User Reviews for Insulin glargine

Also known as: Basaglar, Lantus, Lantus OptiClik Cartridge, Lantus Solostar, Toujeo, Toujeo Solostar

Learn more about Insulin glargine.

Diabetes, Type 1 7 reviews 71 medications

7.7
Diabetes, Type 2 37 reviews 134 medications

7.7
Summary of Insulin glargine reviews 44 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Insulin glargine

Toujeo (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was prescribed this Toujeo insulin pen, caused vision lost. Stopped use vision was restored."

catzzz (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on Lantus Solostar Pens for nine months. what bugged me was dose I was taking never matched the dose lines on the pen, also there was always at least 10 - 15 units left in pen that could not come out. My co-pay was $340.00 for 5 pens. I got up to needing 70 units a day, one pen equaled 4 days. I solved that by going to vials and syringes. Still taking Lantus, it is only insulin I have been on so not sure it is best for me."

Wind Dancing (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It seems equal to other insulin products with the exception of the delivery system. The pen they use is junk. I'll go further, it is hazardous. The more I use it the more pens I find that jam up. Their little rubber part gets deformed and stops going down. When it stops you apply more pressure and the needle wiggles and actually tears your skin. Sometimes when you pull the pen out it will release and squirt the insulin out into the air. The problem has been ongoing across numerous pens and numerous lots. It is a design flaw or manufacturing defect."

Norman1234 March 16, 2016

Toujeo (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Great my sugars are now under 140 before 240+"

bibi2016 March 13, 2016

Toujeo (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "taking 62 units, used to use lantus with no problem, have had major problem last month or so with pounding heart, and rapid pulse. Heart problem comes any time during the day, and is getting increasingly more of a constant...going to go back to Lantus, and that is too bad, but can not deal with side effects."

emg1 March 12, 2016

Toujeo Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taking Toujeo for about 3 weeks now. I previously used Lantus. Was able to use a drug card to get Toujeo price really low. But, my sugars have been all over the place. I have had 350 highs and 74 lows, up and down, with no real reason. For example, two nights ago, my bedtime reading was 114 and the next morning, without eating anything, my reading was 353!! No reason. Anyone else having this issue with Toujeo? Will it level out eventually?"

Stefgib February 9, 2016

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on the lantus for 6mos. and have been walking everyday up to 1hr. each day and have been eating well for about 1yr. and my BSG is still about 150 or higher and I have gained 47lbs since I started. That is the only thing different that I've been doing."

Lgrif January 20, 2016

Toujeo (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Toujeo. 19 units at night. Two weeks off lantus solo star Blood sugars waking were 140, now 200 Nausea 15 minutes after injection. Lasts for two hours. Severe cramping and pain in feet ,calves, shoulders, and hands Diarrhea on and off through out the two weeks Dizziness Blurry vision in one eye Swollen gums Hope this levels off quickly"

Bennybooboo January 1, 2016

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I absolutely hate this pen. It jams up every time I use it. I have already voiced my complaint with my pharmacist and I will be asking to switch back to my previous lantus supplier."

ken c July 29, 2015

Toujeo Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Toujeo Solostar on 07/13/2015. It was discovered that I have a carcinoid tumor and my Endo said that Metformin can irritate the cancer,so he wanted me to start Toujeo and Humalog Kwik pen asap.When I was taking the Metformin,my BS were in the low 100's. On Toujeo and Humalog,the sugars are in the 200's. I'm at my wits end. Every time the endo. decides to put me on Insulin,my sugars go through the roof,if I'm on Metformin,the sugars are far below the 200's."

Fish4me (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am new to having to use insulin, and I hate injections. While this lantus works well to control my blood sugar, twice now, the pen has lock up with 30 units of insulin remaining. Forcing me to open a new pen and inject myself a second time to complete the prescribed dosage, this along with the loss now of 60 units of medication is very annoying."

mcarthurdw (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "People who have higher incomes on medicare and who take 2 insulins plus more than 10 other medications including additional tier 3 meds for life do not fit into any supported categories. I reached the donut hole April 19 when my monthly medicine payments were $45 for each tier 3 medicine. Now one lantus is $173 for 20 days, novalog is about the same plus a additional 250 or more for other meds. I worked hard all my life to get a decent social security and now have stopped taking my lantus because I cannot afford $173 for every 20 days. "

GERIdtrager June 14, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Cramps in hands fingers legs more, excessive hunger, weight gain 18 lbs. I also use novolog flexpen 3 times a day = 20 / lantus 1 at bedime = 46. Tiredness & weak more so than ever, is constant. Bowel movements constantly different."

Hushlizard (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 23, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was using Levimir for the past 7-8 years. A new endocrinologist suggested Lantus for evening/bedtime use and it was an immediate success."

5DoxMom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been a diabetic for 20 years now. I am on metformin 1000mg two times a day. I have also been on Lantus for the same time. A Doctor can tell you what to take but it may not be right. I was told to take 65 units at bedtime, but if I was sick or did not eat much that day I could bottom out in the AM. What I'm trying to say is you will have to find the right dose for you by checking your blood sugar on a regular basis.If your blood sugar was 350 at bedtime my lantus dose would be 82. I seldom take the same dose every night and I am staying in the good A1C range 22 for a 435 range will not work for me either. It's tough but you must keep a log to see what dose you gave yourself the last time and adjust it from there. Love you guy's."

CASEYCARTER April 23, 2015

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Lantus is great, but am going to try Levemir as their delivery system looks better. Lanus Solostar is fine for strong, large handed people, but if you have arthritis or are older, it is a chore to deliver - its too hard to push and too big to stretch your hand to insure it doesn't slip."

MizB (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 18, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Lantus for over 3 weeks and I feel I HAVE less control of my sugar levels. I take 22 units at bedtime, and it isnt lowering my levels like it should. Per doctor, I cannot take regular insulin with it as the Lantus is a 24 hr dose. So if my level spikes to sway 435, I can't take a shot of regular insulin to bring it down, I have to ride it out till bedtime when I can take another does of Lantus. I would rather take regular insulin every 6 hrs than do the Lantus, as It gives me more control of the dose I need for my sugar levels."

tlash (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Oral meds did not bring down the A1c nor the fasting blood sugars which stayed in the 140s and kept climbing. . I have now been on Lantus for 6 months, titrated dose every Saturday increasing dose by 4 units per week until my fasting blood sugars are averaging 100, A1c is in normal rang now. Have not had any hypoglycemia bouts which happened with the oral meds. I give this insulin a two thumbs up."

epaul February 25, 2015

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Lantus is my first treatment with insulin. I am presently at 22 units once a day and my numbers are much lower than before when just on metformin and glimepiride. I do not have to use glimeperide now. I do not have the terrible lows as before and my highs are a lot less. I feel better, in general but I have gained some weight."

SnowsMom (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2014

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Insulin works fine just have trouble with pen. Always pain and pen jammed once. I use another brand of pen with no problems. Went over how to use video. I thought I was doing something wrong. But was not. Don't know why I get pain from this."

Keith Myers October 6, 2014

Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I totally love it! The best medicine that they have ever ever come out with for diabetes type 2!"

yieyie17 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2014

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Excellent!"

yieyie17 (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2014

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 1: "I've been taking it for 11 years and it works great. I have to take it twice a day though because (for me) the effects don't last as long as they're meant to."

Almost perfect...needs to last longer. (taken for 10 years or more) July 7, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 1: "My daughter is Two year old has been diabetic type 1 since last valentine day. She uses 2 Units at 7:00 AM and 1.5 units at 7:00 PM. Glargine is great but when used in such small quantity it is very difficult to get accurate dosage using pen. The glargine pen does not have half unit dial and it would be really great if the company introduced a pen more suitable for children. For now I have to draw insulin with syringe, which is more work and syringe needles are longer so it hurts more."

Anabella P December 24, 2013

Lantus (insulin glargine) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been using Lantus for 3 weeks. Injecting 15-20 units per day and have not experienced a substantial reduction in glucose readings. Am upping dose to 24 units/day. Also have been taking 2.5g of Metformin with insulin shots. When my glucose goes above 300, I need to take 4mg of Glimepiride to knock it down. "

SlotCasino March 12, 2013