User Reviews for Venofer

Learn more about Venofer.

Reviews for Venofer to treat Iron Deficiency Anemia

"I have had 1 dose of 200ml IV Venofer administered over a 2 hour period. I have noticed that this week I am very tired, have muscle aches, a few episodes of intestinal pain. At the time of administration of my first dose I got a headache about 15 minutes after the start of the transfusion and also about 5 minutes before the end of the session, up to 15 minutes after I felt sick to my stomach and like I was going to vomit. Sure hope this works, I have 4 more sessions to go."

GUIDOMAMMA (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2013

"I have been getting Iron treatments for a few years now...they have been long and drawn out, up until now. I used to have to get 3 treatments a/week for 10-12 weeks...which meant my days were short and I couldn't do anything else. Then the iron would last for about 4-6 months..then my count would go back down to 6.9 or 7.1 and I would start all over again. My Doctor tried Venofer this last time and I had 2 treatments, lasting 1 to 1 and1/2 hours each and I was done...WOW! What a difference. I just went for a check up and my count was 11.7, and my treatment was in September. Normally, I'm preparing to start treatments again, because my count would be down to 9 by now. I'm truly impressed with this treatment."

rollingmama January 8, 2011

"I am 14 years old. I went in for a physical, and had a routine blood panel. How did I get the results? An ambulance showed up at my house suddenly to take me to the hospital immediately. Apparently, my iron was 9, which is almost fatally low. I was given Venofer when I got there, and it helped tremendously. It quite possibly saved my life. I owe my life to Venofer."

Anonymous July 2, 2010