User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 408 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am in my 5th month with this medicine and my face is flawless and I love it-but it did come at a cost. My side effects are bad - I have horrible joint pain, temper/anger issues, dry skin on my nose, chapped lips constantly and patches of dry skin all over my body... The pain in my body is my biggest complaint- somedays I can barely move, my feet and my back hurt the most with the 80mg dosage and my ability to control my temper pretty much goes out the window...but I know I'm almost done, so I don't want to change a thing. But overall, my face cleared up on my 4th month and that's all I wanted. I'm so happy on how clear it is- but I will be even happier to not be in so much pain."

Lady10101 May 18, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on accutane treatment for 3 months, and finally after 2 years experience trying, depression of humiliation , disappointment and despair , it finally worked out.. My skin is flawless. I'm over the moon. My friends , they noticed it and it was kinda funny cause nobody ever talk about my acne to me. Sadly, it only last for 4 months before my cystic acne come out again which was worse than before. I want to start on accutane again but I was too afraid of the side effects. Then , I found out about COD liver oil. It is basically a natural source of Vitamin A and D unlike in accutane. Now, after 1 months , my cystic acne finally cleared up! Now there's only scars. I'm telling you guys , this stuff is miracle. You should really consider it"

stargirl1994 May 8, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "If anyone were to ask me what's the best way to get rid of acne, I would say accutane. Granted every person/ skin type is different so results vary for every individual, but accutane has been a wonder drug for me. From age 12-18 I had struggled with acne and had been prescribed many ointments, creams, and different brands of "the pill", I purchased off the counter brands, performed home remedies, and nothing had work. If you have had many failed attempts of curing your acne, I highly suggest to go to your dermatologist and personally ask to be put on accutane. I promise it will make you want to enjoy and embrace life instead of constantly knowing the patterns on floors and never knowing the colors of your classmates eyes."

Hulers (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "The side-effects suck. I would get a bloody nose at least 5 times a day, my lips would peel and get blisters, and my arms would get rashes. But it was all worth it. Accutane is amazing. I am so thankful for it. I had acne for 6 years and I tried everything you could imagine to try and clear my face up. Now after 4 long months, I am just now taking my last pill. I go to the mirror and I don't see a pimple, scar, or even a red mark on my face. my self-esteem has improved so much. I would definitely recommend it."

Randy J (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started getting spots when I was about 12 and it was pretty bad acne by around 15. I went on the pill and probably every type of antibiotic which each worked but only for a limited time. At 23 I realised the only thing left was accutane. NHS was slow so I went private (1 appointment - £120) and the dermatologist prescribed me 4 months of 40 mg/day (I only weigh around 100 pounds). Best thing I ever did. Only side effects I noticed were dry lips - I recommend aquaphor - and dry inside of my nose. 100% worth it and my skin is amazing and spot free now! I've just come off the medication so fingers crossed it lasts a long time. Very happy, I definitely recommend."

BbBianca April 25, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "On my third month of using Accutane I must say it definitely works but the lower back & side pain is getting out of hand it's depressing because I've dealt with acne most of my life & have used everything under the sun ,but the one thing that works I can't use ...I highly recommend it but be careful with the side affects"

bumpy Johnson April 20, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "If you have acne, Accutane is the holy grail. I had mild-moderate acne in high school. I took it for six weeks. It sucked my skin dry as a bone, but after that, my skin looked pristine. With the exception of an occasional stray pimple, I have not had a breakout in 15 years. There is no point in trying anything else."

l-jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Yesterday, my dental hygienist asked me how I got my skin so clear. I almost cried because no one has ever complimented me on my skin before. My skin was the source of a great deal of unhappiness, anxiety, and stress in my life prior to Accutane. Thank you, Accutane, for giving me back my confidence and life. As for side effects: very minimal. No changes in mood. Biggest pain in the butt was iPledge and monthly tests. I'm a very busy person, so finding the time to run out of work in the middle of the day was difficult. But so worth it. Don't focus on all the negative stories!! I wish I would have ignored the naysayers and gone on this drug years ago! Good luck :)"

Smiley2345 April 8, 2015

For Acne: "I was a 36 year old who had been suffering with acne since age 14. I tried every medication you could imagine and was told I would outgrow it. I can honestly say I was thinking of suicide when I begged my Dr to try accutane and told him my feelings. It was the beginning of my new life, and now 10 yrs later I do STILL get a pimple once in awhile. I now have "old age" acne I'm told. I would tell anyone out there , don't go through yrs of agony when the answer is right there!"

Adult Acne April 8, 2015

For Acne: "When I started accutane 5 months ago, I knew everything about it from blogs, reviews, forums, etc. However, nothing prepared me for my initial breakout. It was wretched and I basically looked like complete rubbish for 2 months. Despite this, I knew the effectiveness of accutane and was willing to take the bad breakout, drying skin and everything else that came with it. During accutane, my skin had ups and downs but now, by the fifth month, I have NO active acne. There is some discoloration from my initial breakout and that will probably take months to go away but I seriously cannot complain. If any of you are struggling with a severe initial breakout on accutane. STICK WITH IT and HANG IN THERE. It'll get better if you let it."

luisag7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "We are disappointed. My 14 year old son has taken 40 mg 1x/day for 18 days and his skin is worse than ever. He seems more moody than normal and his lips are super chapped (I feel like the chapped-lip police with my chapstick in hand). We really hoped for results of any kind with his cystic acne. We are going to try a higher dose after he gets the blood test in a week or so. He is discouraged. The cost of the higher dosage is almost prohibitive. Our insurance doesn't cover meds because we have a high deductible but we feel that clearing up his acne is important for his self esteem. It seems criminal to charge so much for meds."

TSli April 6, 2015

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am now in my 10th week on Amnesteem & my face is smoother than a baby's bottom! I feel great. Super dry all over but it's worth it!!!"

Feeling more confident (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2015

For Acne: "I have struggled with acne since I was about 10 years old (currently 21 years old) I have seen my dermatologist for several years and have been on every medication you could think of before being prescribed isotretinoin. The major side effects worried me before taking it, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I was on the medication for about 5 months. It worked wonders and the only side effect I experienced was extreme dry skin and eyes. My face remained clear for only about 3 months after I was off the medicine. I knew it was too good to be true. I currently have been battling some acne that I had before isotretinoin. I visited my doctor this past week and he put me on an antibiotic. If this doesn't improve he will be putting me back on."

D.Dennis March 31, 2015

For Acne: "I went on roaccutane at the young age of 15. I'm now coming up 24. I can only remember the peeling hands and face at that age. But two weeks in im noticing the changes fast. My face is peeling and very sensitive. My depression (I'm a sufferer anyway) has got severely worse. My advice for anyone wanting these tablets is, you can do as much research as you can, but it's different every time for every person. Yet the end result is always immaculate. 6 months of dry skin and low moods doesn't compare to the life time of spending hours trying to cover your acne. Consider the side effects but don't forget the results. I'll keep you all posted on how my journey gets on"

Nomorespots (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've been on accutane 3 months now. I've had persistent acne since I was in middle school and nothing has worked besides this. Right now I'll get occasional acne but it's clear for the most part. My whole body has gotten dry because of it and is often very uncomfortable. But the worst side effect are these mood swings and depression accutane has caused me. It has really effected my relationship and I cannot help it. I'm on 40 mg but it was worse when I was on 60. Even though this is a difficult side effect, I am amazed at how clear my face is so far."

Kmc01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "It is incredible. It really makes a difference to your skin. Yes it gets worse before it gets better, but once you get past the painful stage of breakouts, all you see week by week is improvement! I highly recommend it to those with severe acne. Before you know it, your skin will be perfect!"

Ashxox March 10, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I am 17 years old. Since I was 10 years old I have had mild acne. I used to cry to my mom before school at least two times a week because of my acne. I would stay home on weekends instead of going out with my friends because I was ashamed of my skin. I tried every pill and cream out there. Literally. Right now I am on my last month of accutane. It is still clearing up a bit but it is almost all the way clear. My skin was very dry in the beginning but then I started taking vitamin E and I got a dehumidifier for next to my bed which both helped a lot. My lips also got very chapped and dry but I put aquaphor on to help it. My mouth was more dry than usual but nothing severe. It changed my life and I'm so happy that I started taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

For Acne: "I've had severe acne for 8 years and have tried lots of doctoring. Been on prescribed pills that help only while I take them. I'm on my forth month of Accutane and I have almost NO cysts forming.. only scars healing! Definitely worth the extreme dry side effects I've been having."

definitely worth it! March 4, 2015

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "One of the best things for my acne! Cleared it up entirely"

SpAro (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've been using it for 8 weeks now and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I still get a few cystic acne (my dermatologist says its normal as Accutane is working to push out all hidden blackheads under the skin) but no new whiteheads or blackheads. Skin is also much less oily. I take about 40mg a day."

scarred pus face February 22, 2015

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I'm 18 and have severe acne all over my back- at least, I did. 4 days after starting Amnesteem my acne was almost all gone. 2 weeks into the treatment and I don't have a single pimple or blackhead. The side effects are taking their toll, however. Red burned face from getting sunlight for over 2 minutes. Dry flaky face. Dry bleeding lips. Good news is that my doctor said I am responding so well that instead of 5 months, I may only need 2-3 months."

Biomedical Levi (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "In Junior High all of a sudden my face just erupted in acne. You could tell people were staring. I hated looking in the mirror. It's remarkable how fast all the acne disappeared. This medication was a real life saver. My dad didn't have access to this medicine and from 12-25 he was absolutely covered in acne. So grateful I have this stuff Side effects to note: VERY dry lips Dry skin Back pain"

Nate775 February 16, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "After suffering from persistent acne for 7 years I asked my gp to refer me to dermatology (after trying everything from my docs). I first went in Oct 2014 and was put on doxycycline. Not sure why as I already tried this from my Gp but the dermatologist was adamant not to put me on roaccutane as I have suffered with depression for years! Had my review 2 week ago and I seen a new dermatologist as the previous one had left (thank god!) she wanted to put me on roaccutane with no hesitations. Had my blood test done 20 minutes later then picked my prescription up the next day :) soooo happy already! I'm already seeing results and I'm just about going into my second week. My face is so much clearer. I would recommend this treatment up to now x"

Sam x (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Best decision I have ever made .. Previously I used to sit in my house because I was to ashamed to go out but Accutane changed my life for the better."

hsat February 1, 2015

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started taking this medication about four years ago, stopped maybe two or three years ago. Great success, my acne vanished and I have only had acne one time since, when I accidentally used moisturizer on my face. Only side effect I had was dry skin (mostly just chapped lips), which is to be expected, but it is pretty much back to normal now."

Joe2345543 January 31, 2015