User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Remicade review summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 94 medications used in the treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis.

Reviews for Remicade to treat Ankylosing Spondylitis

Review by New Anonymous: User Rating:

Have it every 6 weeks but after 5 weeks I get very sore just below my shoulders, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes center. I go on Tylenol when I can't take the pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 3, 2013 9:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Remicade is the only medicine I have taken in the last 6yrs that has given me relief. I was scared to try it, but I have not had any side effects and the improvement is significant. It kicks in quickly for me (within a day), but it also wears off before my insurance will let me get another dose. Some relief is better than none, though, so no complaints from me. I only hope that I don't build up an immunity to it anytime soon.

February 21, 2011 11:21 PM
Review by Cuity: User Rating:

My first go around in 2008 was like a miracle. No side effects! After 3 infusions I lost my medical coverage. Remicade took away the morning stiffness and the pain so much I was able to do push ups and squats. If you looked at my stooped forward posture you would know why that's such a big deal. I eventually started driving the city bus after being denied for Social Security. In Sept of 2010, after 2 years of no infusions my condition worsened and I resigned from my bus driver job due to neck movement restriction. Now back on state medical ACHHS, I'm back on Remicade, just had my 2nd infusion, but this time with a cough that I'm not sure was caused by Remicade, time will tell. Overall Remicade is as close to a miracle as it can get.

February 3, 2011 8:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have been on Remicade since April after not getting any relief from Inbrel or Humira. The initial relief was wonderful, but the results since then have been very unreliable. I find that the week before my infusion is due, I am in terrible pain all over again. I also have a hard time with the methotrexate, it makes my stomach very upset and wipes me out the day I have to take it.

August 6, 2009 6:33 PM
Review by LAURA87: User Rating:

Getting up in the morning and walking around is a lot less challenging since I started Remicade in June 2008.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 10, 2009 12:14 PM
Review by pilotmike5: User Rating:

Not a miracle but the closest thing yet. Has restored functionality to my life. Monthly infusions are a break from the seemingly rushed rheumatologist appointments and give plenty of time to discuss treatment and concerns.

June 13, 2008 12:19 PM