User Reviews for Accutane

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

8.7
Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Accutane reviews 295 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "I've been using it for 8 weeks now and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I still get a few cystic acne (my dermatologist says its normal as Accutane is working to push out all hidden blackheads under the skin) but no new whiteheads or blackheads. Skin is also much less oily. I take about 40mg a day."

scarred pus face February 22, 2015

For Acne "After suffering from persistent acne for 7 years I asked my gp to refer me to dermatology (after trying everything from my docs). I first went in Oct 2014 and was put on doxycycline. Not sure why as I already tried this from my Gp but the dermatologist was adamant not to put me on roaccutane as I have suffered with depression for years! Had my review 2 week ago and I seen a new dermatologist as the previous one had left (thank god!) she wanted to put me on roaccutane with no hesitations. Had my blood test done 20 minutes later then picked my prescription up the next day :) soooo happy already! I'm already seeing results and I'm just about going into my second week. My face is so much clearer. I would recommend this treatment up to now x"

Sam x (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

For Acne "Best decision I have ever made .. Previously I used to sit in my house because I was to ashamed to go out but Accutane changed my life for the better."

hsat February 1, 2015

For Acne "I started taking this medication about four years ago, stopped maybe two or three years ago. Great success, my acne vanished and I have only had acne one time since, when I accidentally used moisturizer on my face. Only side effect I had was dry skin (mostly just chapped lips), which is to be expected, but it is pretty much back to normal now."

Joe2345543 January 31, 2015

For Acne "I have been off this medication for 2 years now and I havent seen any acne. I look in the mirror and it surprised me how well it works"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Acne "I'm on my second week of Accutane 40mg. So far no side effects or initial breakout. My lips are dryer but easily fixable with Chapstick. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer as well. I've had extremely minor pimples appear and then go away immediately and no scarring. So far it's been great and hopefully continues to do so!"

Floweer (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Acne "I am a nineteen year old female who has suffered with mild acne since I was about 10. I tried every cream, pill, and face wash you can imagine throughout the years and nothing completely got rid of my acne. When I was 18 my doctor recommended I try Accutane. I did a 6 month course of 10 mg a day and I can honestly say it changed my life. I would recommend to anyone who struggles with persistent acne. Before taking Accutane acne controlled my life. I would stay home just because of bad breakouts. Now my skin is flawless and I only get the occasional pimple which I can now deal with. Yes, I was dry when I was on Accutane but the end result is SO worth the 6 months of mild dryness!"

Court1111 January 3, 2015

For Acne "I tried literally everything from the "best" off the shelf products to the long line of prescription medications that my dermatologist put me on, I finally got put on Accutane after 5 years of severe cystic acne. I am currently in my second month of use and without any acne. My acne scars remain intact, however, there is not a single active zit on my face. I am very excited and would recommend that anyone with cystic acne look into it. If you're on here looking at these reviews because you're scared or unsure if it will treat your acne, I'm telling you it will! 100%"

Bri55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Unreal difference. My side effects are minimum and I'm on 60 mg a day. This is one stop shopping. I had terrible acne--cysts everywhere. I'm 3 months in and it's almost completely gone."

Anonymous December 24, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Acne "Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore."

lindylou northern ireland December 12, 2014

For Acne "I went on Accutane twice in my early 20's. It cleared my skin. I suffered from mild-moderate acne not extreme cystic acne. Afterwards everyone commented on how amazing my skin was. It's an amazing medicine. The only side effect I had was dry lips which I dealt with by buying Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Accutane has a powerful anti-ageing effect as it wipes out a lot of the photoageing you have suffered up to the point you start taking it. I am now 45 and look 10 years younger. I credit Accutane for the fact that I look so much younger than my years. It is a great medicine."

Tracey2014 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2014

For Acne "For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane."

Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2014

For Acne "Accutane saved my life, plain and simple. I've tried the facial burn and peel method, but only attained severe blistering and sunburn. Before that, I'd tried everything, and I mean everything. After I'd literally burned my face off to no prevail, I'd basically given up on trying to get rid of my acne. Sometime later (and after about 7 years of living with alternating moderate to severe acne), I had accepted that I was going to just have to live out my life with acne (my mom is still struggling with hers). But after trying Accutane, I couldn't be happier. If you have stubborn acne, you need to try this."

joe23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2014

For Acne "Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6."

MiracleCURE! November 25, 2014

For Acne "Best thing I've ever done ! I started getting acne when I was 7 took Accutane when I was 11 & my entire face cleared up within 9 months longer then expected but I don't get any acne beside when I'm menstruating & their very minor. Only side effects were very dry skin & lips & mood swings I recommend it"

Anonymous November 21, 2014

For Acne "I used Accutane about 11 years ago after trying every pill and cream and going through 4 different dermatologists. I had the usual side effect (dry everything). I went 10 years with perfect skin, not even 1 pimple. It was amazing. Over the last year my skin started getting very oily again and the breakouts were getting bad. I went back to my dermatologist where she had me try a few other medicines first and then we both decided it was back to the Accutane. I am just finishing up my first month back on the Accutane and I cannot wait to get it over with! I apply Vaseline to my lips every 20-30 minutes...I keep moisturizer on me all the time and have blood in my nose almost every morning.....but I know the end result is worth it!!"

JenniferLee78979 November 19, 2014

For Acne "*Sebaceous Hyperplasia*, The one change I am most thrilled about is it got rid of all of my sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged oil glands) bumps within the first week! I started getting these hard bumps about 5 years ago and 26 days ago, I had about 40 of them around my hairline and some on my chin, forehead, and cheek and my chest was starting to get super bumpy, today (day 26 on Accutane) I don't have a single bump. *Acne* As far as my acne, I am definitely having a flare up and it feels like all of my blackheads are being pushed out and so my skin feels very bumpy, but as of about 5 days ago I don't have to blot anymore and I can go 3 days without washing my hair."

Leila951 November 10, 2014

For Acne "I suffered severe form of acne from around 15 and after being subscribed to countless forms of antibiotics over the years (which had little or no effect), it was seriously affecting my self confidence and social life. My GP then decided to prescribe me for a 6 month course of Accutane, starting at 20mg/day. At first (months 1-2 )the improvements were small, the only effects being dry skin and lips. But then, there started to be gradual improvements from months 3-4 when I was taking 40mg/day. In months 5-6 my dosage was increased to 60 and 80mg/day respectively and the improvements were incredible. I can honestly say this medication has changed my life and would recommend it to anybody considering it!"

CDH97 November 7, 2014

For Acne "I'm up to my 4th month of Accutane and overall I'm happy with it. My advice to people thinking about trying it is just give it a go! You won't know until you try it, and biggest piece of advice is to know your body's limits. If you're on a high dose and for example your lips are dry enough that its affecting your daily life, just lower your dose! Easy as that. Talk to your dermatologist and tell them how you're feeling about it and they'll be happy for you to stick to a dosage that both improves your skin and keeps the rest of your body happy."

EmilyMayLil November 2, 2014

For Acne "I took Accutane when I was a teenager in the 1980's...I don't remember any side effects . My acne was pretty bad and it cured it. I haven't had a problem since."

Rholeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2014

For Acne "I am a 38-year-old female who has had acne since I was 10 years old I have tried every over-the-counter medication possible for acne since 1986 to 2012 After years of constant painful acne, my doctor finally decided that my case was severe enough to qualify for this medicine called Accutane/Isotretinoin. There's a long list of side effects which may seem scary at first, my only side effect was minor dry skin which was curable with a good moisturizer. I completed my treatment in January 2013 and this is now October 2014 and I am still acne free, longest period in my life ever to not have acne. I was on this for approximately five months but I first started seeing results in a month. I haven't worn make up on my face since then."

Shadall October 20, 2014

For Acne "I loved Accutane. I have taken it twice. It seemed to work for me for 5 years each time. I got the dry skin. I used baby washcloths and Neutrogena oil free fragrance free moisturizer. After the first few weeks it got better though. Best acne medicine on the market! By far!"

Forever struggle (taken for 10 years or more) October 18, 2014

For Acne "Hi everyone! This is my second month of taking Accutane. I am taking 40 mg doses a day, and by far I have noticed that along with my severe cystic acne, I used to have a lot of comedones (small white hard substance which if pinched comes out like a hard thread like thing) around my chin and nose area. It used to look disgusting as it gave a grainy and cactus like appearance, but thanks to isotretinoin, I am completely rid of comedones. But I still have occasional breakout and have about 8 big cysts on my face which still need to dry up. I am a big time squeezer and don't know how to stop myself from doing that. Will update after two more months. I give an 8/10 as of now. -22 yo female, India."

haplessacne (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2014

For Acne "60kg female. I had cystitis acne on face and jaw. I had acne from 13 years of age. I'm 31 now. I tried everything! Then asked for Accutane. I was on 20 30 40 50 50 steroids and 60 dose. For about 7 months, as I kept having pimples (small but pimples). I had regular blood and pregnancy test each month. The steroids kicked the medicine in the butt and at 60 cleared my face completely. I was on 60 for 2 months and I knew I had no acne at all. I wanted to give up, after 5 months when I was on 50. I would have no pimples all month but when on my periods. I finished on 60. No acne then and no acne 3 months later."

Theaora October 15, 2014

For Acne "Best decision of my life! My acne since I've had in fourth grade is gone, and I feel so much happier. My confidence has increased massively and I am no longer depressed. The medicine did make me drowsy, ill-tempered, dry skin, and horrendous break outs. But, overall this medicine has worked wonders for me and is completely worth it!"

Allysuhn October 7, 2014