromectol has worked the best this third time. I begin my second phase today, as I began the third course two weeks ago. I've had no 'activity' in the skin since the third round began. Hope this last dose helps these. "

Vives August 1, 2013

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "After battling head lice for 6 months and spending hundreds of dollars and countless painful, tear filled hours, I finally was at my wits end and went to my doctor in tears. We are clean people but somehow we get rid of these awful bugs and then surprise, they are back. My doctor prescribed this medicine and I was very hesitant because I could not find any information regarding the treatment used for head lice but within 24 hrs of taking this medicine the lice bugs are just falling out and the nits will easily comb out. This is the worst thing that my 11 yr old has ever been through and I just hope it works. Will continue to let you know."

frustrated momma March 3, 2011

Stromectol (ivermectin) for Scabies: "Works good, but the bug has to bite you in order for it to be effective. Administered by body weight formula. Saturation to full strength within 4 hours after ingestion. Remains at full strength for appx. 18 hours. Dissipation afterwards at appx. 2.5mg per day. Estimated half life is 12 days per dose. All conditions depend on body weight. Kills bugs wherever they feed, including those in the skin, which may cause ulcers from the decomposing dead parasite. Effectiveness on pre-existing eggs is questionable. Work closely with a doctor on the dosage and saturation levels or overlap doses. Keep records on reactions/results."

Anonymous January 20, 2010

159 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Scabies: "After trying the prescription cream 3 times with no improvement, I talked my doctor into giving me this. I took the two doses one week apart. In about 2 weeks I could no longer find live scabies on my skin and my rash lesions were beginning to heal."

cpadg August 28, 2009