User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Rosacea 8 reviews 101 medications

8.4
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 550 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Omg I love accutane. Best think that ever happened to me. I have 2 months left of this medication and I don't want it to end. Right now my face looks so perfect and flawless occasionally a zit or two nothing major at all! I'm so sad that I won't be on it and that my acne will come back! I didn't have awful acne before 1-10 it was like a 4 or 5 (10 being the worst) but I suffered from AWFUL black heads. No any more my nose looks perfect. I did get huge cystic acne as soon as I started the medication and I had almost every side effect from 20 nose bleeds a day to chap lips to my hair literally coming out in HUGE chunks and extreme joint pain. But it was so so so worth it"

Kjbr (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "When I turned 30 my acne became much more cystic and spread to my neck, chest, and back. My bacne was so bad it hurt to take a shower. Within 3 weeks of starting Claravis (30mg daily), I started to experience dry skin and lips. Over the months, I developed rashes on my hands and arms due to dry skin. I had several nose bleeds and dry eyes, but was able to remedy all the dryness with lip balm, saline solution, and various lotions/moisturizers. I also became thirsty all the time, but this began to subside going into my 4th month. The dryness was a very small price to pay for the AMAZING results. My face, neck, chest, and back are almost 100% CLEAR!!! I didn't have any other side effects and my ONLY regret is not taking this medication sooner!"

Megamocha22 May 23, 2016

For Acne: "Let me first start by saying I was supposed to take this medication long before my Acne got worse.. I had cystic acne that would stay on my face and back for months on end. I literally had zero self-esteem and felt so ugly and that everyone was staring at my huge pimples. Even when I put make up on it wouldn't cover up it would make it worse because it looks like mountains. To make a long story short, The treatment was difficult only because the chapped lips and getting bloodwork every month sucks and it took a while for the results to show. Honestly, I didn't see it working at all until the last month of treatment and then after a month I was off of it. If I would've done it sooner I would've been better off. It was a lot of money"

Whirlingderv May 12, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've already commented before I just wanted everyone to know I'm off roacutane now. It's been just over a month and having my final check up soon. So happy with the results honestly. I feel so much more confident and happy it was worth every side effect. for the first time in 8 years(I'm 18) I now can go out of the house without makeup on. And I'm not exaggerating. I'm so happy and I honestly think anyone with bad skin should try this honestly it's so worth it"

Tannnnn May 11, 2016

For Acne: "Jnto my second month of Roaccutane. I started on 40mg for the first month. My side effects were low to being with. My lower back ached for about 5 days and then went away, I have mild dry skin throughout the whole first month. The things that I found hard in the first month was the 4/5 nose bleeds a day, extremely dry eyes and the worst breakout I have ever experienced. I went to see my derm two days ago and she increased my dose to 60mg perday. I am now on the second day of 60mg and I haven't really noticed any difference yet, but I'm not expecting to for about a week. I woke up today with probably less new spots than I have been, but the worst part for me is the rally bad clusters of acne right next to either side of my mouth"

Amber1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have have had mild/persistent acne for about 6 years now (I'm 22) and have tried several treatments. The most effective was doryx which I was on for nearly 6 months, it cleared my skin up completely. However, that clear skin only lasted few months, and by the end of the treatment my acne was flaring up again. That is when my dermatologist prescribed me accutane. I was assured there would be no new flare ups because my acne was mild. However, I am on day 12 now and I can say my skin was clearer when I started accutane than it is now. On top of that I am experiencing very dry skin and chapped/cracked lips. I am going to stick the full treatment out, but just a warning that more likely than not you will break out before it gets better."

sean o May 10, 2016

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started Claravis 4 months ago and it was a terrible start, I experienced a very rough purge process and my acne continued for a while. Around the 3 1/2 month period my acne magically stopped though. Haven't broken out in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately my face is covered in red marks left over from the acne but my dermatologist is prescribing a retanoid my next month (my last) to treat those quickly. Very good treatment but takes a while. 3 1/2 months in my case."

Thomas16 May 9, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 24 and have had med. level acne on my face for many years, and more recently on my shoulders. I started Accutane March 2016 at 20mg. Apr 30mg and next week -May 40mg. Symptoms in March; chapped lips, dry face, body aches, blurry vision, new oil pimples. April- My symptoms changed to; eyes sensitive to sunlight, heart burn with greasy foods, body aches, dryness, dry hair/split ends/thinner hair, and my skin has a slower healing process now so any pimples I have touched will stay for weeks. Also, I have noticed that on the days I do drink one gallon of water or more my symptoms go away. I also eat healthy and I try to take daily vitamins. Choose a reputable derm!"

Alex305 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Acne: "Well if I could I would rate this medicine a 0 I would. This has been the single worst experience of my life. I have been on accutane for 6 months and my skin still sucks. I break out everyday and the side effects are not fun.The most disheartening thing about this whole experience was the promise from my dermatologist that this medicine would work. My skin is red and super dry. My lips peel and are extremely chapped. My eyes hurt, I can't drink, I sunburn in 2 minutes and it's just an overall miserable medication to be on. I was on 120mg my last month and it still didn't clear me. I hate this drug and I genuinely feel like I completely wasted the past 6 months of my life"

Kevin13222 April 23, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am a 40 year old male who has been subject to moderate acne my entire life starting at age 13. It has never been debilitating but it has caused certain self esteem issues (rather it has exacerbated self esteem issues). In an effort to make this as concise as possible, 99% of all that is on the internet will all the "bad stuff" written about this drugs are NOT true. Although my experience is one case, my case is a solid and reliable example of the true effects of Amnesteem / Accutane. The biggest issue with this drug are the insurance companies and the constant monthly battles to get them to cover it. Remember folks, having insurance is not the same this as having access to proper care and insurance coverage. BEST DRUG EVER!"

parchoda111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Rosacea: "I am man and I have rosacea from 13 years. today 19 years Dr to try me accutane 20 mg 4 times a week and my rosacea to improved. I took 4 months of treatment and will be updating as I will going ."

Andres Rangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My daughter was 15 at the time and was given Oratane. Certainly it worked temporarily for the acne but as a result of this horrible drug she developed irritable bowel syndrome. It has been a year off it and things have NOT returned to normal. She was referred to the hospital and the specialist told us that recent research shows that this drug can cause perforation of the bowel."

Terri Monroe April 19, 2016

For Rosacea: "I have been on accutane for five months and have not seen a single improvement in my skin. I just finished the last of my pills and I am highly disappointed. I still have red splotches all over my face and my face, neck, and chest get red very fast and very easily. Which I want to mention did not start to happen until AFTER I got on the medicine. It has made my skin so sensitive never like before. I hated this entire journey because the dermatologist filled my mind with false hopes saying this was a miracle drug and my cure all. I do not recommend anyone taking this. It's a complete waste of money and time."

Pissed tf off April 17, 2016

For Acne: "Isotretinoin saved my life, literally. I already gave up on life, I had severe acne for 5 years, Up to 15 cysts at my face at one time i couldnt leave the house. I changed my diet went on years of antibiotics it did nothing. Finally went on Oratane, 10mg. Within 2 days, i touched my nose area and it was no longer oily. Face improved by 70% in 30 days and now, on the 45th day I am 100% clear for the first time. Thank you."

S.B (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My son has severe acne from his Crohn's drugs and now he wants to take Accutane - I see it as a death sentence of sorts, but I can understand what he is going through at just 13 years old. Has anyone tried Accutane when they are already wrestling with Crohn's? His Crohn's is in remission and he is using Humira every two weeks now. We suspect Prednisone as the initial cause of his acne."

veryworrieddad April 15, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "April 1st, 2016 I finally decided to declare war against acne & visit a dermatologist to formulate an attack plan. I've had periods within my life where my skin would clear up with over the counter treatments but as an Bi-racial/African American woman I found that All skin types did not refer to "my skin type". I found that my skin loved the Winter and Fall while the rest of me loved Spring and Summer. Within a short 2 weeks I've seen drastic changes in my skin from the luster to the minimum break outs that I would normally see this time of year. I have noticed moderate dry peeling patches that a little moisturizer hasn't eliminated & more wind burned type chapped lips but would definitely recommend Amnesteem to my fellow mature women!"

40 years old and soo over acne (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

Absorica (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My son who has tried almost every available expensive medication from retin-a to antibiotics with not much success finally the dermatologist said we were out of options and Absorbica would be the answer and he was right after 5 months of terribly cracked lips, dry skin and a fair amount of muscle pain the results are beyond amazing while it wasn't a complete no acne ever kind of result it he does get an occasional breakout but it's one or two pimples they are very small and disappear rapidly. Regardless of the expense it was well worth the results."

Blumom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I read the Accutane horror stories, so I turned down my dermatologists suggestion of it. After 4 more years (25 now), the cystic acne has just been getting worse and worse. It was seriously impacting my life. I just finished a month ago doing a 5 month 60mg/day treatment and my skin is flawless. I cannot believe it. I actually have better skin than people who I once thought had beautiful perfect skin. I experienced some joint pain the first month and dry lips the entire time, but I started seeing reductions in acne by month 2 and had no new cysts by month 4. There are still a few that are healing (yes, I would get some cysts that take 6-8 months to heal). I would highly recommend this. I have so much of my life back not worrying about skin."

JustDoItAlready (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 49 years old & my skin NEVER broke out during puberty. When I was in my mid 30's, it hit me slowly and then real bad about 3 years ago. At first, antibiotics & Spirnolactone worked fine, then last year my body stopped responding to that treatment. That is when I started on Amnesteem. Aside from the initial pain in the neck of filing with the Federal Government to ensure I wouldn't get pregnant, I was excited to try it. The first month, my skin got really oily & broke out more, but my doctor said that happens. I am on my 5th month of treatment now, and my skin is almost clear. My only complaint is joint pain - I feel like I am 30 years older than I really am & I eat Tylenol like candy, yet I am told that will also subside."

Shommy April 10, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on accutane for a little over 6 months. I started at 30mgs/day, but became suicidal and had severe joint pain so my doc dropped me to 20mgs/day. I was able to handle the dryness and sun sensitivity. Ultimately I stopped taking it early because it dried out my lungs and (although I can't prove it) I believe my new diagnosis of asthma is due to the accutane. I suffered from horrible chest pain for over a month before figuring out it was the accutane. Once I stopped, the chest pain went away, but the asthma has not gone away. It did completely clear up my skin, but I don't know if it was worth it. I've been off for 3 months now and I have a little acne again, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was before."

tilnih (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "At the age of 25, I had severe hormonal acne appearing under my chin and on my jawline, deep black heads, scarring, super oil face and hair before taking Accutane. This medication is totally worth it! I've tried so many OTC medications, prescribed so many creams and oral pills, chemical peels, dieting, Proactive, etc. Nothing worked! I used to have horrible skin in high school as well and it cleared up for a few years then the acne came back. I went to my dermatologist and she recommend Accutane for 5 months. The first two months I had the initial break out and it sucked but I knew it would get worse before it got better. My face was pretty clear by the third month. By the fourth month I only had little scars and now I'm acne free!"

lee337 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Acne: "When I was 13 years old, I started to develop severe acne. From 13 to 15 I tried many medications over and under the counter, but nothing seemed to have much effect if any at all. Finally, I was referred to a dermatologist who prescribed me Accutane for 3 months. My brother (a year older than me) was going through the same thing & was also prescribed Accutane, but for 5 months. We both experienced ineffably dry lips (like a desert) and our skin improved immensely. By month 2, I had very good results and only dry lips as a side effect. I'm now 24 & today I have about 5% of what I used to have, but I'm getting on Accutane again to get rid of it once & for all. Overall, Accutane was great for me & my brother & I'm very happy with the results."

Nikita C (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane is the king of acne treatments. I took this medicine about 3 weeks ago. I don't know why does my body react so fast with this medicine. My face now is 80% clear, and I feel so much more confident. I recommend that asking your der for this drug, it' amazing guys."

Toya1995 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've been on this medication for a week and I know what your thinking skip this review but DON'T!!!! I've always had bad acne and while I've already seen it improve my acne (I turn 25 next month) the side effects are NOT worth it. It's made me experience suicidal ideation off and on since beginning it, it's made me paranoid about a lot of things and people, I've been so nauseous constantly that I've already lost three pounds, my appetite is so suppressed that I can't even force myself to eat three times a day. I've been having intense anger outburst which is not like me AT ALL. This is me after six days on 40mg. I love that it's clearing my face but I can not justify a medication that makes me want to kill myself. This has been a terrible!"

Emilyyyyyyy April 2, 2016

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "don't risk it, it's not worth losing yourself in the process of clearing your acne."

Accutane survivour April 1, 2016