User Reviews for Accutane (Page 2)

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acne 329 reviews 518 medications

8.6
Summary of Accutane reviews 335 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "I am experiencing acne and breakouts since 2013 its not that bad at all only few pimples but suddenly last 2014 it became more blackheads and breakouts especially on my chin area. I've tried lots of medication like creams over the counter but it doesn't help. as I use some of that cream sometimes it gets better but then again start to appear and even bigger and inflame.so I decided to meet a dermatologist and get some blood test and start using roaccutane. For now I'm on my 6 weeks of medication and I have long way to go because I still experiencing acne and breakouts. my chin in a bit clearer now but still having on my checks it's itchy and so inflamed."

mylie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2015

For Acne "I'm going into my 5th month on accutane at 60mg. The first 4 months yielded minimal if any results and I got the biggest cystic lesion in my history of acne in the 3rd month. Now, my skin is cleared of acne lesions and congestion. My skin is red, sensitive, and scarred and hyper pigmented. My eyes are dry and my lips require Aquaphor frequently. Overall, this medication has brought me confidence that I forgot I had. My derm said "wow look at your skin it looks wonderful." It made me emotional to hear. If you are considering this drug for persistent acne then my recommendation is to make this decision with your doctor. You will not be disappointed. Nothing else worked for me and I tried every med out there topically and orally, hormonally."

Sunny1992yryye October 4, 2015

For Acne "I love accutane! I'm starting my 7th and final month now (started on 10mg a day, moved to 20, now on 40 for the rest of my treatment). I was scared to try the drug because there was so much negativity about it on the internet but I was so desperate to get rid of my acne and blackheads, My skin was so oily and my acne was leaving scars all over my face. The only side effect I got was really dry lips. I went through so much chapstick, and the skin on my face got a little dry ocassionally. I found drinking a lot of water a day stops all those side effects though. I highly recommend, The only minor problem I had was in my 2nd month on accutane I got mono, which was so weird. But could be a coincidence. No clue. Either way, I love accutane,"

love.this (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2015

For Acne "I have used every face wash product and home remedy on the market. I've been on Doxycycline, Minocycline, and every other antibiotic the doctor can prescribe. They helped, but I was never clear. I finally decided to go on Accutane. The process to get on the pill is a huge pain, but it's so worth it. You have to take birth control and get blood work every month because you CANNOT get pregnant. My skin was dry for two weeks. Then it was minorly dry after that. I rarely had to use lotion. My lips were CHAPPED. Don't use drug store chap stick. I recommend Lucas Pawpaw ointment, ceralip or Cortibalm. The first month I had minor headaches, but I was 100 % clear by month 3. My skin was no longer oily. This experience was amazing."

Haleyanne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

For Acne "Im 18 years old & have been suffering with acne since I was 11/12. I tried EVERY over counter spot treatment and every medication prescribed by the doctor. Some worked for a few weeks but my spots always returned. Being a dancer, I have to wear a lot of stage makeup so the doctor telling me 'don't wear makeup' really wasn't helpful. Finally I was refereed to the hospital and prescribed a 20mg dosage of accutane for a 6 month period. I started my first tablet a month and 5 days ago & I have already seen a reduction in the amount of new breakouts. The side effects have been tough already, I've had sore lips & inside my nose like you wouldn't believe, also had a bit of stomach pain recently & tiredness. Will update my accutane journey in a month:)"

dancer_22 September 30, 2015

For Acne "Accutane has been a miracle drug for me. I have not had a single pimple since the 2nd month of treatment, and I've been off it for just under a month. My acne, like others, was horrible before Accutane. Another thing to note, I had virtually zero side-effects, just a little bit of dryness around my mouth and lips. It was NOTHING like the horror stories you read about on the web. Just brush your lips with a toothbrush in the morning and at night and put some aquaphor/lip balm on after and you'll be fine for the whole day. I also always ate tons of healthy fats (grass-fed butter and meat, eggs, organic full-fat dairy, coconut butter, avocados, olive oil, macadamia nuts, and natural peanut butter) with my Accutane, so that may have helped too."

GuyAtUIUC (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

For Acne "Super happy with the results. I've had acne for so long and no dermatologist ever recommended it. This is the best thing ever! At first of course it got little worse. One thing that bothered me thru the whole process is that my lips very extremely dry. Other than that I'm just writing this review for people to know it works 100%!!! It's amazing I couldn't be any happier with my skin now. Definitely do it. I was reading reviews when I was considering it and was kinda of scared."

Eojj September 27, 2015

For Acne "I highly encourage anyone struggling with acne to ask their dermatologist about accutane. I've struggled with mild but persistent acne for years. I was placed on an antibiotic for almost two years after trying topical treatments. This antibiotic worked for me for a few months but I still had breakouts. I have just finished my 6 month round of accutane. I am honestly in love with this drug. My skin is flawless and I am happier with it then I have ever been. The only side effect I had to deal with was dry lips which wasn't bad. My skin never felt dry, it actually feels softer."

101010101Emma September 24, 2015

For Acne "Best thing I ever took, tried everything and this worked . Dont be put off by negativity on the web,Its a wonder pill and you end up with clear skin"

dazzleagain September 22, 2015

For Acne "This drug is the best. I've taken it twice stubborn acne keeps on coming back.. That's the only thing, but to others it never comes back. I want to go on it again to get cleared up again.. I just started this birth control called the implanon and I think that it makes my acne worse.. I don't have big pimples, small looking ones that are annoying..I also have a lot of whiteheads because my skin is so oily.. I'm going to make an appointment soon.. Accutane works really well.. It clears ur skin like no other.."

Tatiana burnes September 19, 2015

For Acne "I had struggled with severe acne ever since I was in 6th grade. It was all over my face and even my shoulders. Of course, as you would suspect, I got bullied big time for it. My dermatologist put me on so many different types of pills that helped a little, but my acne was still horrible. Then she put me on accutane. Accutane is a miracle process is a pain and the side effects made me want to just quit. I struggled with very dry skin & lips, sensitive to the sun, and soreness. I went through 6 months of the pill. I am now a sophomore in high school and I have perfectly clear and smooth skin. Yes, I still have battle scars but they are tiny. I have never been so happy with myself. I recommend it to anyone and everyone."

Kds82 September 16, 2015

For Acne "Hello I'm Christian, just want to talk about my experience and help you out if you are serious about taking this drug. Well I started taking accutane because I wanted super clear skin, my skin wasn't bad just had a few here and there. Accutane did help clear my skin, but something worst happened! I was a very confident person, out going, loved to talk to everyone and always having fun on the weekends. In the middle of my progress with accutane I started getting really bad chap lips. The worst side effect of this drug is that it made me depressed i stopped talking to everyone and I felt so self conscious about my self, I felt like people were always talking about me. I'm still not the same till this day:/ i didn't even finish my cycle:("

Christian angel September 16, 2015

For Acne "I had mild to server acne at different times throughout years but then I finally decided to try Accutane. Initially, I did have an initial breakout which worsened the skin condition (more acne), which lasted for approximately 1.5months. But once the skin started getting better, everything started disappearing slowly and now I'm 4.5 months in and only have the red/brown marks left but all my acne is gone! The first few months will be harsh, and your self-esteem will probably get hit. But just go through the whole cycle - you won't regret it in the end."

Nbwx (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

For Acne "I am starting my 4th month and it is it worth it, it got rid of all my back/chest acne but I still have some on my face. It has helped a lot but the side effects suck. I'm playing football and some times I have the desire to do nothing. And sometimes I don't feel good for no reason like (depression) also the chapped lips get me mad because everyone ask why am I putting chapstick on 24/7. If you are going on this beware of side effects but in the end it will be worth it"

Cameron61651564564 September 10, 2015

For Acne "I have suffered from acne for about 5 years (since the age of 15) and am now 20. I first started taking Accutane about a year ago, and let me tell you, it is 100% WORTH IT! My dermatologist prescribed me a 20mg dose daily for a year. The first 2-3 months there was really no change except that the first month I did break out a bit more (nothing too bad). By the third month I did see improvement, and I was no longer producing new pimples. Each month I noticed less and less acne as well as my scars fading away. Here I am a year later with flawless skin and almost no scars :) I stopped treatment about a month ago and haven"

SunshineGirly September 8, 2015

For Acne "I am 14 and I am beginning year 10. over summer break I decided from years of acne and expensive spot products I wanted to make a change to my confidence by taking accutane I'm only just finishing the 1st month of the drug and I was expecting fast working treatment but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work in the first few weeks because mine didn't. I get painful spots across my chin and on my back and chest, and I wouldn't go out the house without a face full of foundation or a top that covers my chest and back. Since I have been taking the drug I have noticed the redness on my chin has calmed down. And the spots on my back are practically gone! I hope this helps :)"

xemzox22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Acne "I just started accutane two weeks ago 10mg a day and this is a miracle in a pill !! I had large painful inflamed acne along my jawline. After the first day the inflammation was GONE! The second day my acne basically fell out of my pores. I do experience dry lips , itchy skin, dry eyes, and hair loss but its worth it . Also it is giving my skin a chance to heal and I don't know why but some report SCARRING but for me it made my scars and even stretch marks deminish. I think I the perfect ccandidate for the drug. If one has inflammatory acne this is the drug to take ."

Celeste Douglas (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

For Acne "I am using this medicine since June 2015 and it's really helped to clear my face, this medicine has been the last choice after using many other solutions for acne but none of them solved my problem . I was afraid to take Accutane because of it's side effects but it dose worth to take it ."

Sam.Sh83 August 15, 2015

For Acne "Please take time to read this. Accutane was 100% effective for me but you really have to be prepared for it. I took Accutane for 8 months- 40mg then 20mg then 10mg. The reason I am mentioning this is that I noticed that people start at very high doses. So if you are worried (and I recommend), take it slow and start at a lower dose. Accutane has a lot of side effects (the severity depends on numerous factors including dosage). My side effects included mood swings and dry skin (especially lips). I used to cry on the smallest things ever and I got sad very easily. It got better with time but please be well-prepared. You really have to make priorities and ask yourself if it is worth it and if you are able to handle it. I chose Accutane :)"

Accutane. August 13, 2015

For Acne "I used Accutane when I was 12. It worked perfectly. It worth every penny even considering the price is kind of high. I'm now 30 and I have to do it again.... yeah, acne can be a real pain in the butt but in a couple of months, it will be over."

Doumbet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2015

For Acne "I have struggled with acne for years now, and after going through many different topical creams and cleansers, my derm finally prescribed me this pill. It really helped clear up my acne, but a month after I stopped using it, my acne came back . Albeit the acne was much less and just a little whitehead here and there but it was still disappointing. I had a lot of negative side effects while using including: increased redness in the face, increased sensitivity to sun, rashes on arms and hands and dryness of lips and skin. Overall, it got rid of most of my acne which was a godsend, but the side effects were nasty and I still have little whiteheads here and there. But my self confidence sky rocketed and I feel much better after taking it."

KrickettNM July 30, 2015

For Acne "I am starting my second month on Accutane. I did a lot of research before, and watched tons of YouTube videos and searched for the products I needed before going on this. As a woman, you have to do extra steps, like blood draws and pregnancy tests, but it is all wroth it, to me. My skin looks amazing. I don't need hardly any makeup. I have minimal side effects: of course my lips are dry as hell, but if you stay on top of this from the very beginning and never let them start cracking, you should be good. I am on 60 mg per day. I use lanolin and Bite Beauty Agave lip mask for my lips and these are amazing. Best staying power out of the many things I've tried. Also, I have hard stools :( (TMI, sorry). But other than that I am very happy!"

thobr26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Acne "I have struggle with acne since 7th grade and my acne has always been my biggest insecurity. I am now 20 years old and have been on different medications, used different topical creams, and every moisturizer and face wash out there. My doctor finally prescribed me accutane and it is a miracle pill. The only side effect I experience was dry lips but it was worth it because my acne is gone. I would recommend this to anyone because it works and I have never been so confident"

PKELLS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2015

For Acne "I want to start off by saying, this is a miracle pill. I've suffered from acne since I have been in 7th grade (12yrs). I remember running into bathroom stalls to powder my face. Only hoping one day i would pass the "puberty" phase. However, here I was 19 graduating high school with worse acne. After years of treatment such as tropicals & numerous antibiotics I decided to take on accutane. Two months into accutane, I am leaving my house with JUST BBCream. No concealer, no powder NOTHING. I wake up & look into the mirror & feel like crying from happiness. It's been two month & I have another 3 to go. My journey has only begun and I can't believe these results. Only con is the chapped/dry lips. If you ask me it's all worth it"

19 yr old Female July 15, 2015

For Acne "This drug is magical - a cure all! I'm 25 and have dealt with acne of varying degrees since I was 11 (trying pretty much every medication/scrub/wash/cream/etc out there) and for the first time in my life after 7 months of treatment I no longer experience breakouts and can genuinely feel good about myself without wearing makeup in public. I experienced zero negative side-effects and strongly recommend!"

Anonymous July 13, 2015