User Reviews for Lantus Solostar

Learn more about Lantus Solostar.

Diabetes, Type 1 0 reviews 64 medications

9.7
Diabetes, Type 2 7 reviews 119 medications

8.4
Summary of Lantus Solostar reviews 7 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lantus Solostar

Review by Jim Sparks (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Diabetes, Type 2: When I realized I was diabetic I was very ill. My vision went blurry, my tongue was bleeding, sores would form and not heal on my arms, so thirsty, urinating every 15 mins etc. I have Type 2 diabetes and went on to Lantus as soon as the hospital released me. This is the best and safest way to keep your blood sugar levels normal. I have had control of my diabetes for 7 months now and it is so easy. Had to see an endocrinologist today and he tried to put me on Byetta and I told him no way will you change me from my Lantus Solostar as it never makes me feel bad and always makes me feel good and in control. Lantus is really great.

February 27, 2013 6:29 AM

Review by Skytinkle:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been using the Lantus Solostar for about a month now. The pen is very easy for me to use. At first I had trouble just using one hand, so now after I insert the needle, I hold the pen in my left hand and depress the plunger with my right hand. This gives me more control over the entire process and with no pain.

April 17, 2012 5:57 PM

Review by Realsis 77:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Lantus has been amazing for me. I struggled for so long with high blood sugar numbers and Lantus has changed that for me. I actually have normal numbers now! Lantus Solostar is so easy to use and completely painless! Its been incredible. Just one injection lasts all day long. Also Lantus doesn't peak so no low blood sugars here! I recommend Lantus and give it a ten rating. I can't stress enough how amazed I am on how well this product works! I was struggling with my blood sugar being high for so long and nothing seemed to be working! I tried pills, other insulins and still I was high! After taking Lantus my blood sugar level was actually normal! It continues to stay normal now. I was so surprised at first I even double checked my meter!

October 16, 2010 1:12 PM

Review by Marmim0946:

For Diabetes, Type 2: I've been using this for a month now and it seems to be helping with the blood sugars. However I find the pen hard to use. I have small hands and the pen is to wide for me to grip easily and the plunger even harder to push down to inject. I hate needles so this is ideal way for me but something slimmer and easier to push would help. At 56 iu now it's virtually impossible to avoid pain with the injection.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2010 10:09 PM

For Diabetes, Type 2: I have been on Lantus for a few years now. I love it, the ease in administration of the Solostar and of the cartridge pen is wonderful. I have never had a problem with it and when using it my sugars remain in good control and I feel wonderful.

September 6, 2009 6:51 PM

Review by v_raven:

For Diabetes, Type 2: This medicine seemed to work well for a short period of time for a friend as well as myself. Now I find that if I increase my dosage drastically or decrease my dosage drastically (over 20 units) it will help get my blood sugar where I need them, according to my doctor.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2009 3:53 AM

Review by AussieRedHead:

For Diabetes, Type 2: Lantus SoloStar Pen is easy to use - I get very few "hypos". My levels are more stable. I feel wonderful since using this. I have now been on Lantus for 12 months.

February 24, 2009 6:28 PM