User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Rosacea 8 reviews 101 medications

8.4
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 543 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 24 and have had med. level acne on my face for many years, and more recently on my shoulders. I started Accutane March 2016 at 20mg. Apr 30mg and next week -May 40mg. Symptoms in March; chapped lips, dry face, body aches, blurry vision, new oil pimples. April- My symptoms changed to; eyes sensitive to sunlight, heart burn with greasy foods, body aches, dryness, dry hair/split ends/thinner hair, and my skin has a slower healing process now so any pimples I have touched will stay for weeks. Also, I have noticed that on the days I do drink one gallon of water or more my symptoms go away. I also eat healthy and I try to take daily vitamins. Choose a reputable derm!"

Alex305 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Acne: "Well if I could I would rate this medicine a 0 I would. This has been the single worst experience of my life. I have been on accutane for 6 months and my skin still sucks. I break out everyday and the side effects are not fun.The most disheartening thing about this whole experience was the promise from my dermatologist that this medicine would work. My skin is red and super dry. My lips peel and are extremely chapped. My eyes hurt, I can't drink, I sunburn in 2 minutes and it's just an overall miserable medication to be on. I was on 120mg my last month and it still didn't clear me. I hate this drug and I genuinely feel like I completely wasted the past 6 months of my life"

Kevin13222 April 23, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am a 40 year old male who has been subject to moderate acne my entire life starting at age 13. It has never been debilitating but it has caused certain self esteem issues (rather it has exacerbated self esteem issues). In an effort to make this as concise as possible, 99% of all that is on the internet will all the "bad stuff" written about this drugs are NOT true. Although my experience is one case, my case is a solid and reliable example of the true effects of Amnesteem / Accutane. The biggest issue with this drug are the insurance companies and the constant monthly battles to get them to cover it. Remember folks, having insurance is not the same this as having access to proper care and insurance coverage. BEST DRUG EVER!"

parchoda111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Rosacea: "I am man and I have rosacea from 13 years. today 19 years Dr to try me accutane 20 mg 4 times a week and my rosacea to improved. I took 4 months of treatment and will be updating as I will going ."

Andres Rangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My daughter was 15 at the time and was given Oratane. Certainly it worked temporarily for the acne but as a result of this horrible drug she developed irritable bowel syndrome. It has been a year off it and things have NOT returned to normal. She was referred to the hospital and the specialist told us that recent research shows that this drug can cause perforation of the bowel."

Terri Monroe April 19, 2016

For Rosacea: "I have been on accutane for five months and have not seen a single improvement in my skin. I just finished the last of my pills and I am highly disappointed. I still have red splotches all over my face and my face, neck, and chest get red very fast and very easily. Which I want to mention did not start to happen until AFTER I got on the medicine. It has made my skin so sensitive never like before. I hated this entire journey because the dermatologist filled my mind with false hopes saying this was a miracle drug and my cure all. I do not recommend anyone taking this. It's a complete waste of money and time."

Pissed tf off April 17, 2016

For Acne: "Isotretinoin saved my life, literally. I already gave up on life, I had severe acne for 5 years, Up to 15 cysts at my face at one time i couldnt leave the house. I changed my diet went on years of antibiotics it did nothing. Finally went on Oratane, 10mg. Within 2 days, i touched my nose area and it was no longer oily. Face improved by 70% in 30 days and now, on the 45th day I am 100% clear for the first time. Thank you."

S.B (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My son has severe acne from his Crohn's drugs and now he wants to take Accutane - I see it as a death sentence of sorts, but I can understand what he is going through at just 13 years old. Has anyone tried Accutane when they are already wrestling with Crohn's? His Crohn's is in remission and he is using Humira every two weeks now. We suspect Prednisone as the initial cause of his acne."

veryworrieddad April 15, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "April 1st, 2016 I finally decided to declare war against acne & visit a dermatologist to formulate an attack plan. I've had periods within my life where my skin would clear up with over the counter treatments but as an Bi-racial/African American woman I found that All skin types did not refer to "my skin type". I found that my skin loved the Winter and Fall while the rest of me loved Spring and Summer. Within a short 2 weeks I've seen drastic changes in my skin from the luster to the minimum break outs that I would normally see this time of year. I have noticed moderate dry peeling patches that a little moisturizer hasn't eliminated & more wind burned type chapped lips but would definitely recommend Amnesteem to my fellow mature women!"

40 years old and soo over acne (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Absorica (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My son who has tried almost every available expensive medication from retin-a to antibiotics with not much success finally the dermatologist said we were out of options and Absorbica would be the answer and he was right after 5 months of terribly cracked lips, dry skin and a fair amount of muscle pain the results are beyond amazing while it wasn't a complete no acne ever kind of result it he does get an occasional breakout but it's one or two pimples they are very small and disappear rapidly. Regardless of the expense it was well worth the results."

Blumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I read the Accutane horror stories, so I turned down my dermatologists suggestion of it. After 4 more years (25 now), the cystic acne has just been getting worse and worse. It was seriously impacting my life. I just finished a month ago doing a 5 month 60mg/day treatment and my skin is flawless. I cannot believe it. I actually have better skin than people who I once thought had beautiful perfect skin. I experienced some joint pain the first month and dry lips the entire time, but I started seeing reductions in acne by month 2 and had no new cysts by month 4. There are still a few that are healing (yes, I would get some cysts that take 6-8 months to heal). I would highly recommend this. I have so much of my life back not worrying about skin."

JustDoItAlready (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 49 years old & my skin NEVER broke out during puberty. When I was in my mid 30's, it hit me slowly and then real bad about 3 years ago. At first, antibiotics & Spirnolactone worked fine, then last year my body stopped responding to that treatment. That is when I started on Amnesteem. Aside from the initial pain in the neck of filing with the Federal Government to ensure I wouldn't get pregnant, I was excited to try it. The first month, my skin got really oily & broke out more, but my doctor said that happens. I am on my 5th month of treatment now, and my skin is almost clear. My only complaint is joint pain - I feel like I am 30 years older than I really am & I eat Tylenol like candy, yet I am told that will also subside."

Shommy April 10, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on accutane for a little over 6 months. I started at 30mgs/day, but became suicidal and had severe joint pain so my doc dropped me to 20mgs/day. I was able to handle the dryness and sun sensitivity. Ultimately I stopped taking it early because it dried out my lungs and (although I can't prove it) I believe my new diagnosis of asthma is due to the accutane. I suffered from horrible chest pain for over a month before figuring out it was the accutane. Once I stopped, the chest pain went away, but the asthma has not gone away. It did completely clear up my skin, but I don't know if it was worth it. I've been off for 3 months now and I have a little acne again, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was before."

tilnih (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "At the age of 25, I had severe hormonal acne appearing under my chin and on my jawline, deep black heads, scarring, super oil face and hair before taking Accutane. This medication is totally worth it! I've tried so many OTC medications, prescribed so many creams and oral pills, chemical peels, dieting, Proactive, etc. Nothing worked! I used to have horrible skin in high school as well and it cleared up for a few years then the acne came back. I went to my dermatologist and she recommend Accutane for 5 months. The first two months I had the initial break out and it sucked but I knew it would get worse before it got better. My face was pretty clear by the third month. By the fourth month I only had little scars and now I'm acne free!"

lee337 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Acne: "When I was 13 years old, I started to develop severe acne. From 13 to 15 I tried many medications over and under the counter, but nothing seemed to have much effect if any at all. Finally, I was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed me Accutane for 3 months. My brother (a year older than me) was going through the same thing & was also prescribed Accutane, but for 5 months. We both experienced ineffably dry lips (like a desert) and our skin improved immensely. By month 2, I had very good results and only dry lips as a side effect. I'm now 24 & today I have about 5% of what I used to have, but I'm getting on Accutane again to get rid of it once & for all. Overall, Accutane was great for me & my brother & I'm very happy with the results."

Nikita C (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane is the king of acne treatments. I took this medicine about 3 weeks ago. I don't know why does my body react so fast with this medicine. My face now is 80% clear, and I feel so much more confident. I recommend that asking your der for this drug, it' amazing guys."

Toya1995 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've been on this medication for a week and I know what your thinking skip this review but DON'T!!!! I've always had bad acne and while I've already seen it improve my acne (I turn 25 next month) the side effects are NOT worth it. It's made me experience suicidal ideation off and on since beginning it, it's made me paranoid about a lot of things and people, I've been so nauseous constantly that I've already lost three pounds, my appetite is so suppressed that I can't even force myself to eat three times a day. I've been having intense anger outburst which is not like me AT ALL. This is me after six days on 40mg. I love that it's clearing my face but I can not justify a medication that makes me want to kill myself. This has been a terrible!"

Emilyyyyyyy April 2, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "don't risk it, it's not worth losing yourself in the process of clearing your acne."

Accutane survivour April 1, 2016

For Acne: "This drug is a godsend. I had acne from middle school to high school. I used every product on the self and many prescribes by my dermatologist, oral and topical cream. NOTHING worked. If you've tried up to three dermatologist prescriptions stop and just get accutane. I did not have occasional breakouts I always had at least 10 pimples on my face, scars, body acne, and occasionally cystic acne (not the extreme kind)I had known about accutane years before and thought I would never be able to get that because of the cost and seriousness of the drug. I was wrong, it is not as dangerous as people make it out to be and I promise you will not regret it! Please try it. I was once you and my acne is GONE. I look and feel like a different person"

Anymomous March 31, 2016

For Acne: "I remember tears rolling down my face as I signed the packet confirming that I understood the potential side effects of taking this medicine. I had suffered from large and painful cystic acne on my jawline since I hit puberty around 13 and nothing - natural remedies, chemical-filled lotions, Spironolactone, birth control pills, change in diet, drinking more water, etc. - had come close to fixing it. I have depression and Crohn's in my family and worried this would make it worse. Aside from dry lips and dry skin I did not have any side effects and my acne is FINALLY GONE. Started April '15 ended in November '15. I did have an initial breakout. I know many people who have taken it as well who do not have any horror stories. Don't be afraid!"

Meghano123 March 28, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Ive been suffering frok acne from the age of 12 ever since ive been so insecure,at the age of 13 i started putting foundation to cover it up,it was reallly bad.Accutane/roaccutane saved my life and my confidence in many ways,im 14 ive been with this medication for 3 months now ive seen alot of change in my skin,really happy with my results,i really recommend roaccutane,i started off with 20 mg then 30 then 40,my side effects were nose bleed,dry lips,dry face,back pain,headaches and joint pain but its definatly worth it.i took a before and after pic and in these 3 months ive seen alot of difference and now i can go out in public without makeup!ive tried everythinn and nothing worked except for roaccutane."

Haileymay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2016

For Rosacea: "This is a miracle drug. Nothing would clear my acne for years and this cleared it right up in a few months. Can't recommend highly enough. People will try to scare you with crazy side effects but these are really really rare. I only got dry skin, dry nose, and dry lips."

Acne+Rosacea girl March 23, 2016

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have currently been on this medication for the last two weeks. The first week I was on 30mg once a week but I requested to be changed to every other day.These two weeks I have seen alot of the side effects that I was told about. Dry skin and lips has been the worst thing so far but nothing lotion and lip balm can't fix. The only thing I can really complain about is if you are diagnosed with IBS this medication may increase your problems with IBS. It was the worst for the first week but switching to every other day has really helped and not as many side effects. I do not see any major changes so far but at the same time I have not experienced any major outbreaks so thats a start!"

Sarah5674326785 March 21, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My experience with accutane was amazing! I have always had acne and have tried everything over the counter but nothing worked. I did have some side effects including extremely dry lips, as well as pretty bad joint and muscle pain. My skin was also dry too including my scalp. But I loved it because I could go without washing my hair for a week! It was great. These side effects sucked while going through them, but absolutely worth it for the results! After a few months of finishing, my lips, scalp and skin were no longer as dry as they were while on the medication. My skin is definitely not as oily as it was before I started! I have no regrets about taking this Med and I would absolutely recommended accutane to others!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was suffering from severe acne since I was 14 years, tried many tropical and antibiotics but failed,, when I turned 17 I was on accutane 20mg, at beginning there were no results, even after 4 months ,nothing changed much, but after 5th month I could really see a difference, my face started clearing, even though there many scar and holes. but my parents stopped me on this medicine due to its serious side effects. my immune system became weak and I am suffering from tuberculosis now. my parents blame the medicine for this disease as it had weaken my immune sys,, but it really got my face cleared. There are no outbreaks now but scar persist. I would seriously recommend it but on an advice to get a regular checkup throughout your treatment, GOOD LUCK"

anonymous 258 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016