User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 435 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 14 and I am beginning year 10. over summer break I decided from years of acne and expensive spot products I wanted to make a change to my confidence by taking accutane I'm only just finishing the 1st month of the drug and I was expecting fast working treatment but don't be disappointed if it doesn't work in the first few weeks because mine didn't. I get painful spots across my chin and on my back and chest, and I wouldn't go out the house without a face full of foundation or a top that covers my chest and back. Since I have been taking the drug I have noticed the redness on my chin has calmed down. And the spots on my back are practically gone! I hope this helps :)"

xemzox22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have been battling acne since I was 17. Oily skin, cysts on a monthly basis, black heads, etc. I never had "pizza face" but my acne has been very persistent for years. I am now 27, and after trying tons of topical creams and oral antibiotic I asked for accutane. In 2 weeks I will be at my 3 month mark. Wow what a difference. My skin is softer, blackheads are almost all gone, and for the most part my skin is clear, and haven't had a cyst in a few weeks. I am still getting very mild breakouts, but nothing compared to before. I am so excited to see the final result end of this year. So far side effects are mild chap lips, joint aches, and dry nose with bloody bugers. My skin is not that dry, but I was also very oily before."

HGrace August 24, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I just started accutane two weeks ago 10mg a day and this is a miracle in a pill !! I had large painful inflamed acne along my jawline. After the first day the inflammation was GONE! The second day my acne basically fell out of my pores. I do experience dry lips , itchy skin, dry eyes, and hair loss but its worth it . Also it is giving my skin a chance to heal and I don't know why but some report SCARRING but for me it made my scars and even stretch marks deminish. I think I the perfect ccandidate for the drug. If one has inflammatory acne this is the drug to take ."

Celeste Douglas (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've been on amnesteem or "accutane" for 3 1/2 months now I am now going into my senior year of high school and couldn't be happier about my skin. ive been struggling with bad acne for almost five years until now. I tried everything to help my acne and some things worked but my acne always returned. My only side effects are dry lips I'm on 40 and 80mg every other day. My face is so smooth and after the second month didn't have any breakouts. I also used to break out on my chest a lot but not anymore. I also haven't noticed any changes in mood. I was iffy about trying this but happy I talked to my dr and gave it a try Hope after I'm off the drug acne doesn't return, best luck to all struggling with acne I feel your pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am using this medicine since June 2015 and it's really helped to clear my face, this medicine has been the last choice after using many other solutions for acne but none of them solved my problem . I was afraid to take Accutane because of it's side effects but it dose worth to take it ."

Sam.Sh83 August 15, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Please take time to read this. Accutane was 100% effective for me but you really have to be prepared for it. I took Accutane for 8 months- 40mg then 20mg then 10mg. The reason I am mentioning this is that I noticed that people start at very high doses. So if you are worried (and I recommend), take it slow and start at a lower dose. Accutane has a lot of side effects (the severity depends on numerous factors including dosage). My side effects included mood swings and dry skin (especially lips). I used to cry on the smallest things ever and I got sad very easily. It got better with time but please be well-prepared. You really have to make priorities and ask yourself if it is worth it and if you are able to handle it. I chose Accutane :)"

Accutane. August 13, 2015

For Acne: "I begin taking isotretinoin in April, expecting a 5 month course. I stopped taking it a little after the 4 month because I felt I couldn't handle the side affects anymore. Overall, one month in, I began to see improvement. My acne, redness and inflammaton ceased. I would have an occasional hormonal breakout, but as long as I left them alone, they lasted only two-three days max. The dryness on my face, arms, eyes, nose and ESPECIALLY lips was a nuisance but I learned tricks here and there to deal with it. Other side affects I experienced was slight hallucinations, always being tired, easily angered, joint pain, easily bruising, blurred vision and stomach discomfort. After these I decided it was time to stop. But I felt it was worth it!"

CelesteD August 12, 2015

For Acne: "I usually never write reviews. But Accutane changed my life. I have been battling acne since I was teenager. Initially tetracyclines and creams used to help but eventually seemed like my body got used to it and breakouts would come back. I never had a problem with my face but my back was a disaster! I have tried everything (doxycycline, minocycline, Bactrim, Atralin, Acanya) and some that I dont even remember. After months/years of treatment my doctor told me that we tried everything out there. I almost gave up. I moved and found new dermatologist. After receiving my health record and seeing how long I have been trying to get rid of acne she suggested Accutane. YES it does take time for it to work. I was on it for 6months but after first month I could see results. What is 6months compare to years of trying to get rid of it? IT worked so great that I couldn't believe. I didnt have a single pimple on my back. That was almost 2 years ago and since them never came back. My doctor said that she sees a patter of acne coming back in 5 or 10 years. As for side effect. It does dry you out. I loved that I didn't need to wash my oily hair every day but also my eyes were very dry (had to apply eye drops) to the point that I could not drive at night because of fatigue. But 6 months was totally worth. WIll do it again if acne ever comes back."

Mili123 August 12, 2015

For Acne: "I'm on the 2nd month if taking roacutane. At first two weeks it was a bit hard to tolerate it's side effects, especially dry lips and skin but by using special shampoo and face creams for moisturizing them I could reduce most of of its undesirable side effects. Also some other complimentary healing such as anti acne gels , putting on sun tan and changing my diet could increase the fluency of accurate. Now my face is clear and bright , all of my friend assuming I have done a facial surgery. A great thanks to Roche.Iran-tehran"

Amir sedghi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2015

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Had horrible cystic chin acne for 14 years and finally decided to take Accutane in my late twenties when everything else on the market failed. Completed 5 months of treatment about 1 month ago and my skin is like it belongs to someone else. Not only do I not have breakouts, but my pores are smaller and there is no swelling. I did have some joint pain and chapped lips, but very small price to pAy for such dramatic results. I wish I took it earlier in life."

mkg1677 August 4, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I used Accutane when I was 12. It worked perfectly. It worth every penny even considering the price is kind of high. I'm now 30 and I have to do it again.... yeah, acne can be a real pain in the butt but in a couple of months, it will be over."

Doumbet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have struggled with acne for years now, and after going through many different topical creams and cleansers, my derm finally prescribed me this pill. It really helped clear up my acne, but a month after I stopped using it, my acne came back . Albeit the acne was much less and just a little whitehead here and there but it was still disappointing. I had a lot of negative side effects while using including: increased redness in the face, increased sensitivity to sun, rashes on arms and hands and dryness of lips and skin. Overall, it got rid of most of my acne which was a godsend, but the side effects were nasty and I still have little whiteheads here and there. But my self confidence sky rocketed and I feel much better after taking it."

KrickettNM July 30, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am starting my second month on Accutane. I did a lot of research before, and watched tons of YouTube videos and searched for the products I needed before going on this. As a woman, you have to do extra steps, like blood draws and pregnancy tests, but it is all wroth it, to me. My skin looks amazing. I don't need hardly any makeup. I have minimal side effects: of course my lips are dry as hell, but if you stay on top of this from the very beginning and never let them start cracking, you should be good. I am on 60 mg per day. I use lanolin and Bite Beauty Agave lip mask for my lips and these are amazing. Best staying power out of the many things I've tried. Also, I have hard stools :( (TMI, sorry). But other than that I am very happy!"

thobr26 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have struggle with acne since 7th grade and my acne has always been my biggest insecurity. I am now 20 years old and have been on different medications, used different topical creams, and every moisturizer and face wash out there. My doctor finally prescribed me accutane and it is a miracle pill. The only side effect I experience was dry lips but it was worth it because my acne is gone. I would recommend this to anyone because it works and I have never been so confident"

PKELLS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2015

For Acne: "My acne erupted at 23 with moderate cystic acne. I took many topical and antibiotics for 2.5 years and experienced little impact on my facial acne and developed gut issues from antibiotic use. Anyway, I've been on clarvis for nearly 2 months now, first 80mg (dry skin, lips, severe joint pain and fatigue) dermatologist reduced to 60mg daily for second month (dry lips, slight joint pain, conjunctivitis in both eyes). I have had a noticeable slowing in my acne lesions although the pitted scarring seems to be here for good. I look forward to the 6 month result and plan to stick with it! Make sure you take care of your eyes with artificial tears daily, my double eye infection is still healing after 3 weeks. Good luck you guys!!"

Sunny008 July 17, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I want to start off by saying, this is a miracle pill. I've suffered from acne since I have been in 7th grade (12yrs). I remember running into bathroom stalls to powder my face. Only hoping one day i would pass the "puberty" phase. However, here I was 19 graduating high school with worse acne. After years of treatment such as tropicals & numerous antibiotics I decided to take on accutane. Two months into accutane, I am leaving my house with JUST BBCream. No concealer, no powder NOTHING. I wake up & look into the mirror & feel like crying from happiness. It's been two month & I have another 3 to go. My journey has only begun and I can't believe these results. Only con is the chapped/dry lips. If you ask me it's all worth it"

19 yr old Female July 15, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "This drug is magical - a cure all! I'm 25 and have dealt with acne of varying degrees since I was 11 (trying pretty much every medication/scrub/wash/cream/etc out there) and for the first time in my life after 7 months of treatment I no longer experience breakouts and can genuinely feel good about myself without wearing makeup in public. I experienced zero negative side-effects and strongly recommend!"

Anonymous July 13, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My experience with accutane is life changing my story will literally change lives for the simple fact that I am a kid that lived the same nightmare each and every high school kid has experienced at least once in there life and the fact that I can share what I did and that it could help millions of people is heartwarming I wish I could post pictures because this story just doesn't do it justice"

Noah07 July 12, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "For years I dealt with acne on my face, chest, and back.. I was so insecure, I hated taking close up pictures, I hated wearing clothes that showed my back or chest. It just sucked. My dermatologist prescribed me to Accutane and within two weeks I seen a major difference. I will say, it gets worse before it gets better because it brings all your bumps to a head. But once your pores are dried out, your bumps will be gone. My lips got really dry fast so I had to apply chapstick constantly throughout my day. That was two years ago, i get a bump every now and then like normal people. But my skin is clear. Accutane changed my life :)"

I Beat Acne (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane has saved my life. My acne surfaced around 22 years old and from then on I've tried every salicylic and benzol product, retin-a and every other topical product from the dermatologist, and oral antibiotic known to mankind and nothing worked. I started accutane, now just starting month 4, and I have NO pimples! Only minimal scarring, but who cares as long as I don't have disgusting bumps and whiteheads all over my face! If you can get over the crazy dryness and chapped lips 24/7 you will be good. No joke I used to be able to count anywhere from 10-20 pimples on my face, now I am clear!!!! I'm so scared because I need to stop accutane a month early and pray my acne doesn't come back:("

Kaylaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

For Acne: "I was on a 16 week course with 30mg/day the first month & then 50mg/day the remainder of the time. At first it got a lot better, then it got a lot worse - which is to be expected. It took so long as to the 14th week to really see a big change and now I've just finished the full 16 weeks and my skin is better than ever. There are still some spots that need to be healed but other than that I'm amazed. My doctor explained to me that the medication keeps working in your body for 8 weeks after you've stopped taking the pills & when you're on them some people's skin is so sensitive it's like glass & therefore for some people the pills really work its wonders after you've stopped them. So DON'T give up. Also, Aquaphor is lifesaver for dry lips."

Ebba13 June 25, 2015

For Acne: "Since 11 years old I have had mild acne that would flare up pretty bad at times - mainly around my mouth, chin and forehead with break outs on chest and back. Now aged 26 I have been on accutane for nearly two months now.(30mg for 1st month and then 60mg for the 2nd) After the first month my acne had pretty much cleared and now after the 2nd my skin is looking great. The side effects have been minimal, I have had dry lips and I haven't been able to go to the gym as much. Apart from that I have been good all round! I take the medication with an oily fish lunch and glass of milk everyday - which I think helps reduce the side effects. I would highly recommend, this is the first time I have had clear skin in around 15 years!!"

sarahslc (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I would most definitely reccomend Accutane! the stuff is brilliant!!! i am 18 and have experienced bad skin for almost 2 years, i was constantly paranoid and unhappy and now i wake up instantly in a good mood, the side effects can be quite painful as i had very dry lips and dry patches all over my arms but they are only temporary and defo worth it!"

Anonymous June 9, 2015

For Acne: "I always had good skin growing up, but began developing cystic acne when I was 20. My doctor gave me an 80mg Solodyn prescription, and I took the medicine for 6 months. The Solodyn worked a bit, but my acne continued to mark my face. I had a lowered confidence and didn't even like looking at myself in the mirror. Then, I started taking 2 x 40mg Accutane a day for 6 months. Months 1-2 really didn't show any change. However, by the end of month four, I was almost completely eradicated of my acne. By the end of Month 6, my skin was completely clear. I have now been off the medicine for a month and haven't felt so good about myself since the acne began a year and a half ago. If you are considering Accutane, do it. Benefits outweigh side effects."

MDJAKDCN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Acne: "I have suffered with acne on my back and chest area for around 14 years. I have been on numerous antibiotics, including trimethoprim (which I had an allergic reaction to). I was on the pill from aged 17-27. Now I am 28 and still suffering severe cystic 'backny'. After many tablets, ointments, creams, solutions and treatments, my dermatologist decided to start me on 20mg per day. I will be on 20mg for one month, at which point, I will increase to 40mg every other day. Results: I have been on isotretinoin for 10 days. I saw positive results after two days. My chest is clear of all spots. There is one cyst on the mend. My back is showing signs of clearing but very slowly. So far, I am happy. I will post again in a month or so. :)"

SabrinaO June 6, 2015