Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Remicade review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 345 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Remicade to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was on Remicade for the past four years. It has recently started giving me bad reactions during the infusion. My arthritis would also flare 1.5-2 weeks after the infusion. Loved Remicade, hated how expensive it was.

April 19, 2012 11:38 AM

Review by Ilovedocbrimmingham:

For two year (09' 10') we were trying to figure out why my knee hurt so bad. Over the two years it moved into my whole body! I had seen 5 doctors but they had no idea and gave me guidelines of what I could not do. Which made the RA flare up worse. On Dec. 8, 10 I was at school (I am not one to complain about pain) and I broke down crying. My rheumatoid arthritis had gotten so bad in my back that it started shuting down my SNS and I could not walk. I had to have my friends carry me to the school office. My parents stayed home with me for a week because I could not move without someone. We were able to get in to see a pediatric rheumatologist on Dec. 15 10. That day I was dianosed with the disease. This is the first medicine that has helped.

February 26, 2012 4:11 PM

I love it! I'm 16 and have been treated for five years. Methotrexate made me sick and Enbrel, via Epi pen, was more uncomfortable than my arthritis. Remicade is pain free and the time inconvenience is worth it.

February 20, 2012 9:58 PM

I have had rheumatoid arthirtis for 1 year now, and continue to take Sulfasalazine and Nabumetone daily. I stopped taking the Enbrel after 7 months as it was no longer relieving joint pains. I have had two infusions so far, and do notice improvement in my most painful joint (shoulder). My rheumatologist prescribed a dose pack of steroids, which I took after my 1st infusion. Receiving these drugs together, I was hoping for more improvement, but I will take what I can get. My arm has markedly improved range of motion, although it is not back to normal. My legs are still stiff, and I still need to shuffle my feet when I walk. I go back for my third infusion next month, and thereafter infusions will be every 6-8 weeks. I sure am hopeful this treatment will improve my quality of life.

May 25, 2010 3:57 PM

Have had 4 Remicade infusions in combination with MTX and Plaquinil. The 1st infusion was great and all my pain was gone. I thought OMG a miracle drug! Then 2nd infusion I had a reaction which felt like I was having a stress test performed, a bit scary and then the hands and feet broke out with a horrible psoriasis type rash which I have never had before (and still can't seem to cure). 3rd infusion with Benadryl injection was 6 hours of slight reaction and then little or no relief from the pain. 4th injection with twice as much Benadryl prior to the injection and 10 hours of reaction while being infused and zero relief after. the fact. I gave up on Remicade.

January 13, 2010 3:15 PM

Review by johnppm:

I suffered with RA for over 15 years in most of my joints. 6 years ago I moved to a new state and started with a new RA doctor. She started me on Remicade and lowered the dosage of methotrexate. I have been pain free for the past 6 years. Love my doctor and Remicade.

November 9, 2009 3:56 AM

On Remicade for 10 months. At each infusion the dose has gone up with no lasting relief. Now at 800mg every six weeks relief lasted only 2 weeks, 2 days. Back on Prednisone and Darvocet until I see doctor tomorrow. Nothing has worked except combination of Arava and Methotrexate. Had to leave Methotrexate several years ago because of high liver enzymes. At this point nothing seems to give relief except Prednisone and I WILL not take that even more than a few days. Possibly adding Arava to Remicade after tomorrow. I am getting very tired of constant pain.

November 4, 2009 11:55 PM

Review by Chris G:

It has worked miracles in the past 8 yrs. I have had no side effects from it when used with Arava. Doctor has me now taking methotrexate and my body rejected the IV first time with the new medicines.

October 4, 2009 9:03 PM

Review by CynV:

I have been on two other DMARDs (Enbrel and Orencia) with little or only so-so results. With Remicade I felt relief almost immediately with no adverse reactions. I noticed my inflammation and pain have greatly decreased but most importantly the fatigue that dogged me has lifted. I am hoping that this medicine keeps working for a long time. Best wishes.

June 29, 2009 1:35 PM

Review by ADL:

After a double synovectomy of my right wrist and left elbow in 1985 at the age of twenty, I had sixteen years of remission, until 2001 when I had a downward spiral rheumatic flare. I was disabled for eight months and my Rheumatologist put me on very high doses of Methotrexate and Vioxx. I was only able to walk with a cane. Relief in 2002 to 2003 and another flare-up dislocated my left wrist and crippled my fingers. Started the year 2004 with a synovectomy of the left wrist. At this point I had enough of the Methotrexate and Vioxx. I sought alternative treatments of Gloucosamine/MSM, with Tylenol Arthritis for pain. 2006 Flare-up, I moved to RTP, where my Doctor introduced me to Remicade with medium doses of Methotrexate. No pain, I'm happy.

October 30, 2008 7:15 AM

My results have been excellent.

October 2, 2008 10:17 AM

Review by NURSERYNURSE2004YAHOO.COM:

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in August 2005. I am 33 years old now. I tried Enbrel that worked for a little while in combination with methotrexate. Then on to Humira and methotrexate. After that didn't work I started Remicade infusions with Arava in April 2007. I have been pain free ever since. I have not had one flare up or stiffness since. Occasionally when the weather is bad I know it is coming but that is expected with arthritis. Remicade is wonderful.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2008 2:18 AM