User Reviews for Ibuprofen

Also known as: A-G Profen, Actiprofen, Addaprin, Advil, Advil Children's, Advil Film-Coated, Advil Infant's Concentrated Drops, Advil Junior Strength, Advil Liqui-Gels, Advil Migraine, Caldolor, Cap-Profen, Children's ElixSure IB, Children's Motrin, Childrens Ibuprofen Berry, ...show all 46 brand names

Learn more about Ibuprofen.

Ibuprofen Review Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Ibuprofen to treat Gout, Acute

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): "I have chronic gout problems, been having for 15 years. Advil works good for my back pain and most of the time for joint pain if taken at the first feeling of gout flare. Taking four 200mg caps at a time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2012

Advil (ibuprofen): "I have used Advil to treat my gout for years. I start off with 3 when there's pain, then 2 every 6 hours throughout the 1st day. Beyond that, I keep it within the recommended dosage of no more than 1200/day and I typically do that much for the first 3-5 days after an attack occurs. I use the rapid release kind or it doesn't work at all."

psarq August 1, 2010

Motrin (ibuprofen): "Short lived relief with stomach problems if taken long term"

Anonymous December 19, 2009

Advil Liqui-Gels (ibuprofen): "I asked my pharmacist what the best over the counter treatment for arthritis swelling was. He recommended the Advil. I took one capsule at noon, it is close to midnight and my swelling has gone down considerably, the pain has as well."

Lanc the tank September 16, 2009