User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 362 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Review by Rholeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I took Accutane when I was a teenager in the 1980's...I don't remember any side effects . My acne was pretty bad and it cured it. I haven't had a problem since.

October 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by Forever struggle (taken for 10 years or more):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I loved Accutane. I have taken it twice. It seemed to work for me for 5 years each time. I got the dry skin. I used baby washcloths and Neutrogena oil free fragrance free moisturizer. After the first few weeks it got better though. Best acne medicine on the market! By far!

October 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Review by dandu (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sotret (isotretinoin) for Acne: Sotret was amazing medicine which changed my life. I always dream to have acne free face but it could not be possible with other medicine but after using Sotret all the acne on my face were cleared and it gained me more confidence but this medicine takes at least 6-8 months to clear up all the acne on face. I thank Sotret for making my dream come true! Just loving my acne free face.

October 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Review by pc India (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: It's really a miracle for oily greasy face. I love it.

October 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by SanthoshYAR:

For Acne: I am suffering from acne for more than 7 years. I took different medications(capsules,creams,ointments) none of them have good impact. This year June I went to a dermatologist on my friends suggestion, he prescribed Isotretinoin 20mg 1 capsule per day for 10 days in a month. Its been 4 months now, except a few breakouts acne is under control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 7:08 AM

Review by Avii4566:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: LOVE this medication. It worked wonders in my back.. I suffered from really bad acne in my back ever since 7th grade, senior year of high school the acne started to spread down my arms and chest acne was becoming a problem too. My self esteem went down because of how embarrassed I was and resided to only wearing clothing that covered my back, upper arms, and chest which gets difficult after a while. After my first visit to the dermatologist she decided to put me on Claravis and I was 100% okay with it despite all the side effects. The side effects are not that bad except for dry lips but Aquaphor has REALLY helped. I'm still in treatment right now and get the occasional 1-2 small pimples on my back, but NOTHING compared to how my back was.

September 23, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by El Dawg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I have struggled with acne for so long I started getting it in the 6th grade I got cystic acne in 8th grade and it was horrible because I went to a kindergarten through 8th grade school every day a little kid would say something about it like "Oh my God what happened to your face" "Ew what's on your face" I was so embarrassed and I had tried almost every acne medication out there. I never wanted to try Accutane because I was scared of all the side effects but it was worth it. I'm a sophomore in high school now and my skin is completely clear and the only side effect I noticed were that my lips got badly dried out but it wasn't a huge problem.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: This medication is the only thing that has removed acne from my face and back. The side effects are horrible, but bearable. The side effects that I experienced during my treatment were: throbbing dry lips, itchy skin, dry eyes, blood in nose, severe joint pains, lethargy, darkening of face(temporary) and headaches. My dosage was from month 1 to 6: 40mg, 60mg, 70mg, 70mg, 80mg, 80mg. (Body weight 88kgs). If you suffer from cystic acne I would definitely recommend this medication. It really works and although the side effects are severe, they are temporary! Really worth it in the end

August 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by grrio (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had mild-severe scarring acne since I was 8 years old (I had premature puberty) and my mom took me to many dermatologists who prescribed many different medications. Nothing worked. Of course I was a little kid and wasn't following the instructions thoroughly. Then at the age of 16 I went on Accutane for 7 months. I remember that it took a while to see some improvement but on the 6th to 7th month it got extremely better. Of course I had a lot of problems with my dry lips. My hands were also very sensitive to cold (they still are). I stayed clear for about 17 years. I only had 2-3 zits once a month during menstruation. Since a year acne has started coming back. Not that bad though. The red marks are the worse. I might go on Accutane again.

August 13, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by Lissyloo2:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Amazing! I understand when people say they tried everything. I didn't have severe acne but persistent and regular plus it didn't help that I was a real squeezer and probably made whole situation worse. And I already get anxious about social situations so the skin problem added to that! I was able to go on a low dose, 20mg which I was scared wouldn't be enough but this stuff is strong! Can't complain about the dry skin as how else is it going to work? The whole idea is to make you less oily. Lips were very dry and gross at the start and whole layers were peeling off but that isn't so bad now. Have been through about 10 lip balms already! But that's it really. Sometimes feel a little tired but that could also not be Accutane.

August 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by Selle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've been through taking this for 3 months now and I noticed improvements on my acne. I still have occasional breakout and I hope this would totally be clear after 6 months.

August 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Review by Nk97 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had struggled with severe acne since middle school. It started in 6th grade and I honestly didn't know what to do. Sure other kids were getting pimples, it was the onset of puberty. But my acne was different. My face was soaked in oils, covered in patches of acne and red as hell. It really blew, and it continued that way until 8th grade. I had tried tons of "solutions" such as acne free, proactiv, Epiduo, and countless others. But there's a point where those medicines won't work for such a severe case of acne like mine, and many others. So in 8th grade my dad and I finally decided we should go see the dermatologist. He put me on Claravis for two months. I've been clear ever since. Now I'm a senior and I feel better than ever. Great experience.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by belx:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've been on this medication for just over 2 months now, taking 40mg a day. When I started on a low dose, the first 3 weeks I experienced severe dry skin, lips, and especially my nose and under my eyes even. The first 5 weeks my skin broke out worse. And from the beginning I started getting severe back pain. Now in week 9, my skin has settled down and is a tiny bit better, but all my blackheads have disappeared. My skin is still drier than usual, but it's actually improved, and my lips are fine as long as I apply vaseline 2-3 times a day. The only significant side effect I still have is my back and bone/joint pain. So far I'm very happy with what I've achieved (the blackheads) and expect things to keep improving.

July 31, 2014 7:25 AM

Review by Cherno (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had severe cystic acne covering my entire body for over 2 years. I tried antibiotics, creams and pills, and none of them worked. Finally after a year on antibiotics with no results my doctor referred me to a dermatologist who prescribed Accutane. I took it for six months and now my acne is completely gone. I have been off of it for two months now and no acne whatsoever has returned. I am hoping it never does! The side effects for Accutane were difficult (especially the dry lips - I had chapstick with me 24/7 and went crazy if I couldn't apply it about once an hour at least) but the end result was worth it in my opinion.

July 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Absorica (isotretinoin) for Acne: I’m a 23 year old female who has had acne issues since about 12 years old. Topicals kept me okay through my teen years until I got put on an antibiotic called Solodyn when I began getting adult acne at 22. It worked great but is not a permanent fix unless you want to take that pill every day for the rest of your life, so I tried Absorica. 5 months was all it took to clear up my severe nodular acne and dry out the blackheads I've had for 10 years. I experienced no serious side effects, just dry skin/lips and nosebleeds. With Aquaphor and Vaseline on hand, it was easily manageable and just a minor annoyance. Completely worth the results. I highly recommend Absorica, so long as you've done your research and monitor your health on it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am 20 years old and have been suffering with acne since I was 14. I tried EVERY topical lotions, antibiotics, and face washes you can think of and nothing worked on my stubborn skin. I was terrified of going on Accutane because of some bad reviews I read about it. After talking with my dermatologist, I decided to give Accutane a shot. Best decision of my life!! I am currently almost done with my third month and my skin feels so smooth and looks amazing. I have so much more confidence in myself and can go out without worrying about my skin looking horrible. The only side effects I have gotten so far are dry skin and very dry lips (I carry Chapstick with me 24/7!). Other than that, all I can say is Accutane is truly a miracle.

June 21, 2014 3:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: After trying over 8 prescription medications for my acne (both creams and oral pills), I finally decided to try Accutane. Despite all the negative aspects about Accutane that I read online, I am so happy I gave it a try. After the first month, my blackheads were gone and my bigger pimples weren't so inflamed and swollen. My face used to always be red and oily and after only one month, my face is not at all red or oily. I think a lot of people refrain from taking it because of the reviews they read online, but there are possible side effects for every medicine. My advice: give Accutane a shot. If it works to your benefit, I promise you that you will be extremely happy with the results.

June 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by nursesasha:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I used it over a year ago. All I really have to say is that it changed my life, truthfully. I'm 25 years also and I had gotten bad cyst on my jawline and almost everywhere really. Nothing worked, so finally I tried it. All the crap you hear about dry skin and lips, doesn't come close to how good you feel while your skin gets better. I only did a 6 month trial and it's been over a year since I stopped and I haven't had one cyst, pimple or anything since. Same goes for my back, I had very mild acne there and that has stopped as well. So if anybody is worried to take it, don't be. It really works, and it's so worth it.

June 9, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by Parker19977281 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was on isotretinoin for 7 months at the age of 15-16.. I had moderate acne and it worked within 5 months and completely cleared my face up... I've now been off the treatment for 6 months and my acnes slowly creeping back. My skin looks oily again. It's good but it doesn't cure it, more like masks it for a short period of time.

June 8, 2014 11:39 AM

Review by mufc20 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: This is the best treatment for acne! I'm 23 and still had acne, though I had it primarily on my back and arms. I would never take my shirt off in public an%u010F was extremely self conscious about it. I'm 4 months into the treatment and I have NO new pimples (marks still there). I just hope the acne doesn't come back after the treatment. Side effects are manageable, I've had dry lips, eyes and nose bleeds throughout the day but the advantages of the treatment outweigh the side effects by miles!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Lilo123:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I think I read every single review and watched every single youtube video on Accutane before I finally decided to start taking it. Every time I looked in the mirror I hated myself because of the way that I looked. I was embarrassed to be seen by anyone and I wore tonnes of foundation to try and cover my acne, which probably made it even worse but having acne made me crazy insecure about myself. Taking Accutane was the best decision of my life. I feel like a different person and not only has it made my skin 100 times better but I am far more confident too. My lips got quite dry but apart from that everything was great. My only regret with taking Accutane was that I didn't start taking it earlier. It is genuinely a miracle!

June 4, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by kaitlynhardin:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was hesitant to try Accutane because of it's dangerous side effects. However, as a 17 year old I had been suffering from severe acne since I was 11 years old. Accutane is not a medicine that I would recommend taking if you don't absolutely need to. Prior to starting it, I tried everything you could name- virtually anything they sold in chemists and countless topicals and oral medications, all with little to no effect. Looking back on it, I wish I would have started Accutane sooner. I cannot stress what amazing results I got after finishing my 7 months on the medicine. It did cause the expected dryness of lips, eyes, nose, etc. However, the results of the medicine completely outweigh it's side effects.

May 13, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by Chittychal:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'll admit, at first I was extremely skeptical. I had heard about all of the nasty side effects that occur with this medicine. 5 months ago, I had cystic acne SO bad that each side of my face on my cheeks looked like I had a big, inflamed, rash on them. I was embarrassed to leave the house and I had to cake on the makeup, and even then you could tell I had a big problem. Within the first three months or so, I had been on it and while it got better, I was sure it would never get really better because I kept breaking out. Well, I am officially on my 5th and last month and I haven't had a new pimple in over a week, I am 100% clear. This stuff WORKS. Don't let people scare you, the side effects are really not that bad. Life changing stuff.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 2:41 PM

Review by Pin79:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: What can I say..it works. I've suffered with acne for 25 years. I was afraid to use it at first, but I'm glad I jumped in.

May 8, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by ashfromabraai (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I was put on Roaccutane and the results were truly amazing. However, 9 months later my acne started to return again and I am unfortunately one of the 15% of people who are on their second course. I live in South Africa where the climate is hot and dry, and so I suffered with dry eyes, dry skin, dry lips, and had terrible back ache. The results that Roaccutane gave me the first time is worth going on it for a second time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate