User Reviews for Novolog

Learn more about Novolog.

Novolog Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 155 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Novolog to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Have used Novolog for 9-10 years. I has reasonably helped with controlling my glucose but has caused considerable weight gain. My units are determined by the carbohydrate count per meal - that has been adjusted from a ratio of 10 to a ratio of 7 per unit. A new endocrinologist has suggested Januvia but the side effects sound horrendous. The other 5 oral medications I've tried over a period of years did nothing positive and actually caused too many gastrointestinal problems. Will decide in 3 months, at next appointment."

5DoxMom (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

"Good for lowering blood sugar and quick but the side effects were bad, it caused severe itching and a bad rash running down both of the inside of my legs. Heading in to get it changed to something new."

Dia 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2014

"Serious allergic reaction, hives and extreme itching."

Gads12 May 17, 2013

"After trying several insulin types of medicines which caused severe itching, I was put on Novolog 70/30. At first there were no side effects, then dizziness started to occur and its getting worse, my ankles are starting to swell and I am putting on weight. I'm at my wits end. Novolog is very convenient to use, but unfortunately now I have to go back to doctor and start a new medication and go through trial and error with a new medication which can also be very costly."

Anonymous August 5, 2011