User Reviews for Imipramine

Also known as: Tofranil, Tofranil-PM

Learn more about Imipramine.

Reviews for Imipramine to treat Pain

"I was prescribed this medication for chronic widespread musclepain(fibromyalgia) and neuropathic pain,and allodynia all over plus vulvodynia. It does take the edge off,and the pain is not as intense as it used to be, but still continuing sadly. It did take away my sleep paralysis episodes,and sleep hallucinations, amazing for sleep too.Its a great drug, its the only one I can tolerate, I tried amytriptyline and all the SSRI's but the side effects been horrendous,and had a devastating effect on my functioning.The only effects imipramine have on me is some dizziness and drowsiness during the day, fast heart rate, and mild loss of libido, but other than these I feel its very useful with pain and sleep.The first few days expect nausea,and somnolence."

truetina22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2015

"I have been on Imipramine for over 2 years and found it good for pain relief combined with Gabapentin. The only problem I have encountered is weight gain as it tends to increase my appetite."

Dunedin April 17, 2008