User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Melanoma, Metastatic 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pityriasis rubra pilaris 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 372 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Review by lindylou northern ireland:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Dried up the acne after a few months, though side effects during the 12 wk treatment included nosebleeds, peeling lips, sore feet and joints. Worth it though, still get the odd spot, but feel normal again and don't hide away from the world anymore.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Tim1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: For those suffering from chapped lips from this medication I have to recommend Dr. Dan's Cortibalm. It is usually behind the counter at your pharmacy, you'll have to ask for it. It saved my life while taking Accutane.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Review by JustinSimmo (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Acne: I had really bad acne and went to see a Dermatologist in July 2012. After liver function tests I was put on an increasing dose to 60mg. It did wonders and got rid of the really bad areas in 9 months. I have had a few spikes but nothing as bad and take pulse doses of 10mg three times a week.

November 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Review by MiracleCURE!:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Started it at 31, all the extra stuff that comes with the medication are SO worth it. Yeah you feel achy and have dry skin but it literally gets rid of everything. I had mild but very persistent acne since my early teens....this included body acne. I tried it all, detergents, shampoos, fash washes...nothing worked. I had very oily skin. I was free of acne after about 3 weeks of taking it. I've had maybe 10 tiny zits since then and I am in month 4 of 6.

November 25, 2014 1:04 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best thing I've ever done ! I started getting acne when I was 7 took Accutane when I was 11 & my entire face cleared up within 9 months longer then expected but I don't get any acne beside when I'm menstruating & their very minor. Only side effects were very dry skin & lips & mood swings I recommend it

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 3:02 PM

Review by EmilyMayLil:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I'm up to my 4th month of Accutane and overall I'm happy with it. My advice to people thinking about trying it is just give it a go! You won't know until you try it, and biggest piece of advice is to know your body's limits. If you're on a high dose and for example your lips are dry enough that its affecting your daily life, just lower your dose! Easy as that. Talk to your dermatologist and tell them how you're feeling about it and they'll be happy for you to stick to a dosage that both improves your skin and keeps the rest of your body happy.

November 2, 2014 7:28 PM

Review by Rholeigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I took Accutane when I was a teenager in the 1980's...I don't remember any side effects . My acne was pretty bad and it cured it. I haven't had a problem since.

October 20, 2014 8:50 PM

Review by Shadall:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I am a 38-year-old female who has had acne since I was 10 years old I have tried every over-the-counter medication possible for acne since 1986 to 2012 After years of constant painful acne, my doctor finally decided that my case was severe enough to qualify for this medicine called Accutane/Isotretinoin. There's a long list of side effects which may seem scary at first, my only side effect was minor dry skin which was curable with a good moisturizer. I completed my treatment in January 2013 and this is now October 2014 and I am still acne free, longest period in my life ever to not have acne. I was on this for approximately five months but I first started seeing results in a month. I haven't worn make up on my face since then.

October 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Forever struggle (taken for 10 years or more):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I loved Accutane. I have taken it twice. It seemed to work for me for 5 years each time. I got the dry skin. I used baby washcloths and Neutrogena oil free fragrance free moisturizer. After the first few weeks it got better though. Best acne medicine on the market! By far!

October 18, 2014 2:53 AM

Review by haplessacne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Hi everyone! This is my second month of taking Accutane. I am taking 40 mg doses a day, and by far I have noticed that along with my severe cystic acne, I used to have a lot of comedones (small white hard substance which if pinched comes out like a hard thread like thing) around my chin and nose area. It used to look disgusting as it gave a grainy and cactus like appearance, but thanks to isotretinoin, I am completely rid of comedones. But I still have occasional breakout and have about 8 big cysts on my face which still need to dry up. I am a big time squeezer and don't know how to stop myself from doing that. Will update after two more months. I give an 8/10 as of now. -22 yo female, India.

October 16, 2014 4:07 AM

Review by Theaora:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: 60kg female. I had cystitis acne on face and jaw. I had acne from 13 years of age. I'm 31 now. I tried everything! Then asked for Accutane. I was on 20 30 40 50 50 steroids and 60 dose. For about 7 months, as I kept having pimples (small but pimples). I had regular blood and pregnancy test each month. The steroids kicked the medicine in the butt and at 60 cleared my face completely. I was on 60 for 2 months and I knew I had no acne at all. I wanted to give up, after 5 months when I was on 50. I would have no pimples all month but when on my periods. I finished on 60. No acne then and no acne 3 months later.

October 15, 2014 5:37 PM

Review by dandu (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Sotret (isotretinoin) for Acne: Sotret was amazing medicine which changed my life. I always dream to have acne free face but it could not be possible with other medicine but after using Sotret all the acne on my face were cleared and it gained me more confidence but this medicine takes at least 6-8 months to clear up all the acne on face. I thank Sotret for making my dream come true! Just loving my acne free face.

October 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Review by pc India (taken for less than 1 month):

For Acne: It's really a miracle for oily greasy face. I love it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Review by Allysuhn:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Best decision of my life! My acne since I've had in fourth grade is gone, and I feel so much happier. My confidence has increased massively and I am no longer depressed. The medicine did make me drowsy, ill-tempered, dry skin, and horrendous break outs. But, overall this medicine has worked wonders for me and is completely worth it!

October 7, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by SanthoshYAR:

For Acne: I am suffering from acne for more than 7 years. I took different medications(capsules,creams,ointments) none of them have good impact. This year June I went to a dermatologist on my friends suggestion, he prescribed Isotretinoin 20mg 1 capsule per day for 10 days in a month. Its been 4 months now, except a few breakouts acne is under control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2014 7:08 AM

Review by Avii4566:

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: LOVE this medication. It worked wonders in my back.. I suffered from really bad acne in my back ever since 7th grade, senior year of high school the acne started to spread down my arms and chest acne was becoming a problem too. My self esteem went down because of how embarrassed I was and resided to only wearing clothing that covered my back, upper arms, and chest which gets difficult after a while. After my first visit to the dermatologist she decided to put me on Claravis and I was 100% okay with it despite all the side effects. The side effects are not that bad except for dry lips but Aquaphor has REALLY helped. I'm still in treatment right now and get the occasional 1-2 small pimples on my back, but NOTHING compared to how my back was.

September 23, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by El Dawg (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I have struggled with acne for so long I started getting it in the 6th grade I got cystic acne in 8th grade and it was horrible because I went to a kindergarten through 8th grade school every day a little kid would say something about it like "Oh my God what happened to your face" "Ew what's on your face" I was so embarrassed and I had tried almost every acne medication out there. I never wanted to try Accutane because I was scared of all the side effects but it was worth it. I'm a sophomore in high school now and my skin is completely clear and the only side effect I noticed were that my lips got badly dried out but it wasn't a huge problem.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: This medication is the only thing that has removed acne from my face and back. The side effects are horrible, but bearable. The side effects that I experienced during my treatment were: throbbing dry lips, itchy skin, dry eyes, blood in nose, severe joint pains, lethargy, darkening of face(temporary) and headaches. My dosage was from month 1 to 6: 40mg, 60mg, 70mg, 70mg, 80mg, 80mg. (Body weight 88kgs). If you suffer from cystic acne I would definitely recommend this medication. It really works and although the side effects are severe, they are temporary! Really worth it in the end

August 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by grrio (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had mild-severe scarring acne since I was 8 years old (I had premature puberty) and my mom took me to many dermatologists who prescribed many different medications. Nothing worked. Of course I was a little kid and wasn't following the instructions thoroughly. Then at the age of 16 I went on Accutane for 7 months. I remember that it took a while to see some improvement but on the 6th to 7th month it got extremely better. Of course I had a lot of problems with my dry lips. My hands were also very sensitive to cold (they still are). I stayed clear for about 17 years. I only had 2-3 zits once a month during menstruation. Since a year acne has started coming back. Not that bad though. The red marks are the worse. I might go on Accutane again.

August 13, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by Lissyloo2:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: Amazing! I understand when people say they tried everything. I didn't have severe acne but persistent and regular plus it didn't help that I was a real squeezer and probably made whole situation worse. And I already get anxious about social situations so the skin problem added to that! I was able to go on a low dose, 20mg which I was scared wouldn't be enough but this stuff is strong! Can't complain about the dry skin as how else is it going to work? The whole idea is to make you less oily. Lips were very dry and gross at the start and whole layers were peeling off but that isn't so bad now. Have been through about 10 lip balms already! But that's it really. Sometimes feel a little tired but that could also not be Accutane.

August 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Review by Selle (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've been through taking this for 3 months now and I noticed improvements on my acne. I still have occasional breakout and I hope this would totally be clear after 6 months.

August 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Review by Nk97 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had struggled with severe acne since middle school. It started in 6th grade and I honestly didn't know what to do. Sure other kids were getting pimples, it was the onset of puberty. But my acne was different. My face was soaked in oils, covered in patches of acne and red as hell. It really blew, and it continued that way until 8th grade. I had tried tons of "solutions" such as acne free, proactiv, Epiduo, and countless others. But there's a point where those medicines won't work for such a severe case of acne like mine, and many others. So in 8th grade my dad and I finally decided we should go see the dermatologist. He put me on Claravis for two months. I've been clear ever since. Now I'm a senior and I feel better than ever. Great experience.

August 6, 2014 10:58 PM

Review by belx:

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I've been on this medication for just over 2 months now, taking 40mg a day. When I started on a low dose, the first 3 weeks I experienced severe dry skin, lips, and especially my nose and under my eyes even. The first 5 weeks my skin broke out worse. And from the beginning I started getting severe back pain. Now in week 9, my skin has settled down and is a tiny bit better, but all my blackheads have disappeared. My skin is still drier than usual, but it's actually improved, and my lips are fine as long as I apply vaseline 2-3 times a day. The only significant side effect I still have is my back and bone/joint pain. So far I'm very happy with what I've achieved (the blackheads) and expect things to keep improving.

July 31, 2014 7:25 AM

Review by Cherno (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: I had severe cystic acne covering my entire body for over 2 years. I tried antibiotics, creams and pills, and none of them worked. Finally after a year on antibiotics with no results my doctor referred me to a dermatologist who prescribed Accutane. I took it for six months and now my acne is completely gone. I have been off of it for two months now and no acne whatsoever has returned. I am hoping it never does! The side effects for Accutane were difficult (especially the dry lips - I had chapstick with me 24/7 and went crazy if I couldn't apply it about once an hour at least) but the end result was worth it in my opinion.

July 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Absorica (isotretinoin) for Acne: I’m a 23 year old female who has had acne issues since about 12 years old. Topicals kept me okay through my teen years until I got put on an antibiotic called Solodyn when I began getting adult acne at 22. It worked great but is not a permanent fix unless you want to take that pill every day for the rest of your life, so I tried Absorica. 5 months was all it took to clear up my severe nodular acne and dry out the blackheads I've had for 10 years. I experienced no serious side effects, just dry skin/lips and nosebleeds. With Aquaphor and Vaseline on hand, it was easily manageable and just a minor annoyance. Completely worth the results. I highly recommend Absorica, so long as you've done your research and monitor your health on it.

June 24, 2014 11:15 PM