User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 381 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I have been off this medication for 2 years now and I havent seen any acne. I look in the mirror and it surprised me how well it works

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 3:10 AM

Review by Floweer (taken for less than 1 month):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm on my second week of Accutane 40mg. So far no side effects or initial breakout. My lips are dryer but easily fixable with Chapstick. I've been using jojoba oil as a moisturizer as well. I've had extremely minor pimples appear and then go away immediately and no scarring. So far it's been great and hopefully continues to do so!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 12:26 PM

Review by Bri55 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I tried literally everything from the "best" off the shelf products to the long line of prescription medications that my dermatologist put me on, I finally got put on Accutane after 5 years of severe cystic acne. I am currently in my second month of use and without any acne. My acne scars remain intact, however, there is not a single active zit on my face. I am very excited and would recommend that anyone with cystic acne look into it. If you're on here looking at these reviews because you're scared or unsure if it will treat your acne, I'm telling you it will! 100%

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 9:24 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Unreal difference. My side effects are minimum and I'm on 60 mg a day. This is one stop shopping. I had terrible acne--cysts everywhere. I'm 3 months in and it's almost completely gone.

December 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Review by Lewis9194:

For Acne: I suffered acne for years, they put me on every medication possible and refused to let me on Accutane for years until it was last resort. I contemplated going on it but enough was enough. I was sick of spots that returned despite rubbing Benzoyl Peroxide on my face which stained anything it touched, Salicyclic Acid which burned my face and taking prescribed pills for 7 years. I took Accutane and the only side effects I got were dry skin, heavy nose bleeds and the occasional down. To keep it short it worked like magic and fixed my insecurity and confidence issues, I can now look people in the eyes when I talk and look at myself in the mirror without feeling bad. If you're thinking about it, don't hesitate. It WILL help you.

December 17, 2014 11:03 AM

Review by lindylou northern ireland:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore.

December 12, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane.

December 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by joe23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Accutane saved my life, plain and simple. I've tried the facial burn and peel method, but only attained severe blistering and sunburn. Before that, I'd tried everything, and I mean everything. After I'd literally burned my face off to no prevail, I'd basically given up on trying to get rid of my acne. Sometime later (and after about 7 years of living with alternating moderate to severe acne), I had accepted that I was going to just have to live out my life with acne (my mom is still struggling with hers). But after trying Accutane, I couldn't be happier. If you have stubborn acne, you need to try this.

December 2, 2014 12:15 AM

Review by JustinSimmo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I had really bad acne and went to see a Dermatologist in July 2012. After liver function tests I was put on an increasing dose to 60mg. It did wonders and got rid of the really bad areas in 9 months. I have had a few spikes but nothing as bad and take pulse doses of 10mg three times a week.

November 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Review by MiracleCURE!:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6.

November 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best thing I've ever done ! I started getting acne when I was 7 took Accutane when I was 11 & my entire face cleared up within 9 months longer then expected but I don't get any acne beside when I'm menstruating & their very minor. Only side effects were very dry skin & lips & mood swings I recommend it

November 21, 2014 3:02 PM

Review by JenniferLee78979:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I used Accutane about 11 years ago after trying every pill and cream and going through 4 different dermatologists. I had the usual side effect (dry everything). I went 10 years with perfect skin, not even 1 pimple. It was amazing. Over the last year my skin started getting very oily again and the breakouts were getting bad. I went back to my dermatologist where she had me try a few other medicines first and then we both decided it was back to the Accutane. I am just finishing up my first month back on the Accutane and I cannot wait to get it over with! I apply Vaseline to my lips every 20-30 minutes...I keep moisturizer on me all the time and have blood in my nose almost every morning.....but I know the end result is worth it!!

November 19, 2014 1:07 PM

Review by Leila951:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: *Sebaceous Hyperplasia*, The one change I am most thrilled about is it got rid of all of my sebaceous hyperplasia (enlarged oil glands) bumps within the first week! I started getting these hard bumps about 5 years ago and 26 days ago, I had about 40 of them around my hairline and some on my chin, forehead, and cheek and my chest was starting to get super bumpy, today (day 26 on Accutane) I don't have a single bump. *Acne* As far as my acne, I am definitely having a flare up and it feels like all of my blackheads are being pushed out and so my skin feels very bumpy, but as of about 5 days ago I don't have to blot anymore and I can go 3 days without washing my hair.

November 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Review by CDH97:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I suffered severe form of acne from around 15 and after being subscribed to countless forms of antibiotics over the years (which had little or no effect), it was seriously affecting my self confidence and social life. My GP then decided to prescribe me for a 6 month course of Accutane, starting at 20mg/day. At first (months 1-2 )the improvements were small, the only effects being dry skin and lips. But then, there started to be gradual improvements from months 3-4 when I was taking 40mg/day. In months 5-6 my dosage was increased to 60 and 80mg/day respectively and the improvements were incredible. I can honestly say this medication has changed my life and would recommend it to anybody considering it!

November 7, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by EmilyMayLil:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm up to my 4th month of Accutane and overall I'm happy with it. My advice to people thinking about trying it is just give it a go! You won't know until you try it, and biggest piece of advice is to know your body's limits. If you're on a high dose and for example your lips are dry enough that its affecting your daily life, just lower your dose! Easy as that. Talk to your dermatologist and tell them how you're feeling about it and they'll be happy for you to stick to a dosage that both improves your skin and keeps the rest of your body happy.

November 2, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by Rholeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I took Accutane when I was a teenager in the 1980's...I don't remember any side effects . My acne was pretty bad and it cured it. I haven't had a problem since.

October 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by Shadall:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am a 38-year-old female who has had acne since I was 10 years old I have tried every over-the-counter medication possible for acne since 1986 to 2012 After years of constant painful acne, my doctor finally decided that my case was severe enough to qualify for this medicine called Accutane/Isotretinoin. There's a long list of side effects which may seem scary at first, my only side effect was minor dry skin which was curable with a good moisturizer. I completed my treatment in January 2013 and this is now October 2014 and I am still acne free, longest period in my life ever to not have acne. I was on this for approximately five months but I first started seeing results in a month. I haven't worn make up on my face since then.

October 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Forever struggle (taken for 10 years or more):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I loved Accutane. I have taken it twice. It seemed to work for me for 5 years each time. I got the dry skin. I used baby washcloths and Neutrogena oil free fragrance free moisturizer. After the first few weeks it got better though. Best acne medicine on the market! By far!

October 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Review by haplessacne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Hi everyone! This is my second month of taking Accutane. I am taking 40 mg doses a day, and by far I have noticed that along with my severe cystic acne, I used to have a lot of comedones (small white hard substance which if pinched comes out like a hard thread like thing) around my chin and nose area. It used to look disgusting as it gave a grainy and cactus like appearance, but thanks to isotretinoin, I am completely rid of comedones. But I still have occasional breakout and have about 8 big cysts on my face which still need to dry up. I am a big time squeezer and don't know how to stop myself from doing that. Will update after two more months. I give an 8/10 as of now. -22 yo female, India.

October 16, 2014 4:07 AM

Review by Theaora:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: 60kg female. I had cystitis acne on face and jaw. I had acne from 13 years of age. I'm 31 now. I tried everything! Then asked for Accutane. I was on 20 30 40 50 50 steroids and 60 dose. For about 7 months, as I kept having pimples (small but pimples). I had regular blood and pregnancy test each month. The steroids kicked the medicine in the butt and at 60 cleared my face completely. I was on 60 for 2 months and I knew I had no acne at all. I wanted to give up, after 5 months when I was on 50. I would have no pimples all month but when on my periods. I finished on 60. No acne then and no acne 3 months later.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 5:37 PM

Review by dandu (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sotret (isotretinoin) for Acne: Sotret was amazing medicine which changed my life. I always dream to have acne free face but it could not be possible with other medicine but after using Sotret all the acne on my face were cleared and it gained me more confidence but this medicine takes at least 6-8 months to clear up all the acne on face. I thank Sotret for making my dream come true! Just loving my acne free face.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Review by pc India (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: It's really a miracle for oily greasy face. I love it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Allysuhn:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best decision of my life! My acne since I've had in fourth grade is gone, and I feel so much happier. My confidence has increased massively and I am no longer depressed. The medicine did make me drowsy, ill-tempered, dry skin, and horrendous break outs. But, overall this medicine has worked wonders for me and is completely worth it!

October 7, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by SanthoshYAR:

For Acne: I am suffering from acne for more than 7 years. I took different medications(capsules,creams,ointments) none of them have good impact. This year June I went to a dermatologist on my friends suggestion, he prescribed Isotretinoin 20mg 1 capsule per day for 10 days in a month. Its been 4 months now, except a few breakouts acne is under control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 7:08 AM

Review by Avii4566:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: LOVE this medication. It worked wonders in my back.. I suffered from really bad acne in my back ever since 7th grade, senior year of high school the acne started to spread down my arms and chest acne was becoming a problem too. My self esteem went down because of how embarrassed I was and resided to only wearing clothing that covered my back, upper arms, and chest which gets difficult after a while. After my first visit to the dermatologist she decided to put me on Claravis and I was 100% okay with it despite all the side effects. The side effects are not that bad except for dry lips but Aquaphor has REALLY helped. I'm still in treatment right now and get the occasional 1-2 small pimples on my back, but NOTHING compared to how my back was.

September 23, 2014 3:19 AM