User Reviews for Lantus Solostar

Learn more about Lantus Solostar.

Diabetes, Type 2 11 reviews 118 medications

7.7
Diabetes, Type 1 1 reviews 58 medications

7.5
Summary of Lantus Solostar reviews 12 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Lantus Solostar

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I absolutely hate this pen. It jams up every time I use it. I have already voiced my complaint with my pharmacist and I will be asking to switch back to my previous lantus supplier."

ken c July 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am new to having to use insulin, and I hate injections. While this lantus works well to control my blood sugar, twice now, the pen has lock up with 30 units of insulin remaining. Forcing me to open a new pen and inject myself a second time to complete the prescribed dosage, this along with the loss now of 60 units of medication is very annoying."

mcarthurdw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Lantus is great, but am going to try Levemir as their delivery system looks better. Lanus Solostar is fine for strong, large handed people, but if you have arthritis or are older, it is a chore to deliver - its too hard to push and too big to stretch your hand to insure it doesn't slip."

MizB (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Insulin works fine just have trouble with pen. Always pain and pen jammed once. I use another brand of pen with no problems. Went over how to use video. I thought I was doing something wrong. But was not. Don't know why I get pain from this."

Keith Myers October 6, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I totally love it! The best medicine that they have ever ever come out with for diabetes type 2!"

yieyie17 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "When I realized I was diabetic I was very ill. My vision went blurry, my tongue was bleeding, sores would form and not heal on my arms, so thirsty, urinating every 15 mins etc. I have Type 2 diabetes and went on to Lantus as soon as the hospital released me. This is the best and safest way to keep your blood sugar levels normal. I have had control of my diabetes for 7 months now and it is so easy. Had to see an endocrinologist today and he tried to put me on Byetta and I told him no way will you change me from my Lantus Solostar as it never makes me feel bad and always makes me feel good and in control. Lantus is really great. "

Jim Sparks (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been using the Lantus Solostar for about a month now. The pen is very easy for me to use. At first I had trouble just using one hand, so now after I insert the needle, I hold the pen in my left hand and depress the plunger with my right hand. This gives me more control over the entire process and with no pain."

Skytinkle April 17, 2012

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Lantus has been amazing for me. I struggled for so long with high blood sugar numbers and Lantus has changed that for me. I actually have normal numbers now! Lantus Solostar is so easy to use and completely painless! Its been incredible. Just one injection lasts all day long. Also Lantus doesn't peak so no low blood sugars here! I recommend Lantus and give it a ten rating. I can't stress enough how amazed I am on how well this product works! I was struggling with my blood sugar being high for so long and nothing seemed to be working! I tried pills, other insulins and still I was high! After taking Lantus my blood sugar level was actually normal! It continues to stay normal now. I was so surprised at first I even double checked my meter!"

Realsis 77 October 16, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been using this for a month now and it seems to be helping with the blood sugars. However I find the pen hard to use. I have small hands and the pen is to wide for me to grip easily and the plunger even harder to push down to inject. I hate needles so this is ideal way for me but something slimmer and easier to push would help. At 56 iu now it's virtually impossible to avoid pain with the injection."

Marmim0946 July 29, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Lantus for a few years now. I love it, the ease in administration of the Solostar and of the cartridge pen is wonderful. I have never had a problem with it and when using it my sugars remain in good control and I feel wonderful."

Anonymous September 6, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "This medicine seemed to work well for a short period of time for a friend as well as myself. Now I find that if I increase my dosage drastically or decrease my dosage drastically (over 20 units) it will help get my blood sugar where I need them, according to my doctor."

v_raven June 14, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Lantus SoloStar Pen is easy to use - I get very few "hypos". My levels are more stable. I feel wonderful since using this. I have now been on Lantus for 12 months."

AussieRedHead February 24, 2009