User Reviews for Novolog

Learn more about Novolog.

Diabetes, Type 1 2 reviews 58 medications

9.3
Diabetes, Type 2 4 reviews 118 medications

6.6
Summary of Novolog reviews 6 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Novolog

For Diabetes, Type 1 "I was put on Novolog when I was diagnosed with Type 1 and have loved it ever since. I've never had any negative side effects and when coupled with the Omnipod it is phenomenal for me. It is important to note however that every person's body is different. My doctor recently had me try Humalog to which I had multiple negative side effects. This does not mean one is better than the other, just that for my own body the Novolog happens to be what it accepts and works with best. You should always tell your doctor how ANY medication makes you feel if you experience negative side effects. For me, the Novolog is a gods send and I love it :)"

Maerlias (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have used Novolog for 9-10 years. I has reasonably helped with controlling my glucose but has caused considerable weight gain. My units are determined by the carbohydrate count per meal - that has been adjusted from a ratio of 10 to a ratio of 7 per unit. A new endocrinologist has suggested Januvia but the side effects sound horrendous. The other 5 oral medications I've tried over a period of years did nothing positive and actually caused too many gastrointestinal problems. Will decide in 3 months, at next appointment."

5DoxMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Good for lowering blood sugar and quick but the side effects were bad, it caused severe itching and a bad rash running down both of the inside of my legs. Heading in to get it changed to something new."

Dia 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2014

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Serious allergic reaction, hives and extreme itching."

Gads12 May 17, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "After trying several insulin types of medicines which caused severe itching, I was put on Novolog 70/30. At first there were no side effects, then dizziness started to occur and its getting worse, my ankles are starting to swell and I am putting on weight. I'm at my wits end. Novolog is very convenient to use, but unfortunately now I have to go back to doctor and start a new medication and go through trial and error with a new medication which can also be very costly."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 1 "Novolog works very well and very fast (3-5) hours in lowering sugar levels but for those w/out insurance be wary Novolog is very expensive, espicially when you have to couple the insulin w/ another slow-acting, such as Lantus. Together these are very effective however."

Scallywag February 20, 2010