User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 349 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Review by Cherno (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had severe cystic acne covering my entire body for over 2 years. I tried antibiotics, creams and pills, and none of them worked. Finally after a year on antibiotics with no results my doctor referred me to a dermatologist who prescribed Accutane. I took it for six months and now my acne is completely gone. I have been off of it for two months now and no acne whatsoever has returned. I am hoping it never does! The side effects for Accutane were difficult (especially the dry lips - I had chapstick with me 24/7 and went crazy if I couldn't apply it about once an hour at least) but the end result was worth it in my opinion.

July 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Absorica (isotretinoin) for Acne: I’m a 23 year old female who has had acne issues since about 12 years old. Topicals kept me okay through my teen years until I got put on an antibiotic called Solodyn when I began getting adult acne at 22. It worked great but is not a permanent fix unless you want to take that pill every day for the rest of your life, so I tried Absorica. 5 months was all it took to clear up my severe nodular acne and dry out the blackheads I've had for 10 years. I experienced no serious side effects, just dry skin/lips and nosebleeds. With Aquaphor and Vaseline on hand, it was easily manageable and just a minor annoyance. Completely worth the results. I highly recommend Absorica, so long as you've done your research and monitor your health on it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 11:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am 20 years old and have been suffering with acne since I was 14. I tried EVERY topical lotions, antibiotics, and face washes you can think of and nothing worked on my stubborn skin. I was terrified of going on Accutane because of some bad reviews I read about it. After talking with my dermatologist, I decided to give Accutane a shot. Best decision of my life!! I am currently almost done with my third month and my skin feels so smooth and looks amazing. I have so much more confidence in myself and can go out without worrying about my skin looking horrible. The only side effects I have gotten so far are dry skin and very dry lips (I carry Chapstick with me 24/7!). Other than that, all I can say is Accutane is truly a miracle.

June 21, 2014 3:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: After trying over 8 prescription medications for my acne (both creams and oral pills), I finally decided to try Accutane. Despite all the negative aspects about Accutane that I read online, I am so happy I gave it a try. After the first month, my blackheads were gone and my bigger pimples weren't so inflamed and swollen. My face used to always be red and oily and after only one month, my face is not at all red or oily. I think a lot of people refrain from taking it because of the reviews they read online, but there are possible side effects for every medicine. My advice: give Accutane a shot. If it works to your benefit, I promise you that you will be extremely happy with the results.

June 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Review by nursesasha:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I used it over a year ago. All I really have to say is that it changed my life, truthfully. I'm 25 years also and I had gotten bad cyst on my jawline and almost everywhere really. Nothing worked, so finally I tried it. All the crap you hear about dry skin and lips, doesn't come close to how good you feel while your skin gets better. I only did a 6 month trial and it's been over a year since I stopped and I haven't had one cyst, pimple or anything since. Same goes for my back, I had very mild acne there and that has stopped as well. So if anybody is worried to take it, don't be. It really works, and it's so worth it.

June 9, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by Parker19977281 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was on isotretinoin for 7 months at the age of 15-16.. I had moderate acne and it worked within 5 months and completely cleared my face up... I've now been off the treatment for 6 months and my acnes slowly creeping back. My skin looks oily again. It's good but it doesn't cure it, more like masks it for a short period of time.

June 8, 2014 11:39 AM

Review by mufc20 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: This is the best treatment for acne! I'm 23 and still had acne, though I had it primarily on my back and arms. I would never take my shirt off in public an%u010F was extremely self conscious about it. I'm 4 months into the treatment and I have NO new pimples (marks still there). I just hope the acne doesn't come back after the treatment. Side effects are manageable, I've had dry lips, eyes and nose bleeds throughout the day but the advantages of the treatment outweigh the side effects by miles!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2014 3:12 PM

Review by Lilo123:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I think I read every single review and watched every single youtube video on Accutane before I finally decided to start taking it. Every time I looked in the mirror I hated myself because of the way that I looked. I was embarrassed to be seen by anyone and I wore tonnes of foundation to try and cover my acne, which probably made it even worse but having acne made me crazy insecure about myself. Taking Accutane was the best decision of my life. I feel like a different person and not only has it made my skin 100 times better but I am far more confident too. My lips got quite dry but apart from that everything was great. My only regret with taking Accutane was that I didn't start taking it earlier. It is genuinely a miracle!

June 4, 2014 2:46 PM

Review by kaitlynhardin:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was hesitant to try Accutane because of it's dangerous side effects. However, as a 17 year old I had been suffering from severe acne since I was 11 years old. Accutane is not a medicine that I would recommend taking if you don't absolutely need to. Prior to starting it, I tried everything you could name- virtually anything they sold in chemists and countless topicals and oral medications, all with little to no effect. Looking back on it, I wish I would have started Accutane sooner. I cannot stress what amazing results I got after finishing my 7 months on the medicine. It did cause the expected dryness of lips, eyes, nose, etc. However, the results of the medicine completely outweigh it's side effects.

May 13, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by Chittychal:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'll admit, at first I was extremely skeptical. I had heard about all of the nasty side effects that occur with this medicine. 5 months ago, I had cystic acne SO bad that each side of my face on my cheeks looked like I had a big, inflamed, rash on them. I was embarrassed to leave the house and I had to cake on the makeup, and even then you could tell I had a big problem. Within the first three months or so, I had been on it and while it got better, I was sure it would never get really better because I kept breaking out. Well, I am officially on my 5th and last month and I haven't had a new pimple in over a week, I am 100% clear. This stuff WORKS. Don't let people scare you, the side effects are really not that bad. Life changing stuff.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 2:41 PM

Review by Pin79:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: What can I say..it works. I've suffered with acne for 25 years. I was afraid to use it at first, but I'm glad I jumped in.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by ashfromabraai (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Acne: I was put on Roaccutane and the results were truly amazing. However, 9 months later my acne started to return again and I am unfortunately one of the 15% of people who are on their second course. I live in South Africa where the climate is hot and dry, and so I suffered with dry eyes, dry skin, dry lips, and had terrible back ache. The results that Roaccutane gave me the first time is worth going on it for a second time.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 7:09 AM

Review by Nicoleeee:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I couldn't be more thankful for this medicine. I'm so happy I made the decision to take it despite reading so many scary things about it. I can honestly say its probably been the best decision of my life. If you have the opportunity to go on this medicine do it. It will change your life.

April 27, 2014 7:11 PM

Review by Rasa35 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rosacea: I am 35 years old female. I had severe acne rosacea. Antibiotics, topic metronidazole and azelaic acid didn't help me. I fell in a deep depression because of look of my face. Roaccutane saved my life. My face cleared up in about a month. Big big thanks for inventors of this miracle.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 5:41 AM

Review by JackieRCon3:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Accutane is the best medicine in the world. I get every side effect known to man and this medicine only gave me the common side effects. The only side effects I got were dry skin (which was a blessing because my skin was extremely oily), dry lips, and toward the last two months my white blood cell count got low. I would recommend this medicine to everyone. As long as you eat right and are somewhat active you should be fine on this medicine. Also, most say depression is a factor but I have a family history of depression and when I was 12-15 (I am currently 18) I suffered from extreme anxiety and I had no emotional issues with this medicine. It is life changing.

April 3, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by Smile face:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Few weeks off Accutane and happy with the results. Experienced minimal side effects. Just hope acne will never come back like before.

March 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by Nicole___:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm on my fourth month of Accutane and can honestly say this has changed my life. Four months ago, my confidence was literally non-existent. I couldn't look people in the eye, I hid away from everyone even my family as much as I could, I hated going out in public. My acne wasn't severe or cystic but when you have pimples on your face, you feel like that's all people are looking at. After reading so many scary things about this medicine I was really hesitant about going on it. But I couldn't be happier that I did. I've experienced only dry lips, skin and eyes which is pretty easy to control with a good moisturizer. I sometimes (rarely) experience minor back pain. But its so worth it everything is worth it. I finally have my life back!

March 20, 2014 8:57 PM

Review by danyelleelayne (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've suffered from acne for over 10 years. I went through two treatments of Accutane. It helped clear up my skin, but it didn't help clear up my blackheads. The 2nd time I was on it, my dermatologist kept me on for 8 months and it still wasn't a true success. I have been off Accutane for 2 years now. I still suffer from acne, especially blackheads. I don't break out nearly as bad as before, but it's still a struggle.

March 18, 2014 12:18 AM

Review by Kwh12n:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm just coming to the end of my fourth month on this medicine and it's worked a dream!! Before having this I cried every morning not wanting to go to school and every night before I went to sleep, I tried every single facial wash and tablet there was (prescribed and over the counter) Since being on the medicine my life has turned around I'm not afraid to take photos with family and friends and I only use light make up I'm not afraid to go out! I did have some side effects such as, sickness, depression, nose bleeds, joint pain, dry skin & chapped lips however the doctor dropped the dosage and now I'm back to my normal self! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

February 28, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by verla (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for : Since the age of 11 I suffered with cystic acne and later in life I had cysts on my face, chest, back and breasts, and inner thighs. Constant blood and drainage of pus was a regular everyday event for me. After being prescribed Accutane my life changed. Nothing had ever worked. I used every soap, cream and antibiotic known to man with no results whatsoever. My acne went away and stayed away. It was like a miracle! Later in life I was put on the generic form and was not pleased at all. It did nothing.

February 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Review by Greatending (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I was 49 when I began taking Accutane for moderate acne. My insurance company only approved 5 months treatment. My dermatologist generally recommends 8 months but I was satisfied with my results at the end of my 5 month course. I had the common side effects of chapped lips and dry itching skin. It's been 4 months post treatment and I'm still clear of bumps. I don't regret my decision.

February 21, 2014 9:50 PM

Review by Holls (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've written a review on here a couple times, first when I had first started on Accutane and second when I was on my fourth month. I just finished my last pill last night & I'm hopeful that my face will stay clear. I still have dry lips & dry skin, that will eventually go back to normal but otherwise my skin is completely clear & I'm not scared to wear less makeup, before I would literally look like a cake face. All I have is a lot of left over marks and discoloration but my dermatologist and I have already talked about chemical peels within the next month or two. I know Accutane sounds scary for everyone who hasn't tried it & read some reviews but it's not. Acne was messing with me mentally & I was willing to try anything! Go for it.

February 21, 2014 4:12 PM

Review by sccali (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: When I was 17, I began to develop bad acne. My face (mainly around my mouth) developed cystic pimples. My self esteem dropped and I became depressed and anti-social. I tried all sorts of creams, gels, antibiotics, and spironolactone. Nothing worked permanently. I finally decided to try Accutane. I AM SO GLAD I DID! I experienced zero side effects and within 2 months my skin was completely clear. Every month my skin became clearer. A year and a half after finishing Accutane my skin is still clear. My self esteem is 10000x better than before and I no longer am afraid to look people in the eye or leave the house without pounds of make up on. I was on Accutane for 6 months and experienced zero depression.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2014 1:35 PM

Review by KarlySamantha:

For Acne: Deciding to take this medicine is a big decision and it took me quite a while. I got so tired of constant painful break outs that I finally decided to just go for it. For days prior to taking it, I read tons of negative and scary reviews which is the worst thing you can do before taking it. I am now on my last month (month 5) and my skin is truly unbelievable. What a transformation. I can finally leave the house without being embarrassed about my face. As for side effects, they were very mild for me. Dry skin, lips, hair, eyes, and a fatigued feeling. Every single month your doctor will review your blood work with you, I have not had any problems with mine. The last 5 months have been so worth the results!

January 31, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by 18 year old girl with cystic acne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I am an 18 year old girl who has had acne since the fourth grade. I have been on countless medications to try and help my skin; Tetracycline, Minocycline, Doxycycline, and Ortho Tri-Cyclen (birth control). None of these helped. I have used Proactive (twice) that didn't help in the least bit, so my last resort was Accutane. I was very nervous about it, having done my research on it, I wasn't sure if I wanted to. Well, let me tell you, I am so glad I did. I am only on my second month, and my skin is so smooth. Before, I had cysts and nodules all along my jaw, my neck, my chest, my upper back, and my cheeks. Now, they're flat and fading. I don't have any on my face, my chest is now drying out, and my neck looks better.

January 10, 2014 1:01 AM