Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 393 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Review by BbBianca:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I started getting spots when I was about 12 and it was pretty bad acne by around 15. I went on the pill and probably every type of antibiotic which each worked but only for a limited time. At 23 I realised the only thing left was accutane. NHS was slow so I went private (1 appointment - £120) and the dermatologist prescribed me 4 months of 40 mg/day (I only weigh around 100 pounds). Best thing I ever did. Only side effects I noticed were dry lips - I recommend aquaphor - and dry inside of my nose. 100% worth it and my skin is amazing and spot free now! I've just come off the medication so fingers crossed it lasts a long time. Very happy, I definitely recommend.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by l-jay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: If you have acne, Accutane is the holy grail. I had mild-moderate acne in high school. I took it for six weeks. It sucked my skin dry as a bone, but after that, my skin looked pristine. With the exception of an occasional stray pimple, I have not had a breakout in 15 years. There is no point in trying anything else.

April 19, 2015 9:47 PM

Review by Feeling more confident (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amnesteem (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am now in my 10th week on Amnesteem & my face is smoother than a baby's bottom! I feel great. Super dry all over but it's worth it!!!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 5:54 PM

Review by Ashxox:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: It is incredible. It really makes a difference to your skin. Yes it gets worse before it gets better, but once you get past the painful stage of breakouts, all you see week by week is improvement! I highly recommend it to those with severe acne. Before you know it, your skin will be perfect!

March 10, 2015 1:20 AM

Review by definitely worth it!:

For Acne: I've had severe acne for 8 years and have tried lots of doctoring. Been on prescribed pills that help only while I take them. I'm on my forth month of Accutane and I have almost NO cysts forming.. only scars healing! Definitely worth the extreme dry side effects I've been having.

March 4, 2015 2:11 PM

Review by SpAro (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: One of the best things for my acne! Cleared it up entirely

February 23, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by scarred pus face:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've been using it for 8 weeks now and my skin has cleared up tremendously. I still get a few cystic acne (my dermatologist says its normal as Accutane is working to push out all hidden blackheads under the skin) but no new whiteheads or blackheads. Skin is also much less oily. I take about 40mg a day.

February 22, 2015 6:54 AM

Review by Nate775:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: In Junior High all of a sudden my face just erupted in acne. You could tell people were staring. I hated looking in the mirror. It's remarkable how fast all the acne disappeared. This medication was a real life saver. My dad didn't have access to this medicine and from 12-25 he was absolutely covered in acne. So grateful I have this stuff Side effects to note: VERY dry lips Dry skin Back pain

February 16, 2015 11:10 PM

Review by hsat:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best decision I have ever made .. Previously I used to sit in my house because I was to ashamed to go out but Accutane changed my life for the better.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 5:38 AM

Review by Joe2345543:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I started taking this medication about four years ago, stopped maybe two or three years ago. Great success, my acne vanished and I have only had acne one time since, when I accidentally used moisturizer on my face. Only side effect I had was dry skin (mostly just chapped lips), which is to be expected, but it is pretty much back to normal now.

January 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I have been off this medication for 2 years now and I havent seen any acne. I look in the mirror and it surprised me how well it works

January 22, 2015 3:10 AM

Review by Floweer (taken for less than 1 month):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm on my second week of Accutane 40mg. So far no side effects or initial breakout. My lips are dryer but easily fixable with Chapstick. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer as well. I've had extremely minor pimples appear and then go away immediately and no scarring. So far it's been great and hopefully continues to do so!

January 14, 2015 12:26 PM

Review by Court1111:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am a nineteen year old female who has suffered with mild acne since I was about 10. I tried every cream, pill, and face wash you can imagine throughout the years and nothing completely got rid of my acne. When I was 18 my doctor recommended I try Accutane. I did a 6 month course of 10 mg a day and I can honestly say it changed my life. I would recommend to anyone who struggles with persistent acne. Before taking Accutane acne controlled my life. I would stay home just because of bad breakouts. Now my skin is flawless and I only get the occasional pimple which I can now deal with. Yes, I was dry when I was on Accutane but the end result is SO worth the 6 months of mild dryness!

January 3, 2015 3:47 AM

Review by Bri55 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I tried literally everything from the "best" off the shelf products to the long line of prescription medications that my dermatologist put me on, I finally got put on Accutane after 5 years of severe cystic acne. I am currently in my second month of use and without any acne. My acne scars remain intact, however, there is not a single active zit on my face. I am very excited and would recommend that anyone with cystic acne look into it. If you're on here looking at these reviews because you're scared or unsure if it will treat your acne, I'm telling you it will! 100%

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 9:24 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Unreal difference. My side effects are minimum and I'm on 60 mg a day. This is one stop shopping. I had terrible acne--cysts everywhere. I'm 3 months in and it's almost completely gone.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Review by Lewis9194:

For Acne: I suffered acne for years, they put me on every medication possible and refused to let me on Accutane for years until it was last resort. I contemplated going on it but enough was enough. I was sick of spots that returned despite rubbing Benzoyl Peroxide on my face which stained anything it touched, Salicyclic Acid which burned my face and taking prescribed pills for 7 years. I took Accutane and the only side effects I got were dry skin, heavy nose bleeds and the occasional down. To keep it short it worked like magic and fixed my insecurity and confidence issues, I can now look people in the eyes when I talk and look at myself in the mirror without feeling bad. If you're thinking about it, don't hesitate. It WILL help you.

December 17, 2014 11:03 AM

Review by lindylou northern ireland:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore.

December 12, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Tracey2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I went on Accutane twice in my early 20's. It cleared my skin. I suffered from mild-moderate acne not extreme cystic acne. Afterwards everyone commented on how amazing my skin was. It's an amazing medicine. The only side effect I had was dry lips which I dealt with by buying Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Accutane has a powerful anti-ageing effect as it wipes out a lot of the photoageing you have suffered up to the point you start taking it. I am now 45 and look 10 years younger. I credit Accutane for the fact that I look so much younger than my years. It is a great medicine.

December 11, 2014 8:03 AM

Review by Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane.

December 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by joe23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Accutane saved my life, plain and simple. I've tried the facial burn and peel method, but only attained severe blistering and sunburn. Before that, I'd tried everything, and I mean everything. After I'd literally burned my face off to no prevail, I'd basically given up on trying to get rid of my acne. Sometime later (and after about 7 years of living with alternating moderate to severe acne), I had accepted that I was going to just have to live out my life with acne (my mom is still struggling with hers). But after trying Accutane, I couldn't be happier. If you have stubborn acne, you need to try this.

December 2, 2014 12:15 AM

Review by JustinSimmo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I had really bad acne and went to see a Dermatologist in July 2012. After liver function tests I was put on an increasing dose to 60mg. It did wonders and got rid of the really bad areas in 9 months. I have had a few spikes but nothing as bad and take pulse doses of 10mg three times a week.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Review by MiracleCURE!:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6.

November 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best thing I've ever done ! I started getting acne when I was 7 took Accutane when I was 11 & my entire face cleared up within 9 months longer then expected but I don't get any acne beside when I'm menstruating & their very minor. Only side effects were very dry skin & lips & mood swings I recommend it

November 21, 2014 3:02 PM

Review by JenniferLee78979:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I used Accutane about 11 years ago after trying every pill and cream and going through 4 different dermatologists. I had the usual side effect (dry everything). I went 10 years with perfect skin, not even 1 pimple. It was amazing. Over the last year my skin started getting very oily again and the breakouts were getting bad. I went back to my dermatologist where she had me try a few other medicines first and then we both decided it was back to the Accutane. I am just finishing up my first month back on the Accutane and I cannot wait to get it over with! I apply Vaseline to my lips every 20-30 minutes...I keep moisturizer on me all the time and have blood in my nose almost every morning.....but I know the end result is worth it!!

November 19, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Leila951:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: *Sebaceous Hyperplasia*, The one change I am most thrilled about is it got rid of all of my sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged oil glands) bumps within the first week! I started getting these hard bumps about 5 years ago and 26 days ago, I had about 40 of them around my hairline and some on my chin, forehead, and cheek and my chest was starting to get super bumpy, today (day 26 on Accutane) I don't have a single bump. *Acne* As far as my acne, I am definitely having a flare up and it feels like all of my blackheads are being pushed out and so my skin feels very bumpy, but as of about 5 days ago I don't have to blot anymore and I can go 3 days without washing my hair.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate