User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 424 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have struggled with acne for years now, and after going through many different topical creams and cleansers, my derm finally prescribed me this pill. It really helped clear up my acne, but a month after I stopped using it, my acne came back . Albeit the acne was much less and just a little whitehead here and there but it was still disappointing. I had a lot of negative side effects while using including: increased redness in the face, increased sensitivity to sun, rashes on arms and hands and dryness of lips and skin. Overall, it got rid of most of my acne which was a godsend, but the side effects were nasty and I still have little whiteheads here and there. But my self confidence sky rocketed and I feel much better after taking it."

KrickettNM July 30, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am starting my second month on Accutane. I did a lot of research before, and watched tons of YouTube videos and searched for the products I needed before going on this. As a woman, you have to do extra steps, like blood draws and pregnancy tests, but it is all wroth it, to me. My skin looks amazing. I don't need hardly any makeup. I have minimal side effects: of course my lips are dry as hell, but if you stay on top of this from the very beginning and never let them start cracking, you should be good. I am on 60 mg per day. I use lanolin and Bite Beauty Agave lip mask for my lips and these are amazing. Best staying power out of the many things I've tried. Also, I have hard stools :( (TMI, sorry). But other than that I am very happy!"

thobr26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have struggle with acne since 7th grade and my acne has always been my biggest insecurity. I am now 20 years old and have been on different medications, used different topical creams, and every moisturizer and face wash out there. My doctor finally prescribed me accutane and it is a miracle pill. The only side effect I experience was dry lips but it was worth it because my acne is gone. I would recommend this to anyone because it works and I have never been so confident"

PKELLS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2015

For Acne: "My acne erupted at 23 with moderate cystic acne. I took many topical and antibiotics for 2.5 years and experienced little impact on my facial acne and developed gut issues from antibiotic use. Anyway, I've been on clarvis for nearly 2 months now, first 80mg (dry skin, lips, severe joint pain and fatigue) dermatologist reduced to 60mg daily for second month (dry lips, slight joint pain, conjunctivitis in both eyes). I have had a noticeable slowing in my acne lesions although the pitted scarring seems to be here for good. I look forward to the 6 month result and plan to stick with it! Make sure you take care of your eyes with artificial tears daily, my double eye infection is still healing after 3 weeks. Good luck you guys!!"

Sunny008 July 17, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I want to start off by saying, this is a miracle pill. I've suffered from acne since I have been in 7th grade (12yrs). I remember running into bathroom stalls to powder my face. Only hoping one day i would pass the "puberty" phase. However, here I was 19 graduating high school with worse acne. After years of treatment such as tropicals & numerous antibiotics I decided to take on accutane. Two months into accutane, I am leaving my house with JUST BBCream. No concealer, no powder NOTHING. I wake up & look into the mirror & feel like crying from happiness. It's been two month & I have another 3 to go. My journey has only begun and I can't believe these results. Only con is the chapped/dry lips. If you ask me it's all worth it"

19 yr old Female July 15, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "This drug is magical - a cure all! I'm 25 and have dealt with acne of varying degrees since I was 11 (trying pretty much every medication/scrub/wash/cream/etc out there) and for the first time in my life after 7 months of treatment I no longer experience breakouts and can genuinely feel good about myself without wearing makeup in public. I experienced zero negative side-effects and strongly recommend!"

Anonymous July 13, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My experience with accutane is life changing my story will literally change lives for the simple fact that I am a kid that lived the same nightmare each and every high school kid has experienced at least once in there life and the fact that I can share what I did and that it could help millions of people is heartwarming I wish I could post pictures because this story just doesn't do it justice"

Noah07 July 12, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "For years I dealt with acne on my face, chest, and back.. I was so insecure, I hated taking close up pictures, I hated wearing clothes that showed my back or chest. It just sucked. My dermatologist prescribed me to Accutane and within two weeks I seen a major difference. I will say, it gets worse before it gets better because it brings all your bumps to a head. But once your pores are dried out, your bumps will be gone. My lips got really dry fast so I had to apply chapstick constantly throughout my day. That was two years ago, i get a bump every now and then like normal people. But my skin is clear. Accutane changed my life :)"

I Beat Acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane has saved my life. My acne surfaced around 22 years old and from then on I've tried every salicylic and benzol product, retin-a and every other topical product from the dermatologist, and oral antibiotic known to mankind and nothing worked. I started accutane, now just starting month 4, and I have NO pimples! Only minimal scarring, but who cares as long as I don't have disgusting bumps and whiteheads all over my face! If you can get over the crazy dryness and chapped lips 24/7 you will be good. No joke I used to be able to count anywhere from 10-20 pimples on my face, now I am clear!!!! I'm so scared because I need to stop accutane a month early and pray my acne doesn't come back:("

Kaylaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

For Acne: "I was on a 16 week course with 30mg/day the first month & then 50mg/day the remainder of the time. At first it got a lot better, then it got a lot worse - which is to be expected. It took so long as to the 14th week to really see a big change and now I've just finished the full 16 weeks and my skin is better than ever. There are still some spots that need to be healed but other than that I'm amazed. My doctor explained to me that the medication keeps working in your body for 8 weeks after you've stopped taking the pills & when you're on them some people's skin is so sensitive it's like glass & therefore for some people the pills really work its wonders after you've stopped them. So DON'T give up. Also, Aquaphor is lifesaver for dry lips."

Ebba13 June 25, 2015

For Acne: "Since 11 years old I have had mild acne that would flare up pretty bad at times - mainly around my mouth, chin and forehead with break outs on chest and back. Now aged 26 I have been on accutane for nearly two months now.(30mg for 1st month and then 60mg for the 2nd) After the first month my acne had pretty much cleared and now after the 2nd my skin is looking great. The side effects have been minimal, I have had dry lips and I haven't been able to go to the gym as much. Apart from that I have been good all round! I take the medication with an oily fish lunch and glass of milk everyday - which I think helps reduce the side effects. I would highly recommend, this is the first time I have had clear skin in around 15 years!!"

sarahslc (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I would most definitely reccomend Accutane! the stuff is brilliant!!! i am 18 and have experienced bad skin for almost 2 years, i was constantly paranoid and unhappy and now i wake up instantly in a good mood, the side effects can be quite painful as i had very dry lips and dry patches all over my arms but they are only temporary and defo worth it!"

Anonymous June 9, 2015

For Acne: "I always had good skin growing up, but began developing cystic acne when I was 20. My doctor gave me an 80mg Solodyn prescription, and I took the medicine for 6 months. The Solodyn worked a bit, but my acne continued to mark my face. I had a lowered confidence and didn't even like looking at myself in the mirror. Then, I started taking 2 x 40mg Accutane a day for 6 months. Months 1-2 really didn't show any change. However, by the end of month four, I was almost completely eradicated of my acne. By the end of Month 6, my skin was completely clear. I have now been off the medicine for a month and haven't felt so good about myself since the acne began a year and a half ago. If you are considering Accutane, do it. Benefits outweigh side effects."

MDJAKDCN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Acne: "I have suffered with acne on my back and chest area for around 14 years. I have been on numerous antibiotics, including trimethoprim (which I had an allergic reaction to). I was on the pill from aged 17-27. Now I am 28 and still suffering severe cystic 'backny'. After many tablets, ointments, creams, solutions and treatments, my dermatologist decided to start me on 20mg per day. I will be on 20mg for one month, at which point, I will increase to 40mg every other day. Results: I have been on isotretinoin for 10 days. I saw positive results after two days. My chest is clear of all spots. There is one cyst on the mend. My back is showing signs of clearing but very slowly. So far, I am happy. I will post again in a month or so. :)"

SabrinaO June 6, 2015

For Acne: "Before starting the medicine I used to suffer severe acne that literally was a source of anxiety and depression for me. I've finished it now and I am more than satisfied with the results, my face is cleared up and I feel better anyway, I swear this medicine is a miracle my face was covered up with acne everywhere but now I am thankful and I advice everybody who greatly suffer acne with this medicine, deny the side effects, because the outcome is worth it. A MIRACLE"

Nouuuuuu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2015

For Acne: "Accutane truly changed my life. Prior to Accutane, I had been dealing with cystic acne for the past five years. The acne was all over my face, but was mainly present on my chin and cheek area. The pimples were deep and painful, and left scars regardless of whether I picked at them or not. My acne was present year round; however, it worsened tremendously during the winter months. I was prescribed Isotrentinion 25mg twice a day in the middle of November. ($10 monthly!!!) I saw results within the first month of taking it! It was truly amazing. My skin was extremely dry for the first 2-3 months, but nothing too insane. Other than dryness, I did not experience any other drastic side effects from Accutane. No muscle pain, no mood changes."

Banaan May 20, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am in my 5th month with this medicine and my face is flawless and I love it-but it did come at a cost. My side effects are bad - I have horrible joint pain, temper/anger issues, dry skin on my nose, chapped lips constantly and patches of dry skin all over my body... The pain in my body is my biggest complaint- somedays I can barely move, my feet and my back hurt the most with the 80mg dosage and my ability to control my temper pretty much goes out the window...but I know I'm almost done, so I don't want to change a thing. But overall, my face cleared up on my 4th month and that's all I wanted. I'm so happy on how clear it is- but I will be even happier to not be in so much pain."

Lady10101 May 18, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on accutane treatment for 3 months, and finally after 2 years experience trying, depression of humiliation , disappointment and despair , it finally worked out.. My skin is flawless. I'm over the moon. My friends , they noticed it and it was kinda funny cause nobody ever talk about my acne to me. Sadly, it only last for 4 months before my cystic acne come out again which was worse than before. I want to start on accutane again but I was too afraid of the side effects. Then , I found out about COD liver oil. It is basically a natural source of Vitamin A and D unlike in accutane. Now, after 1 months , my cystic acne finally cleared up! Now there's only scars. I'm telling you guys , this stuff is miracle. You should really consider it"

stargirl1994 May 8, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "If anyone were to ask me what's the best way to get rid of acne, I would say accutane. Granted every person/ skin type is different so results vary for every individual, but accutane has been a wonder drug for me. From age 12-18 I had struggled with acne and had been prescribed many ointments, creams, and different brands of "the pill", I purchased off the counter brands, performed home remedies, and nothing had work. If you have had many failed attempts of curing your acne, I highly suggest to go to your dermatologist and personally ask to be put on accutane. I promise it will make you want to enjoy and embrace life instead of constantly knowing the patterns on floors and never knowing the colors of your classmates eyes."

Hulers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "The side-effects suck. I would get a bloody nose at least 5 times a day, my lips would peel and get blisters, and my arms would get rashes. But it was all worth it. Accutane is amazing. I am so thankful for it. I had acne for 6 years and I tried everything you could imagine to try and clear my face up. Now after 4 long months, I am just now taking my last pill. I go to the mirror and I don't see a pimple, scar, or even a red mark on my face. my self-esteem has improved so much. I would definitely recommend it."

Randy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started getting spots when I was about 12 and it was pretty bad acne by around 15. I went on the pill and probably every type of antibiotic which each worked but only for a limited time. At 23 I realised the only thing left was accutane. NHS was slow so I went private (1 appointment - £120) and the dermatologist prescribed me 4 months of 40 mg/day (I only weigh around 100 pounds). Best thing I ever did. Only side effects I noticed were dry lips - I recommend aquaphor - and dry inside of my nose. 100% worth it and my skin is amazing and spot free now! I've just come off the medication so fingers crossed it lasts a long time. Very happy, I definitely recommend."

BbBianca April 25, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "On my third month of using Accutane I must say it definitely works but the lower back & side pain is getting out of hand it's depressing because I've dealt with acne most of my life & have used everything under the sun ,but the one thing that works I can't use ...I highly recommend it but be careful with the side affects"

bumpy Johnson April 20, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "If you have acne, Accutane is the holy grail. I had mild-moderate acne in high school. I took it for six weeks. It sucked my skin dry as a bone, but after that, my skin looked pristine. With the exception of an occasional stray pimple, I have not had a breakout in 15 years. There is no point in trying anything else."

l-jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Yesterday, my dental hygienist asked me how I got my skin so clear. I almost cried because no one has ever complimented me on my skin before. My skin was the source of a great deal of unhappiness, anxiety, and stress in my life prior to Accutane. Thank you, Accutane, for giving me back my confidence and life. As for side effects: very minimal. No changes in mood. Biggest pain in the butt was iPledge and monthly tests. I'm a very busy person, so finding the time to run out of work in the middle of the day was difficult. But so worth it. Don't focus on all the negative stories!! I wish I would have ignored the naysayers and gone on this drug years ago! Good luck :)"

Smiley2345 April 8, 2015

For Acne: "I was a 36 year old who had been suffering with acne since age 14. I tried every medication you could imagine and was told I would outgrow it. I can honestly say I was thinking of suicide when I begged my Dr to try accutane and told him my feelings. It was the beginning of my new life, and now 10 yrs later I do STILL get a pimple once in awhile. I now have "old age" acne I'm told. I would tell anyone out there , don't go through yrs of agony when the answer is right there!"

Adult Acne April 8, 2015