User Reviews for Hizentra

Learn more about Hizentra.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome 11 reviews 27 medications

6.8
Summary of Hizentra reviews 11 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Hizentra

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Switched from nurse-infused IVIG to Hizentra,with zero side effects on the former. Now, 2 months later, sinusitis and nasal misery move in at 5th day, maybe my dose is too low. These old symptoms disappear a day or so after weekly self-infusion. Otherwise, all is well."

NevadaRich (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 29, 2016

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "My RA med stripped my Immune System. I was getting sick every mth. My antibody levels were literally going down in sequence over time (5,4,3,2,1..). Then after 3 months on Hizentria (20%,10mg,50cc, once weekly), the jump in all of my numbers's was AMAZING! Ex: neg/0 up to 7/8!, etc. I'm NOT getting sick every month! Bonus, they have the BEST Patient Support Programs I've ever seen! From P2P support, Monthly CoPay Asst, even some coverage Help if Insurance is Lost!, etc!"

Blbuchanan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2016

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "I have had 6 treatments. My goal is not to have bronchitis, sinusitis, or pneumonia repeatedly. For 48-72 hours post rx.my abdomen is hot pink, swollen and painful. I I then feel fantastic for 6 days and then my malaise gradually kicks back in. I had a 3 month" virus" at age 11. I was unable to walk for more than a few feet at a a time. I have never felt good since. Life was not what it should have been. My " awesome" days are well worth all the downsides of this rx. ONLY regret is that I could have had it sooner. I am so thankful for this medication."

Buglette October 21, 2015

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "I have only been on Hizentra one month so imagine it has not had time to work. Within that month I have had 2 sinus infections (dealing with one now and feel awful). I would like to know how long it took for people to start feeling better. One doc says 5 infusions, and another says much longer. However, I have had more energy in between the infections. Your comments have been helpful."

dante222 November 15, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "The 20% solution has allowed me to drop 10 grams per week off my infusion. The consistency of my levels for the past 3 years have been normal and I have not had any infections. Recently I had to change my insurance and during that Time I had a lapse in my infusion for 3 weeks, then I started back on my infusions and I did not have any problems at all during the 3 weeks without Hizentra."

191946 October 31, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "3 years at home has been a relief for me. Needle area sites takes about 2 hours to disappear. 10 grams per week of Hizentra keeps my level normal and I have not had any infections or illness. The cream is applied 15 minutes before the needles and very smooth going in."

Chubbyjoe July 20, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "I take Hizentra once per week and I have not had any infections, sickness or Any other problems. The prep is very easy and afterwards just a few lumps that Slowly disappears after a few hours. Once a week at home and after 2 years With no infections it has been great."

Bodidly (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 2, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Immune system is where it should be for the first time in 5 yrs! Actually had to reduce Hizentra by 20% after 6 month blood check!"

BPROP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 5, 2013

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Once you find a good site it is relatively painless. Almost no severe reactions yet. I can't handle IVIG very well so this is it for me."

Anonymous March 12, 2011

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "I started on Hizentra 3 months ago and I am quite pleased with the differance it has made. I was always feeling run down and so so tired all the time and I would have one Sinus infection after an other. I was so sick of taking antibiotics. They say at about four months I will be close to my plateau, I don't know about that as I was quite run down. Each week has had its ups and downs, You know i step forward and 2 back, lately however I have been noticing a more level and steady state. I don't care to much for inserting the 4 needles every week and the injection site pain but it is only there for a couple of days then I have 5 days to enjoy life. Good luck to you! Mike"

Rjslabmm March 7, 2011

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome "Medicare required patients to switch from viva to globulin. The switch for me resulted in instant disability, numerous infections. It became evident that the same dosage of viva was not equivalent to Hizentra. Hizentra had to be increased by a factor of 1.59 of viva. The weekly grams infused out weigh any advantage of the 20% solution."

998041 December 27, 2010