Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Hizentra

Learn more about Hizentra.

Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome 8 reviews 26 medications

6.2
Summary of Hizentra reviews 8 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Hizentra

Review by dante222:

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: I have only been on Hizentra one month so imagine it has not had time to work. Within that month I have had 2 sinus infections (dealing with one now and feel awful). I would like to know how long it took for people to start feeling better. One doc says 5 infusions, and another says much longer. However, I have had more energy in between the infections. Your comments have been helpful.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 15, 2013 5:23 PM

Review by 191946:

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: The 20% solution has allowed me to drop 10 grams per week off my infusion. The consistency of my levels for the past 3 years have been normal and I have not had any infections. Recently I had to change my insurance and during that Time I had a lapse in my infusion for 3 weeks, then I started back on my infusions and I did not have any problems at all during the 3 weeks without Hizentra.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2013 12:05 PM

Review by Chubbyjoe:

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: 3 years at home has been a relief for me. Needle area sites takes about 2 hours to disappear. 10 grams per week of Hizentra keeps my level normal and I have not had any infections or illness. The cream is applied 15 minutes before the needles and very smooth going in.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2013 10:48 AM

Review by Bodidly (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: I take Hizentra once per week and I have not had any infections, sickness or Any other problems. The prep is very easy and afterwards just a few lumps that Slowly disappears after a few hours. Once a week at home and after 2 years With no infections it has been great.

July 2, 2013 10:08 AM

Review by BPROP (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: Immune system is where it should be for the first time in 5 yrs! Actually had to reduce Hizentra by 20% after 6 month blood check!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2013 12:38 PM

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: Once you find a good site it is relatively painless. Almost no severe reactions yet. I can't handle IVIG very well so this is it for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2011 2:34 AM

Review by Rjslabmm:

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: I started on Hizentra 3 months ago and I am quite pleased with the differance it has made. I was always feeling run down and so so tired all the time and I would have one Sinus infection after an other. I was so sick of taking antibiotics. They say at about four months I will be close to my plateau, I don't know about that as I was quite run down. Each week has had its ups and downs, You know i step forward and 2 back, lately however I have been noticing a more level and steady state. I don't care to much for inserting the 4 needles every week and the injection site pain but it is only there for a couple of days then I have 5 days to enjoy life. Good luck to you! Mike

March 7, 2011 9:58 AM

Review by 998041:

For Primary Immunodeficiency Syndrome: Medicare required patients to switch from viva to globulin. The switch for me resulted in instant disability, numerous infections. It became evident that the same dosage of viva was not equivalent to Hizentra. Hizentra had to be increased by a factor of 1.59 of viva. The weekly grams infused out weigh any advantage of the 20% solution.

December 27, 2010 9:02 AM